Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Rudy Giuliani

Is there any chance that Giuliani could get the GOP nomination?

I don't think so, based on his social policies. I also suspect the public is going to like Rudy less and less the better they get to know him. His personal life was at once time a mess, he's known as a bully, and he's socially pretty liberal. If the GOP is going to hold their nose and nominate him they might as well go with McCain because he's more conservative and IMO has a much better shot at winning a general election.

I would say a Giuliani/Mccain ticket would win hands down over either clinton or obama.

I don't think so, based on his social policies. I also suspect the public is going to like Rudy less and less the better they get to know him. His personal life was at once time a mess, he's known as a bully, and he's socially pretty liberal. If the GOP is going to hold their nose and nominate him they might as well go with McCain because he's more conservative and IMO has a much better shot at winning a general election.

Giuliani has me considering supporting a GOP candiate instead of the Libertarian candidate for the first time since 1992.

Wrong. Giuliani will get the Rep. nomination and will most likely beat Hilliary. Rudy is a rational moderate which is what most Republicans are, not the Pat Robertsons or Ann Coulters that grab headlines. He's for a strong national defense, strong foreign policy, small government, lower taxes, conservative judges, pro 2nd ammendment, personally hates abortion but feels we shouldnt put a woman in jail for having one.

He will lose a few votes on the abortion issue but more than make up for it with his moderate approach to politics.

He will be our next prez. Mark it down.

He will be our next prez. Mark it down.

OK. Honestly I'd be alright with that. I used to live in NYC and I think Rudy is great. In fact, I'd prefer him to McCain. I just think he's going to have a hard time winning the nomination in a party that's now dominated by warmongers and Jebus freaks. But I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first or the last time.

Rudy = Bush

They're like twins...both are hard-headed...my way or the highway...confrontational.

Rude Rick = Recliner Pilot

Both are unfunny aliases of the same sociopathic ######. :rolleyes:

Rudy = Bush

They're like twins...both are hard-headed...my way or the highway...confrontational.

You mean, they don't base policy on polls like the Clintons. :rolleyes:

Giuliani fits the description that most Americans like. His social issues are perceived as somewhat weak for his party, but his dedication to fight " terror" in the Middle East would be looked favorably upon by most.

He might have to relive events of 9/11 since he was mayor of New York. Although perceived as an undisputed leader of men on that day, many questions went unanswered. Would he be comfortable in possibly having to answer more questions that would be more specific to the leadership role he fulfilled on that day? For example, lots of people want to know why he allowed the Port Authority to direct people to go back into the buildings after they came out of the buildings when he specifically knew the buildings were coming down. 3000 people died, he was in charge.

For example, lots of people want to know why he allowed the Port Authority to direct people to go back into the buildings after they came out of the buildings when he specifically knew the buildings were coming down. 3000 people died, he was in charge.

Huge lie. On so many levels.

Well, since your title asks one question and your thread another, I'll answer both.

Yes, he could win the election.

No, he cannot win the nomination.

The opposite of Hillary--she can win the nomination but will lose the election.

HTH.

Giuliani is way off the deep end. He sayes he is a Republican. I don't buy it for a second. He is more liberal the G Dubya. No way in he!! Giuliani gets the nomination. A RINO if you will. <_<

Fock Giuliani :banana:

Bush has been nominated and elected twice, despite not being able to form a complete, coherent sentence. If that can happen, anything can.

He'd be a great president. Id love to see it happen, but I've no idea how he could win the nomination.

There are very few decent GOP voters left to vote for him. And when they do decide who they want, Guiliani has to split their few votes with McCain. Meanwhile, some gawd-awful Jebus dumbfock will come in, consolidate the retard vote, and kick both McCain and Guiliani to the sidelines.

Meanwhile, some gawd-awful Jebus dumbfock will come in, consolidate the retard vote, and kick both McCain and Guiliani to the sidelines.

After all the discussions we've had on here, you still post stuff like this?

Wow. Sad. :banana:

After all the discussions we've had on here, you still post stuff like this?

Wow. Sad. <_<

That was my initial thought too, but I like Voltaire. He has his bad days, but he's generally a pretty thoughtful poster.

This one goes on his bottom 10 list, though. :banana:

That was my initial thought too, but I like Voltaire. He has his bad days, but he's generally a pretty thoughtful poster.

This one goes on his bottom 10 list, though. :o

I like Voltaire, too.......that's why I was disappointed with this particular post.

I like Voltaire, too.......that's why I was disappointed with this particular post.

What do you expect? The dude lives in China, not the U.S.. He has absolutely no clue about the realities here.

What do you expect? The dude lives in China, not the U.S.. He has absolutely no clue about the realities here.

good point..now if just everyone esle here would stfu about the mideast,( they have no clue since they don't live their)..we'd be golden..

good point..now if just everyone esle here would stfu about the mideast,( they have no clue since they don't live their)..we'd be golden..

I don't give a crap about the Mideast, as long as it doesn't affect me. As long as I'm worried about them bombing us here or abroad, or hijacking planes, or destroying America because they hate the West, I'll speak out about the mideast. When they learn to live in the 21st century we can stop speaking about them.

I don't give a crap about the Mideast, as long as it doesn't affect me. As long as I'm worried about them bombing us here or abroad, or hijacking planes, or destroying America because they hate the West, I'll speak out about the mideast. When they learn to live in the 21st century we can stop speaking about them.

sory didn;t know you lived their. beer me!

sory didn;t know you lived their. beer me!

Their. LOL :thumbsup: :huh:

Oh right. Stupid alias. :doh:

there sorry, drunk and trying to type..and that just took me way too long :thumbsup:

Right. That's why you made the same mistake twice, 6 minutes apart :huh:

I like you guys too. I'm just still spooked by the nightmare of the past six-eight years. The evangelical alliance with big money has turned the GOP into some hideous creature I don't recognize anymore. Fortunatly with his polls in the toilet, anything and anybody touched by G.W. Bush has lost all credibility. DeLay and Frist are long gone and two of the most obnoxious senators- Sanitorum and Allen are out. All that's left now are some governors, a mayor, and a maverick senator- people not associated with the corruption and incompetence and war of the last six years.

Now I like both Guiliani and McCain. But they are throwback Republicans to the 70s and 80s when I respected the GOP and prefered them to the Dems. I'd love to see people like that in control of the GOP again. As recently as '96 the GOP put forward Bob Dole, a very fine, respectable, honorable candidate. I can't for the life of me see how all these evangelical crooks that took over the party since can just come in, turn everything inside out and upside down, run roughshod over all opposition both inside their party and out, bully, lie and destroy everything, then just disappear after one mid-term election loss. A loss more a rejection of Bush and the Iraq war than anything else.

I'm not complaining, I've hated everything they did. Here's the door. It's just amazing. There's two vehicles to political power in America and Evangelicals completly own one of them. Bought and paid in full. The GOP doens't allow for dissent, that's why they'll still all march to Bush's cadence of this war and why all Washington Republicans are tainted by supporting both a stoopid president and a stoopid war. The GOP has a litmus test and candidates who disagree with the evangelicals can never, ever survive primaries. They still control the White House. They can still prevent stem cell research and still force creationism down our throats and bash/humiliate gay folks. Religious folks are on the cusp of victory on their holy grail issues of banning abortion.

And then to just stop... I don't see it happening. What McCain and Guiliani are going to find out is that if they don't toe the line on every single issue the evangelicals lay out before them, they won't win the nomination. Evangelicals have a stranglehold on the party, they love to play dirty and nasty and hold pure contempt of all opposition, and are way too rigid in their thinking to release their grip.

Or maybe not. I'd love to be wrong. But mark my words, the GOP candidate will not be either of these two. There's simply not enough non-evangelical votes in the GOP for both McCain and Guiliani to share.

It's not that I oppose the evangelicals on their major projects of gay bashing and baning abortion. I don't really care if they win those fights or not. If every state bans gay marriage and Roe v. Wade gets overturned- Congrats. I won't celebrate but I won't lose any sleep either. It's stem cell research and creationism that make my head explode. It's the complete lack of responsible budgeting, the Iraqi war, the anti-science bigotry, the politicization of government official appointees based on ideology over competence or merit, the lack of respect for the first amendment, the massive corruption and sweet deals that flush taxpayer money into well connected political friends, the head-in-sand approach to global warming, the tax cuts that target only the affluent, it's the dirty politics of attacking and lying and character assassination, it's the hypocracy. This is what the evangelicals bring to politics and why I hate them.