Sign in to follow this  
dschddny

Best Trade!

I'm only in 2 leagues.... first one is a 12 man redraft.. I traded A. Bryant & S. Jackson after week # 2 for Chester Taylor, Marques Colston and Randy Moss.... then traded Moss for Warrick Dunn (right after Moss' only real good game of the year vs San Fran).... right now I'm 2nd in overall points in that league so that worked out very nicely....

2nd league is the only one I REALLY care about... 10+ year IDP DYNASTY.... was sick of my Palmer or Vick decision/headache every week, and this kid's Qb were C-Pepp (INJ), Frye (Blah) & Leftwich (INJ).... so after Michael Vicks 2 straight MONSTER performances...I talked him into dealing me Kevin Jones for Michael Vick and Furrey..... he was STACKED at RB with both Bears backs, both Bengals backs, and Maroney, and he's currently in 2nd to last place so he'll get another good young RB for next year so it didn't hurt him that much... just glad I traded for Jones because with Portis OUT for good, I'll need to lean on him now along with Chester... GrRRrrRR

my warrick dunn and thomas jones for chris chambers and reggie bush (week 2)

oh, that was the worst trade i made, my bad.

week 2:

traded Caddy, R. Smith, and Favre for FWP, Colston, and Carr :mad:

week 8:

traded C. Henry and a later round pick in '07 for Dante Stallworth :banana:

I traded Willis McGahee and Larry Fitzgerald for Steven Jackson 4 weeks ago. Fitz has only played 1 mediocre game since then and McGahee got hurt that week. Steven Jackson has given me 19, 22 & 19 points since.

I also got Kevin Jones for Cadillac....that's not too bad.

For me, the "best trade" I am hoping will be parting with Jamal Lewis and the high-scoring Chicago DST in exchange for Shaun Alexander back in week 6ish. I made the trade hoping he'd be right back and here we are at Week 11. Hopefully, he is in full "stud" shape in time for the playoffs.

Until that "best trade" is realized, I think this week's trade for Donte Stallworth in exchange for Lawrence Maroney and his nuts should prove to be my best.

Two trades helped to reshape my team:

14 team, redraft:

Initial Roster:

McNabb / Favre

Tiki / Fred / Maroney / Chris Brown ( :cry: late pick, thought I did well)

Fitz / Chambers / Roddy White / Bryant johnson (insurance)

Heath Miller / V. Davis

Vandy / Seabass

Falcons / Broncos

Before I state my trade, the most ridiculous move I made was dropping the Denver D after week 3. They were good in real football but didn't do much for me fantasy wise...until week 4.

Anyway:

Week 6

Traded Favre / Fred / E.Parker (waiver for White) / Miller / Vandy

FOR

Brunell / Fason / STEVE SMITH / DEZ CLARK / Nedney

Waiver wire brought me Leon for C.Brown at somepoint before that trade so I used Leon/Maroney as a platoon depending on matchups.

Week 9:

Packers / David Martin (waiver for Davis) / Leon / Maroney / Mike Jenkins

FOR

Minni / McMichael / Caddy / Fargas / ROY Williams

Week 10 I traded Caddy/Fitz

FOR

JJ / Mushy

Now my starting lineup looks like:

McNabb

Tiki / JJ

S.Smith / ROY

D. Clark

Nedney / Mare

Falcons/ Minni

All trades did actually help both teams as it filled needs and guys had players to spare but overall I think my ending lineup is a solid improvement over my inital lineup.

Colour me pleased.

my warrick dunn and thomas jones for chris chambers and reggie bush (week 2)

oh, that was the worst trade i made, my bad.

Haha, yah I can't think of the best trade but I can definitely think of the worst.

3 year keeper league.

I was in the second year of keeping Ladanian Tomlinson (could of kept him for next year too) but traded him for SA and Todd Heap. Good news is I get to keep SA for the next 3 years isntead of LT for just one. Bad news is I thought I was making a run for the title this year and SA+Heap would be money.

Haha, yah I can't think of the best trade but I can definitely think of the worst.

3 year keeper league.

I was in the second year of keeping Ladanian Tomlinson (could of kept him for next year too) but traded him for SA and Todd Heap. Good news is I get to keep SA for the next 3 years isntead of LT for just one. Bad news is I thought I was making a run for the title this year and SA+Heap would be money.

edge for Reggie Wayne week 7

Well since I've only made 1 trade total in 2 leagues, it would have to be:

Leon Washington & RMoss for TJ Housh - In a 12 team redraft, I was sitting w/6 of the top 34 RB's plus Alexander, but I was weak at WR. I offered a guy his choice of any two of the following - Wash, Moss, Chambers and Jacobs for Housh. Why he took Moss - I'll never know!

In my other league, I started 7-0, now 9-1, and I've turned down numerous trades. In my position, I've been unwilling to make any moves unless they were no-brainers! :cheers:

I traded Willis Mcgahee, Ronnie Brown, Culpepper, and Chris Chambers for LT and Andre Johnson. About week 4 or 5 and never looked back.

Got LJ for J Jones, B Jacobs and D Mason.

2nd best might turn out to be getting SA for T Henry. Hopefully SHaun will do it for me in the playoffs.

CJ

Best trade:

(I guess) Matt Hasselbeck (just after his game against the Giants) and Joe Horn for Steve Smith. I fell back on Philip Rivers and Rex Grossman which has still produced nicely.

In another league, just recently I traded Carson Palmer for FWP...unfortunately it was just before his blowup game, but FWP actually scored 3 more fantasy points that week, so I'm thinking it worked out, but time will tell really if it was good or bad. Leaning on Grossman as QB in that league as well, but his performance against the Cardinals caused me my one loss, but has been doing me proud since.

Worst Trade:

Just last week I traded Rudi Johnson and Santana Moss for Clinton Portis, I think we all know how that turned out.

Got LJ for J Jones, B Jacobs and D Mason.

2nd best might turn out to be getting SA for T Henry. Hopefully SHaun will do it for me in the playoffs.

CJ

:thumbsup: Whoa whoever accepted that first trade is downright dumb. Must have been a rookie

Best trade I made this year was Terry Glenn and Maurice Jones-Drew for Donald Driver and Joesph Addai week 6. second best is trading Westbrook for Willie Parker and L. Coles after that game when Westbrook didnt play. then ended up trading Coles and a injured D. Williams for Chambers which hasnt worked out that great.

:D Whoa whoever accepted that first trade is downright dumb. Must have been a rookie

Crazy thing is HE proposed the trade to me once I expressed interest in LJ. And know he's in at least one other league this year, so I don't think he's a rookie. BTW, this was just 2 days ago this trade happened.

Cj

After week 3, I was offered TJones and Ocho Cinco for Gore. Pulled the trigger and have been starting Holt and CJ at WR since other than bye weeks. Didn't look like CJ was gonna do much, but I stuck with him and he won last week for me single-handedly. Hopefully, SA will hit full-stride just in time for the playoffs ... I have a three-game lead in my division with four left to play before playoffs weeks 15 and 16.

I GOT McNabb for Vick/Williamson/MBIII in like week 3

......then to make it better I picked up Colston with one of my free spots :unsure: . That trade salvaged my season after drafting SA and Lamont rounds 1 and 2.

probably the best sell high ive ever had, not great return but way better then what i wouldve had. This was a couple days before Mcgahee cracked his ribs

I got Jordan and Foster(have deangelo)

i gave Mcgahee and mike Bell

A week before draft day I traded Barber(my 2nd keeper) and my 4th round pick for the 2nd pick in the first round...and hello LT and hello 9-1!

two trades:

first is a keeper:

gave up Deangelo (4 years) and Murrey (1 year)

for

Gates (3 years) and S Moss ( 2 years)

I had Tiki, SA, and K Jones at RB, he had Winslow at TE. He was the one that offered to "throw in" moss. I was willing to do a 2for 1

:lol:

other trade in a dynasty league:

gave up Portis

for

Ronnie Brown and Roy Williams

already had Alexander and LJ at RB, moved Brown to flex, and Roy starts next to Ocho Cino

:lol:

worst trade?

same dynasty league, before the season started

Fred Taylor

Torry holt

Kevin Jones

for

Alexander

MB3

;)

Pennington and S. Alexander (#2 pick overall *sigh*)

for

Brady and FWP in week 9.

THE FUNNY PART:

FWP got 2 TDs and 200+ yards vs NO in week 10.

THE IRONIC PART:

I played the person I traded with week 10 and only won because of FWP's success.

Week 4.

Ronnie Brown,Thomas Jones, Derrick Mason for Terrell Owens and Willie Parker.

I made the trade the week TO took too many pills. I knew TO would be fine so I made out like a bandit.

Tuesday just traded Droughns for Winslow to a guy that owns Portis. He needed a starting RB and my TE Watson (or ANY Patriot) is not a lock every week. Wednesday Droughns end up being questionable this week. :banana:

Traded Alexander and Kennison for Steven Jackson and S.Smith after week 2.

Then traded S.Moss, Ike Bruce, and Dunn for Roy Williams and Stallworth.

Was 0-2 ...7-1 since....the one loss by .3 pts.

Roster

Favre/Roth

S.Jackson/Westy/D.Foster/A-Train

S.Smith/R.Williams/D.Jax/Stallworth

K.Winslow

Gould

SD

Never missed the playoffs in 7yrs in this league....but never won the big one either...lost 2 SBs by less than 5 pts. Hopefully this will be my year.

I am in a big money league 10 teams, this is our 9th year. I am known as the trade king. I rarely have any players from draft day on my roster once the season is over. Even though all the owners swear every year not to trade with me, I have made a trade with every team in my league at least once this year.

Draft day roster

Culpepper

Edge

Bush

Maroney

Addai

M.Turner

Lundi

Chad Johnson

Owens

Boldin

A.Bryant

McMichael

Sea D

And some others I dont remember

Now the best deal I made all year is before week 1. I traded Ronnie Brown (Who I had traded Edge for already) Maroney, Bush & Ohco Cinco for LT, Thomas Jones/Benson & Chambers. Now The Chi RB's & Chambers are long gone, but LT2 remains! So after 10 weeks of trading (Our deadline has come & gone) Here is my team. I promise you on a stack of Bibles that this is all true. I feel it is the best team I have ever assembled.

QB Rothlisberger, Hasselbeck & Plummer (Start 1)

RB LT2, S.Jackson, Tiki & Deuce, M.Turner (Start 2)

WR S.Smith, Holt, Harrison, Horn (Start 3)

TE Gates, Winslow (Start 1)

D Panthers, Seahawks (Start 1)

K J. Brown

Players that have come & gone from my team this year besides all the ones from draft day: R.Brown, Westbrook, A.Johnson, D.Jackson, Eli Manning, Norwood, Dunn, T.Bell, M.Bell, Colston, Branch, R. & S. Moss, S.Alexander, Driver, Wayne, Ahman Green, Shockey, Caddilac, L.Jordan, Coles, Berrian.... I am never affraid to package up the right players to get what I want. When I make a deal, I am always looking to see where I can move those players next before I make the first trade...

I really believe that I just pulled my finest trade of the year yesterday right before the trade deadline.

I traded: Foster, Cotchery, Trent Green, and Chicago D

for

Steve Smith, Julius Jones, and Jax D.

I think this is the trade that will propel me to the championship!

And the best part? MY LEAGUE-MATES ARE SO PISSED!