Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

Addai will be top ten RB's this year.

After 4 weeks in the Nfl, Addai is currently ranked no29 with respect to fantasy points(35), with top ten at 53 points. This week alone should cut that deficit in half. U will have a no1 starting RB by midseason in Addai. My other two are LJ and W Dunn. With L White waiting in the wings. So in my case, i might have 4 starting RB's by midseason. I drafted Dunn, Addai and white and got LJ for Tiki. I think i am looking pretty good with respect to RB's.

After 4 weeks in the Nfl, Addai is currently ranked no29 with respect to fantasy points(35), with top ten at 53 points. This week alone should cut that deficit in half. U will have a no1 starting RB by midseason in Addai. My other two are LJ and W Dunn. With L White waiting in the wings. So in my case, i might have 4 starting RB's by midseason. I drafted Dunn, Addai and white and got LJ for Tiki. I think i am looking pretty good with respect to RB's.

I doubt Addai will get enough touches over the course of the season to displace the majority of the backs ahead of him. His ypc will be better, and is, than more than a few of those ahead of him, but in terms of total yards and TD's it's unlikely he'll have enough opportunity to finish that high. As it stands now he and Rhodes are almost even in touches and I do think that will change as the season progresses but not enough for a top ten finish. Tennessee or no Tennessee.

i dont agree. here's why: Indy will continue to struggle to run the ball all year. when its not working for them, they'll instantly turn to Manning, because thye can, and because they have to win. the Expectations on the Colts are higher than those of any team. they won't be patient in developing the running game. their O-Line is not as strong running this year, and they'll just go with what works for them. he won't be top 10, not due to lack of skill, but lack of opportunity.

i dont agree. here's why: Indy will continue to struggle to run the ball all year. when its not working for them, they'll instantly turn to Manning, because thye can, and because they have to win. the Expectations on the Colts are higher than those of any team. they won't be patient in developing the running game. their O-Line is not as strong running this year, and they'll just go with what works for them. he won't be top 10, not due to lack of skill, but lack of opportunity.

Gonna be honest, u have a point there. Cuz Manning has rushed for two tds this year, i dont even remember when he did that last. But at the same time, EVERY nfl analyst is saying that he will be a stud behind the same offensive line that E James had. Then they are all those Bush lovers that are still waiting for his first Td, while Addai already has two. Keeping that in mind, how many have Bush as thier starting RB? while Addai is not getting any love till now. I have a feeling this topic will recircle sooner then most think. Dungy doesnt believe in RBBC, and will have a starter in Addai by midseason.

And let me just add, that how many are starting Addai over R Brown, Rhodes, Mcgahee, Jordan, caddy, FWP etc. What does that say about this guy and where he will end with respect to numbers?

Very unlikely.

Just saying "unlikely" doesnt make it in fantasy football. I have given my reason why, and u havent. So how about when i say, your point is one that should be deleted from this thread. Either come with some positive or negative detailed feedback, or just dont respond. thank u

Just saying "unlikely" doesnt make it in fantasy football. I have given my reason why, and u havent. So how about when i say, your point is one that should be deleted from this thread. Either come with some positive or negative detailed feedback, or just dont respond. thank u

dude, the burden on proof falls on those making the claims. To prove he won't is to prove a negative, which is not feasible. Your logic behind the claim is flawed at best. Learn your logic...

And let me just add, that how many are starting Addai over R Brown, Rhodes, Mcgahee, Jordan, caddy, FWP etc. What does that say about this guy and where he will end with respect to numbers?

You were being honest... what happened? McGahee in Chicago, Caddy with no QB in N.O., the Dolphins in general simply floundering so Brown in NE is no good and Parker in SD? I'd consider almost any back over these guys this week. By the way, Jordan should be very close with Addai this week considering the opponent and the no share factor. Which reminds me, didn't you partially base your original statement on the top ten finish for Addai due to his match up with Tennessee in the first place? It's great that you like the guy, maybe even a jersey in it for ya but for now this is a bit premature don't you think?

You were being honest... what happened? McGahee in Chicago, Caddy with no QB in N.O., the Dolphins in general simply floundering so Brown in NE is no good and Parker in SD? I'd consider almost any back over these guys this week. By the way, Jordan should be very close with Addai this week considering the opponent and the no share factor. Which reminds me, didn't you partially base your original statement on the top ten finish for Addai due to his match up with Tennessee in the first place? It's great that you like the guy, maybe even a jersey in it for ya but for now this is a bit premature don't you think?

your points are valid, atleast u explained ur self vs just making a statement "very unlikely". Thats ticks me off, cause i asked in this thread that give me reasons why you disagree with my statement. I respect everyone's opinion and appreciate it. Thank you for responding and not just having a one word response.

Addai will have a great numbers for sure but he wont be top 10 . The reason is simple.. there are 10 other guys who will score more than he does.

will score more than addai in no particular order

1. LJ

2. LT

3. Maroney

4. FWP

5. S. Jax

6. Foster

7. Westbrook even with injuries

8. Frank Gore

9. Portis

10. Kevin Jones

He still has to beat out. TIki, Lamont Jordan, Edge, J. Jones. Dunn...

and his biggest rival... Rhodes...

Addai will have a great numbers for sure but he wont be top 10 . The reason is simple.. there are 10 other guys who will score more than he does.

1. LJ

2. LT

3. Maroney

4. FWP

5. S. Jax

6. Foster

8. Frank Gore

9. Portis

10. Kevin Jones

Another great stat, this is why i wanted to hear in detail why Addai will or will not be top ten RB's. So far i have to disagree respectfully. Ur list having FWP, Foster, Gore and K Jones are in question. Thats four players that could go either way. But a very valid point. Appreciate the response.

I'd echo what Teknokid said; granted, with some other RBs taking a few spots. I mean, predicting he'll be a top 10 back isn't really that big of a prediction. Once you hit the low end of the top 10, the odds are just as good that Addai will be there as they are for a Lamont Jordan or Warrick Dunn. I'd put Tatum Bell in the top 10 before Joe Addai, quite honestly.

Also, Willie Parker is a top 10 back (barring injury) -- Pitt is running the sh*t out of the ball, and Parker has received nearly every redzone carry this year (11 out of 13). Although, as Willie Parker owners probably already know -- the next few weeks will be absolute hell for him (judging by the run defenses of his upcoming opponents). Maybe I just talked Willie Parker out of the top 10 :thumbsup:

Addai is showing promise, sure. But if Indy can keep winning while platooning he and Rhodes, thus keeping him fresh for the postseason, he might not take sole control of the RB spot in the manner that you seem to be so confident...

-R

Addai...will be very good this season. I won't consider him a top 10 back..at least not this year. If given the opportunites, and he takes full advantage of it, then I think it's fair to consider him performing and producing like a top 10 back in most cases..but not all. He should have a good season..with a very strong finish. I trully do believe he'll finish up the season as the starter. I last heard that they were waiting until after the bye week to give him the fulltime work load..

I doubt Addai will get enough touches over the course of the season to displace the majority of the backs ahead of him. His ypc will be better, and is, than more than a few of those ahead of him, but in terms of total yards and TD's it's unlikely he'll have enough opportunity to finish that high. As it stands now he and Rhodes are almost even in touches and I do think that will change as the season progresses but not enough for a top ten finish. Tennessee or no Tennessee.

1. Addai had 23 touches this past weekend even w/ Rhodes taking a lot. And it wasn't a blowout where they were running out the clock. 23 is not a low number and if he takes some carries from Rhodes he can easily have the touches for top 10 but it is a matter of what he does with them.

2. Yes there touches are pretty even YTD but this past weekend it was Addai 23, Rhodes 15. And more importantly who had the touches in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line- Addai=9, Rhodes=4.

I think the colts have been working addai in slowly so he learns the complicated playbook. Addai has done more with his touches (4.5 YPC vs 3.2 YPC) and he can be involved in the passing game. I am not saying he will be top 10 but I think the potential is there and I think his performance/touches will be more in line with this past weekend than the first couple weeks.

i dont agree. here's why: Indy will continue to struggle to run the ball all year. when its not working for them, they'll instantly turn to Manning, because thye can, and because they have to win.

they won't be patient in developing the running game.

Yeah because Indianapolis uses the run to set up their passing game.... :banana:

1. Addai had 23 touches this past weekend even w/ Rhodes taking a lot. And it wasn't a blowout where they were running out the clock. 23 is not a low number and if he takes some carries from Rhodes he can easily have the touches for top 10 but it is a matter of what he does with them.

2. Yes there touches are pretty even YTD but this past weekend it was Addai 23, Rhodes 15. And more importantly who had the touches in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line- Addai=9, Rhodes=4.

I think the colts have been working addai in slowly so he learns the complicated playbook. Addai has done more with his touches (4.5 YPC vs 3.2 YPC) and he can be involved in the passing game. I am not saying he will be top 10 but I think the potential is there and I think his performance/touches will be more in line with this past weekend than the first couple weeks.

Just AWESOME POINTS. More importantly, i think that Dungy, DOESNT BELIEVE, in RBBC. He will have an outright rb by mid year. No matter how u look at it, its nothing but NET, for Addai.

All those top 10 lists & not 1 mention of SA??? :huh: :dunno: - sorry but he'll still be top 10 maybe top 5 by the end of the season.

Now on to the original question:

First off as an Addai owner I hope he does finish in the top 10 but here are the veriables:

Should McAllister get hurt by mid season Bush could put up LJ type #s. The Colts have barely won their last 2 games which means they'll lean on Manning in the close games but protect him in the blow outs. SA should be back by week 7 & will make us that picked him 1st or 2nd overall realize why we did. How long before White becomes the starter for the Titans? Rookie QBs best friend the Running Game! Da Boys have been playin well & J. Jones is healthy & with that WR crew there its hard for a Def to put too many men in the box & stop the run. Maroney had a huge game - is Dillon done in NE? If so Maroney could put up LJ type #s - maybe.

Well just a few things to wonder or worry about.

All those top 10 lists & not 1 mention of SA??? :cheers: :P - sorry but he'll still be top 10 maybe top 5 by the end of the season.

Now on to the original question:

First off as an Addai owner I hope he does finish in the top 10 but here are the veriables:

Should McAllister get hurt by mid season Bush could put up LJ type #s. The Colts have barely won their last 2 games which means they'll lean on Manning in the close games but protect him in the blow outs.

The question I have for you is who did manning lean on? Addai was his go to guy in the 4th quarter this past week.

I like your first point but this early in the season and the fact this is the first time in a long time the Colts haven't had a particularly dominant back makes it very difficult to make comparisons between a rookie running back in a share situation with the top ten dominant backs in the NFL. If one goes back to Dungy's days in Tampa they'll see he had no problem with a tandem of backs (Dunn / Alstott). Addai is closer to being like Dunn than Rhodes is to being like Alstott so I'm not making this a comparison. It does show there's not a lot in Dungy's history to indicate he won't let them continue to split opportunities. Addai is the more versatile of the two and I think that'll get him around 2/3 of the touches in most weeks if he keeps it up and Rhodes lags behind. Last weeks game had an inordinately high number of rushes for the Colts so far this season with 35. The week before it was only 17 and 30 the week before that. The first week was 23. I still don't see Addai getting enough touches throughout the season (until he actually puts Rhodes on the bench) to be among the top ten backs in the NFL. Consider that DeAngelo Williams had the same amount of rushes and several more receptions than Foster did in their week two game at Minny. Williams was in during the critical fourth quarter as well. There is still very much a committee continuing there for now. We'll see.

Well I sure hope not and figured he wouldnt this week when I traded him for Ronnie Brown. Not bad considering I had the 12th pick in the draft and got Addai in the 7th rd. Brown went in the first in my league...basically a TD league. I watched most of his progress this year and started him twice but I doubt he will make a top 10 back....there are too many factors involved. The only good rushing D Indy has faced this year btw was Jacksonville....how many yards did he finish with in that game?.....13? :wub:

1. he's a rookie

2. he splits carries

your claim he'll be RB1 by midseason is a stretch. I know you really really really want it to happen with magic fairy dust on top, but sticking feathers in your a&& does not make you a chicken.

As far as I can see, the OP gave no reasons why Addai will finish other than he owns him :mad: ... meanwhile I simply state that by std scoring... he is the #24 RB, and other than Ladell Betts... I see no logical reason why he would pass anyone up other than injury:

Westy

Rudi

SJax

Portis

LJ

Gore

LT

Maroney

RBrown

KJ

Willis

Deuce

JJ

CHester

TJ

Barlow

Betts

Dunn

Rhodes

Dillon

Taylor

are all ranked above him in total points... and 4 of those guys have had a bye

Meanwhile, I believe that...

Tiki

SA

Caddy

Foster

Jamal Lewis

Tatum Bell

Drougns

and Lamont Jordan will all finish above Addai

So basically, I think you are about 20 rankings off :wall:

Here u go beryberns, enjoy. Sorry i dont know how to link up this thread to my other one.

1. LJ

2. LT

3. Maroney

4. FWP

5. S. Jax

6. Foster

8. Frank Gore

9. Portis

10. Kevin Jones

The "kid" made a pretty good prediction almost two months ago. Nice...feel sorry for your bookie :ninja:

No way. He's a bum. He'll never score more than 1 td in a game. Ever. Cut him. Loser. And you, with your outragous claims. What pole are you smoking? :thumbsdown:

No way. He's a bum. He'll never score more than 1 td in a game. Ever. Cut him. Loser. And you, with your outragous claims. What pole are you smoking? :lol:

:banana: :mad:

Meanwhile, I believe that...

Tiki

SA

Caddy

Foster

Jamal Lewis

Tatum Bell

Drougns

and Lamont Jordan will all finish above Addai

So basically, I think you are about 20 rankings off :banana:

:banana:

No way I take any of those scrubs for Addai, even 4 weeks ago.