Sign in to follow this  
Jokinomx

Who did you have playing last night?

It was a fun game to watch.... I went against the crowd and played GB as my defense in our league's Superbowl....choosing not to play NE in Jacksonville...against a very capable Jax offense needing a win....

We start with 10 points and keep it as long as the opposing team doesn't score.... I ended up with 10... which isn't terrible.... the game should have been a shutout... they only gave up 3 first downs with a little over 100 yards total offense.... Farve throwing the interception for a TD cost me four....

My opponent had to play Ahman Green who gave him 10.80 points. His defense will be Pitt against an unpredictable Ravens offense.... and my next player will be LJ at Oak tomorrow night...

DT/ST TD = 6 points

Safety = 2 points

INT = 1 point

Fumble = 1 point

Sack = 1 point

Defensive

Points Allowed Points

-------------- -----

Shutout 10

2 - 6 8

7 - 10 6

11 - 14 4

15 - 19 2

20+ 0

Who did you have play last night? How did you do?

It was a fun game to watch.... I went against the crowd and played GB as my defense in our league's Superbowl....choosing not to play NE in Jacksonville...against a very capable Jax offense needing a win....

We start with 10 points and keep it as long as the opposing team doesn't score.... I ended up with 10... which isn't terrible.... the game should have been a shutout... they only gave up 3 first downs with a little over 100 yards total offense.... Farve throwing the interception for a TD cost me four....

My opponent had to play Ahman Green who gave him 10.80 points. His defense will be Pitt against an unpredictable Ravens offense.... and my next player will be LJ at Oak tomorrow night...

DT/ST TD = 6 points

Safety = 2 points

INT = 1 point

Fumble = 1 point

Sack = 1 point

Defensive

Points Allowed Points

-------------- -----

Shutout 10

2 - 6 8

7 - 10 6

11 - 14 4

15 - 19 2

20+ 0

Who did you have play last night? How did you do?

I played against Driver, Ahman, and Longwell...

I was happy that they did not do too much

Driver: 9.9 Points

Ahman: 6.9 Points

Longwell: 1 Point

These low outputs help the championship cause!

I played against Driver, Ahman, and Longwell...

I was happy that they did not do too much

Driver: 9.9 Points

Ahman: 6.9 Points

Longwell: 1 Point

These low outputs help the championship cause!

Hey... he put all his eggs in one basket... in our league...Minn D did well with 16 points...fortunately that was for the losers bracket...

Good luck... it looks like you on the right track...Driver had a great game...just no scores... in our league recievers get a point per reception... it really helps out in games like last night...

Hey... he put all his eggs in one basket... in our league...Minn D did well with 16 points...fortunately that was for the losers bracket...

Good luck... it looks like you on the right track...Driver had a great game...just no scores... in our league recievers get a point per reception... it really helps out in games like last night...

Thanks, to be honest my only concern in my game is his Baltimore Defense. He also has Vick, Javon Walker, Julius Jones and Tony Gonzalez.

I have more favorable match-ups with Brees, SJax, Colston, Wayne, Steve Smith, Pitt D, Hopefully Ronnie Brown.

PAFFL - SB (PPR):

Played CT and GB D (have started PIT all year) = 24.70 pts (CT = 9.7; GB D = 15, got the pts for shutout because the D didn't give-up the pts)

Played against: A Green (10.9) and Driver (18.9) = 29.8 pts

I feel fortunate to have played GB D over PIT because the Ravens have only allowed an avg of about 4 fantasy pts/gm to an opponsing D.

VAFFL - Playoffs:

Played Driver = 3 pts (3 pts for every 50 yds) :D

Missed the extra 3 pts by a freakin yd! I HATE THIS LEAGUE'S SCORING SYSTEM!!! I've tried for years to get them to change and they refuse. But, their my boys from childhood, so I can't quit. :mad:

picked up GB's def and they did well for me.

i dropped friggin' Carolina's def. you overrated jerks......... :D

I had GB's D & Driver. Just average productions in my mind. Hopefully the rest of my team can pick it up. Thankfully I decided at the last minute to sit Chester Taylor. I will now rely on Cedric Benson in flex to take his place.

Good luck to all!

For some dumb reason, FantasyBowl.Com doesn't distinguish offensive points points allowed from defensive points allowed. The league awards a 10 point bonus for a shutout. It doesn't give points for any other Points Allowed/Yardage. I started the Green Bay defense. So....after Smoot returned that INT for a touchdown for Minnesota, I lost those 10 points even though the Packers defense did not give them up. If it wasn't for that play, it would have been a shutout. So instead of 15 points, I got 5. Considering I also only got 5 points from Chester Taylor, I'm off to a horrible start.

Driver had a great game...just no scores... in our league recievers get a point per reception... it really helps out in games like last night...

:dunno:

For some dumb reason, FantasyBowl.Com doesn't distinguish offensive points points allowed from defensive points allowed. The league awards a 10 point bonus for a shutout. It doesn't give points for any other Points Allowed/Yardage. I started the Green Bay defense. So....after Smoot returned that INT for a touchdown for Minnesota, I lost those 10 points even though the Packers defense did not give them up. If it wasn't for that play, it would have been a shutout. So instead of 15 points, I got 5. Considering I also only got 5 points from Chester Taylor, I'm off to a horrible start.

See my post above. We use RTSports.

Being a Packer fan, I wanted to end the season playing all my Packers. So I ended up playing Brett Favre (9pts), Donald Driver (9pts), & Packers D/st (16pts).

*35 combined isnt bad, and it's only a 3rd Place Pride game.

you shouldn't lose points for GB's D...they didn't give up the points....any league that counted those points as points against should look into changing the rule next year.

you shouldn't lose points for GB's D...they didn't give up the points....any league that counted those points as points against should look into changing the rule next year.

I agree. FantasyBowl has a uniform scoring system throughout their leagues. It's not my main league. I play in one with all of my friends. I just wanted to draft a second team so I joined FantasyBowl because it offered the best payouts. It wasn't perfect, but overall I liked the way the site was ran. But I'm going to be really mad if I lose the superbowl because of this error.

I agree.... I am at Antsports and they do warn you about this rule... you have to consider the QB when playing your Defense.... here Minn had the fewest number of first downs in their teams history and I still end up being penalized.

Overall though I have to say... Antsports does a great job running the leagues. We had zero problems this year.... other than this rule. I really do like the point for each reception... there are so many receivers that make very important first downs.... but really don't get a ton of yardage.....

Good luck...

picked up GB's def and they did well for me.

i dropped friggin' Carolina's def. you overrated jerks......... :banana:

Yeah... I know what you mean...I drafted the Panthers as my first defense... I ended up picking up NE off of waivers and they kept me sane... I am in the superbowl this week against a very good team... so I looked at the matchups and have everyone of my players playing weak teams....

Three players from Frisco...Smith, Gore and Battle against Ariz.....

LJ vs Oak....

Galloway against Cleve

I was going to play A.Smith TE with TBB but decided against it.... will stick with Crumpler...

Rackers at Frisco

and then the Pack against Minn

I like my chances...

My opposition....

Roth as Qb against the Ravens...

A. Green vs Minn...

Tiki at NO

C. Johnson at Den

J. Walker vs Cinn

A. Gates at Seattle

Kaeding at Seattle (K)

Steelers vs Ravens

PAFFL - SB (PPR):

Played CT and GB D (have started PIT all year) = 24.70 pts (CT = 9.7; GB D = 15, got the pts for shutout because the D didn't give-up the pts)

I feel fortunate to have played GB D over PIT because the Ravens have only allowed an avg of about 4 fantasy pts/gm to an opponsing D.

That is good to hear... my fellow superbowl opponent is playing the Pittsburg D against the Ravens...

I like my chances this week....

He has the best team in our league...ended up with a 10-3 record with mine being 9-4.... we haven't played each other all season...just the way the schedule ended up... so we meet in the SB and I had to take some risks ...but I think I have a chance...

Good Luck in yours....

:blink:

Well, I'm in the final... and I started Minnesota's D

he had Farve and changed his mind and put in Jackson (yes, the QB from MIN) at the last minute.

not good for him, but I dont mind.

Green 10 points.. other option was taylor 9 points.. as long as SA does better than 9 it's the best i could do with what I have for the superbowl with RB's

Rayner :banana:

I was debating between him, Rackers, and Nedney this week. The other two might have good days too, but I'm happy with the 11 points I picked up last night. Would have been great if Rayner hadn't missed those 2.

I had Donald Driver and Jermaine Wiggins (my injuries were hell at TE in a 12 team league - absolutely squat left on the wire). He had Minnesota D.

I'm down 19-9. :clap:

But hey, I've already royally pissed off the commisioner because I beat him in the semi-finals. I'm a girl, and he's, well, not, and apparently takes my last-second beating of him as an insult to his manhood.:pointstosky: