Sign in to follow this  
chiz3

Saints/Payton no class...

Up 2 tds and still throwing 50yd passes? What is going on in the nfl today? Brees,Johnson. Everyone is running up the scores.

nope, neither. Even the announcers were saying that the Falcons will remember this, and that NO shouldve taken a knee.

Up 2 tds and still throwing 50yd passes? What is going on in the nfl today? Brees,Johnson. Everyone is running up the scores.

It's not like there were 30 secs left. Get over it.

nope, neither. Even the announcers were saying that the Falcons will remember this, and that NO shouldve taken a knee.

Judging by the way the Falcons played, I doubt they have the heart to care about it. Mora Jr. will be gone next year, anyway... as Sr. predicted with his "coach killer" comment.

waaaahh

maybe they should stop them from passing.. It's football anything can happen, what are they supposed to do just run deuce up the middle 3 times and punt?

I sort of agree that it was bad, however, when you can kick a team when they are down, do it. Especially when they are your rival. I live in Atlanta and I like the Falcons alot, but one more touchdown does not make much of a difference.

WTF? The pass was made with 3 minutes left with an 11 point lead, which can disappear with just two possessions by Atlanta. Case in point the Cardinals recovered an onside kick after scoring a TD with 39 seconds remaining giving them a chance to erase a 12 point deficit they had less than a minute earlier.

Brees,Johnson. Everyone is running up the scores.

Brad Johnson? The Minne/Arizona game came down to the last second. It was a running play that gave the Cardinals life.

Well... if the announcers even said it... this debate is over. As we all know... the announcers are ALWAYS right.

:rolleyes:

C'mon man... it's not like it was 63-10.

The Saints led by MVP Drew Brees have a incredible passing attack, whoever they plug in at WR is a freaking stud, it's a true joy to watch this offense and the more they throw the better for the fantasy world.

waaaahh

maybe they should stop them from passing.. It's football anything can happen, what are they supposed to do just run deuce up the middle 3 times and punt?

:bandana:

Better to be criticized for supposedly "running up the score" as opposed to losing a 14 point lead.

Why don't you ask Tom Coughin and Sheli? They seem to agree with you...

Did not see the game. But my basic rule in professional (and most college games) if there is no running up the score. This is not Youth Football League or Little League Baseball. These are all professionals that are the best in world at what they do. Team that worry about how much they lose by are basically losers. You either win or lose. Losers worry about how much they lose by. Everyone else tries to win the next game.

It's not like there were 30 secs left. Get over it.

Seriously. :rolleyes: A 2 TD lead guarantees nothing in the NFL. New Orleans' o-line sucks... trying to play conservatively would be a huge risk.

The Giants were up 3 scores in the fourth quarter. Good thing they started mailing it in at that point. Did them a lot of good in the end.

A large part of football is imposing your will on your opponent...I don't want to hear about running up the score. If I run/coach a team, I'd much rather defend my decision to continue scoring and deal with the possible ramifications of "running up the score" than I would defend my decision to go ultra-conservative and explain to my employers how I lost a 3-possession lead in the fourth quarter.

Don't get me wrong, if you lead 42-10 with 3 minutes to go, take a knee. But like another poster said, these guys are professionals. If you don't want to get the score run up on you, don't let it happen.

First of all... get the facts right. It was 3rd and 7, on their own 45 yard line and they were up by ELEVEN points with over 3 minutes left when they made that pass. Sorry... but if you don't think that a TD, a two point coversion, and a field goal is possible in 3 minutes in the NFL, then you don't know anything.

Also the announcers weren't speculating on that play, they were speculating on the McAllister TD on the next play with over two minutes left which I also found ridiculous).

I believe that Payton was just guaranteeing victory as he should have by going up by three scores. Give it a rest.

did you see how the cards almost came back against the vickies? Gotta be up by 22 before you stop playing.

and the cards will be the first to tell u that...they had a HUGE lead on the bears and they slowed down and look where that got them...

not only should NO have kept throwing..but they shouldve had one take a dump in the middle of the field..and have another go by the stands and punch Moras wife and kids...

ETA..who announces an atl-no game anyway? ron pitts? beasley focking reese?...brees shouldve rolled back to pass, turned sideways and heaved one into the box...followed up by brees giving them both the finger...

How is passing the ball when you're up 24-13 running up the score? :blink:

That's just silly.

damn colts up by 20 something and returning a pick for a TD....dungee should be fired!!!!!

The Giants obviously took your advice when they were up 21-0 going into the 4th quarter, how did that work out for them?