Sign in to follow this  
A Dido Brother

Jets are after the Burner

I'd probably take him pretty high, potentially in the 1st round. The Jets have a young talented o-line. It's probably the best possible scenario for Turner owners.

I'd probably take him pretty high, potentially in the 1st round. The Jets have a young talented o-line. It's probably the best possible scenario for Turner owners.

I would take him in the 2nd for sure if he went there and was named the starter. He could be next year's Chester Taylor.

I hope my Browns make a play for him too with all the money they will have to spend.

Turner, Barlow, Houston, Washington.

Four-headed monster!

If the Jets pay the price it would take to get Turner from SD, there would be no four headed monster. It's Turner and three clowns.

If the Jets pay the price it would take to get Turner from SD, there would be no four headed monster. It's Turner and three clowns.

Barlow would be long gone.

Glad I'm not a fan of an AFC team...

If I was... I'd be terrified at the thought of the Chargers having 5 picks in the first three rounds next draft... including two first rounders.

Do ya'll think it's realistic for a team to give up a first and third for him? I see where the article says the Jets have two 2nd round picks... I can see where that would certainly make it plausible.

Glad I'm not a fan of an AFC team...

If I was... I'd be terrified at the thought of the Chargers having 5 picks in the first three rounds next draft... including two first rounders.

Do ya'll think it's realistic for a team to give up a first and third for him? I see where the article says the Jets have two 2nd round picks... I can see where that would certainly make it plausible.

I think a 1st and 3rd is a little too much for a rebuilding team to spend on a back-up RB. I don't see this going down. Jets can stick w/ the status quo at RB- RBBC between Houston/Washington, upgrade their Defense and other weaknesses

I think a 1st and 3rd is a little too much for a rebuilding team to spend on a back-up RB. I don't see this going down. Jets can stick w/ the status quo at RB- RBBC between Houston/Washington, upgrade their Defense and other weaknesses

Honestly... I think a first and third is too much for ANY team to give up for a back-up RB. But the jibba jabba on local radio (I live in San Diego) is that the Bolts intend to offer him the highest tender. The cap is going up, Turner is valuable to them... and if/when they trade him, they can set their own price.

I can't see any team in the league that would need an RB so much that they would need to give up 2 picks. 'Cept maybe the Lions... Turner would be a scary good fit on that team.

I think the Jets have more holes to fill than RB, and they should be using those picks to fill the holes on D and get a QB to take over for Pennington in the future. They seem ok at WR, the O-line is looking good. A TE would be useful. I'm not sure using 2 picks to get Taylor would put them over the top for a playoff run.

That being said, I do own Turner in a dynasty league and I'd love to see it done.

I think the Jets have more holes to fill than RB, and they should be using those picks to fill the holes on D and get a QB to take over for Pennington in the future. They seem ok at WR, the O-line is looking good. A TE would be useful. I'm not sure using 2 picks to get Taylor would put them over the top for a playoff run.

That being said, I do own Turner in a dynasty league and I'd love to see it done.

FYI, Kellen Clemens (2nd round pick last year) is waiting in the wings to take over for Pennington. O-line could probably also improve in a few spots...mainly RT and whichever G Kendall doesn't play

If the Chargers put the highest tender on him (1st and 3rd), wouldn't they have to pay him the equivalent to the average of the five highest paid RB's in the NFL? Seems like that would be an awful lot considering the deals Edge and Alexander just signed not to mention LT and Portis.

Also, considering that the Chargers will definitely lose him after next year, wouldn't it be wise to take say a 2nd from the Jets now and avoid the rest? I know you can only tag one player. What other players could the Chargers use the Tag on that may be more appealing to the long term future of the organization?

If the Chargers put the highest tender on him (1st and 3rd), wouldn't they have to pay him the equivalent to the average of the five highest paid RB's in the NFL? Seems like that would be an awful lot considering the deals Edge and Alexander just signed not to mention LT and Portis.

You may be thinking of the Franchise Player tag.

The highest Tender for RFA's is $2 million. Well... $1.9 million I think.

The second tier I think is 1.5 mil

And I think the lowest is $900k.

You may be thinking of the Franchise Player tag.

The highest Tender for RFA's is $2 million. Well... $1.9 million I think.

The second tier I think is 1.5 mil

And I think the lowest is $900k.

i am pretty sure he means the highest tender which would net San Diego a 1st/3rd round pick. Which is way too high of a price for any team to spend IMO

Why would the Jets spend a 1st round pick for Turner when they could use that pick to get a guy like Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch?

Why would the Jets spend a 1st round pick for Turner when they could use that pick to get a guy like Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch?

Why risk a 1st round pick on a guy you can only guess will suceed in the NFL when you can get a surefire starter? The Jets record is going to put Peterson out of reach anyway, possibly even Lynch too who is hardly a stud prospect by most accounts.

I think 2 second round picks would be enough for the jets to get him, the bolts know they arent getting anything for him after this year if they sign him to the one year rfa deal. Alot of you guys are thinking 1st and 3 rounder, they would not have to give up a first, the bolts could trade him for whatever they can get if they get word they arnt getting a first rounder from anyone. Maybe even a second and a player on draft day...

Why risk a 1st round pick on a guy you can only guess will suceed in the NFL when you can get a surefire starter? The Jets record is going to put Peterson out of reach anyway, possibly even Lynch too who is hardly a stud prospect by most accounts.

Turner hasn't proven he's a "surefire starter" yet.

Turner hasn't proven he's a "surefire starter" yet.

no but he's been touted as one since his rookie year, and he sure as hell looks like one when he's out there. I think most teams would rather have Turner than any back they will be able to draft outside the top ten picks. (peterson) Thats my opinion though...

no but he's been touted as one since his rookie year, and he sure as hell looks like one when he's out there. I think most teams would rather have Turner than any back they will be able to draft outside the top ten picks. (peterson) Thats my opinion though...

I agree. His numbers are pretty scary. Over the past two years, he's averaged around 6 yds per carry and a TD every 22 carries. That wouldn't be impressive if he was a goal line back, but he's not. I think he's going to be a monster.

the Chargers will put a 1+3 tender on him just to retain his rights, then they can trade him for whateveer they want.

Vilma sounds nice to me!

Somebody give this man a GM job (Detroit?).

I think 2 second round picks would be enough for the jets to get him, the bolts know they arent getting anything for him after this year if they sign him to the one year rfa deal. Alot of you guys are thinking 1st and 3 rounder, they would not have to give up a first, the bolts could trade him for whatever they can get if they get word they arnt getting a first rounder from anyone. Maybe even a second and a player on draft day...

The Chargers can't trade him unless they retain the rights to him after the RFA process. Hence... 'Free Agent'. The option to trade Turner passed by weeks ago.

The Chargers can't trade him unless they retain the rights to him after the RFA process. Hence... 'Free Agent'. The option to trade Turner passed by weeks ago.

Right, so the Chargers will sign him and then trade him.

Right, so the Chargers will sign him and then trade him.

The NFL is not like the NBA. A RFA cannot be in a sign and trade deal. I think there is a way were the team that owns a player can rescind the tender offer and work out some kind of trade though. Schaub and Turner are in the same boat. Both are on teams that cannot sign them long term and will not keep them for one more season just to lose them for nothing.

Either way Michael Turner is going to be a great fantasy back very soon.

That'd be a great move for the Jets. As a dolphins fan id love to see them get michael turner. Hell be another derrick blaylock for them. Seriously though if i was a JEts fan i wouldnt want them to waste their money on another back up running back with some potnetial. ALthough he could be another chester taylor hell more likely be another blaylock. I'd rather see them draft someone.

Turner is a freekin' BULLDOZER. He doesn't even need a O-line! Love to see him in Detroit,Jets not a bad Opt either.

drafted him in my dynasty league. Took him over Jacobs, everyone laughed at me cause they didn't understand why I took him at all. But as a Tomlinson owner i know of Turners high potential.

HaHa.

Is anyone thinking the Chargers are seriously going to get a 1st AND 3rd?

Theres no way theyll even get a first for him. In fact, most likely there not going to trade him.

Just like Lamont Jordan a few years ago, he got RFA'ed and EVERYONE knew that the jets coouldnt resign him just like the chargers have NO CHANCE to re-sign him(Turner). Jordan played better in a limited role then Turner has, Got drafted higher, and still couldnt get the jets a second round pick(Oakland wouldnt give a second up). Turner has potential, but if charger fans think there getting a first round pick there delusional.

Hell get taged, he wont get traded, hell be a FA next year and get a HUGE contract.

Oh yea, for all those that think the chargers are getting a 1st and 3rd? ----Edge and Sean Alexander couldnt get either team a 2nd rounder last year.

HaHa.

Is anyone thinking the Chargers are seriously going to get a 1st AND 3rd?

Theres no way theyll even get a first for him. In fact, most likely there not going to trade him.

Just like Lamont Jordan a few years ago, he got RFA'ed and EVERYONE knew that the jets coouldnt resign him just like the chargers have NO CHANCE to re-sign him(Turner). Jordan played better in a limited role then Turner has, Got drafted higher, and still couldnt get the jets a second round pick(Oakland wouldnt give a second up). Turner has potential, but if charger fans think there getting a first round pick there delusional.

Hell get taged, he wont get traded, hell be a FA next year and get a HUGE contract.

Oh yea, for all those that think the chargers are getting a 1st and 3rd? ----Edge and Sean Alexander couldnt get either team a 2nd rounder last year.

I didn't think it was possible for someone to type that much without one single piece of correct information but by golly I guess it is. Kudos to you, good sir. :banana:

why is everyone named turner called the burner?

somewhere, daryl turner is shedding a tear :banana:

I didn't think it was possible for someone to type that much without one single piece of correct information but by golly I guess it is. Kudos to you, good sir. :rolleyes:

Actually... there is one piece of correct information:

"...most likely there not going to trade him."

Although not grammatically correct... he is right. You can't trade a free agent.

He he he...

Time to add one more name to the list of people I'll never listen to for advice on this board. Congratulations yako, you jumped right up near the top... nice.

I didn't think it was possible for someone to type that much without one single piece of correct information but by golly I guess it is. Kudos to you, good sir. :thumbsdown:

While what the Chargers will get for him seems like conjecture, I don't know what part of that wasn't correct. Jordan was drafted higher and while his rushing stats were less than Turner's, his value as a reciever could have arguably made him a better looking prospect than Turner.

I didn't think it was possible for someone to type that much without one single piece of correct information but by golly I guess it is. Kudos to you, good sir. :dunno:

He he he...

Time to add one more name to the list of people I'll never listen to for advice on this board. Congratulations yako, you jumped right up near the top... nice.

Ill respond to you both at once.

I dont deal with name calling, or insulting others and I surely wouldnt waste my time on a message board doing that. I deal in FACTS, and would like either of you to prove me wrong. You wont. I had one typo about the year of Edge and Sa not being able to fetch a 2nd (It was actually the year before last in which Seattle and Indi couldnt get a 2nd for either) But pretty much we all know that as its been stated a million times==Besides that, Please state your arguments.

Obviously one, or both of you are San Diego homers. Im guessing your one of those people that think Turners going to get a 1st and third. You probably are also a homer that thought Donnie Edwards was going to get you a first round pick.

The fact of the matter is San Diego is a very favorable team for a Running back. Besides the good offensive scheme, when LT is not in the backfield most teams are not looking for a run. Combine the scheme + good offensive line + Cam Cameron's play calling and what do you get? Any Running back in the backfield is going to have great production. Wether it was Darren Sproles, Micheal Turner, or now Andrew Pinnock they have all had great production(great YPC). You dont think some teams will look at this, along with the fact hes(Turner) been out almost a month now with an injury?

In the year Lamont Jordan served as Curtis Martins primary backup he had 480 yards, while in Turners years backing up LT hes had no where over 375(he has 357 now) yards. Lamont Jordan also did not play in 3 games that year. Both got a few Td's but like I said Lamont did better.

In the draft Lamont was a secound rounder that many thought could start day 1, were Turner was a small school sleeper from the "Mac" that was a 5th round draft pick. While Turner has a cool name "the burner", hes basically a 4.5 speed guy which is just average in the NFL. Lamont Jordan was superior to him as a prospect(Like I said).

So lets get to RFA. The last and one of the only RFA's that got traded was Lav. Coles from the Jets to Washington. That was when washington went on a kick and signed a bunch of RFA's, but since then there hasnt been that much going on there. Trading RFA's rarely happens in the NFL ESPECIALLYYYYYY when every team knows the team(In this case the chargers) CAN NOT sign the player long term. Why would a NFL team send a high draft pick when they dont have to only one year later? ----So like I said, hell get RFA'ed, he likely wont get traded(And if he does not for a 1st round pick), and hell be a FA next year earning a huge contract.

So before you call someone out, next time both of you should check out your facts.

Also a few people in the thread may have lead to some confusion about the RFA. As stated theres a few different levels Turner can be tendered and they have been stated. The Tendering of any 3 year player, and all exclusive, or restricted free agents occurs AFTER the season ends. He will get tendered, and STILL may be traded this offseason. He will not see FA until next season, and that I can gaurentee you.

While what the Chargers will get for him seems like conjecture, I don't know what part of that wasn't correct. Jordan was drafted higher and while his rushing stats were less than Turner's, his value as a reciever could have arguably made him a better looking prospect than Turner.

Thankyou.

Ill respond to you both at once.

I dont deal with name calling, or insulting others and I surely wouldnt waste my time on a message board doing that. I deal in FACTS, and would like either of you to prove me wrong. You wont. I had one typo about the year of Edge and Sa not being able to fetch a 2nd (It was actually the year before last in which Seattle and Indi couldnt get a 2nd for either) But pretty much we all know that as its been stated a million times==Besides that, Please state your arguments.

Obviously one, or both of you are San Diego homers. Im guessing your one of those people that think Turners going to get a 1st and third. You probably are also a homer that thought Donnie Edwards was going to get you a first round pick.

The fact of the matter is San Diego is a very favorable team for a Running back. Besides the good offensive scheme, when LT is not in the backfield most teams are not looking for a run. Combine the scheme + good offensive line + Cam Cameron's play calling and what do you get? Any Running back in the backfield is going to have great production. Wether it was Darren Sproles, Micheal Turner, or now Andrew Pinnock they have all had great production(great YPC). You dont think some teams will look at this, along with the fact hes(Turner) been out almost a month now with an injury?

In the year Lamont Jordan served as Curtis Martins primary backup he had 480 yards, while in Turners years backing up LT hes had no where over 375(he has 357 now) yards. Lamont Jordan also did not play in 3 games that year. Both got a few Td's but like I said Lamont did better.

In the draft Lamont was a secound rounder that many thought could start day 1, were Turner was a small school sleeper from the "Mac" that was a 5th round draft pick. While Turner has a cool name "the burner", hes basically a 4.5 speed guy which is just average in the NFL. Lamont Jordan was superior to him as a prospect(Like I said).

So lets get to RFA. The last and one of the only RFA's that got traded was Lav. Coles from the Jets to Washington. That was when washington went on a kick and signed a bunch of RFA's, but since then there hasnt been that much going on there. Trading RFA's rarely happens in the NFL ESPECIALLYYYYYY when every team knows the team(In this case the chargers) CAN NOT sign the player long term. Why would a NFL team send a high draft pick when they dont have to only one year later? ----So like I said, hell get RFA'ed, he likely wont get traded(And if he does not for a 1st round pick), and hell be a FA next year earning a huge contract.

So before you call someone out, next time both of you should check out your facts.

Also a few people in the thread may have lead to some confusion about the RFA. As stated theres a few different levels Turner can be tendered and they have been stated. The Tendering of any 3 year player, and all exclusive, or restricted free agents occurs AFTER the season ends. He will get tendered, and STILL may be traded this offseason. He will not see FA until next season, and that I can gaurentee you.

Thankyou.

great post :dunno:

we have a winner :banana: