Sign in to follow this  
Let Da Big Dog Eat

The Easter Bunny Is Offensive?

From my Wells Fargo daily investor's e-mail.

"Rabbits are not on the endangered species list, but the Easter Bunny may soon be. Several communities and institutions around the country are considering replacing the "Easter Bunny" with a spring symbol that is not related specifically to Christianity. Some favor promoting a "Spring Bunny," for example, in an effort to avoid offending non-Christians.

Down in Australia and New Zealand, the issue isn't religion, it's pest control. Rabbits were introduced into both countries in the 19th century and their populations have since exploded to vegetation-devouring proportions with no natural enemies in sight. Now, in New Zealand an environmental group advocates replacing the "Easter Bunny" with the "Easter Kiwi," which would (in theory at least) make the eradication of rabbits from the land acceptable to that nation's children. A similar movement in Australia would replace the Easter Bunny with the "Easter Bilby," a marsupial that is itself on that country's endangered species list. The bilby looks like an overgrown rat with the ears of a rabbit. It is also known as "Rabbit-eared Bandicoot," but I can't see the kiddies of Australia giving up the loveable Easter Bunny for the feral "Easter Rabbit-eared Bandicoot."

What's next? Every symbol of Christianity is offensive and should be removed from churches?

I'm going out looking for a diaper head and make him eat a chocolate egg! :thumbsup:

Several communities and institutions around the country are considering replacing the "Easter Bunny" with a spring symbol that is not related specifically to Christianity. Some favor promoting a "Spring Bunny," for example, in an effort to avoid offending non-Christians.

Thought it was common knowledge that the "Easter Bunny" - "Easter" for that matter isn't Christian. That doesn't make sense.

In what I can only presume is an attempt to seem PC, my kids' school has... Monday off. Monday? WTF holiday is Monday? "Jeebus' body is missing let's keep looking" day? Sigh... Not as bad as their holiday concert, where they seem to sing equal numbers of Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza songs, but still pretty :headbanger:

In what I can only presume is an attempt to seem PC, my kids' school has... Monday off. Monday? WTF holiday is Monday? "Jeebus' body is missing let's keep looking" day? Sigh... Not as bad as their holiday concert, where they seem to sing equal numbers of Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza songs, but still pretty :headbanger:

maybe its this 'jesus' bunny that goes house to house...searching.

in order to cover his little furry a$$ he hands out colored eggs and candy to all the children, and calls himself the 'easter' (wink/wink) bunny.

maybe its this 'jesus' bunny that goes house to house...searching.

in order to cover his little furry a$$ he hands out colored eggs and candy to all the children, and calls himself the 'easter' (wink/wink) bunny.

I havr no idea what this post is about

they have kwanza songs? i'm gonna git you git you drunk, git you drunk with my kwanza humps. I bet kwanza songs have a great bass line

I havr no idea what this post is about

they have kwanza songs? i'm gonna git you git you drunk, git you drunk with my kwanza humps. I bet kwanza songs have a great bass line

the kids would never know what hit em

daddy, all i saw was this big black furry a$$ bouncing in my face.

the kwanza bunny!

In what I can only presume is an attempt to seem PC, my kids' school has... Monday off. Monday? WTF holiday is Monday? "Jeebus' body is missing let's keep looking" day? Sigh... Not as bad as their holiday concert, where they seem to sing equal numbers of Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza songs, but still pretty :thumbsup:

My company is taking tomorrow, Good Friday and Easter Monday off. :dunno:

Companies I have worked for rarely took tomorrow off, let alone Monday. I am not complaining, but I find it kind of an outlier as opposed to other local companies.

My company is taking tomorrow, Good Friday and Easter Monday off. :thumbsup:

Companies I have worked for rarely took tomorrow off, let alone Monday. I am not complaining, but I find it kind of an outlier as opposed to other local companies.

I'm actually surprised at how many of my customers have tomorrow off. I've got a VP in town for some visits and in the end I felt lucky to find one to meet with him tomorrow.

Monday, not so much a problem. :dunno: