Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Thank you Bill Cowher

I'm not a Steelers fan, but I think Bill Cowher was/is one of the best coaches we've been able to watch the last 15 years. His intensity and passion for football made the guy a great coach.

If you think about all the cocky players and egomaniacs in the league.....no Steelers come to mind (well, possibly Joey Porter). Cowher coached his teams with class and dignity and his players reflected that on the field.

My best Cowher memory is when he about tackled the Jaguar player after he intercepted a ball and ran past Cowher....funny stuff!!

Hey Saban, watch how a coach with character and integrity walks away from his team.

Good luck Cowher in whatever your future plans are......I'm sure we'll see him back in football, til then I hope he enjoys doing whatever it is he'll do.

I'm not a Steelers fan, but I think Bill Cowher was/is one of the best coaches we've been able to watch the last 15 years. His intensity and passion for football made the guy a great coach.

If you think about all the cocky players and egomaniacs in the league.....no Steelers come to mind (well, possibly Joey Porter). Cowher coached his teams with class and dignity and his players reflected that on the field.

My best Cowher memory is when he about tackled the Jaguar player after he intercepted a ball and ran past Cowher....funny stuff!!

Hey Saban, watch how a coach with character and integrity walks away from his team.

Good luck Cowher in whatever your future plans are......I'm sure we'll see him back in football, til then I hope he enjoys doing whatever it is he'll do.

<_<

I am a life long Stiller fan. I will truly miss coach Caaaaher. If he coaches again (and I'm sure he will) I will likely adopt that team (as my number 2 that is). Thanks coach.

:unsure:

Ever since the days of him crying and holding Cordell Stewart like a little baby i've dissliked him and still do. IMO he got lucky to win the bigone last year.

Sorry to all who have man love for him.

Just my oppinion.

Lifelong Burgh fan here...anybody who says Bill Cowher got "lucky" at anything is on something illegal. You don't stay 15 years in a job that has an average tenure of 3 yrs or something and compile a hall of fame resume by luck. No team has a better winning % in the time since Billy took over and nobody has been better at having his team be a contender year in and year out. Good luck Bill, enjoy your time off, you will be missed.

BTW: My official vote (as if I have one) is for Whisenhut to get the gig.

Hey a little irony for you Steeler fans.

The day Bill Cowher holds the press conference to announce he is stepping down is on Chuck Knolls birthday!

Happy 75th Chuck! For your present....we're giving you your old coaching job back.

Ever since the days of him crying and holding Cordell Stewart like a little baby i've dissliked him and still do. IMO he got lucky to win the bigone last year.

Sorry to all who have man love for him.

Just my oppinion.

I'm not a Steeler fan, but that's just stupid. Who gets "lucky" and wins a superbowl? :wacko:

Good bye! Like Ray Charles sang "Hit The Road Jack" (and don'tcha come back no more) Good riddance now that we got rid of him maybe the Steelers can win some more championships. I don't care about his record with the talent the Steelers had during his 15 years we should have won 4 Superbowls. You people think just because he was around for 15 years and won a Superbowl he's great. First of all if he was great we would have won 3 or 4 Superbowls in those years and secondly the Rooney's keep their coachs for years.

Now before you fling alot of insults at me read what Rooney said about the team. He doesn't plan on going out and make alot of changes because he felt and feels like every Steeler fan that this team was good enough to repeat as champions but since Bill (your God) didn't give a crap because he wanted to quit the Steelers only ended up 8-8. "Thanks Bill" On another note Palamalu isn't as great as you may think either.

When he was out the Steelers won 3 games giveing up only 10 points. He comes back and runs around against the Bengals only to get burned twice almost costing us the game. Wow he gets in and sacks the QB 4 or 5 times a year, but how many times does he get burnt by trying to get to the QB 10 or 12. It's not worth the trade off in my books. This is your Capt. telling you like it is, if it hurts too bad you'll get over when you start really watching the game instead of reading about it or looking at highlights.

Tell us how you really feel :wacko:

And you're a Steelers fan!

Good bye! Like Ray Charles sang "Hit The Road Jack" (and don'tcha come back no more) Good riddance now that we got rid of him maybe the Steelers can win some more championships. I don't care about his record with the talent the Steelers had during his 15 years we should have won 4 Superbowls. You people think just because he was around for 15 years and won a Superbowl he's great. First of all if he was great we would have won 3 or 4 Superbowls in those years and secondly the Rooney's keep their coachs for years.

Now before you fling alot of insults at me read what Rooney said about the team. He doesn't plan on going out and make alot of changes because he felt and feels like every Steeler fan that this team was good enough to repeat as champions but since Bill (your God) didn't give a crap because he wanted to quit the Steelers only ended up 8-8. "Thanks Bill" On another note Palamalu isn't as great as you may think either.

When he was out the Steelers won 3 games giveing up only 10 points. He comes back and runs around against the Bengals only to get burned twice almost costing us the game. Wow he gets in and sacks the QB 4 or 5 times a year, but how many times does he get burnt by trying to get to the QB 10 or 12. It's not worth the trade off in my books. This is your Capt. telling you like it is, if it hurts too bad you'll get over when you start really watching the game instead of reading about it or looking at highlights.

I watched every Steeler game this year, and you my friend are on drugs.

You try to win a Super Bowl with Kordell Stewart or Neil O'Donnell.

Tell us how you really feel :lol:

And you're a Steelers fan!

Get real why are you content with only one Superbowl in 15 years. I don't know how long you have been a Steeler fan but if you have been one at least for the last 15 years you know we should have won more Superbowls. Where's your drive to exceed? Why are you happy with mediocrity? You have got to strive for perfection, and not settle for anything less. Not only does this apply for Steeler fans but more important to life. If you got a B and everybody is happy for you, are you really happy with it, when you know if you applied yourself you could have easily got an A?

Get real why are you content with only one Superbowl in 15 years. I don't know how long you have been a Steeler fan but if you have been one at least for the last 15 years you know we should have won more Superbowls. Where's your drive to exceed? Why are you happy with mediocrity? You have got to strive for perfection, and not settle for anything less. Not only does this apply for Steeler fans but more important to life. If you got a B and everybody is happy for you, are you really happy with it, when you know if you applied yourself you could have easily got an A?

Try some decaf buddy. 15 whole years? Wow. For 12 of his years as HC, he had no steady QB play. It's amazing that the team got to some of the AFC Championship games that they did.

On another note Palamalu isn't as great as you may think either.

When he was out the Steelers won 3 games giveing up only 10 points. He comes back and runs around against the Bengals only to get burned twice almost costing us the game.

Yeah the 3 games were TB, Cleveland and Carolina. And if he quit on the team as a coach, he would have at 2-6. He wouldn't have stuck it out and gone 6-2 the rest of the way. Give me a break. You obviously have a beef with Cowher for some unknown reason.

Try some decaf buddy. 15 whole years? Wow. For 12 of his years as HC, he had no steady QB play. It's amazing that the team got to some of the AFC Championship games that they did.

Yeah the 3 games were TB, Cleveland and Carolina.

Yeah, Carolina with Wanker Weinke at QB. The 70's Steelers D would give up some points the current Bengals, that offense is that good. But since the subject was brought up, Polamalu isn't maybe the best cover-safety in the league, and in my opinion he has had a down season comparitively. The Steelers D is built on stopping the run and taking chances to create havoc. When you start 2-6 and are constantly playing from behind, it changes the way you play overall. He's also been injured this year. Polamalu is nowhere near overrated, in fact the most overrated safety in the league wears a star on his helmet and answers to the name of Roy Williams, and yet he's going to another pro bowl.

I'm not a Steeler fan......I stated that in my opening statement. I'm a Broncos fan (screw the Niners). I just have alot of respect for Cowher....I think he's a great coach and a stand up guy.

I don't see all the talent you're talking about? Maddox, O'Donnel, Batch.......they always had pretty good defenses, but I believe they were made by the system. I think Cowher usually got the most out of what he had.

No way!! You are crazy!! They were not better than the Cowboys, Niners, and Pats, oh yeah Rams...that about fills up your 15 years!!! Oh yeah Denver..no shot at winning any of those super bowls!!!

I'm not a Steeler fan......I stated that in my opening statement. I'm a Broncos fan (screw the Niners). I just have alot of respect for Cowher....I think he's a great coach and a stand up guy.

I don't see all the talent you're talking about? Maddox, O'Donnel, Batch.......they always had pretty good defenses, but I believe they were made by the system. I think Cowher usually got the most out of what he had.

Screw the 9ers? Awwwwwwwww you mad because your poor little Broncos have to watch the playoffs like :lol: ? And have no chance at :D ?

Screw the 9ers? Awwwwwwwww you mad because your poor little Broncos have to watch the playoffs like :lol: ? And have no chance at :D ?

Uh...yep that about sums it up...lol :(

There should have been probably 2 other Superbowl wins during his tenure with the Steelers. I have no doubt that, despite their "Dynasty" tag, the Dallas Cowboys in 1995 were not the better team. They just happened to have the best player helping them, Neill O'Donnell. The problem with your argument is two-fold: First, perfection is an illusion. It's fine and dandy to strive for it, but you and everyone else should realize that you'll never get there because it doesn't exist. Second, many other teams are "striving for perfection" as well, and only one gets the closest. Football is such a "random" game that one bad bounce, one bad call, one misstep can affect the outcome. O'Donnell threw 3 interceptions that game, were those Cowher's fault? If he throws only the first 2 of them, the Steelers win that game, going away. Dallas could no longer stop them and could no longer move the ball on offense, but when Brown returned that last one inside the 10, their fate was sealed. And in 97 and 2001 the Steelers probably should have had one of those teams go onto win, again, against Denver interceptions killed them.

Let's remember that during his time as coach the Steelers never were worse than "mediocre". Chuck Noll had the benefit of several years of high draft picks to build his core from. Cowher has continually renewed his team, keeping them at "contender" status for the vast majority of the time, without those high picks and in a free-agent system set up to rob the rich to pay the poor. No other team in the NFL has lost the caliber of players and coaches the Steelers have lost over the years and remained as competitive year in and year out. Cowher has done all that a coach can do, and all that an organization and it's fans can ask. Let's just hope that Steelers coach #3 of my lifetime will be as "bad" as the first two...

I think I heard the other day that the Steelers have the best winning percentage since 1992 when he came around.

2nd was the Packers which coincides with Favre coming in.

He will be back...next year for a crap ton of $$$ somewhere.

He will be back...next year for a crap ton of $$$ somewhere.

dallas

washinton

atlanta

owners with the deepest pockets that are willing to throw $$$$$ around

I watched every Steeler game this year, and you my friend are on drugs.

You try to win a Super Bowl with Kordell Stewart or Neil O'Donnell.

Why does everyone try to prove me wrong by really proving me right. You always say what a great job he did with Kordell Stewart. My point exactly, a good coach would have played some other QB. As far as the talent, I wasn't just referring to the offense I mostly was talking about the defense. If some other team hires him a couple of years from now I gurantee you he will not win with them. He benefitted from a good bunch of talented players when he took over and some fine drafts. Cowher is nothing more than an average coach. If you play 5 AFC Championships at home and only win 1 you sir suck as a coach. You have the home crowd, your own stadium and you get out coached 4 times, how can anyone say you were a great coach? Oh by the way to get to those championship games you had to have alot of talent.

I've never liked the Steelers at all, but Cowher was a classy guy nonetheless and I wish him the best and hope to see him back in football soon :blink:

Why does everyone try to prove me wrong by really proving me right. You always say what a great job he did with Kordell Stewart. My point exactly, a good coach would have played some other QB. As far as the talent, I wasn't just referring to the offense I mostly was talking about the defense. If some other team hires him a couple of years from now I gurantee you he will not win with them. He benefitted from a good bunch of talented players when he took over and some fine drafts. Cowher is nothing more than an average coach. If you play 5 AFC Championships at home and only win 1 you sir suck as a coach. You have the home crowd, your own stadium and you get out coached 4 times, how can anyone say you were a great coach? Oh by the way to get to those championship games you had to have alot of talent.

Dude...you are so far off base here it is not even funny. Nobody has proven you right...

A good coach may not have had anything better than Kordell.

You don't get the highest winning percentage in the NFL during a career span by not being a great coach.

Let's remember that during his time as coach the Steelers never were worse than "mediocre". Chuck Noll had the benefit of several years of high draft picks to build his core from. Cowher has continually renewed his team, keeping them at "contender" status for the vast majority of the time, without those high picks and in a free-agent system set up to rob the rich to pay the poor. No other team in the NFL has lost the caliber of players and coaches the Steelers have lost over the years and remained as competitive year in and year out. Cowher has done all that a coach can do, and all that an organization and it's fans can ask. Let's just hope that Steelers coach #3 of my lifetime will be as "bad" as the first two...

Exactly, Capt. America should kiss Cowher's azz for bringing that type of stability to a team for that many years. 1 SB in 15 yrs isn't too shabby, either. As an Eagles fan, I'd kill (well, maybe seriously maim) for that type of track record! Be carfeful what you wish for Captain, your next HC could be the first in a long line of BAD HCs!

As I stated........that is a first class man right there.

Hey Nick Saban, was you watching. If you want to leave and not be a "victim" as you put it, you leave like that.

So, now the question is: Where will Bill Cowher surface next?

If you play 5 AFC Championships at home and only win 1 you sir suck as a coach.

I'm sorry, I just have to :dunno: at this. How many coaches can even say they made it to the conference championship?

You sir, are a clueless shmuck.

Home field advantage doesn't work when you have fans such as yourself.

It's not like they had Peyton Manning on the bench behind Kordell. Who else did they have? Tomczak? NO ONE!!!! Every team other then SD that they played at home in AFC Championship games were the better team.

15 years can you imagine how many championships the Steelers would have had if we had Bill Belichick.

15 years can you imagine how many championships the Steelers would have had if we had Mike Ditka.

15 years can you imagine how many championships the Steelers would have had if we had Schottenheimer.

15 years can you imagine how many championships the Steelers would have had if we had Bill Parcells.

But wait we won alot of divisonal titles (Ravens, Browns, and Bengals) like how many times were they competitive? That right there almost gurantees you 6 wins so all you had to do is win 4 out of 10 and your in the playoffs with a 10-6 record. Yea thanks Bill for taking us to the AFC Championships and having us talking Superbowl only to disappoint us with a loss. Yea, thanks for the memories too bad there weren't many happy ones. Chuck Noll 4 Superbowl Championships now there's some memories!

15 years can you imagine how many championships the Steelers would have had if we had Bill Belichick.

15 years can you imagine how many championships the Steelers would have had if we had Mike Ditka.

15 years can you imagine how many championships the Steelers would have had if we had Schottenheimer.

15 years can you imagine how many championships the Steelers would have had if we had Bill Parcells.

But wait we won alot of divisonal titles (Ravens, Browns, and Bengals) like how many times were they competitive? That right there almost gurantees you 6 wins so all you had to do is win 4 out of 10 and your in the playoffs with a 10-6 record. Yea thanks Bill for taking us to the AFC Championships and having us talking Superbowl only to disappoint us with a loss. Yea, thanks for the memories too bad there weren't many happy ones. Chuck Noll 4 Superbowl Championships now there's some memories!

Someone please tell me he didn't just say Schottenheimer ....you can tell he is just messing around now!!!!

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!

:thumbsdown:

Sorry, you lost any and all credibility with your last post.

Cowher was/is a class act and a great coach that is destined for the HOF. 15 years, 10 Playoffs, 5 AFC Championship games, and 1 SB. Best record since 1995 with 149 wins.

His next job will be a highly lucrative job. Nice going Bill. Every Steeler fan but Captian Sheet4Brains will miss you.

I am not a Steelers fan either

Please stop saying "we", you are not a true Steeler fan. :wall:

You are a moron! How many teams in this league can say they are a contender every year? Cowher has always put together a contender. A majority of the teams in this league cannot boast that. They are too busy playing musical chairs with their coaches trying to bring in the next hot shot only to can him 2-3 years later. The Steelers found a great coach and stuck with him. He averaged almost 10 wins a season. Noll was a great coach, but he coached in a different era. Sure there have been disappointments along the way, but I'd rather be disappointed after a tough loss in the AFC title game then after another 4-12 season (like many teams do). Look at the facts before you critisize a great coach rather then play "coach" around the watercooler and chastize him for the very few mistakes he did make. Steeler fans have been lucky to have the stability at a position that very few teams can boast. He does have one more Superbowl win then a majority of the coaches to enter the NFL and you. :wall:

"The Chin" was a great coach and he will be missed. Too bad i will never see him spit on another steelers player again :-(

I respected him until he mocked Cincinnati's "Who Dey" chant.....twice.

If a player does it, that's fine. Chad Johnson, Housh, Joey Porter can mouth off, mock, even disrespect the other team using towels as props all they want. That's acceptable.

Coaches shouldn't do that.

I respected him until he mocked Cincinnati's "Who Dey" chant.....twice.

If a player does it, that's fine. Chad Johnson, Housh, Joey Porter can mouth off, mock, even disrespect the other team using towels as props all they want. That's acceptable.

Coaches shouldn't do that.

:banana: :dunno: :P