Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2007 NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: Minnesota Vikings

Skol Vikes!

For the love of God, just don't draft Brady Quinn.

What WRs do you think will still be there in Round 2? I'm hoping we take Gonzalez out of THEE Ohio State. Would there be better options though?

What WRs do you think will still be there in Round 2? I'm hoping we take Gonzalez out of THEE Ohio State. Would there be better options though?

Gonzalez should be there, and Sydney Rice might be there.

I think Rice is ahead of Gonzalez, but either would be OK.

Any shot that the Vikes could move up to the late first to nab Jarrett if hes still there?

I think Rice is ahead of Gonzalez, but either would be OK.

I am guessing the Vikings will probably shy away from a South Carolina receiver who is considered a bit raw at this point. :thumbsdown:

Any shot that the Vikes could move up to the late first to nab Jarrett if hes still there?

I would be all for that but I am not sure Jarrett fits into the Childress "contact category." According to the Johnson chart it would probably cost the Vikings a 4 this year or a 3 next year to trade up several spots from their second into the bottom rung of the first. I believe it would be worth that though. I don't believe that Steve Smith will make it to the Vikings in the second.

I am guessing the Vikings will probably shy away from a South Carolina receiver who is considered a bit raw at this point. :shocking:

I agree. :thumbsdown:

who r u guys hoping for at 7? you really want Petersen after all the $$$ invested in Taylor? What about Landry, Willis or Okoye assuming Pat Williams doesnt player forever?

who r u guys hoping for at 7? you really want Petersen after all the $$$ invested in Taylor? What about Landry, Willis or Okoye assuming Pat Williams doesnt player forever?

Peterson would be awesome. Hes an elite talent that the Vikings need right now. We can pound the rock with him and Taylor while Tjax develops. I don't think Okoye is needed because of the two pro bowlers on the D line. sure they won't play forever but we need a kick in the ass on offense if we want to win games. If Tjax doesnt pan out theres a good chance we are picking very high next year anyways and can add a QB to go along with stud RB's and a solid line. The WR's can be found in later rounds IMO.

who r u guys hoping for at 7? you really want Petersen after all the $$$ invested in Taylor?

Taylor's deal was 4 years, 14 million with only 5.6 guaranteed and probably off the books at this point. They did not invest alot in him.

Taylor's deal was 4 years, 14 million with only 5.6 guaranteed and probably off the books at this point. They did not invest alot in him.

yea thats not really bad at all. For some reason I though the had one of those standard 4/20 or 5/25 deals. Right now, unless someone trades up, it looks like Peterson will fall into your lap.

yea thats not really bad at all. For some reason I though the had one of those standard 4/20 or 5/25 deals. Right now, unless someone trades up, it looks like Peterson will fall into your lap.

If I remember correctly they signed him the first day of free agency. And being he had been a backup in Baltimore they got him at a pretty reasonable price for now a starting back. The Vikings need playmakers on offense more than just about any team in the league and I would be very happy if they took Peterson.

I hope your right.

I think no matter who is available (besides obv CJ) the Vikings will take Landry.

I think no matter who is available (besides obv CJ) the Vikings will take Landry.

That's what Mike Morris said, and I guess he's called it correctly 5 out of the last 6 years. I would have no problem with Landry.

Alot seem to be hoping that Peterson drops. Wasnt Chester adequate to good last year? Isnt there more dire needs than RB. QB, WR, DBs, TE, LB all seem like more pressing needs.

Alot seem to be hoping that Peterson drops. Wasnt Chester adequate to good last year? Isnt there more dire needs than RB. QB, WR, DBs, TE, LB all seem like more pressing needs.

:rabblerouser: :thumbsdown:

I would be all for that but I am not sure Jarrett fits into the Childress "contact category." According to the Johnson chart it would probably cost the Vikings a 4 this year or a 3 next year to trade up several spots from their second into the bottom rung of the first. I believe it would be worth that though. I don't believe that Steve Smith will make it to the Vikings in the second.

If the Pats think they can still grab one of their targets (CB/LB) with the Vikes early 2nd rounder, and pick up a 3rd next season it wouldn't suprise me at all if they traded their #28 pick to MIN. Which would be a perfect spot for them to grab Jarrett. That's text book BB/Pioli.

Scott Wright has us taking AP and he's been pretty solid on his mocks as of late. Also saw on NFL Network that the Vikes "snuck" Peterson in to Minnesota last night for a last second meeting.

That's interesting to say the least. Looks like there's hope for all the A.P. wishers yet?

Thats what I thought as well. There have been numerous reports about how the Vikings are worried about selling tickets this year and if Peterson is available at #7 it is a sure fire way to spark some interest. No matter what the Vikings think about who their guy is the Wilf family may be thinking about that very issue. Adrian Peterson should put more buts in seats right now than anyone else we'd be looking at. All of this of course becomes complete sh*t if the Browns or Cardinals snatch him up. :pointstosky:

Great to see the Vikes fans in here. We are dominating the PINNED board! I like the thought of the 1 - 2 punch of Chester and Adrian. Nothing can make a quarterback look better than he is than a good running game. With our linemen in their second year together, I think this can take a lot of pressure of Jackson (I hope they give him the job over Bollinger). I am looking for an action packed draft. :pointstosky:

Great to see the Vikes fans in here. We are dominating the PINNED board! I like the thought of the 1 - 2 punch of Chester and Adrian. Nothing can make a quarterback look better than he is than a good running game. With our linemen in their second year together, I think this can take a lot of pressure of Jackson (I hope they give him the job over Bollinger). I am looking for an action packed draft. :pointstosky:

:ninja:

Morn' all, SKOL

I'm rooting for the No Qinn or Anderson pick, after that I dont see much down side to the first 7 picks :pointstosky:

Seriously, I wouldnt consider Taylor to be a top 5 weakness. 1500 all purpose yds is not bad.

Seriously, I wouldnt consider Taylor to be a top 5 weakness. 1500 all purpose yds is not bad.

Mine and alot of peoples thinking is that the Vikings are as talent poor as any team in the entire NFL at the skill positions and for playmakers. Since Calvin Johnson won't be available, Peterson is the next best one in the draft. If you can throw out both Taylor and Peterson with the team's ability to run block, it would take some pressure off Jackson and mask the group that Childress likes to call a "receiving corps" somewhat.

Mine and alot of peoples thinking is that the Vikings are as talent poor as any team in the entire NFL at the skill positions and for playmakers. Since Calvin Johnson won't be available, Peterson is the next best one in the draft. If you can throw out both Taylor and Peterson with the team's ability to run block, it would take some pressure off Jackson and mask the group that Childress likes to call a "receiving corps" somewhat.

I wonder what the real story is on his collar bone though :first:

I wonder what the real story is on his collar bone though :first:

The people who matter probably know. They have supposedly known since the combine. I guess we will see today what it is by how far he lasts on the board.

I may be reading too much into it, but it really seems like the last few days the Vikings were leaking information to every source they have that they do not like Peterson and he wouldn't fit in here. This after being as far as has been reported the only player in the draft invited to Winter Park by himself.

I may be reading too much into it, but it really seems like the last few days the Vikings were leaking information to every source they have that they do not like Peterson and he wouldn't fit in here. This after being as far as has been reported the only player in the draft invited to Winter Park by himself.

Everybody and their brother knows that the #6 pick is free for the taking. With all the late talk about Landry moving up a lot of teams draft boards, the Vikes are probably a little nervous that Peterson and Landry could both be gone before #7 rolls around.

Everybody and their brother knows that the #6 pick is free for the taking. With all the late talk about Landry moving up a lot of teams draft boards, the Vikes are probably a little nervous that Peterson and Landry could both be gone before #7 rolls around.

While talking about how much they don't think Peterson fits in, they also were leaking that they were going to take Landry if he were on the board. Seems pretty weird really.

How would you guys feel if the Vikes traded the farm to get Calvin? I know its not going to happen but is this something that fans would support? I know hes a stud but it would hurt to give up all those picks wouldnt it?

How would you guys feel if the Vikes traded the farm to get Calvin? I know its not going to happen but is this something that fans would support? I know hes a stud but it would hurt to give up all those picks wouldnt it?

According to the chart, it would take their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks to get up to the #2 slot. No matter how bad the season looks to be on paper, I can't see them making another Herschel Walker-type deal. Not getting Cutler in the last draft set them back two years and I can't see how this wouldn't all but do the same.

I wouldn't want to give up more than a first and a second for Johnson. Too many holes, and there should still be an impact player left at 7.

It may not be wise according to conventional wisdom, but I think it would stem the tide against the team at this point. I would be in favor of it.

Here we go boys. Lets have a successful day one. Please get us a playmaker! :ninja: