Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Basketball Geeks: Does San Antonio have any chance at all vs. King James?

Is it too late to bring Larry Brown back?

Can you image the hype this series would get if Dumars had taken Melo like everyone wanted?

Melo vs Bron? :cheers:

I thought Larry Brown leaving was the biggest mistake evah. I realize he's a nomad and all but he had an opportunity to create a dynasty there. Flip isn't anywhere near his league.

The Pistons seem to miss Larry Brown more and more every time I watch them. They don't rotate well on defense and take way too long getting their half-court offense uncorked.

The Pistons fans we have here are disappointing. They abandon ship as soon as things go poorly and start talking trash against their own team. Come on, guys....show some class and stick by your team. They came back and beat Cleveland last year. They can do it again.

I'm just being realistic and objective. I could put on my red, white and blue pistons glasses and paint a pretty picture then I'd be called a homer.

I thought Larry Brown leaving was the biggest mistake evah. I realize he's a nomad and all but he had an opportunity to create a dynasty there. Flip isn't anywhere near his league.

Bill davisons didn't like him because "he was a bad person"

Not much any team could've done with that.

However, now we are seeing how much the Pistons really miss Ben. Honestly, they seemed fine maybe even better off without Ben..until this series. There is NO way Bron gets that layup and 2 dunks to tie/win the game with Ben in there. Ben also sparked the team, which is what they need, no player is stepping up for the Stones and sparking their team. At times, Rip, Billups, Sheed, and Tay have played well, but, they need one player, espessially in the 4th, to take over.

Everyone underestimated Cleveland. They are playing extremly well, espessially in the clutch.

Usually you can tell if the Pistons are about to make a miraculous comeback and take a game or series......i think they are just done. Done forever??? I think they will go deep into the playoffs as long as Chauncey stays, but, a championship??? I can't see that happening, they don't have that edge they use to have, the talent is still there, but, it means nothing without the edge.

However, there is a small chance they could revamp themselves. They obviously has to win game 6. I will make a prediction...

If the Pistons win game 6, they will win it all. The Pistons will have to regain the edge to win game 6, and if they do that, they can matchup to the Spurs. Cleveland can't, and i still say they will get swept if they do pull it off.

Of course they have a chance. King James will make sure of that. In fact I think Cleveland is going to win in 6

<_< :clap: :clap: :doh:

Wow, GREAT job Cleveland!!!! They beat a far superior team talent and experience wise, they did it by just having more heart and determanation and executing much better.

Detroit won't win again for a while until they get a bigtime player. In 04', they won just based off their determanation, heart, will, and executing to near perfection in the finals, that is what made them great and why they could win without having and super stars. They were considerably more talented than that team this year and more experienced. However, they lost that edge that Cleveland showed in the series. Without it, not having a super star to go to really hurts your chances.

Honestly, Piston fans had not missed Ben until this series. I thought they looked better than ever. They developed their bench, #1 in the east, started the playoffs 7-0. Then, they went into a slump, but, had a great game 6 on the road to beat Chicago. Then...this series started. Every single game had a very weird feeling, as if they just lossed it. Ususally, in situations like they had in almost every game, where they are lacking energy and needing a spark, Big Ben would make a huge block or something and instantly spark this team and that would be the end of it.

But, we seen that Detroit needs Ben to go all the way. However, i think they have to look to land a Garnett or someone like that in the offseason. They will never win a championship without that one super star to spark them when they are down.

However, Detroit needs Ben as much as Ben needs Detroit, he clearly doesn't have the same effect in Chicago. Detroit was the perfect fit for Ben, and he made a huge mistake of leaving for a few extra bucks.

Cleveland might actually win a game or two vs. the Spurs...but, i am still predicting a sweep.

Wow, GREAT job Cleveland!!!! They beat a far superior team talent and experience wise, they did it by just having more heart and determanation and executing much better.

WHat an ignorant statement. Maybe Detroit was a far superior team 3 or 4 years ago, but that's not the case anymore. Was Detroit better? Maybe, but the gap isn't nearly as wide as you'd like to think. I know you're young and to blatant of a homer to have an objective opinion, but next time at least watch some of the games before making these types of ridiculous comments. Cleveland probably could have won this series in 5 had they not melted down in Game 2. They were the better team for the majority of the series. Period. Detroit was not that great. Sorry to break the news to you, kid, but the fact of the matter is there's a reason why they lost so many games this year. They're old and offensive inept.

Dumars was 100% right in not paying Ben Wallace 15 mil over 4 years. You can say they missed him in Game 5 when LeBron was taking it to the rack and scoring but it still doesn't change the fact the Cavs outplayed the Pistons in this series and this blowout tonight proves it. I highly doubt the presence of Ben Wallace would have changed the outcome...the offense sucked the entire series and he certainly could not have helped out there and they were just one step slow across the board.

WHat an ignorant statement. Maybe Detroit was a far superior team 3 or 4 years ago, but that's not the case anymore. Was Detroit better? Maybe, but the gap isn't nearly as wide as you'd like to think. I know you're young and to blatant of a homer to have an objective opinion, but next time at least watch some of the games before making these types of ridiculous comments. Cleveland probably could have won this series in 5 had they not melted down in Game 2. They were the better team for the majority of the series. Period. Detroit was not that great. Sorry to break the news to you, kid, but the fact of the matter is there's a reason why they lost so many games this year. They're old and offensive inept.

Whoa, i just gave Cleveland all the credit in the world, i just stated the fact that Detroit was the superior team in talent and experience..which is why many people expected a relatively easy sweep. As we saw many times in the past, as early as the Golden State series, heart and determaination can and does overcome a lack of talent.

So, overall, don't really get the point in your post. Cleveland was the FAR superior team in the series, they outplayed them every game, but, i was saying they did that dispite the fact Detroit had the superior talent and experience.

They may have had more experience, but the talent gap isn't, and was very much proven, as wide as you'd like to think. Like I said, I know you're a kid and like the Pistons and all, but you need to take off the homer glasses for a minute and realize the Pistons made it through the Eastern conference with a lot of smoke and mirrors. Had they been in the Western Conference they would have been lucky to be a 5th seed. They're just not that good anymore. And I don't know where or who you heard say that the Pistons were going to sweep the Cavs, but if that was the case they needed to have their writing/speaking rights stripped away from them.

Seeing in how I didn't watch the first two games of the series and then I saw pretty much every minute of the last four, I like to think I had as much to do with Cleveland winning as L. James did.

:lol:

:sleep:

Easy for you to say that now, but most everyone was saying Detroit would sweep or at least win in 5.

:thumbsup: What is this thread about? The guy from the 1600's? :banana:

Of course they have a chance. King James will make sure of that. In fact I think Cleveland is going to win in 6

wOw :banana:

that was only the 3rd or 4th post into this thread too......

way to go Cdub :dunno:

They may have had more experience, but the talent gap isn't, and was very much proven, as wide as you'd like to think. Like I said, I know you're a kid and like the Pistons and all, but you need to take off the homer glasses for a minute and realize the Pistons made it through the Eastern conference with a lot of smoke and mirrors. Had they been in the Western Conference they would have been lucky to be a 5th seed. They're just not that good anymore. And I don't know where or who you heard say that the Pistons were going to sweep the Cavs, but if that was the case they needed to have their writing/speaking rights stripped away from them.

Most people were saying Stones in 4, 5, or maybe 6. Up until this series, they were probably the most dominant team in the playoffs, and looked to easily cruise to the finals.

Well, i guess i, and most NBA fans, disagree with you on the talent. Having Rip, Tay, Chauncey, Sheed...4 all-star caliber players, along with players like C-webb, Dyess, Maxiell, is usually better than having basically Bron and a bunch of inconsistent role players. That is what makes Detroit losing 4 strait and the series an bit more, umm...pathetic i guess you can say. All Detroit had to do was keep their composure, play hard and execute, like Detroit of old, and they would've had it in the bag. Instead, they let flippin Bob GIBSON run all over them in the elimination game.