Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Cell tower climber

I spoke to a guy a few days ago about his job as a cell tower climber. He said that he goes wherever they need him to go and the pay is pretty good. They are willing to train. I am not afraind of heights at all so I would be fine with climbing like a monkey. I am going to talk to the hiring person as soon as he gets me one of his cards.

Its got to be higher paying than what I am getting.

Forget the thread topic, I want to know what miserable job you have NOW that makes mindlessly climbing cell phone towers an attractive option.

High school janitor?

Glory hole worker?

Tell! Tell! Tell!

:popcorn:

Forget the thread topic, I want to know what miserable job you have NOW that makes mindlessly climbing cell phone towers an attractive option.

High school janitor?

Glory hole worker?

Tell! Tell! Tell!

:popcorn:

I am a pro midget tosseer. The PC crowd has demonized midget tossing so much that I can't even toss a midget without a protest. You know chanting " hell no you won't throw" . I get death threats from midgets all the time. Making a living on the pro-midget tossing tour is rough. But the midget women are great. You can get a blow job and rest your beer can on her head while standing up.

get this job and youll be moving up in no time :(

Actually, I have a friend who (as part of her old job) used to recruit people to climb cell towers.

Apparently, it does pay really, really well--that is, if you don't mind doing a little bit of travelling...and if you aren't bothered by the whole "plummeting to a nasty death" thing...

you are harnessed up right? as long as you are dilligent (sp?) in using your safety equipment, how hard can it be

Is there more to the job to just climbing? I would imagine a lot of shiot could go wrong with those towers. Hopefully you get to climb the cool ones at Orchard Lake and Northwestern that they made look like gigantic pine trees :dunno:

So you just climb the towers? Who does that benefit? <_<

Mrs. DaveBG's friend's husband climbs and paints bridges in NYC. Apparently, it pays really well b/c it is one of the most dangerous jobs to have.

Yes, he is harnessed in, but he has to climb up to the spot he's going to then hook up his harness (I think.)

He told me that one of the biggest dangers are all the pidgeons. Partly b/c they can jump out of nowhere and startle you (not a good thing when you are hanging from the Brooklyn Bridge) and also b/c the pidgeon poop is everywhere up there and it is very toxic to humans.

A couple of times he's worked on an active drawbridge and has just been hanging on/harnessed in while the bridge was up to let a ship pass through.

Crazy job.

I have an uncle who's been doing this for 20+ years. He started out doing it part time on his off days as a Paramedic.

Eventually, it grew to be his full time gig. He started his own company with a couple of crews who climb the towers. At one point, both of his sons and my brother were working for him, and they were all pulling in decent money.

My brother did tell me that those things sway like a MoFo when you're up there.