Sign in to follow this  
BoltFan

Portis #49 on this weeks projections! WTF?

Don't sweat it man.. i think if you have him, you have to try to put him against the Texans unless you're in a PPR game and you think it's gonna be really close, i.e. every measly yard is crucial -- just in case he does re-aggravate it early on.

I need tds and he's going in this week for me.

I get it....he could reinjure the shoulder, but.......49 our of 49??

:thumbsup:

Lets hear it from the coach and wait for the Friday injury report before being too bullish on Portis for this week. He didn't even dress last week. That's fair, isn't it? :angry:

You are a fool if you think he has a big week.

care to expand on that comment.

Aren't there some aerosol cans out in the garage you can huff on right now?

After this impressive analysis...I'm convinced.

Rodney Culver is now in for Portis on my roster.

I'm quite sure that the #49 projection was based on the possibility that Portis may not play.

I'm pretty sure that it's a consensus that if Portis plays, and stays healthy, he should have a monster week.

Many sceptics still need to see him take the ball 25 times without reinjuring his shoulder, before they place him where he should be in the rankings.

well, based on the fact that portis has taken part if FULL practice, says he's going to start and GIBBS say's that portis has looked good...there's no reason to assume he's not going to play. the projections are crap.

Fact is, the Skins aren't very good this year..Brunnell is in one of his looking old phases..who knows if he'll snap out of it..defenses can crowd the line and force Brunnell to beat them.

on the other side of the ball..Gregg Williams has been found out..it's either blitz blitz blitz..or zone with him..get the read right pre-snap..and you're set..

Houston for the upset..

How bout this...if it's a FACT that Portis will play, flip him in the rankings with Betts. 1st week back he's probably not gonna get all the carries he normally would, and chances are this is gonna be an air war kind of game, so both their #'s may be off this week.

Why do people care so much about someone else's projections?

I like to look at cheatsheets and projections, too. Mostly if I have a real close decision on two borderline starters. I just like to see if my way of thinking seems to be the consensus. It also helps me to get excited about my matchup that week.

I doubt that I've changed a starter based on someone else's cheatsheet or projection more than two or three times in my entire fantasy football "career".

Obviously, the Portis rankings on all cheatsheets, is based on whether or not a particular website thinks he's healthy or not. We have access to the same injury information that these published "gurus" do.

What it boils down to is whether you think Portis will last the entire game. You have as good a chance at being correct as CBS Sportsline, FFToday, FBG, or Fanball does. If you feel he'll make it through, he is a starter. Period.

Why do people care so much about someone else's projections?

I like to look at cheatsheets and projections, too. Mostly if I have a real close decision on two borderline starters. I just like to see if my way of thinking seems to be the consensus. It also helps me to get excited about my matchup that week.

I doubt that I've changed a starter based on someone else's cheatsheet or projection more than two or three times in my entire fantasy football "career".

Obviously, the Portis rankings on all cheatsheets, is based on whether or not a particular website thinks he's healthy or not. We have access to the same injury information that these published "gurus" do.

What it boils down to is whether you think Portis will last the entire game. You have as good a chance at being correct as CBS Sportsline, FFToday, FBG, or Fanball does. If you feel he'll make it through, he is a starter. Period.

i don't know how many actually people actually set their lineups based on the "experts" projections...i just think they're fun to read and even more fun to rip. :wub:

Or if you just think he has a good chance to score.