Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Global warming experts....

I don't know if this has been said yet, but I think it is pretty common knowledge that GW is happening. What everyone is arguing about is whether this is Man made, or a normal climatic change.

The smart money is on normal climatic change :thumbsup:

Also, Manbearpig :dunno:

actually the smart money isn't there at all. the smart money (ie.. the worlds global science community) is completely on the other side. but you go on in blissful ignorance. after all its gotten you this far.

actually the smart money isn't there at all. the smart money (ie.. the worlds global science community) is completely on the other side. but you go on in blissful ignorance. after all its gotten you this far.

Yeah, the world used to be flat as well.

What gets me is that anyone should know we don't have the resources to show the global climate for thousands of years. Scientists don't have many years to go off of. Hell...scientists once told me one winter it snowed every Wednsday...what the hell caused that??

I think scientists are being very unprofessinoal on there stance. There is no way they can know...think about it. Do you realize how many cycles or weather patterns our earth has gone through. NOw all of a sudden it is a man-made trend. Oh forget that the sun is hotter now...lets forget that and blame whitey :thumbsup:

I said smart money, not grant money. Please try and keep up. :dunno:

HTH

Damn. I didn't mean for this thread to cause so much fighting.

:dunno:

:dunno: I AM THE KING!

Pffft! Like it's that tough with bait like that.

What gets me is that anyone should know we don't have the resources to show the global climate for thousands of years. Scientists don't have many years to go off of. Hell...scientists once told me one winter it snowed every Wednsday...what the hell caused that??

I think scientists are being very unprofessinoal on there stance. There is no way they can know...think about it. Do you realize how many cycles or weather patterns our earth has gone through. NOw all of a sudden it is a man-made trend. Oh forget that the sun is hotter now...lets forget that and blame whitey :dunno:

did you watch gore's movie?

Yeah, usually i would be stupid and agree, because i hate liberals.

The reality is, weather is different from climate, that was the first thing mention. Here in Michigan, we had the coldest month or so i can remember, from late January till March rarely got over 20 degrees. However, before that, we were well on pace for the warmest winter ever for Detroit, it ended up just being slightly above average.

These sharp temperature changes are actually, if anything, in favor of global warming. It's complicated, but, basically the warming temperatures will cause the atmosphere to become even more imbalanced, which will cause more and stonger storm systems to form. You could have, as us in Michigan have experienced, have a week for near record warmth, almost immediately followed by a week of near record cold.

Something is for sure, that is that something is going on with the climate, again, a gradual climate shift would be attibuted to these extreme weather conditions. But remember one thing, the sun is, FAR and AWAY the biggest contributor to our climate and weather. A change in the amount of energy the sun is giving would be a very logical explaination for what is going on, obviously that would be hard to prove. The sun doen't have a constant amount of energy coming off of it's surface, it changes, along with other cosmic factors.

IMO, changes in the sun would be a lot more logical than man causing a climate change, a lot more. Again, there is no way of knowing for sure, but i do think there is a climate shift in effect.

Because God wants people to ridicule Al Gore.

:headbanger: :)

I think scientists are being very unprofessinoal on there stance. There is no way they can know...think about it. Do you realize how many cycles or weather patterns our earth has gone through. NOw all of a sudden it is a man-made trend. Oh forget that the sun is hotter now...lets forget that and blame whitey :headbanger:

As an engineer by training, I am very disillusioned with the "scientific" data being spewed at us. I can't help but feel that it is tainted; the scientific community knows that finding evidence of man-made impact is very politically correct and leads to large grants/funding.

Also, I am disappointed that so much effort/$$$ is being spent chasing the windmill of the cause, whereas it seems very little is being done to figure out WTF we do if the earth continues to get warmer.