Sign in to follow this  
EyeOfDaTiga

***Early College Football Wagering Thread***

ok cool Central covers now we need utah and maybe put us back on track

and by us i mean philly and chevvy

Is it just me or have the favorites seemed better in recent weeks? I remember first 4-5 weeks, I was betting about 60% dogs but now, i feel like im stretching for some dogs just to play some of them.

I was thinking the same thing. After writing down the games I liked most this weekend, I noticed 95% were favorites. Then I started to second guess myself. I usually like a good blend of favorites and dogs.

Adding Utah 2nd H (-.5)@-115 for 1 unit

Centr Mich covers. Utah up 24-10 at the half. Since New Mex has been outscored in the second half in 6 or their first 7 games, I am taking Utah just for the principle of it. This year, when Utah wins, they usually win big. I hope they simply cover that -6 for the game. Anything else is just a bonus.

2H Utes -1.5 2 units... hmmm maybe ill add more.. NM just isnt that good offensively or defensively. Jessica Alba is HOT

good day today with C. Mich (4) and Virginia (3).

Well I have been lurking, following the great picks and insight everyone has had to offer. Decided to take the under in the UCM/BG game which is already looking iffy with the way UCM has looked early. May jump on the UNC/UVA in-game if something presents itself.

GL to all

Well after a score-happy 1st half, things slowed down in the 2nd of the CMU game and managed to hit Under for the game and 2H. Still have a small unit Parley pending, and it looks like it will come down to N.Mexico +6 :angry:

hey philly are you on hawaii -20 @ New Mex St??

i'd like to get on it before it gets to 21...but not without your blessing of course.

hey philly are you on hawaii -20 @ New Mex St??

i'd like to get on it before it gets to 21...but not without your blessing of course.

Yep. Hawaii is a play. But only for 2 units this week, I think. I don't particularly love the game, after a huge revenge win last week.

Yep. Hawaii is a play. But only for 2 units this week, I think. I don't particularly love the game, after a huge revenge win last week.

aight, probably go a unit. didn't feel like a big play to me either, esp after i watched new mex st fight against boise on sunday.

Thanks for the help tonight guys.

I went on both UVA and Cen Mich to cover.

I usually only wager NFL, but I have bet 6 times on the NCAA this season, all due to things on these threads.

I am 6-0 on those wagers.

WTG: EVERYBODY, that posts here!!!

New Mex cut it to 24-17.

Link to Utah game on radio....

Link

Couldn't convert on 4th down in NM territory...and NM responds with a long strike deep into Utah's. :dunno: :)

FG New Mexico. I'm so glad Utah cares about winning a game they led 24-3.

I think I'm going to be sick. The FIRST time I lay off these craptacular weeknight games I get burned. I was so close to pulling the trigger for both UVA and Cent Mich, but thoughts of last nights atrocious ULL/FAU game that cost me big gave me cold feet. Do I a.) continue to stay away from these mickey mouse games, or b.) go with picks that I feel are good? Thanks to all who post on here, as many of you have have helped a brother out in a major way!

Yeah thanks boys....put about $200 down on CMU......and i have no clue where bowling green or central mighigan are located....their mascots, their schools nickname...nothing.

Gootta love the leap of faith bets

That Pittsburgh/ Atlanta game this weekend is still at Pitt -2.5???

Anyone see that as a layup winning cover for Pitt??

what in the world is happening to utah's def??????????? or offense for that matter!

:doublethumbsup:

Bad loss. I'm going to get some sleep. Fock.

Good job 2nite fellas! Virginia won and stayed under the 42 and the bowling green game stayed under 50. Just wanna thank all those that made these wins possible for me. This Buds for you!!!

some plays i've made for saturday...

i put these in earlier this week and the lines are different, but i really like the sides and should still be good.

Gtech +9

Wisconsin -6

Baylor -3

Kansas State +16.5

Texas -6.5 <---this game seems very similar to the ohio st-iowa game...i dont think nebr has near the talent of texas, if they get behind they are in trouble i dont think they have big play ability and tex def has been solid. colt mccoy has proven himself to me and i dont think nebraska's def is anything spec, esp in the secondary. if kansas can take nebraska to OT on their field, Texas can certainly come in and win and win big.

other plays i'm looking at:

Rutgers +6.5

Indiana +30

UCLA +13.5

UL Monroe +3.5

Temple +33

:blink:

Bad loss. I'm going to get some sleep. Fock.

only hope now is for OT. :doh:

Line movements right before kickoff hit at a high percentage in favor of the way the line moved, as I mentioned last week with Pitt. Last night just before kickoff, the line for ULL went from 9 to 8.5....and Fla Atl covered. The line just moved in favor of Central Michigan covering.....very interested to see the results.

Good Luck!! :banana:

And once again......pay close attention to this fellas if you are confused on which way to go sometimes. From my experience these line changes just before kickoff hit at a pretty high percentage in favor of the move.....conduct a little experiment for yourselves and see what % they hit at, i think im going to now.

Yeah thanks boys....put about $200 down on CMU......and i have no clue where bowling green or central mighigan are located....their mascots, their schools nickname...nothing.

That Pittsburgh/ Atlanta game this weekend is still at Pitt -2.5???

Anyone see that as a layup winning cover for Pitt??

To this point Pittsburgh is my strongest NFL play of the week. Last week was no abberation, they just had a rough @ss schedule this first few weeks and I fully expect last weeks momentum to, believe it or not, sustain for the rest of the season. (Niner fan here :cry: no bias involved) I think they will beat ATL comfortably. They have ridiculous speed and talent with Porter and Polamalu who I think will contain Vick and Dunn...forcing Vick to throw......game over.

Good Luck!! :pointstosky:

And once again......pay close attention to this fellas if you are confused on which way to go sometimes. From my experience these line changes just before kickoff hit at a pretty high percentage in favor of the move.....conduct a little experiment for yourselves and see what % they hit at, i think im going to now.

To this point Pittsburgh is my strongest NFL play of the week. Last week was no abberation, they just had a rough @ss schedule this first few weeks and I fully expect last weeks momentum to, believe it or not, sustain for the rest of the season. (Niner fan here :pointstosky: no bias involved) I think they will beat ATL comfortably. They have ridiculous speed and talent with Porter and Polamalu who I think will contain Vick and Dunn...forcing Vick to throw......game over.

Lets say you were a betting man......i mean...lets just say.

Would you be willing to throw....oh i dunno.....$500 at it?

How comfortable are you feeling about Pitt? Im digging them...i just want the opinion of someone smarter than i am.

Lets say you were a betting man......i mean...lets just say.

Would you be willing to throw....oh i dunno.....$500 at it?

How comfortable are you feeling about Pitt? Im digging them...i just want the opinion of someone smarter than i am.

LOL...no can do my friend, I dont care how much i like something, guilt would eat me alive if I told you yes and they fell short.....thats all you.

For what its worth, i'll be in that boat too, so if it sinks at least you've got a drowning buddy!

Anyone here use sportsbetting.com ? I have used it for the last couple of years on a limited basis, and have no complaints, but never see anyone on this board mention it.

and i have no clue where bowling green or central mighigan are located....

Maybe in the middle of Michigan?

:dunno:

what in the world is happening to utah's def??????????? or offense for that matter!

Utah's secondary is one of the worst in Div 1A, truly pathetic. I've been betting against them lately and they keep struggling. They don't resemble the teams under Urban Meyer and the public/Vegas still hasn't caught up to that. I actually had a 4-0 night with UVA/ UVA under, Cen Mich and UNM. About frigin time for me as I'm ice cold. Tonights game looks too damn easy, might sit this one out. I could use a good weekend after getting hammered the last 3 in a row. Maybe last night is the start I need to break out of this slump. GL evryone this weekend.

Maybe in the middle of Michigan?

:blink:

They are located in lovely Mt. Pleasant, MI. BG is in Bowling Green, OH, which is about 20 miles south of Toledo.

They are located in lovely Mt. Pleasant, MI. BG is in Bowling Green, OH, which is about 20 miles south of Toledo.

Right...gotcha.

And Ohio is where again?

Jsut kidding.

Wherever those CMU kids are.....thanks kids....now go back to drinking or doing weed or whatever it is college kids do now.

To this point Pittsburgh is my strongest NFL play of the week. Last week was no abberation, they just had a rough @ss schedule this first few weeks and I fully expect last weeks momentum to, believe it or not, sustain for the rest of the season. (Niner fan here :mad: no bias involved) I think they will beat ATL comfortably. They have ridiculous speed and talent with Porter and Polamalu who I think will contain Vick and Dunn...forcing Vick to throw......game over.

Good Luck!! :mad:

Harrison's out and Porter's doubtful. Change your view on this one at all?

Ugly, ugly way to end what looked like a turnaround evening. Thanks Utah for not caring about the big lead you had for 1.5 quarters.

I'm definitely sitting out the game tonight. Listening to Ditka earlier would have saved me a few bucks, but I'm not spending another penny before Saturday.

Ditka: When will the rest of your picks be up? I put in for everything save the big chalk plays (Miami, Penn St.) last night.

Ugly, ugly way to end what looked like a turnaround evening. Thanks Utah for not caring about the big lead you had for 1.5 quarters.

I'm definitely sitting out the game tonight. Listening to Ditka earlier would have saved me a few bucks, but I'm not spending another penny before Saturday.

Ditka: When will the rest of your picks be up? I put in for everything save the big chalk plays (Miami, Penn St.) last night.

I am waiting for Bodog to post 1st half lines and totals.

Texas first half at -3 looks extremely attractive to me. What I've seen of Nebraska this year has not impressed me very much. As has been the case in the past several years, the Big 12 is not producing very many solid teams and I look at Nebraska as the top of some very mediocre teams. Nebraska being at home with crowd momentum is the only thing that will keep them in this game. The talent deficit is too large for the bugeaters to overcome.

Harrison's out and Porter's doubtful. Change your view on this one at all?

Thank you for pointing that out, I wasnt even aware he may miss this week although I think he will play. If im not mistaken, he missed some or all of last weeks game against KC and they still held LJ to 26 yards on 15 carries (having to throw alot to try and get back in the game). Im sold on the Pitt D unit as a whole so it probably will not persuade me either way.

OK, some winners for y'all this week. College has been money for me so far, even last week!

Notre Dame -13 vs. UCLA....UCLA has over-achieved, and they were exposed last week against Oregon. Notre Dame needs to win impressively to stay in the BCS mix, they win in a laugher.

I liked Neberaska gettint 6.5, but I saw it today at 4.5 so I layed off.

Tennessee -12.5 vs Alabama...Tennessee is at home and they have an offense, Alabama does not.

Georgia Tech +8.5 at Clemson...Tech has showed up in every big game, and I expect them to again.

BC +6 and FSU...BC is playing well, FSU is not. The only reason FSU is favored is by reputation, BC will not be intimidated anymore.

Good luck all, let's make some $$$!

Im gonna layoff tonights game since we are close enough to Saturday now, but if something jumps out during in game betting im all over it. Have gone 7-1 on in game betting over the last 2 weeks...

Plays for Saturday:

Hawaii/New Mex State OVER 71.5 HUGE

10 pt teaser (I know I know)

AZ State -13

Notre Dame -3.5

LSU - 22.5 Semi-huge

Gonna lay off the Pitt Panthers for now since it looks like alot of you on the board like Rutgers. Thats it for now, more plays to come on gameday!

Good Luck!! :thumbsdown:

Im gonna layoff tonights game since we are close enough to Saturday now, but if something jumps out during in game betting im all over it. Have gone 7-1 on in game betting over the last 2 weeks...

Plays for Saturday:

Hawaii/New Mex State OVER 71.5 HUGE

10 pt teaser (I know I know)

AZ State -13

Notre Dame -3.5

LSU - 22.5 Semi-huge

Gonna lay off the Pitt Panthers for now since it looks like alot of you on the board like Rutgers. Thats it for now, more plays to come on gameday!

Good Luck!! :cheers:

My big bets are LSU Over 41, LSU/Fresno Total Over 52.5 and ASU -23

LOL, I have the same teaser (14 point) above but I added the LSU total. It should be easier to hit even though I gotta pay more to win.

It's funny that at the beginning of the year I do more straight up bets and an occasional teaser. Now I'm loading up on teasers because the lines are harder to hit and the favorites are usually close to covering. This strategy has worked for me.

I will definitely jump on the NMSU/Hawaii game.

I have laid em already so I might as well post.

Pitt -6.5 2 units

Texas -6.5 2 units

Wisky -6 1 unit

ND -13 4 units

Tenn -11.5 4 units

NM St +18 2 units

Oregon -3.5 2 units

Toledo PK 2 units

SCar -3.5 1 unit

Tenn/Ala OV 1 unit

NM St/Hawaii OV 1 unit

OK/Colorado UNDER 1 unit

May add G Tech tomorrow night and LSU OVER

gl to all...

And you guys laying on Hawaii might want to be careful. I have been on them most of the year but feel that NM State's passing attack will give the weak Hawaii secondary real fits.