Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Movie Geeks: What IYO is the best....

recently saw Fear and Loathing again. pretty hilarious at times :pointstosky:

"Bats!!!" :thumbsdown:

The answer is................ Platoon.

The reason is.......................because he was barely in it.

Platoon

A Nightmare on Elm Street

For the reason vuduchile mentioned.

I'm going with Pirates.

It's his best character. The rest of the movies, basically it's "Huh, that's Johnny Depp acting in this movie". :thumbsdown:

When you can dissuade your audience from thinking that, you've done a pretty good job.

But frankly, I find that this career peaked during the "21 Jumpstreet" ouvre.

Has to be Fear and Loathing. I couldn't believe how close they got to the book. BTW, my wife went to the same high school as Hunter S Thompson.

1. Don Juan DeMarco (1995) .... Don Juan

2. Ed Wood (1994) .... Ed Wood

3. Edward Scissorhands (1990) .... Edward Scissorhands

4. Chocolat (2000) .... Rouxlow (2001) .... George Jung

5. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998) .... Raoul Duke

I realize I am three years late on this, but:

1. Dead Man (has nobody seen this film???)

2. Blow

3. Edward Scissorhands

4. Ed Wood

5. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I just realized how few films i have seen with Depp in it. Honestly, most of his recent movies just don't appeal to me. Tim Burton movies are meh for me, very hit or miss, usually miss. I saw the first Pirates movie, i was one of the few people that didn't love it. It was alright, i usually don't like pirate type movies. So i have never seen the others.

The best movie were he plays a main role, that i've seen, is Donnie Brasco. I really can't imagine too many more being above Donnie as that was a great, great movie and he was outstanding in it. The best overall movie on the list is Platoon.

ETA: MANY of those are on my netflix que and have been on there for a while. So my opinion will be more valid in a second.

I just realized how few films i have seen with Depp in it. Honestly, most of his recent movies just don't appeal to me. Tim Burton movies are meh for me, very hit or miss, usually miss. I saw the first Pirates movie, i was one of the few people that didn't love it. It was alright, i usually don't like pirate type movies. So i have never seen the others.

The best movie were he plays a main role, that i've seen, is Donnie Brasco. I really can't imagine too many more being above Donnie as that was a great, great movie and he was outstanding in it. The best overall movie on the list is Platoon.

ETA: MANY of those are on my netflix que and have been on there for a while. So my opinion will be more valid in a second.

Like Brasco a lot...he was good with Al. Check out Blow.

I forget what movie it was, but it was with Johnny Depp and River Phoenix.

Depp owns a nightclub called The Viper Room and River goes there to buy heroin and coke. He dies of an overdose outside the club. It was a good flick, but a bit unrealistic.

I remember that one. Can't remember the name. Definitely unrealistic though. No way could that happen in real life. Oh well, that's Hollywood for ya.

Edward Scissorhands

Really surprised this hasn't gotten more love.

Has to be Fear and Loathing. I couldn't believe how close they got to the book. BTW, my wife went to the same high school as Hunter S Thompson.

Male>St.X :pointstosky:

SOMEONE SHOOT THIS ZOMBIE THREAD IN THE HEAD!!!!

Also, he's a great actor, but IMHO his best performances were in the Pirates movies, Finding Neverland, Ed Wood and Donnie Brasco. Hard to pick just one. He was also fantastic in an otherwise forgettable Fear and Loathing.

:D

Just saw blow...excellent movie.

Pee Wee Herman is also excellent in it. :banana: