Sign in to follow this  
CA_7

Vince Young on Cover of Madden 2008

Young to grace cover of Madden '08

By Terry McCormick, tmccormick@nashvillecitypaper.com

April 16, 2007

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young will be on the cover of the EA Sports Madden 2008 video game.

A source with knowledge of the situation confirmed Young’s gracing the cover of the game to The City Paper. Efforts to reach EA Sports were unsuccessful on Monday.

An official announcement is expected on Tuesday and Young will appear on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" as part of the kickoff promotion for the newest version the popular NFL video game.

Of course, appearing on the cover of the game has produced a “jinx” of sorts in recent seasons.

Several players, including former Titan Eddie George, have graced the cover, then succumbed to injury or ineffectiveness in the season they were on the game’s front.

George was on the cover during the 2001 season, the year he suffered through a toe injury. In 2000, George had rushed for a career-high 1,509 yards. Because of the injury, George managed just 939 yards in 2001 as the Titans slumped from 13-3 to 7-9.

Other prominent players to fall victim to the Madden Curse include quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and Daunte Culpepper and last year’s cover man Shaun Alexander.

Young apparently will also appear in commercial spots for the game that will be aired during coverage of the NFL Draft.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=55690

1 opinion(s) posted

By: OneTimer on 04-16-2007

Well, Titans fans, get ready for Young being injured at some point in the season and for a significant amount of time. Ignoring the jinx? Good luck with that. Oh, and this being Breaking News is absolutely hilarious. The shootings at Virginia Tech is breaking news. Not this.

:thumbsdown:

wow! i thought rumors were leaning towards reggie bush?

how about a group photo: chris henry and pacman jones standing center, back-to-back with arms folded, and in the background tank johnson with the bengals?!

yeah but who is gonna do all the chunkey soup commercials, there are the guys you have to worry about.

I still think Young has a solid year. I dont believe in curses.

Edit, haha, you have him in our dynasty league, I see you are trying to be confident, although it doesnt matter whether you believe in curses, for the curse to happen. He is doomed, not just from being on the cover of madden, but for being a young running quarterback that is going to be asked to do WAY too much on offense with no other weapons, he has to do everything for that offense to succeed, and because of that he is a larger than average injury risk imo, it will have nothing to do with him being on madden you can tell yourself.

I used to not believe :dunno:

Now I do believe.

Now I can't believe.

Titan's already have enough troubles other than the Karma God to deal with.

#1 rb - gone

#1 wr - gone

#1 cb/special teamer/game changer - gone

#1 qb - soon to be gone :mad:

...and the Titans with the #1 2008 pick will take the Heisman trophy winner....Mr. Mcfadden, RB Arkansas

You don't seriously believe in curses? :doh:

It's an honor for Vince Young and his fans to be named to the cover of Madden...and the hip-hop lovers will love havin VY on the cover.

VY was cursed LAST season when he was selected by TEN... sure he had a decent season, but the organization is just ridiculously odd this season... who's their starting RB going to be? LenWhale Dite? or are they going to bring Chrissy Brown back?

with no quality RB in the backfield, and a mediocre WR squad (at best), VY has to carry the whole team on his shoulder's much like Vick has had to do most of his career - but at least ATL had Dunn at RB...

VY is going to struggle all year, and i will honestly be impressed if he even throws for 12 tds again this year...

Vince Young sucks.

He is overrated. He can't read a defense to save his life..he locks onto one reciever and doesn't move off itt.

He is a great runner. But great runners ain't shiot in the NFL. If Madden had balls they would put Manning on the cover.

Vince Young sucks.

He is overrated. He can't read a defense to save his life..he locks onto one reciever and doesn't move off itt.

He is a great runner. But great runners ain't shiot in the NFL. If Madden had balls they would put Manning on the cover.

...then we should go ahead and cut them off while we can to play it safe.

If Madden had balls they would put Manning on the cover.

Manning won't do Madden because he was the cover person for a competing NFL video game for many years (NFL Fever).