Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Ticket Master Must be Stopped

It would appear that jerryskids screen name is entirely accurate

:dunno:

You know, when I first read his screen name (way back when) I thought it was a reference to brown stains in his underwear.

It would appear that jerryskids screen name is entirely accurate

:dunno:

You should have seen the stuff in my housing thread.... :D

I would love to take my business else where but unfortunately they are the only business in town

What about Stubhub.com or Ebay? They aren't offerred through the Tiger's box office (in person)?

i can't read this thread because it will make my veins fill with so much hatred toward ticketmaster, clear channel, etc...

i have to stop or heads will roll.

maximum :cheers:

i can't read this thread because it will make my veins fill with so much hatred toward ticketmaster, clear channel, etc...

i have to stop or heads will roll.

maximum :cheers:

Jeebus, if our country had half as much hatred for bin Laden as we apparently do for Ticketmaster, we'd have killed him 5 years ago. :cheers:

we'd have been charged a convenience fee for doing so....

I'm not "sticking up for them," I'm just saying that they are good at what they do, the gubment investigated them and found they were not doing anything illegal, and everyone here is being a whiny pussay.

Classy!

Jeebus, if our country had half as much hatred for bin Laden as we apparently do for liberals, we'd have killed him 5 years ago. :unsure:

Fixed!

You should have seen the stuff in my housing thread.... :D

:unsure:

You guys are hysterical, this is the best of the bunch. Go ahead and bump that thread, RLLD.

:D

4 Tickets = $80

Convenience Charges = $23.00

Order Processing Chrg = $5.05

Total = $108.05 :mad:

Its good service, but 35%! :wall:

An artist wonder why less people are going to shows these days... :D

Wow I totally forgot about this thread. Can we get some focking competition for these ######? I'm all for making a profit, but damn is it that hard to break into the business?

Wow I totally forgot about this thread. Can we get some focking competition for these ######? I'm all for making a profit, but damn is it that hard to break into the business?

My wife read recently, perhaps in WSJ, that the Cavs owner has offered some service to season ticket owners that bypasses Ticketmaster.

Okay, I'm in the bidness. Maybe I can shed some light w/o revealing anything too proprietary:

1) To the people who biotch that TM gets to keep their service charge even if the concert's cancelled: Why not? They did their job. They processed your order, printed the tickets and mailed them to you. They have no ownership or control over the artist or the promoter. In fact, they get a little screwed when the show is cancelled too.

2) W/O getting too "in" to it. All I can say is, TM doesn't keep the whole service charge by any means.

Yeah, I think there s/b more competition. No, I'm not defending TM. Yes, I think the charges are too high. I also think ticket prices are too high. At least you have an option of not going through TM.

My wife read recently, perhaps in WSJ, that the Cavs owner has offered some service to season ticket owners that bypasses Ticketmaster.

Well I be all for getting serviced for paying the fees too. :D

Okay, I'm in the bidness. Maybe I can shed some light w/o revealing anything too proprietary:

1) To the people who biotch that TM gets to keep their service charge even if the concert's cancelled: Why not? They did their job. They processed your order, printed the tickets and mailed them to you. They have no ownership or control over the artist or the promoter. In fact, they get a little screwed when the show is cancelled too.

2) W/O getting too "in" to it. All I can say is, TM doesn't keep the whole service charge by any means.

Yeah, I think there s/b more competition. No, I'm not defending TM. Yes, I think the charges are too high. I also think ticket prices are too high. At least you have an option of not going through TM.

Careful wiff, if you use logic to defend what they do, the incensed mob here will label you an idiot.

1) To the people who biotch that TM gets to keep their service charge even if the concert's cancelled: Why not? They did their job. They processed your order, printed the tickets and mailed them to you. They have no ownership or control over the artist or the promoter. In fact, they get a little screwed when the show is

IMO then they should change the name, because when it is usually the only option to buy the tickets, there is nothing convenient about it. :D I'm lucky I live downtown and I sometimes have an option to go to the box offices, but figuring out when the fock they are open (or if that is even an option sometimes) is another task in itself.

IMO then they should change the name, because when it is usually the only option to buy the tickets, there is nothing convenient about it. :D I'm lucky I live downtown and I sometimes have an option to go to the box offices, but figuring out when the fock they are open (or if that is even an option sometimes) is another task in itself.

From what you describe, it's a heck of a lot more convenient to go to your mailbox than go to the venue to buy tickets.

From what you describe, it's a heck of a lot more convenient to go to your mailbox than go to the venue to buy tickets.

But 35% of the ticket price? I don't think so.

But 35% of the ticket price? I don't think so.

It's still a convenience. heck, I can find examples where the shipping is more than the item on Amazon or Ebay. Doesn't mean it's not a convenience. Just means the charge is more than you like to spend.

You gotta figure, the cost of processing your order for $5 concert tickets costs TM just as much as processing the order for $500 Rolling Stones tickets. So a % of ticket price argument is pretty irrelevant. If anything, the artists and promoters (who get a piece of the service charge) should arrange to 'eat' the service charge when people are spending $100,200,500 on tickets. - kinda like Amazon 'eats' the shipping if you spend enough.

I paid $73 for 3 - $15 tickets the other day, emailed.

A bit exorbitant IMO, but they have you by the shorties.

The thing i hate most about this (and it doesn't apply to sporting events) is if you buy concert tickets, and then it gets cancelled (which happens alot) ticketmaster gets to keep their shipping and convenience charge

huge scam :ninja:

OH NO THEY FOCKING DON'T!

Not unless you're a complete focking moron.

This happened to me ONCE. I called Ticketmaster, freaked out on them and closed by saying, We can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way, either way, I'm getting my money back. You can credit me the full amount now or when I hang up this phone, I call Visa and dispute the charge, and I guaranfockingTEE you that they are not going to pay you a convenience charge and a shipping charge and a product you never supplied.

They credited me the full amount whilst still on the phone and despite me being a rather rude assbag about the whole thing.

Oh, and to toss you a "beat the Ticketmaster Monster" story that just happened...

Two VIP tickets to the King Tut Exhibition in Philadelphia, "exclusively" through Ticketmaster... $150 + convenience fees and other craptastic charges... $200+

Login to AAA... get a "vacation package" for Valentine's Day that includes two days, the very same VIP tix for the exhibition and a night at a very nice hotel room... $180. PLUS... I can pick any day & time during the course of the week to use the VIP tix whereas through Ticketmonster, you have to pick a specific date and a specific 30-minute time-stamped entry window which, if you miss, you're outta luck.

Thanks for nothing TicketMonster! :ninja:

Just got my Tiger post season tickets in the mail today. I would like to thank TM for the $16 convenience charge (keep in mind the only way to get tickets was through them how convenient for them) and a $6 facility charge. Which I knew about while buying the tickets.

So there's 40 dollars before I even pay for my 4 tickets. Seems for every $10 on the price of the ticket TM charges a 1 dollar fee

That's not what ticks me off the most. I open my envelope and what's the first thing I see? A coupon to focking netflix.

How do they get away with charging people $40 and charging advertiser a fee to insert thier coupons with the tickets. All they do is stuff a piece of cardboard into an envelope and put a 30 cent stamp on it.

How much money are they making from this? I mean really can we get the government to look into this? Maybe we should file a class action lawsuit.

I would love to take my business else where but unfortunately they are the only business in town

ETA I found a Direct TV ad in one of them along with the netfilx :rolleyes:

If you dont want to pay the service charges....buy season tickets!!!

I didn't enter into a financial agreement w/the venue, promoter or artist/team...I entered into a financial agreement w/Ticketmaster. Why should I have to go try to get restitution from a party that I haven't dealt with? Why should they give a rat's ass about someone whom they've never dealt with?

Ticketmaster doesn't seem to have any issues pocketing the rewards from these transactions...it's only when there is a problem that they don't want to take any responsibility.

Case in point (which I may have posted earlier...maybe even in this thread)...years back I was working in NYC and living in NJ. My roomate and I had tix to a show scheduled to start at 9pm in NYC. So, I took the train home, figured I'd shower, eat and head back into the city w/my roomie w/plenty of time. When I got home I had a voice mail from Ticketmaster, which they had left at approx 5:30pm indicating that the venue had double booked and that the show was now scheduled to begin at 7pm. My roomie and I scrambled, only to arrive just as the last song or two were being played. When I complained to Ticketmaster I got the run around and my complaints fell on deaf ears. Luckily, I had paid w/my AMEX card, so I disputed the charge and AMEX found in my favor.

Why should I have gotten screwed b/c the venue and promoter that Ticketmaster worked with screwed up? Why should I have gotten screwed b/c Ticketmaster didn't notify me of the time change until an hour or two before the new scheduled start time?

the radio staion in my building had their annual NFC/AFC party two weeks ago. they sold tickets through ticketmaster like they always do.

last season i bought 4 tickets for my cowokers. came out to around $45 bucks. i think that the charges were only like a dollar something.

this season i dial up two general admission tickets on the internet and my total is like $34 dollars!

:mad:

it seems like their convenience fee and internet fee and breathing oxygen fee or whatevah it is went up from last year.

i was like two $10 tickets for $34 dollars?

NO THANKS! :wall:

i went to the local publix grocery store which is also a ticketmaster outlet and i eliminated of one of the sets of fees (some internet delivery fee) and i paid around $14.00 for the ticket.

:thumbsdown:

If you dont want to pay the service charges....buy season tickets!!!

Wow thanks. Brilliant idea.

I didn't enter into a financial agreement w/the venue, promoter or artist/team...I entered into a financial agreement w/Ticketmaster. Why should I have to go try to get restitution from a party that I haven't dealt with? Why should they give a rat's ass about someone whom they've never dealt with?

Ticketmaster doesn't seem to have any issues pocketing the rewards from these transactions...it's only when there is a problem that they don't want to take any responsibility.

Case in point (which I may have posted earlier...maybe even in this thread)...years back I was working in NYC and living in NJ. My roomate and I had tix to a show scheduled to start at 9pm in NYC. So, I took the train home, figured I'd shower, eat and head back into the city w/my roomie w/plenty of time. When I got home I had a voice mail from Ticketmaster, which they had left at approx 5:30pm indicating that the venue had double booked and that the show was now scheduled to begin at 7pm. My roomie and I scrambled, only to arrive just as the last song or two were being played. When I complained to Ticketmaster I got the run around and my complaints fell on deaf ears. Luckily, I had paid w/my AMEX card, so I disputed the charge and AMEX found in my favor.

Why should I have gotten screwed b/c the venue and promoter that Ticketmaster worked with screwed up? Why should I have gotten screwed b/c Ticketmaster didn't notify me of the time change until an hour or two before the new scheduled start time?

You really don't understand the concept of an agency agreement, nor TM's role do you? Read what TM says about the service charge. You pay the service charge / convenience charge strictly for the use of TM's systems, personnel, mailing and ticketing - NOT for the concert itself. That's why the service fee is seperate from the ticket price. When you buy that ticket you DO enter into an agreement with the promoter and the artist. The agreement is, you pay the $100, they put on the show. The agreement with TM is: You pay the $10, they cut the tickets and mail them to you.

TM has no control over the promoter, nor the venue, nor the artist, they are a TICKETING AGENT. Would you bust a broker's balls if you bought Incubus tickets and Incubus decided to show up an hour late drunk outta their gourds?

Now bear in mind, I'm defending TM, their charges are too high. But the rant that you laid down shows complete ignorance of TM's role - and the very concept of going through a ticketing agent vs. purchasing from the venue itself.

You really don't understand the concept of an agency agreement, nor TM's role do you? Read what TM says about the service charge. You pay the service charge / convenience charge strictly for the use of TM's systems, personnel, mailing and ticketing - NOT for the concert itself. That's why the service fee is seperate from the ticket price. When you buy that ticket you DO enter into an agreement with the promoter and the artist. The agreement is, you pay the $100, they put on the show. The agreement with TM is: You pay the $10, they cut the tickets and mail them to you.

TM has no control over the promoter, nor the venue, nor the artist, they are a TICKETING AGENT. Would you bust a broker's balls if you bought Incubus tickets and Incubus decided to show up an hour late drunk outta their gourds?

Now bear in mind, I'm defending TM, their charges are too high. But the rant that you laid down shows complete ignorance of TM's role - and the very concept of going through a ticketing agent vs. purchasing from the venue itself.

No, I understand their TOS just fine. I just happen to think that they're about as fair and valid as those multi-page jumbles of leagalese that Microsoft makes you accept to use their operating systems.

Let me put it this way... I have a Sidekick from T-Mobile. I was kind of p|ssed to discover that the device has been intentionally crippled to not allow you to send email to more than 10 recipients at a time. It can be a real hassle, especially when you are trying to reply to all on an email you were sent and has a distribution list of more than 10 people. When I called T-Mobile they blamed it on Danger (the company that makes the device.) T-Mobile told me to contact Danger and take it up w/them. I refused. I asked them why I should have to contact Danger. I don't have a contract w/them. Danger doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. If T-Mobile doesn't like customers calling to complain, then they can take it up w/Danger.

I'm sorry, but as a consumer, if I have a problem w/ a purchase the first place I'm going to go for recourse is to the person/place/company that I dealt w/directly.

When that doesn't work, I'll go to the manufacturer or a company like AMEX (if I used my AMEX card.) I mean, do you think I was wrong to complain to Ticketmaster over the example I gave? Do you think that it was wrong of me to dispute the charge w/AMEX after Ticketmaster pretty much told me "Tough sh|t"?

It looks as if the Detroit Tigers are no longer using Ticket Master to sell tickets. :first: :first: :headbanger:

I haven't ordered any tickets yet, so I don't know if they are charging the same obscene fees. If anyone buys single game tickets this weekend let me know how the experience was.

that was the thing... for the concert i went to, i never even got any tickets in the mail... sure they "processed" my order online, but is that worth 10 bucks a ticket???

i got jobbed :dunno:

What ticketmaster needs is 3-4 big competitors.

They should be broken up like the Bells (phone companies) were in the 80s.