Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

So..I was playing basketball tonight and possible broke my foot

It's more then likely not "broken" in the traditional broken foot people think. But you may have a few minor breaks in some of the smaller bones. There is not much they can do for you if that is the case. Ice off and on throughout the day. Never longer the 15 minutes or so.

Also, don't drink the coors light while hooping it up!

Did you get the rebound? Or did the kid? :( :banana:

It's more then likely not "broken" in the traditional broken foot people think. But you may have a few minor breaks in some of the smaller bones. There is not much they can do for you if that is the case. Ice off and on throughout the day. Never longer the 15 minutes or so.

Also, don't drink the coors light while hooping it up!

Did you get the rebound? Or did the kid? :( :banana:

Wanna fly out and "massage" is for me? :banana:

Wanna fly out and "massage" is for me? :banana:

If by "massage" you mean hit your foot with a sledge hammer, sure. :(

there is still no cure for the gay. :banana:

Getting a little harder to wake up every morning, is it? :wacko:

I hate to tell you this, but you'd better hope its broken.

If not, you sprained the hell out of it, which means that all the tendons are shot. Basically, when you really twist your ankle badly, all the tendons that hold the ankle in place are extremely stretched out. The problem is that the tendons are very slow to heal and never go back to the way they were before, so your ankle will hurt on and off for years, and it will make it much easier for you to injure it again in the future.

I really screwed up my ankle playing basketball last Septemeber and that is what happened to me. The tendons STILL ache a fair amount, and it stretches all the way up my calf. It sucks. Bad. Sorry. :banana:

Update?

[i've done that to my ankles throughout the years, never broken but badly sprained.

Sorry dude. R&R for quite a while. And wear ankle braces from here on out.]

That doesn't look like a sprained ankle to me, and I've sprained my ankles a dozen or so times. The fact that I can actually see your ankle bone at all and the swelling is on the top of your foot makes me think you broke a bone in your foot as opposed to an ankle sprain. :dunno:

I stayed at a Holiday inn last night :thumbsup:

I hate to tell you this, but you'd better hope its broken.

If not, you sprained the hell out of it, which means that all the tendons are shot. Basically, when you really twist your ankle badly, all the tendons that hold the ankle in place are extremely stretched out. The problem is that the tendons are very slow to heal and never go back to the way they were before, so your ankle will hurt on and off for years, and it will make it much easier for you to injure it again in the future.

I really screwed up my ankle playing basketball last Septemeber and that is what happened to me. The tendons STILL ache a fair amount, and it stretches all the way up my calf. It sucks. Bad. Sorry. :(

True Dat. I tore all the ligaments in my ankle 30 years ago. Wish I had been a weatherman. I am much better at predicting rain, rapid shifts in temp etc. When I walk 9 holes I can't just sit at the 19th hole. I have to get up about every 20 minutes or it stiffens up so bad I can't walk for about 5 minutes when I first stand up. Ligament damage is far worse than broken bones.

Give us an update SUX. I will be thinking about you. :cheers:

Just got back from the doc. He told me he didn't think it was broken, but I guess with feet it's kinda hard to tell :lol:

Got a soft cast (supporting thing?)and crutches, was told to not put any weight on it at all until possibly Sunday if the swelling goes down. Ice 3 times a day, advil, blah blah blah...

No work for a week :rolleyes:

Only problem is my Grandma had congestive heart failure (?) a couple days ago and is expected to pass away tomorrow or the next day. Gotta figure out a way to get there to be with her before she passes. :(

The real bad news is that you focks are gonna have to put up with me alot more then normal for the next week. I'm thinking approx 100 + posts a day :first:

Just got back from the doc. He told me he didn't think it was broken, but I guess with feet it's kinda hard to tell :lol:

Got a soft cast (supporting thing?)and crutches, was told to not put any weight on it at all until possibly Sunday if the swelling goes down. Ice 3 times a day, advil, blah blah blah...

No work for a week :first:

Only problem is my Grandma had congestive heart failure (?) a couple days ago and is expected to pass away tomorrow or the next day. Gotta figure out a way to get there to be with her before she passes. :(

The real bad news is that you focks are gonna have to put up with me alot more then normal for the next week. I'm thinking approx 100 + posts a day

Fascinating. They have this new invention called "X-rays" which lets you take a picture of the bone and, in most cases, confirm a break. It hasn't gotten everywhere yet, but you might mention it to your doc, maybe he could find a newfangled hospital place that has such a machine. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. :(

Fascinating. They have this new invention called "X-rays" which lets you take a picture of the bone and, in most cases, confirm a break. It hasn't gotten everywhere yet, but you might mention it to your doc, maybe he could find a newfangled hospital place that has such a machine. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. :(

X-RAYS? Like Superman??? WOW :first:

Xrays were taken, and I guess (like I said earlier) that it is very difficult to tell with all the bones that make up ones feets. :lol:

There were no obvious breaks, but possible bone chips mebbe

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. :first:

Well, Jerr, in some cases when the swelling is too severe, the x-ray wont reveal squat. Probably not broken, SUX, but that bastard has got to hurt like a mo'fo'!

Well, Jerr, in some cases when the swelling is too severe, the x-ray wont reveal squat. Probably not broken, SUX, but that bastard has got to hurt like a mo'fo'!

Honestly it doesn't hurt too bad :first:

Also, I was pretty drunk / buzzed when it happened.

Also, also, thanxs for putting our resident web perv in his place :rolleyes:

X-RAYS? Like Superman??? WOW :rolleyes:

Superman only uses his X-ray vision to see thru women's clothes. Thought this was common knowledge.

Glad nothing appears broken and obviously ligament damage is non-existent.

Sorry about your g'ma. :first:

Karnack voice.......I see many pizzas delivered to your bullet proof gate.

sorry to hear about yer garnny SUX. That sux. :(

Appreciate it :rolleyes:

It's her time to go. She has led a wonderful life and her quality of life for the past couple years has been not too hot.

Also, don't cheat me on the albumn thread :( It was bad enough when that bananna focker cheated me out of my rightful place in the Geek brackets

:first:

Superman only uses his X-ray vision to see thru women's clothes. Thought this was common knowledge.

Glad nothing appears broken and obviously ligament damage is non-existent.

Sorry about your g'ma. :(

Karnack voice.......I see many pizzas delivered to your bullet proof gate.

Hell no...Tonight is BBQ Tri Tip, sauteed shrooms in Chaka sauce, parmesan cheese french bread and garlic mashed potatos night :lol:

Honestly it doesn't hurt too bad :first:

Also, I was pretty drunk / buzzed when it happened.

Also, also, thanxs for putting our resident web perv in his place :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, I figured they took those fancy X-rays, and I know the foot has a lot of teenie bones which, along with the swelling, would make a conclusive diagnosis difficult.

Mostly I'm posting to laugh at you for drinking and basketballing. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I figured they took those fancy X-rays, and I know the foot has a lot of teenie bones which, along with the swelling, would make a conclusive diagnosis difficult.

Mostly I'm posting to laugh at you for drinking and basketballing. :lol:

Pretty much the only thing in life that I don't do without beer is my job :first:

Also, laugh away. I deserve it :rolleyes:

Appreciate it :unsure:

It's her time to go. She has led a wonderful life and her quality of life for the past couple years has been not too hot.

Also, don't cheat me on the albumn thread :wall: It was bad enough when that bananna focker cheated me out of my rightful place in the Geek brackets

:dunno:

Hell no...Tonight is BBQ Tri Tip, sauteed shrooms in Chaka sauce, parmesan cheese french bread and garlic mashed potatos night :wacko:

Is the sauce from this guy? MMMM sauce

Is the sauce from this guy? MMMM sauce

Yep, you got it..good stuff :D

Also, babycakes, it might be broken, but it doesn't hurt at the moment, so :huh:

Thanx for the nice response :mad:

Yep, you got it..good stuff :wub:

Also, babycakes, it might be broken, but it doesn't hurt at the moment, so :P

Thanx for the nice response :)

The guy that made that sauce is from where I live (Manteca CA). He is a huge racist against white folk. He used to have a BBQ joint that went out of business. Some say it was because of his racism. But my brother makes a grill sauce that blows his away. Uncle Skippy's This is his MySpace page. He has an actual website that you can order from also. If you are interested in some I could probably sed you a bottle to try out. :wacko: