Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Broncos sign Travis Henry!

Lock up your 15-year old daughters, Denverites!

It's a small price to pay :dunno:

I don't have a daughter 

Nice pick. There's an obvious undercurrent in Shanny's moves this year;

Apparently, he didn't want Plummer going to OAK, so he made sure that he did the trade to TB -even after Plummer 'retired'. OAK had an interest in Henry too. - And Shanny locked him up.

I'm think Shanny lives just to fock over Al Davis. Shanny's gotta be revelling in the craptastitude that is the OAK Raiduhs these days. :dunno:

It's a small price to pay :dunno:

I don't have a daughter 

i was j/k. that was an isolated incident. the greater concern is making sure he passes all his drug tests. this is a good fit for both Denver and Henry. he's a tough mfer. hated to see him go the way he did from Buffalo.

Do you see him starting over bell?

Yes. They gave him $12 million in guaranteed money. He had a 1000 yard season last year on a lousy team, and he's a proven runner. Mike Bell had his opportunity last year and clearly they didn't think he was the answer or they would have looked for a backup instead of a starter. Travis Henry wanted to start and had earned it. I don't think he would have taken the offer unless he believed the starting position was his to lose.

Yes. They gave him $12 million in guaranteed money. He had a 1000 yard season last year on a lousy team, and he's a proven runner. Mike Bell had his opportunity last year and clearly they didn't think he was the answer or they would have looked for a backup instead of a starter. Travis Henry wanted to start and had earned it. I don't think he would have taken the offer unless he believed the starting position was his to lose.

'Course, this is Shanny we're talking about. Going to Denver with any idea that you're a 'guaranteed' starting RB is a little naive. :dunno:

This would be huge. I traded Tiki late last year in my dynasty league for Henry and a 2nd rounder

This would be huge. I traded Tiki late last year in my dynasty league for Henry and a 2nd rounder

Definitely not a lock but I'd be very surprised if he didn't end up the starter. I think Henry fits the system here very well and the dude plays hard every down. And there's one more thing that I suspect Denver likes about him. He only fumbled once last year and three times in the last three years. Fumbles have been driving Shanny crazy the last couple of years.

I'm not a huge T. Henry fan, but I do believe he is still a serviceable back. He may even thrive under Shannys' system, who knows. My point is the term "1000 yd back". To hit a 1000 yds in a season a back would have to be more durable than good. He would need to average just a hair under 63 yds a game over a 16 game schedule to eclipse the 1000 yds in a season, and in my eyes that is not that impressive. More to the point, if I was a coach/GM and my starting running back was averaging 63 yds a game, I would be looking elsewhere for a starter the following year. Thoughts?

Henry will go high in drafts this summer. He should do quite well there.

I'm not a huge T. Henry fan, but I do believe he is still a serviceable back. He may even thrive under Shannys' system, who knows. My point is the term "1000 yd back". To hit a 1000 yds in a season a back would have to be more durable than good. He would need to average just a hair under 63 yds a game over a 16 game schedule to eclipse the 1000 yds in a season, and in my eyes that is not that impressive. More to the point, if I was a coach/GM and my starting running back was averaging 63 yds a game, I would be looking elsewhere for a starter the following year. Thoughts?

There's something to your analysis. Nowadays, being a 1200-1300 yard rusher is probably a better barometer. In the case of T. Henry, he did 1200 last year in only 14 games, and started only 13 of those 14.

Travis Henry

:blink: Is that a misprint???

There's something to your analysis. Nowadays, being a 1200-1300 yard rusher is probably a better barometer. In the case of T. Henry, he did 1200 last year in only 14 games, and started only 13 of those 14.

Good points, Strike. Most backs don't play the full 16.

Travis Henry

:blink: Is that a misprint???

Not a misprint.

Guest Davaco

hes the emmitt smith of FFtoday

I've always said I thought he was a great, underrated back. :rolleyes:

I used to think that, but now that he's a Bronco, I just think it's the system.

Do you see him starting over bell?

Not many were in on this during the last season, Travis Henry became a decent RB, and would absolutely start over Bell :ninja: