Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Commentary Rounds 16-20

Thanks for the lists again. We're at a point where we're all pretty much getting who we want on these lists without others stealing our picks. I am going to wait for Butcher tonight unless Grigs appears again, ready to pick. He's probably done until morning, which means we probably are too.

Thanks for running things this weekend, Zap.

I need to look over my roster and target some different players at this point. I'll be taking the doodlebug to daycare, then I'll be back by 9:15 EST. I'll make my pick then.(If Butcher has surfaced by then...) Thanks again for making sure things didn't die over the weekend.

I am a cheap skate and share my internet connection with people....it's dial up too, which makes it even more pathetic. Some numb nut was using the connection all night, so I couldn't pick. I held things up quite a bit this weekend, you guys should've given me Kordell Stewert or something. :(

Zap Add Eric Barton to the drafted players list.

Butcher, pick again. I took Barton last round.

Sorry about that. :(

Zap Add Eric Barton to the drafted players list.

Butcher, pick again. I took Barton last round.

Sorry about that. :(

No biggy. I assume you just looked at the drafted players list, which didn't have his name on it.

Thanks for catching that in my absence Grigs. I really had an issue with Barton?? :D

Y'all should check over your rosters. I updated everything last night, but one error has been found. My second of the mock, regarding the same player. :(

Zap, you've got my name up there, but I already picked. You're up big fella...

Yeah, pick so I can go to lunch... :(

:D :D

Foreman is gone... 15.04

Yeah, pick so I can go to lunch... :(

Go ahead and go, just use the drive through. :D

The references are current, but I have this nagging feeling that I've left somebody out somewhere. I'll install Excel 97 tonight and check out Buddy. Thanks Mac. :(

re: taking 7+ WRs or 7+ RBs

my opinion (carefully typed in with only my left index finger) is that this is a foolish strategy.

the resposeof gambling by stockpiling WRs makes little sense, because no one has a crystal ball.

And building depth to your D positions in those rounds is crucial. D players get hurt so frequently, and while true that there's a bunch on the WW, better to have quality backups. Further, when taking that 6th, 7th an 8th WR, that allows some of us to cherry pick those D players.

confucious say, "player who sits on your own bench cannot score points against you."

re: taking 7+ WRs or 7+ RBs

my opinion (carefully typed in with only my left index finger) is that this is a foolish strategy.

the resposeof gambling by stockpiling WRs makes little sense, because no one has a crystal ball.

And building depth to your D positions in those rounds is crucial. D players get hurt so frequently, and while true that there's a bunch on the WW, better to have quality backups. Further, when taking that 6th, 7th an 8th WR, that allows some of us to cherry pick those D players.

confucious say, "player who sits on your own bench cannot score points against you."

Agreed for the most part. Like most draft opinions it boils down to perceived values. Some feel IDPs with high value will be there in the end, and historically this is true. Some feel WRs with value will be there in the end, and historically this is true. The winner is the one who actually finds the needle in the haystack at either position.

You're up. Find a needle. :(

the daily wait for scooter is upon us... I thought for sure I'd be up by now! :wall:

I have a list from him. It seems like he's checking in, see last post, so I'm giving him a few minutes. And uh... no one's held this up more than you, Mr. Listless4Proxiesinarow. :(

the daily wait for scooter is upon us... I thought for sure I'd be up by now! :wall:

I have a list from him. It seems like he's checking in, see last post, so I'm giving him a few minutes. And uh... no one's held this up more than you, Mr. Listless4Proxiesinarow. :(

:ph34r:

Exactly, and since there is a MUCH bigger difference between the top 10 RBs/WRs and the 30th-40th than the top 10 IDPs and the 30th-40th, I'll take the gamble at getting one of those top RBs/WRs any day, and "settle" for a lesser IDP. And even that is an unfair statement, because you can always get good IDPs off the waiver wire. Last year I got Bruschi off waivers, he finished #3, and I got Ayodele as well. So I had 2 top 10 LBs, and didn't draft either.

Moz has a player on his list, but it looks like he was a contingency "if then" at a specific position. I'll wait and let him decide.

We're a bit slow today, eh? As explained somewhere above, I will be gone for a good part of this afternoon. Carry on without me. References are updated through 18 and part of 19, so be sure to check round 19 before picking.

It's about 12:40 as of this post, I should be back by 3:30/4:00. I'll be able to check in once briefly in the middle of my running around. Impress me with a big run of picks. We finish this tomorrow, if I have to stay up all night picking your teams! :wall:

:(

because of the pain & the drugs, I have been using lists & rankings...this was slightly unexpected, so my apologies for any inconvenience.

hard to think sytraight or concentrate on picking right now. Anyone who's had surgery & narcotics can probably relate...

We're a bit slow today, eh?

Only 6 picks so far today....ouch. At this rate, this thing will last until next thursday. :banana:

My appologizes guys I have actually been here but very busy -- when When I have had a free moment onthe web i have been doing IBL stuff ( I am the alternate / person who will give BS advise during the season or what not - for what that's worth guess ) . It is alot more too that league than i thought !

I've had a crazy day myself, but apparently haven't missed much.

Come on guys, just because I've built a powerhouse team, no need to run and hide. Let's get this done

:banana: :thumbsup: :banana:

:banana:

I'm here. I'll go to Blue's list and get this back to Moz. If he's very fast, I will go to scooter's list. If not, I'm gone for at least another hour and a half. BUT, I think this will get rolling, early evening. Come Round 21 tonight! Finish this thang off tomorrow.

Done with 19. On to 20. I have a list for Scooter, so this may pick up when I get back if Moz has picked.

I'm here. I'll go to Blue's list and get this back to Moz. If he's very fast, I will go to scooter's list. If not, I'm gone for at least another hour and a half. BUT, I think this will get rolling, early evening. Come Round 21 tonight! Finish this thang off tomorrow.

Use my list through the night. :D

Remember that long "Details" email I sent you all? I did ask that we not get bored around round 20. Come on. We can knock this puppy out fast, or let it frustrate us for days on end. Let's knock it out.

Butcher, I have a list from Bouve and others. PackerAaron, has a player left on an old old list. If you show up ready to pick, say so, and we'll roll.

Remember that long "Details" email I sent you all? I did ask that we not get bored around round 20. Come on. We can knock this puppy out fast, or let it frustrate us for days on end. Let's knock it out.

Butcher, I have a list from Bouve and others. PackerAaron, has a player left on an old old list. If you show up ready to pick, say so, and we'll roll.

Zap, I just emailed you a 2 man list. I'll be around later for my 21 & 22 pick.

Oh, just read your message. Let's roll, and you can ignore my list.

Zap, are you going to use Aaron's list?? :D

Cricket chirps.......

O.K., use the 2 man list I sent. I'll be back.

Sorry to hold things up. I did sit around all afternoon waiting, and it just didn't move at all. Had dinner with the fam, put the kid to bed, then checked back as soon as I could...