Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Saddam sentenced to death

one of a million links

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The Iraqi High Tribunal on Sunday sentenced a combative Saddam Hussein and two other defendants to death by hanging for a brutal crackdown in 1982 in the Shiite town of Dujail.

Iraqis under a curfew in Baghdad spilled out into the streets in celebration of the verdict, news footage showed. But protests were held in Saddam Hussein's hometown.

Along with Hussein, his half-brother and former intelligence chief Barzan Hassan, and former chief judge of the Revolutionary Court Awad Bandar also got death.

:cheers: Defense attorney Ramsey Clark, a former U.S. attorney general, was ousted by judges early in the session. :mad:

They shoulda sent this dumfok traitor to death as well.

What does this all mean? It means I'm finally gonna cash in on some deadpool points after 3 years of wasting a spot on him.

(just hang the dude before january please)

over/under before it shows up on youtube: 12 seconds.

one of a million links

:doublethumbsup: Defense attorney Ramsey Clark, a former U.S. attorney general, was ousted by judges early in the session. :lol:

They shoulda sent this dumfok traitor to death as well.

What does this all mean? It means I'm finally gonna cash in on some deadpool points after 3 years of wasting a spot on him.

(just hang the dude before january please)

anyone on trial deserves legal counsel. the trouble is, though, the us made a big show of foisting our judicial system on this case (not to mention the assinine attempt to install "democracy" in iraq--which will never ever never work).

all for show.

over/under before it shows up on youtube: 12 seconds.

anyone on trial deserves legal counsel. the trouble is, though, the us made a big show of foisting our judicial system on this case (not to mention the assinine attempt to install "democracy" in iraq--which will never ever never work).

all for show.

The timing of the verdict is also a little suspect. I'm thinking the White Hosue was hoping for a late bounce. Honestly I don't think it'll matter much. Most people have made up their minds about Iraq regardless of what happens to Saddam. The verdict could also stoke riots and more violence.

The timing of the verdict is also a little suspect. I'm thinking the White Hosue was hoping for a late bounce. Honestly I don't think it'll matter much. Most people have made up their minds about Iraq regardless of what happens to Saddam. The verdict could also stoke riots and more violence.

Yes, because this is sure to help Bush's re-election chances tuesday.

No, but I think the GOP was hoping it would give them a limited bounce in the midterm elections. Tony Snow said he believes the verdict will be a factor - I could dig up a link if you insist? Or you could just admit to being wrong again. :)

Try thinking for yourself...don't base your life off the talking points. This has the fingerprints of a Rove power play.

what did he do? :dunno:

The cons supported him in the 80s...there's actually a picture of him shaking hands with Rummy. Republicans are hypocrites!

The cons supported him in the 80s...there's actually a picture of him shaking hands with Rummy. Republicans are hypocrites!

and Bill apparently slept with Hillary at least once. If I had my choice I'll take the handshake.

I guess the big question is ... is indescriminatly killing Iraqis wrong?

That really could be the dumbest reply for any post on any board this month. Congrats.

:rolleyes: I hope there will be a video of this when it happens. :banana:

Hell I hope they put it on Pay Per View. Think of the buy rates!!!

not to mention ronnie reagan's administration publicly rebuked israel for bombing an iraqi nuke reactor back in the day--even though saddam had pubicly said he was going to use the reactor to build a bomb and nuke israel.

if you think i'm making any of this up, you're sadly mistaken.

go figure.