Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2007 NFL Draft- Round One: General Discussion**

-40-

What's up with Schefter (NFLN) reporting each pick before it's actually in :dunno:

(reporting AR is taking Levi Brown with 8min left on the clock)

Good sources? :blink:

1.05-Arizona Cardinals-Levi Brown, OT

Too early IMHO, but Arizona does need to work on its O-line.

Brown (assuming Thomas would be gone) has been rumored to be taken by the Cards for weeks. That wasn't much of a surprise there.

-40-

Good sources? :dunno:

Yeah I got that part of it... :dunno: ... I was just curious why the NFL or the teams allow him to take what they told him and report it... why tell him at all if he's going to announce your picks before you submit them? :blink: Just seems a little strange to me.

Wasn't that too early for Levi Brown? I didn't have him in the top ten. I guess they couldn't trade down.

Wasn't that too early for Levi Brown? I didn't have him in the top ten. I guess they couldn't trade down.

OT's and DL always go earlier than expected. Just like safetys usually go later IRL than in mocks.

When is mr Peterson going to get picked :dunno: - - the injury bug must be scaring a lot of these teams away.

OT's and DL always go earlier than expected. Just like safetys usually go later IRL than in mocks.

I just double checked my sheets. I have maybe 4 or 5 O Linemen going in the first. With it being a huge need area, I can see why Arizona reached a bit. I retract my earlier incredulity.

I'm not drunk enough, if I'm dropping words like incredulity into sentences. :rolleyes:

Has anyone posted an over/under on the number of times the players mom's thank god?

Has anyone posted an over/under on the number of times the players mom's thank God?

fixed your post :lol: Capital G!!!! ;)

Pretty good place to start though :rolleyes:

And Quinn continues to slide.

Nothing yet, however, that gives me hope that the player I'd really like to see the Steelers get will fall that far.

I am very glad, though, that the Falcons will not have the option of taking Peterson. I wonder if, with the recent ridiculousness of Vick, if the Falcons will consider Brady Quinn.

And incidentally, I feel badly for Jamarcus Russell.

I think this all still makes Jamaal Anderson the pick for the Falcons...

Quinn dropping I think makes Quinn the easy choice for the phins.

As for the Texans...no idea since Levi Brown is gone.

I know this is the top 10 thread, but I'm still hoping my 9ers get Willis.

Just remember a few years ago when the Bengals took Levi Jones much earlier than anyone expected. He turned out pretty good, and better than I anticipated. I think Levi Brown will be much like that.

fixed your post :mad: Capital G!!!! :mad:

Pretty good place to start though :dunno:

Hey I don't push my non-religion agenda on you ;)

1.08-Atlanta Falcons-Jamaal Anderson, DE

Not a big fan of Jamaal Anderson, but I understand the pick. I think there were better options. But I'll take it, because that means there's one more worthwhile player up toward the top here. :dunno:

1.08-Atlanta Falcons-Jamaal Anderson, DE

ATL just likes the name :dunno:

He might have lost some cash on the slide, but this will end up a great place for Quinn to land!!

I concur. This would be good for all involved.

Brady Quinn is this year's Aaron Rogers.

I believe he just isn't as good as most people think.

On second thought, perhaps the Dolphins don't want to be competitive. That was amazing. Pathetic, but amazing. Not only is he less of a need, he's less of a value, and probably overrated where he was supposed to be. That was certainly a most interesting selection for the Dolphins.

There will be tears in Southern Florida tonight.

If the Pack Bites at 16, i don't know how I'll feel. I hated it a few years back when Rodgers came tumbling down. Quinn in not going, without a trade scenario thru pick. :huh:

And now where does he slide to? Kansas City at 23? Baltimore at 29? How about Chicago at 31?

I honestly think that he is going to be a better pro than Jamarcus Russell. Of course, Russell going to the Raiders makes that a somewhat light prediction. :huh:

And now where does he slide to? Kansas City at 23? Baltimore at 29? How about Chicago at 31?

I honestly think that he is going to be a better pro than Jamarcus Russell. Of course, Russell going to the Raiders makes that a somewhat light prediction. :lol:

Panthers maybe? :huh:

Panthers maybe? :huh:

Nah, with Delhomme and now Carr I can't see them taking Quinn. Maybe Dallas?

I like that pick a lot. I think Okoye really helps them. Landry would have been beautiful, but there was no way he was going to fall that far. If Brown was still on the board, he's the pick, but I think making that defensive line that much stronger, and with a guy that has a very good work ethic to boot, is going to greatly benefit the Texans. If they take an OL in the second round, their draft could be very good.