Sign in to follow this  
edjr

I SPOKE to my 1st comedian Friday night and he smacked me good.

Went to see Tommy Davidson Friday night with another couple and my GF in Boston. This local guy comes out before Tommy and he's black. Anyway, he starts doing his routine and I had a bunch to drink before then. The guy is talking about all things local to Boston. He starts talking about the Patriots and he says "you ever notice all the best players are black. I was in the front row, right on the corner of the stage and I said "what about Tom Brady, what color is he" he looks at me and says "what" I said "what color is Tom Brady" he says "What color is Tom Brady? What are you in his family? Are you Bobby focking Brady. Look at you, you probably can't even afford tickets, I bet you've never even been to Foxboro"

Anyway, it was pretty funny and everyone was laughing and I was glad to be part of the show. :thumbsup:

Tommy Davidson was pretty funny. He was ripping on these black girls that were twins and they were in the front row right next to me. he was telling everyone how ugly they were, funniest sh!t, they looked like they were going to kill him.

Are you Bobby focking Brady?

After reviewing the geek photo thread, I'm thinking this was a sincere question.

After reviewing the geek photo thread, I'm thinking this was a sincere question.

:thumbsup:

Heckling at the comedy show? :thumbsup:

Part of the show? :lol:

BTW - Who was the comic?

BTW - Who was the comic?

He said it was some local black guy.

Just be glad he could tell which one was Tommy Davidson and which wasn't.

Heckling at the comedy show? :thumbsup:

Part of the show? :lol:

BTW - Who was the comic?

It wasn't HECKLING per se. I have never done it before. He was just WRONG and I corrected him.

Yes part of the show, people I didn't know were giving me high fives. :dunno:

No idea, he was black and his 1st name was Chris (not rock) from Mattapan.

Guest Davaco

you were the but of his jokes, a black mans jokes?

and I lost to you in the geek brackets ?:thumbsup:

you were the but of his jokes, a black mans jokes?

and I lost to you in the geek brackets ?:dunno:

:thumbsup: :lol:

It wasn't HECKLING per se. I have never done it before. He was just WRONG and I corrected him.

Yes part of the show, people I didn't know were giving me high fives. :cheers:

No idea, he was black and his 1st name was Chris (not rock) from Mattapan.

Was it Chris Tabb? He was rising the ranks quickly when I left Boston. I thought he was pretty funny then.

You really should shut up during a show. :first:

Was it Chris Tabb? He was rising the ranks quickly when I left Boston. I thought he was pretty funny then.

You really should shut up during a show. :cheers:

He was high on E

You really should shut up during a show. :first:

http://www.christabb.com/

Yup, that's him, nice call dude. :cheers:

I wasn't mad he layed into me, I thought it was hilarious, really. it made the experience more fun for me.

I wasn't mad he layed me, I thought it was hilarious, really. it made the experience more fun for me.

:cheers:

:banana:

It really did, I was cracking up and so were the people I was with. not like i was on video or anything. I was in the front row, hardly anyone even saw me.

"hecklers" :rolleyes: :banana:

unfunny dopes screaming for attention, "I want to be part of the show too!" :cry: :thumbsdown:

It really did, I was cracking up and so were the people I was with. not like i was on video or anything. I was in the front row, hardly anyone even saw me.

sorry ed.

this ain't a pile-on at your expense here... chalk this one up to a learning experience.

90% of the people in the audience thought you were a dumb ass.

the 10% the were laughing (and were louder than those 90%) were also dysfunctional focks that have been going to comedy shows for years just trying to muster up the balls to "be part of the show".

unfunny dopes screaming for attention, "I want to be part of the show too!" :cry: :thumbsdown:

Agreed. They always think they are "helping the show," when typically they are just showing a room full of people they are dinks.

sorry ed.

this ain't a pile-on at your expense here... chalk this one up to a learning experience.

90% of the people in the audience thought you were a dumb ass.

the 10% the were laughing (and were louder than those 90%) were also dysfunctional focks that have been going to comedy shows for years just trying to muster up the balls to "be part of the show".

Asking the comedian what color Brady is, was all I said. I don't know if that's heckling, as much as telling the truth. All the best players on the patriots are not black. :cry:

I do see what you're saying though. It's not like I was sitting there razzing him. I was at one point going to ask him if he said his name was Chris Rock, but I decided against it.

Agreed. They always think they are "helping the show," when typically they are just showing a room full of people they are dinks.

Room full of people? was like 30% full.

Anyway. I *AM* a dink, this is nothing I need help in proving to anyone.

Did it ever occur to you that people were there to see a comedian, and not listen to you?

again, I made ONE statement, which was correct. I didn't stand on the stage and grab the microphone.

Asking the comedian what color Brady is, was all I said...

I was at one point going to ask him if he said his name was Chris Rock, but I decided against it.

that's a positive sign for you ed.

in one night... or rather, in the span of one performance... you smartened up.

Asking him what color Brady is, was a bad move/choice on your part.

Thinking about asking the Chris Rock question but deciding against it, was progress on your part.

nobody wants to hear you at a comedy show (and I don't mean "you" personally).

let the comic do his act and shut up. talk, drink, interact with the crowd you came with. Doing anything other than that screams "stupid dumbass right here, please kick my ass if you'd like... also I don't get out much and I may be very insecure about my pecker size even though I'm acting ballsy right now"

don't do that to yourself.

and maybe more importantly, don't do it to the people you're with.

again, I made ONE statement, which was correct. I didn't stand on the stage and grab the microphone.

One too many!

I was at some god awful comedy show once and the guy started asking everyone what they do. He looks right at me and is about to ask and I give him a little nod, "no" and a one of those jedi mind waves and he skips right over me. I appreciated that.

You said in the subject line that you heckled him, genius!

At least you realized that he put you in your place and you left it at that one comment. The worst are the guys that keep going.

I don't get heckled, I get the clowns that "participate" and want to be a part of the show. Even when you you cut them down repeatedly, they still go on. You have to do everything in your power to not grab the mike stand and bury it in their head.

The sh!theads always seem to sit up front, too.

You said in the subject line that you heckled him, genius!

Yes, because I didn't realize the wrath from FFT from saying it.

Read my thread, i said exactly what happend.

He starts talking about the Patriots and he says "you ever notice all the best players are black.

I would have said:

1. You ever notice all the best comedians are white?

or

2. Yeah, but they're all pink on the inside. :rolleyes:

At least you realized that he put you in your place and you left it at that one comment. The worst are the guys that keep going.

I don't get heckled, I get the clowns that "participate" and want to be a part of the show. Even when you you cut them down repeatedly, they still go on. You have to do everything in your power to not grab the mike stand and bury it in their head.

The sh!theads always seem to sit up front, too.

The thing was, when he was ripping me, I was laughing my ass off. it was actually funny. I guess I didn't feel like I was heckling him. I didn't say he sucked, or anything like that.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread. Tommy Davidson absolutely layed into these 2 chubby black girls that were twins sitting in the front row. One of them had death in her eyes the whole show. After the show ended, I stood up to shake his hand and say something to him. He went over to the girls and I didn't hear what he said, but he grabbed my hand after he spoke to them and shook it, then I said "they focking hate you" he said "yeah, no shlt"

I wasn't mad he layed into me, I thought it was hilarious, really. it made the experience more fun for me.

Explains why you love this message board so much.

Explains why you love this message board so much.

That could be.

it doesn't bother me, that's why. It's not offensive and it's funny. If people can laugh at my expense, then I'm doing my job.