Sign in to follow this  
MDC

A majority of Americans now favor impeaching Bush

I'm a democrat ya cheesedick.

You are such a focking joke it's not even funny anymore. It's just downright sad. :(

:rolleyes:

Excellent points by Snuff - first the poll is phony because nobody polled his friends or family, now he's a Democrat.

Great stuff. :(

Excellent points by Snuff - first the poll is phony because nobody polled his friends or family, now he's a Democrat.

Great stuff. :(

Exactly my point. Glad you finally focking see it sh*tbag. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Exactly my point. Glad you finally focking see it sh*tbag. Thank you. :(

You're welcome. Now you can go back to slobbering on Toro's yambag.

Even on Bush's worst day, he is still twice the man you'll ever be.

And even with EVERYTHING he has focked up, I would still vote for him over Kerry and Gore.

This comment has left Partisanshipland, zoomed right over the Realm of Obstinacy and is well into Lunaticdom territory. :(

Amazing how people think: "I don't care if my guy is a lying, corrupt, inept cheating nincompoop who talks tough but goes after the wrong targets; I'd rather have a lying, corrupt, inept nimcompoop in power than someone I think might give a dime of my taxpayers dollars to someone in need, dambit! :rolleyes:"

You're welcome. Now you can go back to slobbering on Toro's yambag.

It's yummy. Not like your mommas cootchy that stinks of a welching phag!

*BOOM POW*

It's yummy. Not like your mommas cootchy that stinks of a welching phag!

*BOOM POW*

You are not a worthy opponent. :(

You are not a worthy opponent. :banana:

meh, at least I'm not a welcher or an imbecile. <_<

Can you name one redeeming quality in the man? Honestly?

He's not you.

I win.

Exactly what I expected. I asked an honest question, and you choose to deflect since you don't have an answer.

:mad:

Exactly what I expected. I asked an honest question, and you choose to deflect since you don't have an answer.

Toro voted for Bush twice and says he'd vote for him again. Not only do about 2/3rds of the country disapprove of the job Bush has done, more than half of Americans think he should be impeached. What's Toro supposed to do? Point to Bush's track record of fiscal responsibility and brilliant foreign policy? Of course he deflects. That's what every Republican running for office and all off their supporters are doing.

Toro voted for Bush twice and says he'd vote for him again. Not only do about 2/3rds of the country disapprove of the job Bush has done, more than half of Americans think he should be impeached. What's Toro supposed to do? Point to Bush's track record of fiscal responsibility and brilliant foreign policy? Of course he deflects. That's what every Republican running for office and all off their supporters are doing.

We'll still win. :(

Thanks. You just confirmed my point. :banana:

What's your point?

You guys are running around like democrats and their ideals are going to win these elections. You know what is going to win you guys a few seats in the senate and a few seats in the house? The simple fact that Bush is ABSOLUTELY OVER-THE-TOP the biggest mistake the Republican party has made in the past 50 years.

I'll admit that the Republican party deserves to lose. I mean, what else do they have to do to alienate everyone? They ran skyrocketing budgets, pushed for an open border policy, pulled out of treaties, and have mismanaged the war on just about every level. Bush did not deserve to be president again. The republican party is a joke and conservatives across the US right now are standing their, crying and stammering like Mayo in Officer and a Gentlemen when the drill sargent tried to kick him out: "WE HAVE NO PLACE ELSE TO GO".

I don't want to follow this president or this party anymore. I wish there was someplace else that would push a conservative, fiscally responsible govt with limited intrusions into it's citizens lives and not drop bombs on people for stupid reasons. But I can't have that. So I, like so many other americans have to make a choice and I will express that choice using the two absolutely most polarizing political figures in America today:

Hillary Clinton.

George Bush.

And I am sorry to say, I would STILL choose Dubya. Not because he deserves it, but because I have no other choices right now.

McCain/Guiliani in 2008.

I don't want to follow this president or this party anymore. I wish there was someplace else that would push a conservative, fiscally responsible govt with limited intrusions into it's citizens lives and not drop bombs on people for stupid reasons. But I can't have that. So I, like so many other americans have to make a choice and I will express that choice using the two absolutely most polarizing political figures in America today:

Hillary Clinton.

George Bush.

And I am sorry to say, I would STILL choose Dubya. Not because he deserves it, but because I have no other choices right now.

McCain/Guiliani in 2008.

We get it: you would rather have cancer than a headache.

Well, at least you're honest.

We get it: you would rather have cancer than a headache.

Well, at least you're honest.

I would rather have someone that sorta, kinda, not-really-but-talks-like-he-does has conservative ideals vs. someone that has bluntly stated that they are in favor of wealth redistribution.

To be honest with you, I stand kinda in the middle of everything. Everyone is so partisan now, it's hard to pick a side.

A lot of folks feel this way.

The 'inconvenient truth' is that the re-election of an utter failure like GWB for a 2nd term ISN'T an indictment of the American people, it is an indictment of an utterly incompetent Democratic party.

The Democrats can't walk and chew gum without tripping. The GOP is so much better at just about everything than the Dems it's ridiculous. When the BEST you field as a candidate was Gore and Kerry, something's wrong. Even now, they don't have anything near a cohesive party platform. The Dems ran on one thing: "We're not GWB". - It turns out, "not being the other guy" isn't enough.

Sadly - I don't see much changing with the Dems. My secret hope is that the GOP splits amongst itself: The radical religous zealots and the 'true' conservatives.

What's your point?

You guys are running around like democrats and their ideals are going to win these elections. You know what is going to win you guys a few seats in the senate and a few seats in the house? The simple fact that Bush is ABSOLUTELY OVER-THE-TOP the biggest mistake the Republican party has made in the past 50 years.

I'll admit that the Republican party deserves to lose. I mean, what else do they have to do to alienate everyone? They ran skyrocketing budgets, pushed for an open border policy, pulled out of treaties, and have mismanaged the war on just about every level. Bush did not deserve to be president again. The republican party is a joke and conservatives across the US right now are standing their, crying and stammering like Mayo in Officer and a Gentlemen when the drill sargent tried to kick him out: "WE HAVE NO PLACE ELSE TO GO".

Hillary Clinton.

George Bush.

McCain/Guiliani in 2008.

This is eye opening. Up until now, I never realized we had so much in common. I long for the days when the Republicans were fiscally responsible.

I use to be Republican, I've never affiliated with the Dems. I prefer the smaller government ideas the GOP talked about as opposed to the big government projects the Dems have put out. But between Bush and Congress, the GOP has totally abandoned the fiscally responsible principles that I appreciated. So I am totally disillusioned right about now.

For years I went along with the religion folks in the party. I really don't give a fock about gay rights or abortion one way or the other. I know what America is like without gay rights, it's not so bad. Abortion's been legal for as long as I can remember, but if the social conservatives got it banned, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that either. But now they're talking about teaching intelligent design in schools. They're trying to limit/ban stem cell research. No. They need to take their retarded Bible thumping asses away.

The war, I opposed that from the start. I'm no pacificist, I joined the military and fought in a war myself. I thought father Bush was great foreign policy expert. I just happen to agree with Daddy Bush, Colin Powell, and Brent Scrowcroft -those guys. They use to be what the GOP was about.

Then you see the GOP totally doesn't care about taxpayers money anymore. They're as much addicted to gouging and pork barrelling as the Dems were. Their tax cuts target the rich. Privitation was goal because it wsa more efficient, not as that Health Care Bill was, a huge transfer of tax money to insurance and medical special interest. Loads of no-bid contracts all over.

Between the waste, the incompetence, the war, the irresponsibility, and the out of control religion freaks I've lost all faith in the GOP.

I like competence and good governence. No matter who delivers it. If the Dems want to provide more services, I can appreciate it if they do the unpopular and raise taxes. If the GOP thinks the government is overregulating and taxes are too high, I can appreciate that too if they also do the unpopular and curtail spending to make up for the revenue shortfall. Now, I prefer smaller government and less services but at this point I'm cool with whatever so long as the budget numbers work.

With Bush, it just blows my mind how irresponsible and focked up he is. Everything he touches turns to sh*t.

###### Armey's recent comments got me to thinking. I tell you what, the day that I changed my opinion of Clinton was the day the federal budget went black. Now he had the GOP Congress to help him get to that point. And I thought as highly of Gingrich as I did of Clinton because together, they kept each other's extremes in check and things got done. The point where the GOP soured on me when the Kenneth Starr crowd started salivating over Clinton's sex life. Now Bush had made it so bad that I'm not even really giving my Michigan GOP senatorial candidate much of a look. The guy would have to be a Lincoln Chaffee clone to get me to vote GOP. The national GOP is dead to me. I voted for John Engler for Governor each time and Spence Abraham for Senate in '96. But this is a heavy Democratic year for me.

Stabenow does a good job. What is Spence doing now - I've not lived in MI for a while - really disliked him.

That's a great post, Toro. I've been thinking we need a 3rd party, a centrist party, who wouldn't have strict voting agendas other than keeping the budget in the black and reducing our national debt, and compentently staffing government agencies to respond to its citizens in times of crisis. (I'd love to amend the Constitution to prohibit private funding of campaigns, but that's not an issue everyone will buy into). Beyond that, almost every issue is negotiable in its details.

Stabenow does a good job. What is Spence doing now - I've not lived in MI for a while - really disliked him.

He was Secretary of Energy during Bush's first term. I don't know what he's doing now. Pobably earning big coin in some energy consulting, business, or lobbying related field.

That's a great post, Toro. I've been thinking we need a 3rd party, a centrist party, who wouldn't have strict voting agendas other than keeping the budget in the black and reducing our national debt, and compentently staffing government agencies to respond to its citizens in times of crisis. (I'd love to amend the Constitution to prohibit private funding of campaigns, but that's not an issue everyone will buy into). Beyond that, almost every issue is negotiable in its details.

It's called the Libertarian party. People think I am joking but the Libertarian party speaks to me like no other.

http://www.lp.org/article_85.shtml

What is a Libertarian?

Libertarians believe that you have the right to live your life as you wish, without the government interfering -- as long as you don’t violate the rights of others. Politically, this means Libertarians favor rolling back the size and cost of government, and eliminating laws that stifle the economy and control people’s personal choices.

Are Libertarians liberal or conservative?

Libertarians are neither. Unlike liberals or conservatives, Libertarians advocate a high degree of both personal and economic liberty. For example, Libertarians agree with conservatives about freedom in economic matters, so we're in favor of lowering taxes, slashing bureaucratic regulation of business, and charitable -- rather than government -- welfare. But Libertarians also agree with liberals on personal tolerance, so we're in favor of people’s right to choose their own personal habits and lifestyles.

In a sense, Libertarians “borrow” from both sides to come up with a logical and consistent whole -- but without the exceptions and broken promises of Republican and Democratic politicians. That's why we call ourselves the Party of Principle.

This is eye opening. Up until now, I never realized we had so much in common.

Because I am usually Toro on here. Not Stephen.

Why is wealth redistribution so bad?

Ok, see.. Now you are just focking with me.

I am all for firing everyone who is responsible for the craptastic 2.2% pay raise the military is getting this year.

:lol: Bunch of c0cksuckers. :mad:

The GOP absolutely must lose the House. Not because I want that absolute abomination Nancy Pelosi within a few bullets of the White House, but because the leadership in the GOP House is stale and corrupt and the best thing for conservativism is to shake up the establishment and make them attempt to get back in touch with what it means to be conservative.

Either way, a split in the leadership between the White House and Congress is helpful to the country.

It's funny, I always hear that Bill Clinton balanced the budget and George Bush is running huge deficits. Why are there no kudos given to the GOP leadership in Congress during Clinton's terms? And why is this all GWB's fault? Just because they are lone figures does not mean they are solely to blame/congratulate.

:dunno:

My dream is the libertarians gain a solid enough ground to be a viable third party. But my head tells me the establishment is too cunning and corrupt and the American public is too pacifist and lazy to make real change.

I am all for firing everyone who is responsible for the craptastic 2.2% pay raise the military is getting this year.

:dunno: Bunch of c0cksuckers. :o

What have you done to deserve more?

:blink: