Sign in to follow this  
Guest MUGS

Westbrook to start

Guest MUGS

7am local Philly news Tv(Action News on ABC) reports Westy will start and play

Obviously no link, just watching it and interview with Reid

He was never listed as any kinda injured ... not even Probable. Cocah and Westy have been saying we're "100%".

These ghay rumors about Westy being hurt ... HE JUST SAT OUT OF PRACTICE, ONE FOCKING DAY! HE'S FINE!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.................

I love Homers!!! :clap:

Guest MUGS
ricanrockers Posted Today, 12:34 PM

QUOTE(MUGS @ Sep 16 2006, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.................

I love Homers!!!

Christ,don't call me a homer :doh:

Living 1 hr from Philly, I can't get any good Steelers news, just the cr@ppy Iggles :P

A swelling knee after week 1 in practice isn't good any way you slice it, he makes me nervous which is why I took Parker over him, it may backfire but I already have ulcers from my keeper SS.

He was never listed as any kinda injured ... not even Probable.

He was/is listed as Probable.

Truth be told, Westbrook has practiced little more than a week since spraining a foot on the first series of the preseason opener. It didn’t seem to hamper him in the opener as he accumulated 132 yards from scrimmage on 21 touches and averaged 8.3 yards on three punt returns.

Nonetheless the hush-hush Reid wouldn’t specify Friday what caused the latest Westbrook injury the team is calling "inflammation," or the type of rehabilitation the player is receiving.

Asked if Westbrook would be 100 percent by kickoff, Reid replied, "Yeah, should be."

Westbrook, unavailable for comment, might not have to be 100 percent to play in the game according to Reid.

"That’s why we have him listed like we have him listed," Reid said. "And we are moving on here."

The bottom line is the Eagles are preparing -- just in case -- to give a portion of Westbrook’s snaps to Ryan Moats, who in his rookie season rushed for 110 yards and two touchdowns against the Giants.

With Westbrook getting treatment from trainer Rick Burkholder, according to Reid, Moats got a lot of first-team repetitions at practice. Moats could see his first work on offense this season even if Westbrook starts.

"We’ll see how it works out during the game," Reid said. "I’ve got to see how things work out."

Link

If he's going to see how things work out, then it sounds to me like Westbrook will start, and if he doesn't suffer any set backs, he'll be used as much as they plan on using him in every other game.

Reid doesn't seem to think it's cause for concern.

He was/is listed as Probable.

Truth be told, Westbrook has practiced little more than a week since spraining a foot on the first series of the preseason opener. It didn’t seem to hamper him in the opener as he accumulated 132 yards from scrimmage on 21 touches and averaged 8.3 yards on three punt returns.

Nonetheless the hush-hush Reid wouldn’t specify Friday what caused the latest Westbrook injury the team is calling "inflammation," or the type of rehabilitation the player is receiving.

Asked if Westbrook would be 100 percent by kickoff, Reid replied, "Yeah, should be."

Westbrook, unavailable for comment, might not have to be 100 percent to play in the game according to Reid.

"That’s why we have him listed like we have him listed," Reid said. "And we are moving on here."

The bottom line is the Eagles are preparing -- just in case -- to give a portion of Westbrook’s snaps to Ryan Moats, who in his rookie season rushed for 110 yards and two touchdowns against the Giants.

With Westbrook getting treatment from trainer Rick Burkholder, according to Reid, Moats got a lot of first-team repetitions at practice. Moats could see his first work on offense this season even if Westbrook starts.

"We’ll see how it works out during the game," Reid said. "I’ve got to see how things work out."

Link

If he's going to see how things work out, then it sounds to me like Westbrook will start, and if he doesn't suffer any set backs, he'll be used as much as they plan on using him in every other game.

Reid doesn't seem to think it's cause for concern.

After the game last weekend, Les Bowen from the Daily News pointed out that Reid intimated that he used Westbrook too much last weekend. Mainly, he prolly shouldn't have been returning punts.

My guess is Dexter Wynn will be returning punts this weekend if Reno Mahe is not a go. I think Westbrook will get his touches, however, they have to get Ryan Moats involved in the offense somehow.

After the game last weekend, Les Bowen from the Daily News pointed out that Reid intimated that he used Westbrook too much last weekend. Mainly, he prolly shouldn't have been returning punts.

My guess is Dexter Wynn will be returning punts this weekend if Reno Mahe is not a go. I think Westbrook will get his touches, however, they have to get Ryan Moats involved in the offense somehow.

Reed is a retard for having westbrook return punts. There is a reason you don't see LT, Tiki or any other top back in the NFL doing it, it's too risky.

Reed is a retard for having westbrook return punts. There is a reason you don't see LT, Tiki or any other top back in the NFL doing it, it's too risky.

Steve Smith always returns punts...Oh, I forgot he's hurt ;)

A swelling knee after week 1 in practice isn't good any way you slice it, he makes me nervous which is why I took Parker over him, it may backfire but I already have ulcers from my keeper SS.

I have Westbrook, and I agree, I'm very nervous about him this year.

I bet i would have a swollen knee too if i didnt play all preseason. Go into a game and getted drilled by 255 pound linebackers. Give the guy a break, he isnt even really hurt yet.

Only a matter of time before Westy is done. These little nagging injuries always turn into much more with him.

Please name more than one occurrence of little nagging injuries turning into more for him? Last year with the foot-sprain (which was an acute, not nagging injury)... and ...

Doesn't anyone think Westy's injury concerns are overblown? He's played basically every game he's been asked to play (2004 he didn't play the last 3 weeks because all starters were sitting for the playoffs). The only time I can find of him missing significant (more than 1 week) of actual game action is last season.

Somebody help me out... why is is a "fact" that Westbrook is injury prone? Is it because rotoworld says so?

Only a matter of time before Westy is done. These little nagging injuries always turn into much more with him.

This maybe true...but hopefully not. I backed up Westbrook with Buck and I'm hoping that if Westbrook goes down that Buck can fill in nicely. He's looked pretty damn good in preseason and last week. Yes he's prone to injury too but I hope that Westbrook plays at least 10-12 games and if Buck has to play 4 games I'm good with that...

I took Westbrook late in the third round because everyone was scared of him....if I could get top 10 #'s for the majority of the year I'll be happy...

This maybe true...but hopefully not. I backed up Westbrook with Buck and I'm hoping that if Westbrook goes down that Buck can fill in nicely. He's looked pretty damn good in preseason and last week. Yes he's prone to injury too but I hope that Westbrook plays at least 10-12 games and if Buck has to play 4 games I'm good with that...

I took Westbrook late in the third round because everyone was scared of him....if I could get top 10 #'s for the majority of the year I'll be happy...

While I agree with your assessment from a #s standpoint............he is useless on the IR come FF playoff time.

While I agree with your assessment from a #s standpoint............he is useless on the IR come FF playoff time.

Keep this in mind....if Westbrook plays up until week 10 and gets hurt....Buck comes in...late in the year and relatively fresh...that's what you want at the end of a year...a fresh RB.

Same thing with LT....if LT goes strong for 12 games and breaks down...Turner comes in...fresh...he will be great.

Same thing with some rookies....like for example...if Foster gets hurt late in the year...Deangelo comes in...watch out...he'll be gold come playoff time.

Predicting injuries is impossible..being prepared for injuries is what a smart ff champion does.

Please name more than one occurrence of little nagging injuries turning into more for him? Last year with the foot-sprain (which was an acute, not nagging injury)... and ...

Doesn't anyone think Westy's injury concerns are overblown? He's played basically every game he's been asked to play (2004 he didn't play the last 3 weeks because all starters were sitting for the playoffs). The only time I can find of him missing significant (more than 1 week) of actual game action is last season.

Somebody help me out... why is is a "fact" that Westbrook is injury prone? Is it because rotoworld says so?

Not overblown, he's been injury prone since college...missed a year

Does that make Wilis McGahee injury prone as well?

What does Willis have to do with this??? I have McNabb, so I hope Westbrook stays healthy, but if you think he doesn't have an injury history, you have some nice rose colored glasses. The guy has yet to make it through a full season and missed a year of college.

What does Willis have to do with this??? I have McNabb, so I hope Westbrook stays healthy, but if you think he doesn't have an injury history, you have some nice rose colored glasses. The guy has yet to make it through a full season and missed a year of college.

Not sure why Willis came up in this discussion....but anyway...Westbrook is injury prone..that's a unfortunate fact....but if you plan correctly and draft right he is a back that can give you a hell of a lot of points...if you use the sell high tactic...you could get a great player for him late in the year and capatalize on it....if he gives you 8 weeks of top 10 production you'll be great....if you plan right.

I think they're overblown. Yes he's had injuries so far. Missed the 4 last year with the foot. Rested the last games but did miss one game with bruised rib in 2004. Rookie year he got hurt the last week. Tore his tricep - pretty flukey for a RB. But its 'guranteed' he's going down when you don't seem to hear the same things about J. Jones who in two years has missed more games, J. Lewis who's got a very injury prone past, Caddilac who always seems banged up, Portis who missed a couple games a year with Den. and again now. Back when Marshall Faulk was still the #1 RB he was good to miss a couple games a year. I'd rather take the chance he's hurt for playoffs but I'm in them because of him than to go with a K. Jones type who'll stay healthy but do nothing all year again and I'd be out of the playoffs.

What does Willis have to do with this???

McGahee missed a lot of college too with a terrible knee injury. That's what he has to do with this. I asked if based on Willis' college injury history you thought Willis was an injury risk now.

The guy has yet to make it through a full season

See, this is where we differ on what that means. He DID play a "full season" in 2003 as he rested at the end of the season with the other starters, then played in the playoffs. Basically a full season without injuries. The year before he missed ONE game. It was only last year that he missed significant time.

I'll say it again: I don't believe being injured for 5 out of a possible 45 games (ETA: Not including playoff games) since he became a starting RB means he's injury prone.

2005 played 12 Games

2004 played 13, started 12

2003 played 15 only started 8

2002 only started 3 games, played in 15

Just an FYI, Willis played all 16 the last 2 years.

2005 played 12 Games - OK, he was hurt for four games

2004 played 13, started 12 I have pointed out numerous times everyone on the Eagles was rested for the playoffs the last 3 games of 2004

2003 played 15 only started 8So basically a full season without injury... ok

2002 only started 3 games, played in 15 Rookie season, meaningless how much he played because they already had an established starter, but he still wasn't hurt

Just an FYI, Willis played all 16 the last 2 years.

The numbers you add about when he started and when he didn't are misleading. Often Buckhalter or another RB would "start" a game, but Westbrook would be the featured back with the most touches.

You seem to think him sitting out for 3 games in 2004 and then playing in the playoffs is a negative because he did not "play a full season".

In fact, if not for that injury last year, no one in their right mind would call Westbrook injury prone.

Brian Westbrook is

...not number 36.

...a white man.

...not prone to injury any given play of the game.

:unsure:

Nice insight. Every NFL player is prone to injury on any given play.

To those saying he never had an injury, his knee is swelled up.

He's listed as probable, knee - when asked for status, Reid said, "it's not the preseason anymore".

Which is a bit cagey.

I am looking at it as a gametime decision. I have him in a PPR league, so obviously he'd be a better play than Jamal Lewis, even against the Raidahs.

Drives ya nuts . Dude has M Faulks talent and Fred Taylors body.

That being said he is a GO. :dunno:

This is getting ###### ridiculous

Westbrook has missed 9 games in his first four years. In 2004, he probably sat an extra game or two at the end of the season because they had homefield pretty much wrapped up in week 13

Fred Taylor missed 24 games in his first four years.

To those saying he never had an injury, his knee is swelled up.

He's listed as probable, knee - when asked for status, Reid said, "it's not the preseason anymore".

Which is a bit cagey.

I am looking at it as a gametime decision. I have him in a PPR league, so obviously he'd be a better play than Jamal Lewis, even against the Raidahs.

I think you took the "it's not the preseason anymore" quote the wrong way. It's only my interpretation, but I think what Reid means by it, is that if this were the preseason, Westbrook would sit the game out. Since it's not the preseason and the game counts, they are going to play him.

This isn't a GTD. Westbrook will start, and as long as he doesn't suffer any setbacks, he'll finish with his usual 15-20 touches. If there was any thought Westbrook would be a GTD, I think you'd see him listed as Questionable.

The numbers you add about when he started and when he didn't are misleading. Often Buckhalter or another RB would "start" a game, but Westbrook would be the featured back with the most touches.

You seem to think him sitting out for 3 games in 2004 and then playing in the playoffs is a negative because he did not "play a full season".

In fact, if not for that injury last year, no one in their right mind would call Westbrook injury prone.

Nice insight. Every NFL player is prone to injury on any given play.

It was actually Duce Staley that would start those games. I live in Eagle country and most of my Eagle fan friends call him Westbroke :cheers: Don't where it comes from since he is a durable back

I have McNabb, so I hope your right and he is healthy all year.