Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

gonna miss u guys, till next year, if i am still alive...

You have to make it because I don't have another kala jeera connection. :thumbsdown:

I'll be praying for ya too buddy. It's funny, I don't know your name and you don't know mine but you're right, family can be found here. You were one of the first people who made me feel welcome here and I will always appreciate that. Don't be afraid to tell the people close to you that you love them because you never know what tomorrow may bring. But in your case, I predict 2007 will be a banner year for you, the year you beat cancer and start life anew. Keep the faith my friend.

You can beat it my brother,gots alot to look foward to.beat that shiot biotch.f'n beat it!!!hear me? BEAT IT DUDE YA HEAR BEAT IT! GO GET LAID...SEE YA IN 07 I need your take on the whole bush/mcalister thing...i'm thinking i'm gonna keep bush.Opinion?

As someone stated earlier, and as Jimmy V stated earlier than that, "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Good luck. Stay strong and keep your head up. Thoughts and prayers. :angry:

Omarkal,i'm your same age and i'm curious as to what your symptoms were.How did you find out that you had this bloody ###### up thing?

Remenber God is still the master healer........nothing is too big or too small for him to handle. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

That's right Jesus can heal anything just remember that, we want you back so stay strong and keep the faith because we believe you'll beat it. God Bless

Here's to the power of prayer, faith, positive thinking, and your full recovery.

Also reminds me of the need to get in for a physical. Hope everyone else is staying up on their health. Its easy for us to be consumed with sports and games and such but our health is priority #1.

:thumbsup:

made lots of friends here. Fantasy football rocks.Got diagnosed with prostate cancer but i will fight it and be back with a vengence next year. Consider folks here like family and i know that i have your support regardless of what you think of me.

Will be in touch and have a great new year.

O

Good luck dude.

Tons of guys survive this, so chances are good for ya.

look at the bright side - you'll have many, many, many people performing digital rectal insertion on you? :mad:

ok, no - sorry. my bad. :P

The real bright side is that you're going to beat this thing and move on with your long and fruitful life. Maybe win a nobel prize or get to fock a supermodel someday.

:wacko:

So O,

What kind of treatment are you going for? It seems like cryotherapy has seen quite a bit of success lately and so has seed therapy. Whatever treatment you go for, good luck and God bless.

First of all let me appologize for not responding to all the wonderful people that sent their support. You have no idea how much this means to me. Its just been tough since i have been in denial but have to realize that i have to face this thing and beat the hell out of it. The good thing is that it was caught early and my docs are saying since i am young, my body can fight this and beat it.

No words can describe what it means to have people that only know me by omarkal from fantasy football today, who have send their support and encouragement that i was lacking due to being a loner.

You guys rock, and are MY FAMILY. I will NEVER forget the folks who have responded.

I am going to be moving back to Cleveland Ohio(from there originaly) and more then likely get treated at the Cleveland Clinic(which is down the road from where i live, downtown cleveland).

I will keep you guys posted, and feel very strong and battle ready.

Thank you again and God Bless You All

Omar

Where in Cleveland? I spent some time living in Mayfield Hghts, University Hghts, and Euclid....

Through God all things are possible!

Stay positive. Think positive thoughts. Read positive material. There have been many advances made in the medical field over the past several years. I know of and have worked with many people who have made full recoveries.

You are in my prayers. And like many here, we expect to see you back next year!

:headbanger:

ETA: I had family in Shaker and Bedford Heights....but they all moved down south.

Your posts are always well thought out and informative. You detected this early, which means everything in fighting it. Godspeed to you and your family. :banana:

Omarkal (as well as others who have posted their stories in this thread about their own illness) - my thoughts and prayers with all of you. I can't imagine what you must be going through but you all sound very strong and ready to beat this. Hope you have a much happier and healthier 2007 and beyond.

Dude, you've probably heard all these stats, but they're very encouraging.

Overall, 99% of men diagnosed with prostate cancer survive at least five years. Further, 92% survive at least 10 years, and 61% survive at least 15 years.

Ninety percent of all prostate cancers are found while they are still within the prostate or only in nearby areas. The five-year relative survival rate for these men is nearly 100%.

As a guy fighting an incurable disease, I know how important attitude is. I've been awaiting a double-lung transplant for over a year, and nobody knows how long I may have to wait. I've been diagnosed almost 4 years, and I can tell you how crucial it is that you maintain a healthy mind set, and that you become your own top physician. Read every bit of info you can; ask questions of the doctors. It's your body, your life; nobody has a more vested interest than you. I actually had a doctor tell me "the surgery is really no big deal", to which I replied "Guess that depends which side of the knife you're on". It's not that they don't care, it's just that they have 20 prostate cancers to deal with. You have only one; the most important one.

Mentally, you must stay positive. Follow healthy food/drink guidelines; get some exercise; use meditation, yoga, positive reading materials, faith...whatever keeps you focused on the things you can do to succeed, not this thing that's trying to make you fail. The stronger you can be physically and mentally, the better you'll handle treatment and recovery. And that's what we're all focused on.

You can handle this. You're a young man with much to live for. Hell, you haven't even gotten to the best part of life yet. Look forward to seeing you there. Rock on!

Everyone has their problems and really they are all just character builders in the grand scheme of things.

Remember always, Champions Adjust....

Coming from someone who has battled/battling a mental illness cause I have some not-so-great genes my grandapa passed on to me, I myself did this and found it extremly helpful.

email me your address to: bryberns@gmail.com

I'll send you one of these wristbands found below, I bought a couple extra.....

Jimmy V Wristband

Instead of waking up every morning have your mind wandering, take a look at your wristband and think of how lucky you are to be on this earth and be able to watch football, play fantasy, and enjoy the little things in life, like how much nonsense goes on in these boards. It's a wacky world we live in and God throws us 12 to 6 curveballs all the time. You just have to adjust and play with the cards were dealt.

Like I said, and like everyone will tell you over and over again.....

"don't give up, don't ever give up"

Good luck man, see you next year.....

I know you can beat it man, just find that inner strength that we all have within us and face it head on.. Best of luck brother

Get well and come back asap. May God heal you and be with you thru this difficult time. We're all here for you if you need support as it sounds like you don't have a lot of family around.

Cancer has touched many of our lives, whether it be ourselves or a loved one.

Stay strong and all will go well! Cancer IS beatable..... and you CAN bat it!

:cry:

who are you?

beat it like a drum :cry:

Good luck omarkal.

Make sure your back here next season. :headbanger:

Good luck man.

Put it in your mind that you will beat it, not can....WILL.

The human mind is a powerful thing.

:headbanger:

Hey man,

Don't know if I've actually talked to you or met you, but this is FFToday, and there is definately an unspoken comrodery among us all. Sure, we talk trash, insult each other's FF intelligence, and even take a shot or two at each other's mothers.....but we all love football and that common bond is special no matter what.

Like I said, I don't think we've had the pleasure of talking, but we're all family here.

Good luck, sir. I will be praying for your full and speedy recovery. FOCK CANCER!!!!!

Never talked with you, but I really am very sorry to hear about your health issues. Sounds like you have a great attitude though - keep fighting and I'm sure you're gonna be alright. Thoughts & prayers for you and your family. <_<

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

BTW I thank you for opening up our eyes to what you are going through. I know your honesty has me thinking about yearly physical exams more than ever.

Are you able to share how you were diagnosed or what symptoms caused you to be screened?

Good luck friend.

We'll be thinking good thoughts for you, and hoping for the best. In the meantime, as Warren Zevon said, "Enjoy every sandwich."

See you back here later this year.

Mom's been on Gleevec for 4 years now. Keeping her alive from intestinal/liver cancer. Look into it, don't know if it works for prostate or not.

made lots of friends here. Fantasy football rocks.Got diagnosed with prostate cancer but i will fight it and be back with a vengence next year. Consider folks here like family and i know that i have your support regardless of what you think of me.

Will be in touch and have a great new year.

O

Go kick some ass and get back soon!