Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Focking Monday morning Quarterbacks

Focking people criticizing how law enforcemnet did not act swiftly and correctly at Va. Tech. Like it's a focking play in the focking playbook of life. Fock them and their families. :banana:

Focking people criticizing how law enforcemnet did not act swiftly and correctly at Va. Tech. Like it's a focking play in the focking playbook of life. Fock them and their families. ;)

Amen. The backlash will be/has been swift and disgusting :banana: Here's a thought for the, um "media" - morn the losses and keep the "agendas" out of this one.

You mean they don't have drills every week for madmen going to college campuses and going on a killing spree?

Amen. The backlash will be/has been swift and disgusting :wacko: Here's a thought for the, um "media" - morn the losses and keep the "agendas" out of this one.

Exactly. The right-to-owners and the gun control freaks are both also doing their part in making a mockery of this. :wacko:

Exactly. The right-to-owners and the gun control freaks are both also doing their part in making a mockery of this. :wacko:

Thats not going to be fun :wacko:

It does seem kind of crazy that they kept the campus open when there was a gunman on the loose. :thumbsup:

If you don't question what they did how will they learn from the mistakes? The media of course is going overboard but everything that was done should be closely looked at by the appropriate people.

How much does someone want to bet that they had the ability to go in and save some lives but didn't because of the fear of lawsuits?

How much does someone want to bet that there were 20 cops standing there wanting to go in and risk their lives but could not because they knew if they made a mistake, any mistake, they would be sued and lose their jobs forever?

How much do you want to bet that the responding officers' departments had to follow a strict set of rules or guidelines rather than following common sense because of fear that if they did not follow strict policy in everything that they did, one of the parents of the children would have sued for millions?

This was a very sad day. :(

Shooter was Asian student

Police officers with bulletproof vests and machine guns were in the area. (Watch a student's recording of police responding to loud bangs )

"They were telling us to put our hands above our head and if we didn't cooperate and put our hands above our heads they would shoot," Otey said. "I guess they were afraid, like us -- like the shooter was going to be among one of us." (Watch students react to shooting )

It does seem kind of crazy that they kept the campus open when there was a gunman on the loose. :(

How do you "close" a 2,600 acre campus with 100 buildings and 26,000 students? A bunch of yellow tape?

Just sayin'.

:dunno:

i got mad watching the press conference..as they asked the same question 10 different ways....

that being said..the reporters HAVE to ask the tough question..this is the deadliest mass killing in US history :(

its easy for anyone not involved to say what they wouldve done...

my main question is...

WHY would the police ASSUME that the killer was off campus?...

if there was a witness who said that...a) he/she probably feels like dying after being so wrong or it was someone trying to throw the police off...

but someone had JUST been killed...havent we learned anything from Columbine and 9/11? i know its a wide open campus with a lot of traffic..but why keep classes open?...if anything, killer loose or not..they shouldve closed classes in order to regroup and let the kids mourn.....

you cant do anything about out in the fields...people will roam..you cant close down the outside world...

im just surprissed with todays technology that an alarm cant be activated that goes off in all 100 buildings..

How much does someone want to bet that they had the ability to go in and save some lives but didn't because of the fear of lawsuits?

How much does someone want to bet that there were 20 cops standing there wanting to go in and risk their lives but could not because they knew if they made a mistake, any mistake, they would be sued and lose their jobs forever?

How much do you want to bet that the responding officers' departments had to follow a strict set of rules or guidelines rather than following common sense because of fear that if they did not follow strict policy in everything that they did, one of the parents of the children would have sued for millions?

This was a very sad day. :(

I don't think any of this factored in to the response by the authorities. Not once the second round of shooting started.

i got mad watching the press conference..as they asked the same question 10 different ways....

that being said..the reporters HAVE to ask the tough question..this is the deadliest mass killing in US history :(

its easy for anyone not involved to say what they wouldve done...

my main question is...

WHY would the police ASSUME that the killer was off campus?...

if there was a witness who said that...a) he/she probably feels like dying after being so wrong or it was someone trying to throw the police off...

but someone had JUST been killed...havent we learned anything from Columbine and 9/11? i know its a wide open campus with a lot of traffic..but why keep classes open?...if anything, killer loose or not..they shouldve closed classes in order to regroup and let the kids mourn.....

you cant do anything about out in the fields...people will roam..you cant close down the outside world...

im just surprissed with todays technology that an alarm cant be activated that goes off in all 100 buildings..

This is the problem with Monday morning quarterbacking. Thus...the thread. Let me ask you this....If it turns out that the people he killed in the dorm were his girlfriend and her new boyfriend, would you really expect him to go to the campus 2 hours later and kill 30 more people? The answer would be an emphatic NO. See...this is my point. We don't know the facts yet.

We don't know the facts yet.

That's the point entirely. Unfortunately, people like to spectulate on things they have no knowledge about.

How do you "close" a 2,600 acre campus with 100 buildings and 26,000 students? A bunch of yellow tape?

Just sayin'.

:(

cancel classes and have school officials at each building informing students that classes are cancelled and that they should go home. Also, put it one all the local radio and TV stations that school is closed.

cancel classes and have school officials at each building informing students that classes are cancelled and that they should go home. Also, put it one all the local radio and TV stations that school is closed.

"Hey Bob. I know there is a gunman on the loose but could you please go stand outside the Chem building and tell people not to come to class?"

"Hey Bob. I know there is a gunman on the loose but could you please go stand outside the Chem building and tell people not to come to class?"

So having them in the classroom teaching is better? :(

:( Umm....sure boss....tiptoes away...

So having them in the classroom teaching is better? :(

So if there is a gunman on the loose, you would be more than happy to go stand in front of a building and tell people "Hey, there is a wild gunman loose. Don't go to class."????

I agree with your radio/TV comment, but to ask some school administrator to risk their life to go and stand in front a building to tell kids not to go to class is absolutely ludacris.

If someone came in my office and started popping caps, and if someone walked up to me and said "Hey, could you go and stand in the hallway and let people know they need to go home", I would laugh in their face.

So if there is a gunman on the loose, you would be more than happy to go stand in front of a building and tell people "Hey, there is a wild gunman loose. Don't go to class."????

I agree with your radio/TV comment, but to ask some school administrator to risk their life to go and stand in front a building to tell kids not to go to class is absolutely ludacris.

If someone came in my office and started popping caps, and if someone walked up to me and said "Hey, could you go and stand in the hallway and let people know they need to go home", I would laugh in their face.

Many of the professors actually care about the kids and I am sure you could get enough volunteers to help out.

If not, what about using campus security? You let the local authorities handle the manhunt and have your university security force informing students.

Many of the professors actually care about the kids and I am sure you could get enough volunteers to help out.

If not, what about using campus security? You let the local authorities handle the manhunt and have your university security force informing students.

Next time, they will be sure to get the professors who care and the campus security to do "Hands Across Campus" for the 3.75 square miles around the campus and get the others to go stand in front of every building entrance (200+ buildings with minimum of 2 entrances to each building).

Seriously, I understand that you don't believe that university officials didn't do enough, but be realistic in your assessments.

Next time, they will be sure to get the professors who care and the campus security to do "Hands Across Campus" for the 3.75 square miles around the campus and get the others to go stand in front of every building entrance (200+ buildings with minimum of 2 entrances to each building).

Seriously, I understand that you don't believe that university officials didn't do enough, but be realistic in your assessments.

I think that it is realistic to have a univerity official at all the entrances to the buildings. There may be 200 buildings but how many staff members work in each? You only need a couple volunteers from each building. At the time they didn't think there was an imminent threat, so the school would be utilizing a better safe than sorry policy. I do not think that the volunteers would be so horrified to stand outside the buildings.

While I agree (based on the limited available information) that a few-hours lag in informing everyone didn't help the situation... let's not pretend this isn't a relatively easy accomplishment. My school district (which is substantially larger and involveds thousands more students in multiple schools throughout the county) have an email alert system that can inform families when a school (or the entire system) is closed for any reason.

Now, I'm clear that in this situation, you have lots of people (potentially) already on campus, but with today's technology, email alerts, websites, phone systems... if the campus announced a closure immediately upon hearing of the first murders (when far fewer people were actually on-site, in classrooms, etc.)... it's reasonable to think that the level of carnage would have been a bit more limited.

Exactly....the point everyone is conveniently forgetting is that they thought it was a domestic shooting. They had a suspect and thought they knew where he was. NO one was expecting the massacre to happen.

I have been slightly disappointed in some of the students...but I really think it is the medias fault for exploiting them. I think it is terrible the way they have rushed to judgement as well. I also think it is obvious at all of the rumors running around..because you hear 20 different variations of what happened. Some say they got emails...some say they didn't...some say the shooter ran into all classrooms shooting...others say he only went in one or two. Then I heard one student this morning complaining about surveilance cameras or lack there of. Like cameras would have done anything...plus I can hear people now complaining about infringements on their privacy with video cameras. I just think everyone needs to sit back and find out the facts before we rush to judgement.

I think that it is realistic to have a univerity official at all the entrances to the buildings.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

I agree with Toro, who wholeheartedly disagrees with you.

I agree that the second-guessing is a load of crap.

It seems reasonable to treat a shooting of two people as an isolated incident, unless you happen to know in advance that the guy is gonna go somewhere else and kill another 31 or so.

Now let's hear the conspiracy theories about how it couldn't possibly have been one shooter and it must have been an NSA operation. :rolleyes:

sad day that will magnify the even sadder state of our society.

too many will use this horrific incident to push their agendas and highlight all the areas where we as a society disagree. Perhaps if we started all these debates from the points where we share common ground instead of the points where we disagree, there'd be more consideration for the victims and more likelihood that we'd make some progress on the issues that we all disagree on.

but nope. again it isn't about bettering ourselves as a society. it's about partisanship. it's about a country run by lawyers and political advisers none of whom were schooled to solve problems but rather to dance with rhetoric and win arguments.

:rolleyes: :lol: :dunno:

1st off. Eye witness accounts have been long proven to be inaccurate. You put 12 people in a room to watch a crime and you get 12 different variations of what happened. Now add a frenzied media with a bunch of kids who weren't even near the shooting explaining in detail what they think happened and now you have a fireball of muddied information that takes on a life of its own.

I said this yesterday...If you are going to complain about the police, pick up a gun and join the force. Then YOU can charge in guns blazing making all the decisions that will be ripped to shreads by the media and internet geeks the day of/after.

The school should have been cancelled for the day. But how that would happen is not for me to understand. I don't have all the info/logistics in front of me.

Fact is, we don't know what happened. Why he did what he did, and everyone is making judgements off of rumors and theory. Which is the completely wrong way to do things.

Save The Obese People! :rolleyes:

statistics do show that a FattyMcFatty is 45% less likely to escape a rampaging gunman. Not only is McFatty a much larger target, but he (she) is also a much slower runner AND is 34.6% less likely to find suitable cover.

With this in mind, we SHOULD ABSOLUTELY pass legislation regulating McDonalds. 2 fewer Big Macs would no doubt have resulted in 2 more lives being saved. :dunno: :lol:

There should be a Mothers For Drunk Shooting.

You gotta figure a drunken madman is gonna miss a lot of targets.

This incident makes the deadly perils of sober shooting painfuly obvious.

statistics do show that a FattyMcFatty is 45% less likely to escape a rampaging gunman. Not only is McFatty a much larger target, but he (she) is also a much slower runner AND is 34.6% less likely to find suitable cover.

With this in mind, we SHOULD ABSOLUTELY pass legislation regulating McDonalds. 2 fewer Big Macs would no doubt have resulted in 2 more lives being saved. :lol: :rolleyes:

:dunno:

With this in mind, we SHOULD ABSOLUTELY pass legislation regulating McDonalds. 2 fewer Big Macs would no doubt have resulted in 2 more lives being saved. :dunno: :unsure:

WRONG

Adding two Big Macs to McFatty McFattersons diet would ultimately result in 3 extra layers of blubber to shield from bullets. Thus we need legislation to cheapen the BigMac so that the McFattersons of the world can afford the extra burgers.

devils advocate

WRONG

Adding two Big Macs to McFatty McFattersons diet would ultimately result in 3 extra layers of blubber to shield from bullets.

Plus, fatties shield others from the gunfire.

You could line up 10 toothpick people across a hallway and shoot every one of them.

But two or three fatties would easily take up the whole width, reducing casuaties by at least 70%.

WRONG

Adding two Big Macs to McFatty McFattersons diet would ultimately result in 3 extra layers of blubber to shield from bullets. Thus we need legislation to cheapen the BigMac so that the McFattersons of the world can afford the extra burgers.

devils advocate

and this is exactly the type of weak-ass conslibvertism that we don't need in this country. Instead of a direct prevention to the problem, you argue for acceptance of the problem and hope that the extra blubber will minimize a situation that we COULD have prevented altogether had McFatAss just been able to run OR hide to begin with. It is this ass backwards thinking that allows Rush Clinton to poison your brains on a daily basis! You hear this crap on FOXNN and then just parrot it on this bored every day. It's old. It's tired. You lemming. :unsure:

and this is exactly the type of weak-ass conslibvertism that we don't need in this country. Instead of a direct prevention to the problem, you argue for acceptance of the problem and hope that the extra blubber will minimize a situation that we COULD have prevented altogether had McFatAss just been able to run OR hide to begin with. It is this ass backwards thinking that allows Rush Clinton to poison your brains on a daily basis! You hear this crap on FOXNN and then just parrot it on this bored every day. It's old. It's tired. You lemming. :unsure:

:dunno: You made my morning with this one.

Plus, fatties shield others from the gunfire.

You could line up 10 toothpick people across a hallway and shoot every one of them.

But two or three fatties would easily take up the whole width, reducing casuaties by at least 70%.

:unsure:

you'll even turn victimhood into a socialist program. It is up to each victim to handle his or her own situation. You expect one guy to just shield and cover for everyone else? Tough! He worked hard for what he's got, if the others want it, they have to go get it themselves... typical pinko... one guy does all the work and a bunch of leeches latch on for a free ride. :dunno:

:unsure:

you'll even turn victimhood into a socialist program. It is up to each victim to handle his or her own situation. You expect one guy to just shield and cover for everyone else? Tough! He worked hard for what he's got, if the others want it, they have to go get it themselves... typical pinko... one guy does all the work and a bunch of leeches latch on for a free ride. :dunno:

Well, I guess real results like a 70% reduction in fatalities just don't register with you.

It's much more important to vomit up the same old irrelevant party line than it is to do something that actually makes a difference.

asslemming.