Sign in to follow this  
PowerBroker

Players stashed for later in season

Every year I try to stash a couple of projects who may or may not pan out later in the year. Who do you think will turn out to be a huge surprise the last half of the year. I vote for Doug Gabriel but I thought about Greg Jennings or Kevin Curtis. Please don't pick obvious guys like Colston who is already on everyone's screen for the first half.

Any other thoughts?

On my team...I have Doug Gabriel, Greg Jennings and Joseph Addai stashed away for the 2nd half of the season..

DeAngelo Williams & Brandon Jacobs.

I added Norwood to my keeper team hoping to catch lightening in a bottle for late this year or next if something happens to Dunn.

Although he may not count because I think he's already on a lot of owner's radars.

Don't have any of these guys on my squad...but they are on my watch list...

QB - Rivers, Leinert (when Warner gets hurt), Cutler, Carr

RB - Musa Smith, Buckhalter, Norwood, Harrisson, Drew-Jones

WR - Vincent Jackson, Jennings, Roddy White, Drew Carter, Josh Reed

Desperatly trying to land Maroney as my #5 back (behind Portis, SJax, Gore, Chester), but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Addai- In hopes of Edge reincarnated around week 5 or 6

Jacobs- Will get GREAT stats in games where the Giants are blowing them out. If Tiki Happens to go down, I'll be whistling to the tune of Genius to the Championships.

Marion Barber- Happened to pick this character up last year when Jones went down and he had a couple of HUGE games.

Don't know if Kevin Curtis is really a "stash" player...?

Here's a real longshot -- Priest Holmes. They've got till week 6 to see what his status is. Though everything I've read indicates he's done for the year (and perhaps career). But ya never know, maybe it's just a smokescreen, and the Chiefs will be yet another annoying platoon situation. (Yeah, I know, this a very unlikely scenario.)

-R

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Michael Robinson

WR - Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall

TE - Tony Scheffler

I was originally thinking Bledsoe might get injured, now I think he might just suck. Robinson may not get much time if Gore continues to produce, but I am still not convinced. Jackson depends on Rivers, and Marshall needs to get into football shape apparently. Who knows with Scheffler. It would help if his QB produced.

You could argue Colston is "stashed", but I am playing him until Branch gets on the field for Seattle.

I'm hoping to get late-season contributions from at least some of the following: DeAngelo, Benson, Addai, Norwood, Jennings... I took a youth turn with my team this year, after winning it all last year (7-keeper, going to 6 keeper). In the offseason, I traded away Alexander, MHarrison and McNabb... hopefully the young guys step-up and win me a championship next year.

M Bennett - here's to hoping LJ breaks a leg :huh:

The guys that won the WCOFF drafted LJ early last year (I think 4th round) with the knowledge that the only way they could win the whole thing was if Priest had a season-ending injury.

An unbelievable $1500 gamble.

QB- V. Young .. who knows what he can do

WR - Jennings .. who knows what Favre can will do

RB - D.Ang.. who knows what can happen to Foster

RB- Buckhalter.. he has already produced 50yrds.. and Ive already heard 2 negative news regarding B.Westbrook

I dont have V. Young yet.. but I'd love to trade for him .

I added A-Train up in Buffalo. Didn't see last week's game, seems like McGahee is fine.

Also added Davenport in Pitt - hoping he turns into a Jacobs type of back.

a few that've been mentioned...

QB:

Tony Romo - if he gets to play, there's a lot of weapons.

Jay Cutler - impressed me in the preseason

David Gerrard - lots of talent

RB:

Jerrious Norwood - I'll call it now; he rushes for 1000 this year.

Vernand Morency - I like Morency better in GB than in HOU -- just wait for Ahman to break down.

Alvin Pearman - just a hunch; Jones is out, Pearman is the best backup to Taylor

WR:

Brandon Stokely - it's a loaded situation if he gets healthy

Drew Carter - Carolina should be better than last weekend... if Smith's injury lingers, who knows.

Every year I try to stash a couple of projects who may or may not pan out later in the year. Who do you think will turn out to be a huge surprise the last half of the year. I vote for Doug Gabriel but I thought about Greg Jennings or Kevin Curtis. Please don't pick obvious guys like Colston who is already on everyone's screen for the first half.

Any other thoughts?

I picked up Michael Turner today, The guy always produces when he is in there for LT.

I hate to anticipate an injury to any player but Turner would be fantasy gold IMO if LT goes down.

QB: Kyle Orton - He's a winner and throws good

RB: Antowain Smith - Dude always shows up somewhere and grabs the waiver spotlight. Save time and grab him NOW.

WR: Jimmy Smith - 'Idle hands are the devil's workshop' not to mention millions spent on a bad habit; he'll be back to grab a few more paychecks.

TE: Visanthe Shiancoe - When Shockey has the trems, Chief whatshisname will capitalize.