Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

Those who parted ways with Ben Watson may regret it

Brady has been very un-Brady like this season having completed only 54.3 of his passes so far. But NE is a team who is supurb at making the right adjustments, and we should expect to see whatever issues he's been having corrected during last week's bye week.

With the running game going, expect to see Brady take full advantage of defenses focus on stopping the run. There is no doubt Brady's early struggles have hurt Watson's performance. Despite Watson leading the team in receptions, yards, and receiving average, Brady and his TE have not looked in sync and Brady's misfires have no doubt cost his tallented tight end opportunities.

You should expect these issues to have been addressed during last week's bye week, and it should be all systems go for Brady and Watson going forward.

Brady has been very un-Brady like this season having completed only 54.3 of his passes so far. But NE is a team who is supurb at making the right adjustments, and we should expect to see whatever issues he's been having corrected during last week's bye week. With the running game going, expect to see Brady take full advantage of defenses focus on stopping the run. There is no doubt Brady's early struggles have hurt Watson's performance. Despite Watson leading the team in receptions, yards, and receiving average, Brady and him have not looked in sync and Brady's misfires have no doubt cost his tallented tight end opportunities. You should expect these issues to have been addressed during last week's bye week, and it should be all systems go for Brady and Watson going forward.

I've held onto Watson as my starter and hope you are right :banana:

Starting him but this is his last chance. I also picked up Clark in Chicago ( Owner has gates and dropped Clark this week) . Im not so sure this is the week though. The issue is the health of Graham. Graham is the blocking TE and Watson the Rec TE. Last game Graham was out and they had to keep Watson in to block most of the game. I think he had his first catch late 3rd quarter . Graham is out again I think so Watson might spend the game blocking again Waston blocks and the other TE is the recieving TE.

UPDATE: I spoke too soon. Grahham seems ready to go so disregard the part about this week. I think he is a much better play with Graham active and playing.

The News (Fanball)

Tight end Daniel Graham practiced with the Patriots on Friday. ESPN's John Clayton reported that Graham is expected to play on Sunday. Graham has been dealing with an ankle injury for the past couple weeks.

At this point, he stays on my bench until he can prove he'll be going out for passes, and catching them.

I, for one, hope you are correct. I picked Watson up from the WW this week. Heath Miller wasn't getting it done for me (other than week one).

NOPE.....HTH

Watson is a small Cog in a wheel that is Tom Brady...If you are open; he will toss you the rock.

If not: "NO SOUP 4 U!"

Gabrial open Deep, Moroney scores.....All Day Long in Boston.

I had Watson and in 2 leagues and cut him in both then picked him back up in one this week b/c Des Clark had bye whom I cut as well. I drafted McMichael in one league and cut him few weeks ago then picked him back up like a week ago b/c Watson hasn't been doing squat. I still have Watson in one league but am not sure if he will do anything.

I hope it turns out this way too. A lot of forums and blurbs seem to suggest that Watson's going to have a good week this week.

I'm not disappointed so much as underwhelmed with what he's done so far.

A touchdown would be fine with me vs. Buffalo. Baby steps. Then Week 8 he can go off for a Gates-like 10/120/3.

Of course if he wants to overachieve and do that in both weeks, well...

NOPE.....HTH

Watson is a small Cog in a wheel that is Tom Brady...If you are open; he will toss you the rock.

If not: "NO SOUP 4 U!"

Gabrial open Deep, Moroney scores.....All Day Long in Boston.

This makes little sense. I never said he was going to get more looks from Brady, yet that's what you're talking about here. So, no, that doen't help at all, actually. :wacko:

im playing watson as well instead of algi. Hoping watson lives up to all the preseason hype

funny you made this thread, because this week i'm playing the owner who made fun of my dynasty draft where i traded two picks away for ben watson (i had alge crumpler already...later traded away crumpler)

so i told him long ago, when we play this week, ben watson will go off against my bills. watson has been saving it for this week.

I just need him to perform this week...

...I get Colston back next week. :clap:

:thumbsdown: I feel your pain. I too am forced to start Watson...until I get Colston back next week! :dunno:

I just picked up Watson. I was going to pick him up prior, but this thread reminded me. Do I start Watson or Heath Miller? Both have sucked, I'm thinking Watson. The rest of my team is loaded if you're wondering why these are my TE's.

Paging Tony Gonzalez... Paging Tony Gonzalez... Has anyone seen or heard from Tony Gonzalez? Amber alert!

I am a former Watson owner in two leagues and still believe he will put up some good numbers for the season. The only reason I still don't own him is because I picked up Gates earlier in the year....for those who still have him I wouldn't worry too much, he gets targeted & when he does he produces, its only a matter of time before he sets into a prominent role in the offense.....Tony G. on the other hand is a different story. The KC line is a mess & the future is not real bright, even with Welbourne coming back. Tony is obvisously older & it is starting to show. They keep him in often to help with blocking & even when he is targeted he just doesn't get the seperation you'd used to see in the past. When Trent comes back (hopefully he does) I think Tony will be targeted more & you will see a little more production....but nothing close to what people seem to expect from him.

I am startting Watson this week since Heap has a bye. Other than that Watson will ride the pine unless Heap gets injured.

:wacko: I was thinking about trading him, but decided to hold on. Glad I did. He seems to be Brady's favorite target and looks like Brady is coming around.