Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

OK, WHO is benching Marc Bulger

If you are benching Bulger, who are you starting over him?

People say never bench your studs. Others say that you gotta go with the guys who got you there (playoffs).

But this week I am pretty nervous about Bulger... on MNF, versus the Bears, banged up (ribs), been very inconsistent lately. BUT, Bulger is an experienced QB, surrounded by talent.

I have a few other QB's sitting on the waiver wire (Alex Smith vs. Green Bay , Rex Grossman at St.Louis) but I'm not convinced Bulger will be thaaaat bad.

Bulger hasn't been a "stud" since Pace went down. He's practically a must-bench against Chicago. I traded for Vick weeks ago to take over for Bulger -- you prolly should have done the same. :huh:

Bulger owner here...he stunk it up against lesser teams...why wouldn't he suck against the Bears. I'm flirting with starting Brad Johnson against the Lions. But I'm not in my playoffs yet...and I've clinched a berth already.

My first round opponent is starting Smith over Bulger, while I'm debating between McNair and Pennigton. I think are QB's are a wash - I don't see more than low teens for any of those 4!

My first round opponent is starting Smith over Bulger, while I'm debating between McNair and Pennigton. I think are QB's are a wash - I don't see more than low teens for any of those 4!

PENNINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McNair!!!!!!!!! :lol: :headbanger:

Thank the Lord I'm still in my regular season and have clinched a playoff berth. My other option is Trent Green against the Ravens. And I think I'm starting Green. As for the playoffs, Bulger has far easier matchups, so I'll probably stick him back in.

Benching Bulger for either Kitna or McNair. Right now leaning toward McNair because Chester's injury has forced me to start K. Jones, and I don't want to put all my eggs into Detroit's basket...

I'm glad I have a bye in one of my leagues with Bulger, but in the other, I'm thinking of benching Holt and going with Boldin...bad idea?

Going with Garcia over Bulger for the 1st week of the play-offs. This is the first time this season Bulger is riding the pine.

:cry:

I have Kitna on my bench. And while JK's matchup seems favourable. It's a good bet the Lion's running game could go sour against the NFL's number one rush defense. Conventional fantasy football wisdom therefore dictates the Lions will force the pass more often than not. This may lead to solid fantasy numbers for Kitna. It may not. However, this is my leauges first playoff game and I dont like taking chances with Detroit Lions players...ever.

With that said. I'm still giving Bulger the keys to my team. Besides, I like having a player, especially a QB, left playing on Monday night. It keeps my opponent on his toes, and gives me a game to watch. Basically, it makes the whole week more enjoyable.

The Bears have been giving plenty running room to RBs the past few weeks. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of safe screen passes to Jackson to ease up the expected Chicago blitz.

After Bulger called out his O-line last week, I expect a sharpened effort from that unit. More than likely, they'll be worthier this week than last. Bulger is smart. Has an accurate longball. And plays better when faced with solid competition.

That's just my two cents.

I honestly think Bulger has a good game and I predict them to win the game as well. I'm not a Rams fan at all by the way. My guess is 27-14 Rams win, Bulger has 230 yards passing and 2 td's, 1 to Holt and 1 to Curtis.

I'll have to go back to this post on Monday night to see how I did!

I also have Bulger an Kitna and as of now I am Starting Kitna over bulger because of the matchup, if Carolina can shut out the rams with a good pass rush why can't the bears. But Kitna does play for the lions.

I still am thinking about this one

I also do like watching my QB on MNF.

I've got Bulger, Eli and Big Ben and as of right now I'm starting Eli. I don't like Bulger's matchup and they are predicting COLD and snow for the game tonight. I may still put Bulger in there before Sunday but as of now it's Eli.

I'm starting Vick over him in one league, and Kitna over him in another. I'm not worried about Vick doing his thing, and Kitna's at home versus a bad Minnesota secondary. Martz will probably throw all day after seeing what Arizona did to them.

Going with Garcia over Bulger for the 1st week of the play-offs. This is the first time this season Bulger is riding the pine.

ditto

As for the playoffs, Bulger has far easier matchups, so I'll probably stick him back in.

I don't like him against Oakland in week 15. Oakland has a great pass D.

I also have Bulger an Kitna and as of now I am Starting Kitna over bulger because of the matchup, if Carolina can shut out the rams with a good pass rush why can't the bears. But Kitna does play for the lions.

I still am thinking about this one

I also do like watching my QB on MNF.

Don't forget. The Rams were at Carolina fighting it out on natural grass. On Monday, they'll be at home duking with the Bears on the race track.

Already wrapped up my spot this week, but next week he is probably being replaced by Trent Green or JCampbell (depending on how they play this week).

Well, this is quite the topic. Seeing how just about everybody agrees to bench him, he will most likely go off on Monday night. A little bit of Murphy's law. Bulger 254 3TD's. (2 holt 1 Jackson)

Well, this is quite the topic. Seeing how just about everybody agrees to bench him, he will most likely go off on Monday night. A little bit of Murphy's law. Bulger 254 3TD's. (2 holt 1 Jackson)

I'm thinking the same thing. In the only league I have Bulger in, the playoffs don't start until next week and my playoff birth is already sewn up. So I'm not to worried about making the wrong choice. I always stick to the offical ff rules of "Never bench your studs." and "When in doubt, always play your prime time players." I guess its a good thing I have Romo. He has reached stud statis and they play the Saints on Sunday night. I'm playing Romo.

Even though I have my doubts I really hope Bulger kills the Bears. My Rams need a win in the worst way.

GO RAMS!!!!

:doublethumbsup: