Sign in to follow this  
Bobby Knight

Moss deal almost done?

If true that would be a focking horrible trade for the Raiders.

For the Packers...Id like that deal.

Rodgers has been around, and while Id love to have him stay and see what he can do, he does not appear to be a long term solution or anything spectacular.

Getting Moss and a decent TE would be a solid deal.

interesting that they're going after Rodgers..... hmmmmmm they may take Big Calvin at the # 1 hole now....

Maybe my Boys can get Jamarcus at # 3 ????? :unsure: Blah.. wishful thinking :banana:

I wonder how much this effects the probability of Oakland drafting JaMarcus Russel over Calvin Johnson. Would they really view Rodgers as their future QB? I can't imagine they really think that.

Does this give them enough motivation to draft Johnson though?

If this gets done, it is official that Davis has lost his mind.

Although I agree, I wonder what the conditional pick for 2009 is. Could it be somewhat high if Rodgers does nothing? Or, would it be something weak like a 5th-7th rounder if he does nothing?

It looks like Oakland's main goal here could be to dump Moss' salary to help pay for the #1 pick in the draft...and possibly free up a WR spot for the #1 pick as well?

Disagree. I think the main plan was to just get Moss's 10 million dollar salary off the books. Getting anything for him was gravy.

I've been thinking that for awhile.

I would love to see the hilarity that would ensue if we could get him on the phone with Matt Millen.

Although I agree, I wonder what the conditional pick for 2009 is. Could it be somewhat high if Rodgers does nothing? Or, would it be something weak like a 5th-7th rounder if he does nothing?

It looks like Oakland's main goal here could be to dump Moss' salary to help pay for the #1 pick in the draft...and possibly free up a WR spot for the #1 pick as well?

From another board I heard the conditional could go as high as a 2nd rounder....

Salary Cap hits excluded, for I have no idea of such implications; I would gladly give Rodgers to them for Anderson. The Rodgers draft should never have happened. i don't care if he would have fallen to them in the 2nd. They had other needs and did not need him. That was a total fockup.

From another board I heard the conditional could go as high as a 2nd rounder....

I would think that in order to get a 2nd rounder, Rodgers would need to be at least starting for Oakland...wouldn't you think?

I would think that in order to get a 2nd rounder, Rodgers would need to be at least starting for Oakland...wouldn't you think?

I think its the other way around...that if he sucks really bad they get a 2nd? Though there will probably be clauses for how many games he must start...so Oakland cannot just bench him without giving him a chance and collect a 2nd rounder.

I think its the other way around...that if he sucks really bad they get a 2nd? Though there will probably be clauses for how many games he must start...so Oakland cannot just bench him without giving him a chance and collect a 2nd rounder.

Right...my brain was working backwards. That makes sense...and probably gives Oakland a fairly good chance of getting a pretty high pick.

the conditional pick would be from the raiders to the pack. Not the pack to the raiders.

From the article: "The Packers would also receive a conditional pick from the Raiders in the 2009 draft which would be based on Rodgers’ production in Oakland the next two seasons"

Disagree. I think the main plan was to just get Moss's 10 million dollar salary off the books. Getting anything for him was gravy.

If by gravy you me table scraps, ok...

I don't see how Rodgers helps the Raiders. The guy can't possibly have much confidence after struggling in the little playing time he's had and basically not being wanted by the Packers. He'll come with expectations of a 1st round pick but without trust from his teammates or a good line or running game to help him out. It just doesn't make sense to me. I say make the Packers give up picks, not Rodgers.

I thought we established this years ago? :rolleyes:

Even if only for a year, it will be neat to see one of the greatest QBs who ever played chucking TDs to one of the greatest WRs who ever played. It will be fun to watch while it lasts. Methinks that will earn the Pack at least one more MNF showing. Perhaps two.

the conditional pick would be from the raiders to the pack. Not the pack to the raiders.

From the article: "The Packers would also receive a conditional pick from the Raiders in the 2009 draft which would be based on Rodgers’ production in Oakland the next two seasons"

Wow...if thats right and Im reading it wrong everywhere...even better for the Packers...

Wow...if thats right and Im reading it wrong everywhere...even better for the Packers...

I'm so confused now! :rolleyes:

This is ridiculous. Moss for a pick, Moss for KGB, Moss for Roders, Moss and Anderson for Rodgers. It is happening. It's not happening. There have been no talks. They have been talking for a month. Come on. How are there so many credible sources giving conflicting reports?

Moss, Anderson and a pick for Rodgers! Sign me up! :rolleyes:

We should send the Raiders a nice card for Christmas if this happens.

It's called 'insider information' from Oakland and/or Green Bay. You see, minor players within both organizations sometimes hear pieces of stuff from the major players, and they go running to their reporter buddies with that info. They may get paid for this info, they may get a favor, or they may just think it's cool. The reporter buddies then add a bit to the info, and come to conclusions in an effort to break a story before anyone else.

It is the way of the modern media. Break it first, figure out how accurate it is later.

This would be a very good deal for the Packers, especially if Moss restructures his deal. However, I don't know if it is going to happen. Let's hope. It basically means the Raiders thought long and hard and realized CJ is far above everyone else in this draft. They unload Moss's contract, get Rodgers, and get CJ. Fun deal for the Pack. Jury is still out on the impact.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Atlanta better step into this deal...

Give them Schuab and a 4th rounder or something!!

What a fock'n steal!

I thought we established this years ago? :huh:

...to one of the greatest WRs who ever played.

Come on dude...that's not even up for debate...Moss is one of the greatest like I'm Jessica Alba's bodyguard.

Heh....so my last comment (rumor) in the Moss/KGB thread is actually true? Who'd have thought? :huh:

Come on dude...that's not even up for debate...Moss is one of the greatest like I'm Jessica Alba's bodyguard.

Dude, I gotta meet her. Hook me up?

Does Moss have a "no-trade" clause?

He should try to find his way into a dome.

Green-Bay might not be suited for his game.

Snow + Grass = :huh:

Does Moss have a "no-trade" clause?

He should try to find his way into a dome.

Green-Bay might not be suited for his game.

Snow + Grass = :huh:

By many accounts he is thrilled with the deal.

Always played just fine in Green Bay anyway...plus gets dome games at least twice a year in Minny and Detroit.

His freefall skid during the draft didn't make any of the teams that passed him up look stupid; Just the Pack for taking him.

Although they definitely look less stupid if they make this deal.

Honestly though, with Favre looking like he might retire at any second, they did need to pick up a QB - it just shouldn't have been that early. In hindsight if we knew Favre was going to stick it out this long, then obviously it makes a lot less sense.

Even if only for a year, it will be neat to see one of the greatest QBs who ever played chucking TDs to one of the greatest WRs who ever played. It will be fun to watch while it lasts. Methinks that will earn the Pack at least one more MNF showing. Perhaps two.

Yeah, it will be like watching an old timer’s game because both players are currently a shell of what they were. Favre is not as accurate as he was and Moss is not as fast, this will amount to allot of incomplete passes. I don't know why everyone is so excited about a WR who has lost a step, won't block and won't go over the middle.

So if Favre gets hurt this year what will GB do, who is the new heir apparent?

Although they definitely look less stupid if they make this deal.

Honestly though, with Favre looking like he might retire at any second, they did need to pick up a QB - it just shouldn't have been that early. In hindsight if we knew Favre was going to stick it out this long, then obviously it makes a lot less sense.

Yeah...and though I love Hawk...could have been Cutler or Leinart last year.

well, the only thing i've got to add is something my daddy told me a long time ago: "be careful what you wish for...you might just get it."

Yeah, it will be like watching an old timer’s game because both players are currently a shell of what they were. Favre is not as accurate as he was and Moss is not as fast, this will amount to allot of incomplete passes. I don't know why everyone is so excited about a WR who has lost a step, won't block and won't go over the middle.

You're right, they are both useless. Might as well cut them and take the cap hit now. :huh:

Naw, it's not gonna be the greatest hookup in the history of the NFL, but they'll still be an effective, entertaining pair while it lasts.

By many accounts he is thrilled with the deal.

Always played just fine in Green Bay anyway...plus gets dome games at least twice a year in Minny and Detroit.

i think the poster was referring to the 8 games at lambeau each year, but i could be wrong :huh:

So if Favre gets hurt this year what will GB do, who is the new heir apparent?

Shell? Maybe.

But Favre can still put air under a ball and try and let Moss go make a play...just enough times to open up plays for Driver.

Im excited about a talented guy who is better than the #2 WRs we have been peddling out there the last 2 years.

If he gets hurt...I will worry about that when it happens.

But would you feel any more comfortable with Rodgers than you would with Ingle Martin? Pretty much if #4 goes down, its over for the year anyway.

And free agency is not over yet, nor is the draft....

i think the poster was referring to the 8 games at lambeau each year, but i could be wrong :huh:

And as I said...he never seemed to have a problem in Lambeau before...including a huge game in a ridiculous downpour.