5. Confessions

6. Prove My Love

7. Promise

8. To the Kill

9. Gone Daddy Gone

10. Good Feeling

11. Ugly

12. Gimme the Car

you've snaked so many ###### picks from me, this one's the straw breaking the camel's back.

:wacko:

I've had this as a "sleeper" for about 5 rounds, and I kept thinking it would fly under the radar. this is one of those rare albums I've listened to 100s of times and it never gets stale.

That's the thing with a lot of what's been selected so far...I love Led Zep 4 and agree it's one of the greatest of all time....but I'm so burned out on it that it would never make my list of 15 for a desert isle. Violent Femmes was high on my list.

great pick. You & I have very similar and yet eclectic tastes Frank. :blink:

Bronco Billy picks:

7.7 Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (1959)

"So What"

"Freddie Freeloader"

"Blue in Green"

"All Blues"

"Flamenco Sketches"

Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes

1. Blister in the Sun

2. Kiss Off

3. Please Do Not Go

4. Add It Up

5. Confessions

6. Prove My Love

7. Promise

8. To the Kill

9. Gone Daddy Gone

10. Good Feeling

11. Ugly

12. Gimme the Car

Fock fock motherfock :D

You miserable arsehole :pointstosky:

you've snaked so many ###### picks from me, this one's the straw breaking the camel's back.

:mad:

I've had this as a "sleeper" for about 5 rounds, and I kept thinking it would fly under the radar. this is one of those rare albums I've listened to 100s of times and it never gets stale.

That's the thing with a lot of what's been selected so far...I love Led Zep 4 and agree it's one of the greatest of all time....but I'm so burned out on it that it would never make my list of 15 for a desert isle. Violent Femmes was high on my list.

great pick. You & I have very similar and yet eclectic tastes Frank. :blink:

I couldn't decide between the Femmes and Satch...I really thought the Femmes would come back to me.

There is not too many albums out there where one knows all the words to every song. This is one of them. :wacko:

bostonlager, get your hungover azz in here and make your pick, you're up! :shocking:

Thinking, give me a minute or 2.

Makaveli (2Pac) - The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory

polski rules picks:

7.9 Prince - Purple Rain (1984)

"Let's Go Crazy"

"Take Me with U"

"The Beautiful Ones"

"Computer Blue"

"Darling Nikki"

"When Doves Cry"

"I Would Die 4 U"

"Baby I'm a Star"

"Purple Rain"

Nice run of picks - 6 in 40 minutes! guitarmonkiy is up with phillybear next and kutulu at the turn. maybe we will get a round in today after all. :shocking:

Nice run of picks - 6 in 40 minutes! guitarmonkiy is up with phillybear next and kutulu at the turn. maybe we will get a round in today after all. :)

No way, I'm gonna filibuster. :dunno: :dunno: :banana:

No way, I'm gonna filibuster. :dunno: :banana: :)

Fillibuster's first album was awesome...that was before they sold out. :dunno:

:banana:

great pick. You & I have very similar and yet eclectic tastes Frank. :dunno:

I thought it might go unpicked. I started to wait a couple of rounds. Then I decided I would be pissed if I was planning to pick it and then let someone else steal it.

I had the cassette tape. I mentioned to someone the other day that my tape had broken and she brought me a CD copy the next day. :dunno:

Fock, I'm not sure what time zone he's in, but it's quite possible phillybear has already started his weekend stalk, capture, torture and kill routine. I wonder how long I'll have to wait. :dunno: :D :wall:

7.11 Faith No More - Angel Dust

Midlife Crisis, A Small Victory, Be Aggressive, Easy, Everything's Ruined

Faith No More remains my favorite band to this day, barely ahead of Soundgarden, so I knew I would take at least one album from them. The dillema was which one. This album was modern rock at it's finest: experimental, influential, and the anti-sellout album. After hitting it big with the Real Thing album featuring the monster single Epic, they went against the grain, and produced an album with few radio ready singles. However, the music collectively made an incredible album. Every time you listen through all the songs, you pick up some nuances you missed the first time. Midlife Crisis and A Small Victory were minor radio hits, and the remake of the Lionel Ritchie/Commodores song Easy became a pretty big hit. Critically acclaimed, a favorite of many rock hipsters, this album is now proudly on my squad.

Fock, I'm not sure what time zone he's in, but it's quite possible phillybear has already started his weekend stalk, capture, torture and kill routine. I wonder how long I'll have to wait. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I suppose that might depend on if you're his target. :ninja:

A great pick. I saw "Mr Bungle" in a small club in Humboldt County, then years later I saw Faith No More on the Real Thing tour. Great band, excellent pick.

You have good taste for a psycho. :cheers:

Stormtroopers of Death, Speak English or Die

1. "March of the S.O.D" – 1:27
  2. "Sargent D & the S.O.D" – 2:23
  3. "Kill Yourself" – 2:11
  4. "Milano Mosh" – 1:32
  5. "Speak English or Die" – 2:24
  6. "United Forces" – 1:53
  7. "Chromatic Death" – 0:43
  8. "Pi Alpha Nu" – 1:09
  9. "Anti-Procrastination Song" – 0:06
 10. "What's That Noise" – 1:00
 11. "Freddy Krueger" – 2:32
 12. "Milk" – 1:54
 13. "Pre-Menstrual Princess Blues" – 1:20
 14. "Pussie Whipped" – 2:14
 15. "Fist Banging Mania" – 2:04
 16. "No Turning Back" – 0:52
 17. "Fock the Middle East" – 0:27
 18. "Douche Crew" – 1:35
 19. "Hey Gordy!" – 0:07
 20. "Ballad of Jimi Hendrix" – 0:05
 21. "Diamonds and Rust" (Extended Version) – 0:05

Speak English or Die is the first album by Stormtroopers of Death (S.O.D.). They are commonly credited as being among the first bands to fuse hardcore punk with thrash metal into a new sound dubbed crossover thrash. After Anthrax finished recording Spreading the Disease there still was some studio time left, so Scott Ian and Charlie Benante called some friends, practiced some songs and recorded it all within a week. It was released in 1985 and re-released on the Megaforce label in August 1995. Dan Lilker has stated, "The lyrics were never intended to be serious, just to piss people off."

"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally, so fock you." 

A great pick. I saw "Mr Bungle" in a small club in Humboldt County, then years later I saw Faith No More on the Real Thing tour. Great band, excellent pick.

You have good taste for a psycho. :cheers:

When they came through Philly on the Angel Dust tour, Mike Patton made the mistake of focking with the crowd. We rushed the stage, and effectively ended the concert. During the chaos, I snuck backstage, and hung with the band as they were hiding from the crowd. Very cool people. I took home a bunch of keepsakes. And beat down a couple of fans.

The Age of Quarrel, Cro-Mags

We Gotta Know

World Peace

Show You No Mercy

Malfunction

Street Justice

Survival Of The Streets

Seekers Of The Truth

It's the Limit

Hard Times

By Myself

Don't Tread On Me

Face The Facts

Do Unto Others

Life Of My Own

Sign Of The Times

Mike Patton from TOMAHAWK/FAITH NO MORE/FANTOMAS who once told me, "Cro-Mags changed my life. I didn't take AGE OF QUARREL out of my tape deck for three years, it was all I listened to." In 1993, at the Scrap Bar in NYC, Layne Staley screamed in my ear "Focking Cro-Mags man! We gotta jam. I focking love Cro-Mags! Everybody in Seattle listened to Cro-Mags. Cro-Mags were our Led Zeppelin." The list of noteworthy Cro-Mags fans is long including: RANCID, FOO FIGHTERS, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, MACHINE HEAD, PANTERA, ROB HALFORD, MACHINE HEAD, SOD, C.O.C, SEPULTURA ,METALLICA, and KORN. Rob Zombie is quoted in Rolling Stone Magazine as saying "Cro-Mags were way ahead of their time. If they came out today they'd be bigger than Metallica!" Kerrang Magazine included Cro-Mags "We Gotta Know" in their list of 100 greatest riffs of all time list. REVOLVER Magazine recently listed Cro-Mags in their 100 most important punk bands, in good company with BAD BRAINS, CIRCLE JERKS and DISCHARGE. Though their order of appearance made little sense to me. We were #22. At least we were ahead of BLINK 182.

~Parris Mayhew~

8.2 Ministry - Psalm 69

N.W.O., Just One Fix, TV II, Hero, Jesus Built My Hotrod

The first side of this album, the first 5 songs, is pure adrenaline, pure intensity, pure energy. Crank it up to "10' and get ready to break stuff and punch people. I needed a real thrash album on my team, and this industrial rock album fits the bill.

let's go 15. Don't be a phag. it's not like we're in a hurry - I couldn't care less how long this takes. Let's go 15 rounds if we can. 10 is just not enough to capture all the varying styles and really dig into the "sleepers" and corner cases.

10 picks and we all just get the cliche 60s/70s/80s rock and some rap mixed in.

Let's do 15 - come on guys.

fock that. I started in on the variety with me Beethoven pick :cheers:

I'm reaching out for "non -80's" in an attempt to add variety, others should follow within 10 rounds, unless they want only rock albums.

**end rant**

Midlife Crisis, A Small Victory, Be Aggressive, Easy, Everything's Ruined

Faith No More remains my favorite band to this day, barely ahead of Soundgarden, so I knew I would take at least one album from them. The dillema was which one. This album was modern rock at it's finest: experimental, influential, and the anti-sellout album. After hitting it big with the Real Thing album featuring the monster single Epic, they went against the grain, and produced an album with few radio ready singles. However, the music collectively made an incredible album. Every time you listen through all the songs, you pick up some nuances you missed the first time. Midlife Crisis and A Small Victory were minor radio hits, and the remake of the Lionel Ritchie/Commodores song Easy became a pretty big hit. Critically acclaimed, a favorite of many rock hipsters, this album is now proudly on my squad.

:cheers:

8.2 Ministry - Psalm 69

N.W.O., Just One Fix, TV II, Hero, Jesus Built My Hotrod

The first side of this album, the first 5 songs, is pure adrenaline, pure intensity, pure energy. Crank it up to "10' and get ready to break stuff and punch people. I needed a real thrash album on my team, and this industrial rock album fits the bill.

:banana:

Stormtroopers of Death, Speak English or Die

1. "March of the S.O.D" – 1:27
  2. "Sargent D & the S.O.D" – 2:23
  3. "Kill Yourself" – 2:11
  4. "Milano Mosh" – 1:32
  5. "Speak English or Die" – 2:24
  6. "United Forces" – 1:53
  7. "Chromatic Death" – 0:43
  8. "Pi Alpha Nu" – 1:09
  9. "Anti-Procrastination Song" – 0:06
 10. "What's That Noise" – 1:00
 11. "Freddy Krueger" – 2:32
 12. "Milk" – 1:54
 13. "Pre-Menstrual Princess Blues" – 1:20
 14. "Pussie Whipped" – 2:14
 15. "Fist Banging Mania" – 2:04
 16. "No Turning Back" – 0:52
 17. "Fock the Middle East" – 0:27
 18. "Douche Crew" – 1:35
 19. "Hey Gordy!" – 0:07
 20. "Ballad of Jimi Hendrix" – 0:05
 21. "Diamonds and Rust" (Extended Version) – 0:05

"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally, so fock you." 

nice pick - I saw both M.O.D. (method of destruction) and S.O.D. in high school - both fronted by Billy Milano

fock that. I started in on the variety with me Beethoven pick :huh:

I'm reaching out for "non -80's" in an attempt to add variety, others should follow within 10 rounds, unless they want only rock albums.

**end rant**

you were out-voted on page 1 and you remain out-voted here on page 16.

15 rounds it is!

how's it feel to be in the minority? :rolleyes:

nice pick - I saw both M.O.D. (method of destruction) and S.O.D. in high school - both fronted by Billy Milano

Saw MOD with Exodus. :rolleyes:

But can you do the Milano mosh? :banana:

you were out-voted on page 1 and you remain out-voted here on page 16.

15 rounds it is!

how's it feel to be in the minority? :cheers:

nikka, I wanted 15 on page 1. but that was before it took 2 months to get to round 7.

maybe that's your ace in the hole.... slowly waiting for us to lose interest, and picking groups like ********* cause we don't care anymore, and then you keep picking real albums, and you look like a stud.

I'm onto you scooter. :dunno:

nikka, I wanted 15 on page 1. but that was before it took 2 months to get to round 7.

maybe that's your ace in the hole.... slowly waiting for us to lose interest, and picking groups like ********* cause we don't care anymore, and then you keep picking real albums, and you look like a stud.

Don't think I didn't see that, Big Pete. :cheers:

:cheers: :dunno:

Shhhh....BB06 caught the ghey 2 weeks ago :wacko:

I don't think that he wants to give it back, either :dunno:

Shhhh....BB06 caught the ghey 2 weeks ago :dunno:

I don't think that he wants to give it back, either :cheers:

:dunno:

Dude - I almost picked Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life like 5 rounds ago. :cheers:

That's an all-time classic - one of, if not THE best Stevie Wonder album!

You people vex me with your lack of taste. :dunno:

You people vex me with your lack of taste. :thumbsdown:

I realize a lot of you fockers are making excellent picks, but I feel the original criteria of this draft was abandoned very early on...that being the case I just went with what I would want on the island. Fock the people stranded with me....sh1t, their stuck with me on the island anyway...can't get much worse that.

You people vex me with your lack of taste. :(

it's just taking so focking long... that's why I don't want 15 rounds anymore. I'm getting tired of being married to this thread cause I want to see who got picked so I don't pick them, or to see if I'm on the clock, so I can make prompt picks. Ya know what I mean? I know this is a message board and all, but I assume that we all have lives to live, and we can't monitor this thread 24/7.

And what, you don't think Beethovens 5th is an "all time great"?

I realize a lot of you fockers are making excellent picks, but I feel the original criteria of this draft was abandoned very early on...that being the case I just went with what I would want on the island. Fock the people stranded with me....sh1t, their stuck with me on the island anyway...can't get much worse that.

yeah, I'm close to doing just that. I'm getting frustrated here, and I'm about to just say "fock it" and start picking all Metallica albums, and then start in on Def Leppard/ACDC/GNR/*** ****/****/*********/**** *** etc... fock everyone else on the island :mad:

where guitarmonkiy at? :dunno:

you are making my point for only 10 rounds for me :doublethumbsup:

although, I'm sure for you, you'll want 15 seeing you started picking relatively late in the draft

Are we supposed to be picking for everyone else still? I did that with The White Album and after that I said, "fock it, I'm taking my favorites." :doublethumbsup:

Are we supposed to be picking for everyone else still? I did that with The White Album and after that I said, "fock it, I'm taking my favorites." :doublethumbsup:

I've been picking for everyone else... why else would I take albums like the ones I've been taking?

my favorite group is Metallica, and I'd take all their albums with me, and bring no other band.

polski rules picks:

8.4 The Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed (1969)

1 Gimme Shelter

2 Love in Vain

3 Country Honk

4 Live With Me

5 Let It Bleed

6 Midnight Rambler

7 You Got the Silver

8 Monkey Man

9 You Can't Always Get What You Want

ETA: how about updating the first page so that we don't have to look through pages of posts to see which albums have been picked? :rolleyes:

polski rules picks:

ETA: how about updating the first page so that we don't have to look through pages of posts to see which albums have been picked? :rolleyes:

here here :dunno:

ETA: how about updating the first page so that we don't have to look through pages of posts to see which albums have been picked?

Agreed. I've already picked 1 album that was already taken, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Agreed. I've already picked 1 album that was already taken, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

agreed - bostonlagger needs to updatorify that shiat.

as for Big Pete and his Big Whine, STFU, n00b! :(

lol - seriously man, pick what you like and to hell with the critics. The intent of this was to pick what you like - now, in strategizing, you have to decide which ones your fellow geeks might snake from you - Frank's gotten mine more than once and I am sure I've grabbed at least one that made someone else go :huh:

At the end, I'm sure we'll do elimination brackets just like the actor draft, but it's all in fun anyway. Who cares if it takes a week or a month or a year. Not like there's a "season" that we have to finish before. I'm enjoying this regardless and have already been reminded of several CDs I own that I've since dusted off and put into the car changer.

Pete, if you aren't having fun, then maybe you ought to consider letting someone else take over your team. Otherwise, just relax and try to enjoy this creative exercise for what it is. I am having fun just seeing what my fellow geeks are taking. :banana: Of course I hope you'll stay, but the difference between 10 & 15 rounds IMO is the difference between taking a range of music Vs a more narrowly focused set to cater to popular opinion. I think 10 is just woefully too few rounds. Try to take it for what it is and be patient. Obviously it's better if we can all get a pick a day, but it's not always going to be that - but again I have to ask - what's the focking hurry? You going somewhere? :cry:

best of the Stones albums picked so far, IMO. I love every song on this one and was going to take it with my next pick. Great pick.