Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Recipe suggestions?

Peanut butter and Whelch's jelly.

:rolleyes:

You don't want to cook the shrimp long at all.... just enough to get it pink on each side - about 3-4 minutes for large shrimp, 2-1/2 - 3-1/2 minutes for medium sized and 2 - 2-1/2 minutes for small. Don't overcook or it will be tough.

As for starting it tonight - You should 'prepare' everything tonight: Chop up your garlic, mix your olive oil with the spices you want it to have... put it into the bowl you will serve it in and cover it. (tomorrow night, simply put the bowl in the microwave 5 minutes before bringing it to the table). You can prepare the salad, cover and refrigerate it... wrap your bread in foil so that it's ready to go into the oven to be warmed tomorrow night. Wash and de-vein your shrimp tonight.... set your table tonight so you don't have to worry about that at the last minute (don't forget the candles!) Get your soft music CD's selected and ready in the CD player (candle-light dinners must accompany the proper music) Get your wine chilling tonight.

:rolleyes: You should be good to go!

I typed parmesan and then deleted... just because I have this thing for feta cheese right now. But parmesan is definitely :rolleyes: with this too!

Man you sound so high-maintenance....everything is always so romantic, candles, back rubs, soft music, wineeeeeeeee...... :lol:

How about dinner, some beer and some live music, then take her back to your place and have HER make breakfast..... :doh:

Man you sound so high-maintenance....everything is always so romantic, candles, back rubs, soft music, wineeeeeeeee...... :banana:

How about dinner, some beer and some live music, then take her back to your place and have HER make breakfast..... :banana:

Nothing wrong with dinner, some nice cold beers and some live music! :banana:

High maintenance? I don't consider myself to be so. I actually like the simple things in life. Didn't realize candles, wine, good music and giving and receiving back rubs were considered 'high maintenance'. :banana:

It's been a really slow January at the office. :thumbsup:

no one drinks coffee in January?

A nice pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

Good one Chet :banana:

1. Cut a hole in a box

2. Put your junk in the box

3. Serve the Box for Dinner

TNG -

Last night I de-shelled and -veined the shrimps, also took the tails off (figured that'd be easier with pasta) and dusted them with some cajun seasoning, sliced the basil, onions and garlic (paper-thin so they'll desolve faster in oil), made a romaine salad (looks pretty good), I've got a crusty Italian bread and a bottle of pinot grigio chillin.

Am I going to need some sauce for the shrimps? It'll be garlic/buttery but I'm not sure that's going to be enough with the capellini. I also made the stupid mistake of sprinkling the shrimp with basic before cooking - I'm hoping that won't fock stuff up. I cut about 3 garlic cloves and figure that will be more than enough - prolly won't use all of it.

Am I set? Anything else I need to worry about? My house is clean and I'm going to set the table, shower and change clothes all that good stuff when I get home.

Thanks - m

an easy and delicious one would be the pineapple/soy sauce roasted pork loin...

what you need

2 lb piece of pork loin

4 oz can of pineapple chunks (or you can use real pineapple to make it better)

1/2 cup of soy sauce

can of frozen concentrate pineapple juice

1tsp of garlic powder (optional)

1 tsp of oregano (optional) (you can add whatever spice you want really

what you do...

take a fork and poke a bunch of holes in the pork loin to tenderize/help marinade. Mix the soy sauce and thawed out juice concentrate in a large ziplock back. put the spice in there too... place pork loin in with marinade and let it sit for like 2 hours (unless you are in a hurry) Pop it (only pork... save the marinade) in the oven preheated for 375... let it sit in their for 10 min then turn the oven down to 325... let it roast for 2 hours...

then when pork is about done you should put the marinade in a sauce pan... dice half of the 4 oz can of pineapple and put it in the sauce, simmer until it gets thicker... put the rest of the pineapple over the pork... then pour the finished sauce over top...

it will impress :banana:

then cook a veggie or two of your choice... like red potatoes or maybe some asparagus

TNG -

Last night I de-shelled and -veined the shrimps, also took the tails off (figured that'd be easier with pasta) and dusted them with some cajun seasoning, sliced the basil, onions and garlic (paper-thin so they'll desolve faster in oil), made a romaine salad (looks pretty good), I've got a crusty Italian bread and a bottle of pinot grigio chillin.

Am I going to need some sauce for the shrimps? It'll be garlic/buttery but I'm not sure that's going to be enough with the capellini. I also made the stupid mistake of sprinkling the shrimp with basic before cooking - I'm hoping that won't fock stuff up. I cut about 3 garlic cloves and figure that will be more than enough - prolly won't use all of it.

Am I set? Anything else I need to worry about? My house is clean and I'm going to set the table, shower and change clothes all that good stuff when I get home.

Thanks - m

I think you mean me (BEG) and not (TNG)... :banana:

Yes, sorry. The recipe I gave you yesterday is basically an Aioli sauce with just the olive oil, garlic and seasonings. Here is something that is delicious to add to it.

Directions:

- Cook shrimp alone in olive oil in pan. Add salt and pepper to the shrimp (all that's needed). I'm sure the seasoning you've added to your shrimp fine ... more flavor. Don't worry about it.

- In separate pan, heat olive oil and cook chopped onions until translucent

- Add garlic and fresh basil (or parsley - whichever you decided to get)... sautee..

- Add about 3 Tablespoons of Tomato paste - stir together

- Add 2-3 chopped (not too small... actually large chunks are best) fresh tomatos and stir all ingredients together over low - med heat.

- When Cappelini is finished, drain well and pour all of it into the pan with the tomatos, garlic, etc. (make sure you didn't cook too much cappelini... maybe about 3 servings for 2 people).

- Mix this well and carefully together

- Add cooked shrimp into pan and mix carefully

- Serve in plates ... there should be extra sauce (mainly tomatos) left in the pan... spoon onto the pasta in the plates...sprinkle fresh shredded Parmesan or crumbled Feta on each

- Add a sprig of fresh basil to the center of each dish for looks

- Serve and enjoy!

HTH!

MDC is a focking TEASE. I thought this thread was going to be about ME.

BEG, that recipe sounds REALLY yummy. 

Sorry BEG - got the names mixed.

I unthinkingly sprinked the shrimps with basic - whoops! So now that's going in the skillet with the shrimp I guess. I'll get some tomatoes tonight - chunks of that, plus the feta, onions and garlic oil, will probably be enough. In case I really fock this up I also made chicken parm last night. I'm not much of a wine drinker so I went with a mid-priced pinot grigio.

For some reason I'm kinda nervous. :banana:

MDC is a focking TEASE. I thought this thread was going to be about ME.

BEG, that recipe sounds REALLY yummy. 

Sorry.

Sorry BEG - got the names mixed.

I unthinkingly sprinked the shrimps with basic - whoops! So now that's going in the skillet with the shrimp I guess. I'll get some tomatoes tonight - chunks of that, plus the feta, onions and garlic oil, will probably be enough. In case I really fock this up I also made chicken parm last night. I'm not much of a wine drinker so I went with a mid-priced pinot grigio.

For some reason I'm kinda nervous. :thumbsup:

Sorry.

Don't worry, MDC. It sounds like you've done a great job so far and have everything under control.

I figured you would be a bit nervous that's why I think it's always best to prepare as much as possible the night before - to take further stress off of you the day of. Free's you up to concentrate on the little last minute touches instead.

You'll do fine! Let me know tomorrow how the dish came out! I'm sure she's going to appreciate your efforts! Good luck! :banana:

- Add garlic and fresh basil (or parsley - whichever you decided to get)... sautee..

For what it's worth, I've always heard/been told that you should add fresh basil at the last minute. If you put it in early in the cooking process it turns black.

Don't worry, MDC.

Thanks. It's pretty much under control. All I need to do really is set the table, shower/dress and start cooking. It's really a friend of a friend coming over to dinner but since our mutual buddies can't make it, and she's also extremely hot, I figured why not do it right? I am glad I did most of this stuff last night though and that I made backup food in case of any problems. I'll have a few glasses of wine when I get home and that'll chill me out. Wish I had time to work out, that always does the trick too ...

Condoms...just in case! :banana:

I would be astouned if that was necessary.

but i've got it covered anyway

I would be astouned if that was necessary.

but i've got it covered anyway

Good man!

Thanks. It's pretty much under control. All I need to do really is set the table, shower/dress and start cooking. It's really a friend of a friend coming over to dinner but since our mutual buddies can't make it, and she's also extremely hot, I figured why not do it right? I am glad I did most of this stuff last night though and that I made backup food in case of any problems. I'll have a few glasses of wine when I get home and that'll chill me out. Wish I had time to work out, that always does the trick too ...

Make sure you "prime the pump" before she comes over. Wimmen can sense desperation. Fire one off beforehand and you'll be relaxed and confident.

hair gel?

For what it's worth, I've always heard/been told that you should add fresh basil at the last minute. If you put it in early in the cooking process it turns black.

That's why it shouldn't be cooked long at all. This sauce should not take longer than 5-7 minutes total to cook... basically just heating it.

MDC, you don't want the tomatos to cook until they are mushy! You can be sure of this by keeping them in large enough chunks when you cut them. They will cook and soften up pretty quickly so just keep your eye on this sauce while it's heating and stir frequently.

Also, MDC - just a tip and something I didn't mention: If you notice that the Cappelini is sticking together after you drain it, pour some olive oil over it in the pot (after it's drained). Mix it carefully with your hands (so that it doesn't break apart)... then add into the sauce pan.

That and it will get very bitter if it's cooked too long. I think that basil is best when it's fresh. LOVE fresh basil.

Alright, I'm:

1. Boiling capellini in one pot - I'm assuming this won't take long once the water is boiling.

2. In a large pan, cooking garlic, onions, and chunks of tomotos

3. In a smaller skillet, frying the shrimp (already seasoned)

Pasta on plate, garlic/onion/tomotos on top (with whatever olive oil they're coated with), shrimps on top of that, add fresh basil and feta.

I'll boil the capellini and start heating the pants while we're doing salad.

This is my plan.

Thanks everybody and particularly BEG for your very helpful help.

Alright, I'm:

1. Boiling capellini in one pot - I'm assuming this won't take long once the water is boiling.

2. In a large pan, cooking garlic, onions, and chunks of tomotos

3. In a smaller skillet, frying the shrimp (already seasoned)

Pasta on plate, garlic/onion/tomotos on top (with whatever olive oil they're coated with), shrimps on top of that, add fresh basil and feta.

I'll boil the capellini and start heating the pants while we're doing salad.

This is my plan.

Thanks everybody and particularly BEG for your very helpful help.

:D (don't forget the bread) heat it in oven (wrapped in foil) for about 20-30 minutes at about 275.

WTF??? :doublethumbsup:

Pans, sorry. I guess I was thinking about hotpants or something.

Can we just go ahead and change the title of this thread to "The Thirty Year Old Virgin"?

Thank you.

Can we just go ahead and change the title of this thread to "The Thirty Year Old Virgin"?

Thank you.

I'm 32, sorry.

Next time I'll take her to the KFC drive through and give her MUA in the parking lot like you studs.

I'm 32, sorry.

Next time I'll take her to the KFC drive through and give her MUA in the parking lot like you studs.

Best Buy parking lot. And don't forget the blanket.

Thank you BEG for the recipe!

Turns out this girl is a big Rachel Ray fan so we sorta drank some wine and made dinner together - turned out terrific and gave us something to do together while the getting to know you jitters wore off (I'd only met her once before). Then we drank two bottles of wine, talked for several hours, and it worked out one whole hell of a lot better than I'd anticipated.

Thanks! :unsure:

Then we drank two bottles of wine, talked for several hours, and then we shared make up secrets. She even did my eyeliner for me.

fixored

:unsure:

IMO ... if you have never made a chicken parm ... don't try it. A bad chicken parm sucks. Can you even flatten a chicken breast properly?

My first dinner I ever made for a chick was a fetucini Alfredo ... it's easy ... kinda can't go wrong, if you can cook pasta. Kinda side dish material, but it worked. Had a nice bottle of champagne too.

Think classic French picnic material. Olives, brie, cornichons, pate and a good baguette, some (decent, red) wine. Requires no cooking, can't go wrong ... and shows you are classy. Follow it up with a pasta ... and then have like an assortment of fresh berries for desert. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with an aperitif.

That is ... if you want to come across as classy. You could spend less on a hooker.

ETA: OK ... so I missed this for dinner ... but it makes a HELLUVA picnic (minus the pasta).

Turns out this girl is a big Rachel Ray fan so we sorta drank some wine and made dinner together - turned out terrific and gave us something to do together while the getting to know you jitters wore off (I'd only met her once before). Then we drank two bottles of wine, talked for several hours, and it worked out one whole hell of a lot better than I'd anticipated.

Thanks! ;)

Did you get to nail her?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

;) Very cool!! And you're welcome!

Sounds like you did a fantastic job and I'm glad it all worked out so well for you MDC. :cry:

:wacko:

You used the candles and music idea afterall, didn't ya? :)

You used the candles and music idea afterall, didn't ya? :)

:wacko:

Make sure you "prime the pump" before she comes over. Wimmen can sense desperation. Fire one off beforehand and you'll be relaxed and confident.

You used this advice too, didn't ya? :dunno: Prolly the best advice in the thread.

Good thread. Anytime I can get good recipe ideas and a phillybear slam about sticking your head in an oven, I'm satisfied. :banana:

You used this advice too, didn't ya? :lol: Prolly the best advice in the thread.

Good thread. Anytime I can get good recipe ideas and a phillybear slam about sticking your head in an oven, I'm satisfied. :banana:

The recipe was terrific - really easy to make and delicious. Went very well with a romaine salad and pinot grigio.

The phillybear head/oven slam was quality too. :dunno:

sounds like a classy gal....nailed her upon meeting her the 2nd time.

make sure you take a nice picture of her, like you did your ex-hellcat.

GB mephisto.

sounds like a classy gal....nailed her upon meeting her the 2nd time.

SigEp316 = AFC