Sign in to follow this  
shake_a_leg

DARRENT WILLIAMS SHOT AND KILLED

Shot and killed last night leaving a Denver nightclub getting in a limo. No links anywhere, but tune into ESPN2 or ESPN Radio right now.

Darrent played 40 miles down the road from me at Oklahoma State. He was an electric player to watch in college. What a tragedy. :cheers:

Very little good happens after 1 AM in public.......

Darrent played 40 miles down the road from me at Oklahoma State. He was an electric player to watch in college. What a tragedy. :banana:

Very little good happens after 1 AM in public.......

you seem to know a lot about the situation. certainly raises my suspicions :cheers:

We just don't realize what's really going on in Pro Sports. This is sad.

mostly pro football, it seems.

the league is a pr nightmare and has been for quite some time. but as long as everyone can take cash baths we'll all look the other way at the annual gangsta behavior, beatings, and killings.

It's all the more sad because, iirc, Williams' offseason charitable activity of choice is to talk to young kids about staying out of gangs.

Yeah, but this is different from other "shootings" from NFL players... It's not like he was in a parking lot at 2am...

He was in his limo, they were stopped, and a car pulled up to them and opened fire! Killing Darrent!

Tragic :pointstosky:

I've heard it possibly stemmed from a bar arguement and that Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall were also in the limo.

I've heard it possibly stemmed from a bar arguement and that Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall were also in the limo.

I've heard no such thing!

Pete, I read the same thing on rocky mountain news. They di dnot mention Brandon Marshall but they did mention Javon Walker.

Instead of starting stupid rumors that you heard, why don't you provide links and fact.

9News is now reporting that Walker was in the limo too. Link

According to Denver Police, Williams was killed in an early morning shooting after someone with a gun pulled up alongside the white Hummer stretch limousine he and wide receiver Javon Walker were riding in and fired multiple shots.

I watched the police presser, and they didn't say anything about Walker or Marshall...

The news people did say earlier though that they interviewed Marshall, and Marshall was shocked and stunned, as was the rest of the team.

Foxworth was admitted into the hostpital as well, but they refuse to say whether it was a related incident or not!

And yeah, apparently Walker was in the car, but wasn't shot! Thank God!!!

Didn't Allen Iverson just get traded to Denver? Odd.

This IS an overlooked fact!!! :doublethumbsup:

I watched the police presser, and they didn't say anything about Walker or Marshall...

The news people did say earlier though that they interviewed Marshall, and Marshall was shocked and stunned, as was the rest of the team.

Foxworth was admitted into the hostpital as well, but they refuse to say whether it was a related incident or not!

And yeah, apparently Walker was in the car, but wasn't shot! Thank God!!!

whos foxworth? should i have read the entire thread?

and where WAS this shooting? was it by Coors Field? LoDo? a nice area? the hood?

an awful tragedy..i dont what people are thinking and i blame 50 cent...

how good are the roads yet?...it seemed on tv as if there was a still alot of snow around....

this is a local resident..no out of towner is going to denver after 54 inches of snow...navigate the hills and snow and do a 1 mph drive by....

how fast could they have gone?...i hope they catch the loser/s soon...

Didn't Allen Iverson just get traded to Denver? Odd.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network said Williams, Javon Walker, and Brandon Marshall were leaving Carmelo Anthony's New Year's Eve party and they were loading the Hummer limousine to head to Allen Iverson's party. Then the shooting happened. Darrent Williams supposedly died in the laps of Javon Walker.

whos foxworth? should i have read the entire thread?

and where WAS this shooting? was it by Coors Field? LoDo? a nice area? the hood?

an awful tragedy..i dont what people are thinking and i blame 50 cent...

Foxworth .. as in Doninique Foxworth our 3rd CB.

And it was 11th & Speers (kinda downtown)

And this will give Walker and Marshall the motivation to each have 1500yard seasons next year, and they'll dedicate the SuperBowl in rememberance of Darrent Williams!!!

Adam Schefter of NFL Network said Williams, Javon Walker, and Brandon Marshall were leaving Carmelo Anthony's New Year's Eve party and they were loading the Hummer limousine to head to Allen Iverson's party. Then the shooting happened. Darrent Williams supposedly died in the laps of Javon Walker.

Actually, Schefter reported that Marshall told Walker and Williams to leave Anthony's party after a run-in with some gangbangers and then the gangbangers went out after them and yes he did report that Williams died in Walker's lap.

Foxworth .. as in Doninique Foxworth our 3rd CB.

And it was 11th & Speers (kinda downtown)

And this will give Walker and Marshall the motivation to each have 1500yard seasons next year, and they'll dedicate the SuperBowl in rememberance of Darrent Williams!!!

Geez if it takes a murder to motivate NFL players to perform.... :blink:

Actually, Schefter reported that Marshall told Walker and Williams to leave Anthony's party after a run-in with some gangbangers and then the gangbangers went out after them and yes he did report that Williams died in Walker's lap.

kay

somebody should know who these guys are then.

That really sucks. It's too bad that the whole MTV/rap/krunk (or whatever the fock it's called nowadays ) culture glorifies this sheit. What a sad excuse for a society we have become :banana: I guess we reap what we sow.

That really sucks. It's too bad that the whole MTV/rap/krunk (or whatever the fock it's called nowadays ) culture glorifies this sheit. What a sad excuse for a society we have become :banana: I guess we reap what we sow.

yep, after i heard it was connected to a par-tay at carmello's pad--and only there as a pit stop before going to AI's house, it all made sense, tragically.

the same, boring, idiotic, tragic script. again. and again. and again.

yep, after i heard it was connected to a par-tay at carmello's pad--and only there as a pit stop before going to AI's house, it all made sense, tragically.

the same, boring, idiotic, tragic script. again. and again. and again.

I agree with this. These guys come from bad neighborhoods for the most part and I do not think they even understand when they are hanging out in bad situations. I saw with carmello last media show they broke out that tape he made telling people not to cooperate with police when they wit a crime. It just shows you how a lot of these guys came up. :banana:

I agree with this. These guys come from bad neighborhoods for the most part and I do not think they even understand when they are hanging out in bad situations. I saw with carmello last media show they broke out that tape he made telling people not to cooperate with police when they wit a crime. It just shows you how a lot of these guys came up. :banana:

no doubt someone accidentally bumped into someone or said something bad about someone's shoes--which, of course, leaves one no room but to pop a cap in someone's ass.

stupid.

That really sucks. It's too bad that the whole MTV/rap/krunk (or whatever the fock it's called nowadays ) culture glorifies this sheit. What a sad excuse for a society we have become :thumbsdown: I guess we reap what we sow.

Um, it's more that it is reality. If you remember, Carmelo Anthony was in the background of that street film "Don't Snitch" or something to that effect.

The truth is, a lot of these guys come up from the mean streets of LA, Baltimore, Chicago, etc. and get entangled with gangs, etc. Only a few who have great athletic ability make it into the NBA, NFL, or wherever. They are young millionaires and still caught up in their street lives. How does one leave that? Do you pay them off? Once in a gang, it's for life...no?

I know it's all speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if this and Tank Johnson's bodyguard's killings were gang related.

On a tangent, I am sure incidents like this encourage players to carry guns.