Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

2 good albums to download?

I needed some new music for the ipod. Downloaded 4 albums. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Downloaded:

Angels&Airwaves

Fall Out Boy (new)

Korn MTV unplugged

Godsmack The Other Side

Anyone? Anyone?

good call on angels and airwaves, maybe move to some old school blink 182?

and no, I dont have anything as ghey as fall out boy

Joe Jackson: Look Sharp

Squeeze: Singles 45 and Under.

Beatles: All of them

Traffic: John Barlycorn must die.

Supertramp: Breakfast in America

Billy Joel: The Stranger, 52nd Street

Foreigner: Greatest Hits

Charlie Daniels Band: Decade of Hits

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Gold & Platinum

There will be more to follow.

Did you look at the Album Thread yet? They may have mentioned two albums by now. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Did you look at the Album Thread yet? They may have mentioned two albums by now. :cry: :lol: :mad:

Plus, there will be 3-4 more in the next year. :wub:

get the Alter Bridge album - it's really good

also Faith no More - Angel Dust

Primus - Frizzle Fry is worth a look as well, if nothgin but for the oddity

and if you don't have the new Tool album (10,000 days) you are a complete dooshpr1ck. :(

I think my music tastes may split yours. I like a lot of harder stuff than your Fall Out Boy, but I like a lot of mellower stuff too. But here's what I'd recommend.

Punk (or something like it)

Bad Religion...well, pretty much anything by Bad Religion, except for the years that Gurewitz left. Maybe start with Against the Grain or Stranger than Fiction. That's about in between. Their earlier stuff is harder, their newer stuff is not.

Dead Kennedys "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables"

No Fun At All "Master Celebrations"

Short Music for Short People (but only if you're really ADD)

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes "Are a Drag" and "Blow in the Wind" because they're hilarious AND awesome

Mellower stuff

The Weakerthans "Reconstruction Site"

Something Corporate "Leaving Through the Window"

Motion City Soundtrack "I Am the Movie"

My favorites of what I listed...Bad Religion and the Weakerthans. Dead Kennedys would come next. Oh, yeah, and in a totally different vein, The Best of Simon and Garfunkel is also awesome. But not rock. Not at all.

Bad Religion...well, pretty much anything by Bad Religion, except for the years that Gurewitz left. Maybe start with Against the Grain or Stranger than Fiction. That's about in between. Their earlier stuff is harder, their newer stuff is not.

Dead Kennedys "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables"

:dunno:

Or, to get a general taste of what Bad Religion is all about, pick up the album All Ages. It is essentially a greatest hits album.

:thumbsup:

Or, to get a general taste of what Bad Religion is all about, pick up the album All Ages. It is essentially a greatest hits album.

Good call. Although it doesn't have anything from Stranger Than Fiction, Recipe for Hate, or anything after Brett left. It's still a good representative sample of their first 10-15 years.

I used to go to CBGB's every Sunday, summer of 85, and slam dance. But I was still a punk from Arizona. Best "concert" I ever went to was Red Cross, someone else, D.O.A. and the Circle Jerks headlined. Winter of 85, at The Ritz.

I slam danced through the whole D.O.A. set. Did a stage dive. Was really there to see them. I remember sittin outside, in the cold with steam coming off me. Slam dancing takes a lot of effort.

And I knew then ... 15 years old ... that I had missed what REALLY was "Punk". Sid Vicious died when I was 9 years old. I never saw the Ramones. My older brother did. He had a band, and a mohawk too, before I did ... but it was not punk. He would never call it punk.

Soixsie and the Banshees, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash ... punk.

Even ... Blondie ... kinda punk.

Blink 182?

All image ... teeny bopper, POP content ... tattoos and a mohawk doesn't make you a punk rocker, IMO.

Darby Crash

The Germs

That was punk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darby_Crash

However, the bass player for my brother's band, Ipso Facto, Joey ... I forget his last name, was in Civil Death ... which was like the very first "punk band" in Tucson, like 1978, with Lenny Mellow who was crazy. Good guy too ... but the drummer was a junky. BIG problem with punks, is you have junkies.

The big "punk" band out of Tucson, when I was in the "scene" was Lenny's band U.P.S. which stood for Useless Pieces of Sh!t.

Another old Tucson band was What Went Wrong ... and I still know Melvin Beastie (had that nickname before anyone knew who the Beastie Boys were). Matt Mairs. Smart focker ... one of the smartest people I ever met. Big Devo fan. The kid that got me listening to Devo in 1980, when I was 10 years old.

And Black Flag, and FEAR ... and I discovered the Subhumans on my own. The British Subhumans. Spiderleg Records .... oh man I used to have some rare Subhumans records. Too bad I lost 'em. Anyone remember the Mau Maus?

Yep ... lotta my old friends are dead. Heroin.

That's being REAL punk rock ... and not conforming, right?