Sign in to follow this  
beefy1

***Official College Football Wagering Thread*** 11/7

I know it's early but what the heck. Just putting up the weekday games for now.

Tuesday- Toledo at No. Illinois -10.5 O/U 54

Thursday- Buffalo at Akron -16.5 O/U 45.5

Louisville - 5.5 at Rutgers O/U 52

Wyoming at BYU -19.5 O/U 46

Friday- Western Mich at Central Mich -6 O/U 47

Texas El Paso -1 at Alabama-Birmingham O/U 53

Got this topic going on the Geek Bored.

Link

Apparently, no one believes me that Hawaii is the best offense in football this year. :banana:

Link

Apparently, no one believes me that Hawaii is the best offense in football this year. :bandana:

I think most people dont get to see Hawaii games so they dont realize how many playmakers they have on offense. I have watched the last 4 games and while they have faced very sub-par defenses, it doesnt change the fact that the June Jones system cant be stopped. If Hawaii played at LSU or Ohio State, I can see where they would have fits on the road against great D's, but could still put up a respectable 24-28ish. Brennan's accuracy and pocket poise is just sick, I LOVE the Warriors, and Nate Illoa (sp) is college footballs Jerome Bettis. The receiving core is as good as I've seen there in years, theres like 2 or 3 Chad Owens type WR's ther now. Every game I watch, its not a question as to whether Hawaii will score on a given drive, its just a matter of how quick. Unfortunately this week against Louisiana Tech the line is like 40 and the total is like 75ish.....their trying to force me to lay off! May play the team total if its reasonable.

Early Picks:

Rutgers +5.5 - Home team with something to prove, I love the points here.

Indiana + 19.5 - Please, Michigan has Ohio State next week. They'll sleepwalk through this one and just get the W.

South Carolina +13.5 - The ol' ballcoach going back to his stomping grounds. You know he wants this W more than any other.

NorthWestern +22 - Same applies here for Ohio State, looking ahead to Michigan next week. This line is way too high in my opinion.

NMSU +11.5 - Fresno State cant stop anybody, their secondary doesnt even play the ball, they play the reciever. 11.5 should be enough for NMSU to cover here.

Good Luck!! :thumbsup:

Louisville/Rutgers Under 51.5

i like this pick a lot. i remember the conversation last week on how really important games tend to be defensive, while each team gets a feel for each other. i think you guys jumped the gun by a week on that one. however, i invision that scenario in this game. i expect louisville to have a let down compared to last week. they put so much emotion into that game last week (im not saying they lose, just a poorer offensive performance than last week) and they dont have the home crowd firing them up this time.

ive been a believer that rutgers is overachieving so far this year. while im not that impresed with louisvilles defense, i like important game/defensive battle approach. rutgers has a nice running game, but really dont score a ton of points.

in louisvilles case, they are a high powered offense, but as i mentioned above, this is a good spot for a let down game for them (especially on the offensive side of the ball). and rutgers is a very solid defensive team 2nd in the nation, only giving up 9.2 points per game, and also 2nd in the nation only giving up 227 yards per game.

also scoresandodds.com gives a money % on the O/U. early money is 97% on the over, after everyone watched that shoot out last week vs WV. but, rutgers at home, with a solid defense, will keep this total under.

i also have a slight lean towards rutgers to lose the game, but cover the spread +6.5

Ditka, Philly, GR,

Are you guys thinking about playing the under in tonights game? (Seattle/Oakland) Forecast looks crazy ugly.

Ditka, your in Washington right? How bad is it there?

Thanks!

Ditka, Philly, GR,

Are you guys thinking about playing the under in tonights game? (Seattle/Oakland) Forecast looks crazy ugly.

Thanks!

If I didn't take it at 37 last night, I don't think I can risk it at whatever it is now (34-35 I'm guessing).

I may hope for an early TD (through a fumble recovery or accidental RB scamper into the end zone) and then hit the under in real-time.

Liking the Seneca Wallace passing completions prop but little else. May be worth *GULP* laying off tonight! :thumbsup:

If I didn't take it at 37 last night, I don't think I can risk it at whatever it is now (34-35 I'm guessing).

I may hope for an early TD (through a fumble recovery or accidental RB scamper into the end zone) and then hit the under in real-time.

Liking the Seneca Wallace passing completions prop but little else. May be worth *GULP* laying off tonight! :D

I hear ya, sounds like there should be heavy emphasis on the running game tonight with high winds to go along with the rain. I dont even know why I am firing on the NFL after my shalacking yesterday. I took the under at 35, lets see if I can make it a clean sweep of 0-4 on the NFL this weekend :(

Good Luck!! :thumbsup:

Guys,

I think I may have found another glitch early here on The Greek website. The line for the Oklahoma State/Baylor game is OK State -16.5 and the total is 59. The TEAM TOTAL for Baylor is 12??? Here is what they have done in their last 8 games.....

/16/06 at Washington State Seattle, Wash L, 17-15

09/23/06 vs. Army (Parents' Weekend) Waco, Texas L, 27-20 (OT)

09/30/06 vs. Kansas State Waco, Texas W, 17-3

10/07/06 at Colorado Boulder, Colo. W, 34-31 (3OT)

10/14/06 at Texas Austin, Texas L, 63-31

10/21/06 vs. Kansas (Homecoming) Waco, Texas W, 36-35

10/28/06 vs. Texas A&M Waco, Texas L, 31-21

11/04/06 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas L, 55-21

They havent scored under 12 points in their last 8 games, most notably they have scored 21 or more in their last 5 against decent competition, and OK States D gives up some serious yardage against decent passing teams! They had that glitch with Baylor/Texas Tech last week and I exploited the crap out of it for as much as they would allow me to bet.....easy winner. Do they just like to hide diamonds in games where Baylor is involved??

Most importantly, should you decide to play or let me know that im trippin and this line seems right, DONT LEAK THE INFO OUT OF THIS THREAD!!! Last thing we want is the world pounding it and bringing it to their attention to make the correct changes. Looking for feedback to prevent me from laying the farm...

Good Luck!! :thumbsdown:

Holee Sh!t!!! I just layed a large wager on it and went back to check the line..and it went to 12 -130!! Can one bet really do that???

My bets in....hope I can cash it in now!!

Good Luck!! :banana:

Guys,

I think I may have found another glitch early here on The Greek website. The line for the Oklahoma State/Baylor game is OK State -16.5 and the total is 59. The TEAM TOTAL for Baylor is 12??? Here is what they have done in their last 8 games.....

They havent scored under 12 points in their last 8 games, most notably they have scored 21 or more in their last 5 against decent competition, and OK States D gives up some serious yardage against decent passing teams! They had that glitch with Baylor/Texas Tech last week and I exploited the crap out of it for as much as they would allow me to bet.....easy winner. Do they just like to hide diamonds in games where Baylor is involved??

Most importantly, should you decide to play or let me know that im trippin and this line seems right, DONT LEAK THE INFO OUT OF THIS THREAD!!! Last thing we want is the world pounding it and bringing it to their attention to make the correct changes. Looking for feedback to prevent me from laying the farm...

Good Luck!! :blink:

Holee Sh!t!!! I just layed a large wager on it and went back to check the line..and it went to 12 -130!! Can one bet really do that???

Good Luck!! :doh:

I would think they would outscore 12, their star QB is out for season as of two games ago. Good luck.

Link

Apparently, no one believes me that Hawaii is the best offense in football this year. :blink:

philly, i'd have to agree with you and the stats, my best guess is all those goons are OSU fans so they are stubborn and wont listen to the facts.

I would think they would outscore 12, their star QB is out for season as of two games ago. Good luck.

Yeah I considered that as well. I watched the Texas Tech/Bayolr game on Saturday and Blake Szymanski (sp) actually did decent. He showed he can make decent passes as well as make plays with his legs. This line was too good to pass up! Guess we'll see....

Good Luck!! :rolleyes:

Guys,

Good Luck!! :sleep:

Good Luck!! :doh:

I REALLY hope some of you guys that read this were wise enough to take advantage of it....this line is long gone, and has just about doubled.....I layed the farm!

Good Luck!! :banana:

I don't like tonights Toledo/No Illinois game. Some numbers:

Toledo is 0-5 SU on the road

Toledo is 1-4 ATS on the road

Toledo is 9-1 SU vs Northern Ill last 10 games

Last year, No Ill won as a 11 point underdog, 35-17.

Toledo is ranked #40 in total defense.

Toledo is staring freshman QB Opell.

Toledo is 3-6, and will not go bowling, so motivation is a mystery.

Northern Illinois is 3-1 SU at home

Northern Illinois is 0-3 ATS at home

Northern Illinois is ranked last in pass defense in the country.

Northern Illinois is 5-4, and trying to become bowl eligible.

Northern Illinois is force feeding the ball to RB Garrett Wolfe in a Heisman chase, and teams are stacking the box and slowing him down with success the last couple of games. QB Horvath is struggling big time for Northern Illinois, which is weird, since he was one of the most efficient QBs in the nation last year. Edge in the game on defense to Toledo. Edge in game on offense and motivation to No Illinois. But last week, I struggled in the MAC, and won't force this game.

Unless I change my mind tonight. :mad:

Good luck to all.

I think most people dont get to see Hawaii games so they dont realize how many playmakers they have on offense. I have watched the last 4 games and while they have faced very sub-par defenses, it doesnt change the fact that the June Jones system cant be stopped. If Hawaii played at LSU or Ohio State, I can see where they would have fits on the road against great D's, but could still put up a respectable 24-28ish. Brennan's accuracy and pocket poise is just sick, I LOVE the Warriors, and Nate Illoa (sp) is college footballs Jerome Bettis. The receiving core is as good as I've seen there in years, theres like 2 or 3 Chad Owens type WR's ther now. Every game I watch, its not a question as to whether Hawaii will score on a given drive, its just a matter of how quick. Unfortunately this week against Louisiana Tech the line is like 40 and the total is like 75ish.....their trying to force me to lay off! May play the team total if its reasonable.

Early Picks:

Rutgers +5.5 - Home team with something to prove, I love the points here.

Indiana + 19.5 - Please, Michigan has Ohio State next week. They'll sleepwalk through this one and just get the W.

South Carolina +13.5 - The ol' ballcoach going back to his stomping grounds. You know he wants this W more than any other.

NorthWestern +22 - Same applies here for Ohio State, looking ahead to Michigan next week. This line is way too high in my opinion.

NMSU +11.5 - Fresno State cant stop anybody, their secondary doesnt even play the ball, they play the reciever. 11.5 should be enough for NMSU to cover here.

Good Luck!! :mad:

Yer Mom:

I tend to want to agree with you on the OSU and Michigan games, but I am a bit hesitant because of last week's games. I live in Ann Arbor and all we are hearing is that the Michigan players are totally embarrassed about the Ball State game. I assume the same is true in Columbus.

Usually the theory that you are following is money in the bank, but I worry that they may try to blow both of these teams out. The one positive still in play is the fact that once they get the lead they will likely rest their starters, so as to prevent injury.

Anyway, I respect your plays a lot, but just wanted to add in my two cents.

I don't like tonights Toledo/No Illinois game. Some numbers:

Toledo is 0-5 SU on the road

Toledo is 1-4 ATS on the road

Toledo is 9-1 SU vs Northern Ill last 10 games

Last year, No Ill won as a 11 point underdog, 35-17.

Toledo is ranked #40 in total defense.

Toledo is staring freshman QB Opell.

Toledo is 3-6, and will not go bowling, so motivation is a mystery.

Northern Illinois is 3-1 SU at home

Northern Illinois is 0-3 ATS at home

Northern Illinois is ranked last in pass defense in the country.

Northern Illinois is 5-4, and trying to become bowl eligible.

Northern Illinois is force feeding the ball to RB Garrett Wolfe in a Heisman chase, and teams are stacking the box and slowing him down with success the last couple of games. QB Horvath is struggling big time for Northern Illinois, which is weird, since he was one of the most efficient QBs in the nation last year. Edge in the game on defense to Toledo. Edge in game on offense and motivation to No Illinois. But last week, I struggled in the MAC, and won't force this game.

Unless I change my mind tonight. :wall:

Good luck to all.

And you know you will, so stop trying to make it sound like you're exercising some restraint! No such thing!

And you know you will, so stop trying to make it sound like you're exercising some restraint! No such thing!

That doesn't mean I won't bet at all tonight. We got NHL, NBA, and even college baskets. Vermont vs New Orleans and Maryland vs Hampton. Gotta start looking at CFL and the rest of college football this week.

This time of year gets crazy. Too many sports going on. :dunno:

That doesn't mean I won't bet at all tonight. We got NHL, NBA, and even college baskets. Vermont vs New Orleans and Maryland vs Hampton. Gotta start looking at CFL and the rest of college football this week.

This time of year gets crazy. Too many sports going on. :banana:

Understood. Early NBA is the worst. No matter how good a road dog looks going against a mediocre team (Detroit last night at Utah and Minny at Sac), the home team continues to win and/or cover. I had a small two-teamer on the Det & Minny MLs paying almost 10:1 odds. Both teams lost and I believe Sac covered. I'm sticking with overs between high scoring teams and the occassional halftime over.

Jumped on N. Ill -11 last night when other books started to post higher lines. If I hear a lot of you are on Toledo (who I bet against because I have seen them with some HORRENDOUS performances), I'll buy it back, hopefully at +13 or higher.

If your play tonight is the over, I'm not biting. I will not fall for that "mid-week overs" trap again.

Detroit covered last night.... +4.5

103-101 Utah won.

Unless i misread what you were saying

Detroit covered last night.... +4.5

103-101 Utah won.

Unless i misread what you were saying

You didn't misread.

I mentioned both teams lost and that I believe Minny not only lost, but didn't cover.

I guess my point was I was looking at teams I perceived to be decent getting a small amount of points and assuming they could win on the road against lesser competition (I guess that only works if your travelling to play the Knicks! :banana: :banana: )

Ditka, Philly, GR,

Thanks!

I have retired from the NFL.

There is flooding all over Washington today. Hope you grabbed that under.

I have retired from the NFL.

There is flooding all over Washington today. Hope you grabbed that under.

Indeed I did sir, I played it at 31.5 under +140 as well. It was lookin bad at first after the Deion Branch TD so early, I figured to lose both bets but got lucky that the scoring pretty much ended there.

Well, turns out that The Greek fixed the "glitch" and cancelled my Baylor over 12 points bet :cry: I was so excited about it I had just penciled in the $675. (Only sharing dollar amount cause getting a 1 team ten point teaser equivilent at almost even money just calls for sharing farm layage) Back to to old drawing board.....

No Play on tonights trash.....

Good Luck!! :blink:

I too am all but done betting the NFL. Unless I have a big college day, I can't see myself betting the pros anymore. Too tough. :blink:

Indeed I did sir, I played it at 31.5 under +140 as well. It was lookin bad at first after the Deion Branch TD so early, I figured to lose both bets but got lucky that the scoring pretty much ended there.

Well, turns out that The Greek fixed the "glitch" and cancelled my Baylor over 12 points bet :cry: I was so excited about it I had just penciled in the $675. (Only sharing dollar amount cause getting a 1 team ten point teaser equivilent at almost even money just calls for sharing farm layage) Back to to old drawing board.....

No Play on tonights trash.....

Good Luck!! :pointstosky:

Sorry about that buddy. I told you it happens from time to time. I'm still amazed that our Texas Tech wager wasn't cancelled. I'm curious what would have happened if the team total didn't go over the official number (which it easily did).

Congrats on last night. I screwed up what could have been a decent night royally. Completely went the wrong way in real-time betting. That tool is supposed to be an asset, not a detriment!

Even though you're not playing, if forced to choose, which side would you take?

Sorry about that buddy. I told you it happens from time to time. I'm still amazed that our Texas Tech wager wasn't cancelled. I'm curious what would have happened if the team total didn't go over the official number (which it easily did).

Congrats on last night. I screwed up what could have been a decent night royally. Completely went the wrong way in real-time betting. That tool is supposed to be an asset, not a detriment!

Even though you're not playing, if forced to choose, which side would you take?

Real time has been HUGE for me until Sunday night. Im too embarrassed to share dollar amounts I layed a few times taking NE + points....still wasnt enough!

If someone held a gun to my head I would take NI tonight. I dont like this game but if you have the patience to wait the game out until half, you may have a more clear picture on which way the game may go after watching the first half.... :dunno:

Good Luck!! :dunno:

P.S. My buddy says take the Heat -6 tonight....his percentages arent all that great but he has been on fire this week. Wager at your own risk :clap:

What do you guys think of the under tonight??

Its at 54 points??

Seems a little high....and NIU is all running....might chew some clock?

What do you guys think of the under tonight??

Its at 54 points??

Seems a little high....and NIU is all running....might chew some clock?

I've been hearing a lot about the under, but don't know much about Toledo. What kind of a game will this be?

Anyone? My thinking is that Northern Illinois will be showcasing Wolfe tonight. That should chew up some clock, but can Toledo come back and score? Again, I know nothing and I'm looking for some action.

:thumbsup:

My ONLY thinking is that is Toledo good for anymore than 20 points in this game??

That would mean NIU needs to put up 34??

Im not sure they can do that.

BUT.....keep in mind i am completely retarded.

Overall College YTD: 198-167-4; +37.07 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 94-69; +48.72 units

CFL: 21-13; +15.95 units

Overall NBA: 12-8-1; +7.85 units

Subset: NBA 2 unit plays or higher: 2-0; +5.0 units

NHL: 2-2; -2.0 units

NFL (Reset, last two weeks): 22-20-1; +.75 units

Tuesday

College Football

Northern Illinois (-13) for 1 unit LOSER

NBA

Indiana (-5) for 1 unit WINNER

Edit: Seattle (+5) for 1 unit WINNER

New Orleans (-7.5) for 1 unit LOSER

LA Lakers (-8) for 1 unit LOSER

Good luck to all.

Philly:

any thoughts on the over/ under tonight??

think they can get to 54 points?

Hard to say how many Toledo will score. They finally put up points last week, but did it with defensive turnovers and trick plays in the second half. No opinion.

Any reason you feel better about NIU -13?

It's just a small play. Basically, every single MAC underdog has covered the last two weeks. It has to come to an end.

Toledo is just a bad team on the road, with a QB not equipped to take advantage of the No Ill defensive weakness. No Ill will score, but I am not convinced Toledo scores more than 14 or so.

Just a small play.

2006 College betting record

129-109-6 +9.758 units

2+ plays 26-26-1 -.915 units

N. Ill. -12@-122 .5 unit LOSER

really wish i would have gotten in on this line earlier when it was under 10....1/2 unit for now.

Toledo is terrible against the run (91st) and n. ill. will pound it with wolfe on national tv for whatever heisman chances he might have. N. Ill is also still playing for that 6th win for a bowl shot which is good motivation.

Somethings up....Too much action on NIU to not merit a line move for the first half.....

Toledo +7 1st half ...small

Good Luck!! :wall:

*SIGH* Nothing worse than watching a game online when you have money on it. When you see a lull in the action, you know it's going to be bad. Sure enough, they answer with a TD.

If NI scores again here, I'm buying back in real-time. I don't need this sh!t!

Or I'll just stick with my bet and watch N. Ill continue to fvck it up. Unbelievable how quickly this turns around.

Guest SheVegas

GR-Right now Toledo is plus 10 live betting...So is the plus 10 for the game or is it like a halftime bet...Since NI is down by 7...it means I have Toledo +3...+17 or +3...is my question

GR-Right now Toledo is plus 10 live betting...So is the plus 10 for the game or is it like a halftime bet...Since NI is down by 7...it means I have Toledo +3...+17 or +3...is my question

It's for the game. Anytime during live betting, when they post a line and/or total, it's for the result of the game (unless it clearly reads "halftime line"; which it will within 2 minutes of halftime).