Sign in to follow this  
itsbigmoni

Need a white mans perspective

In my area, our biggest stereo types are either 7-11 worker, or ice cream truck driver. And i'm not the biggest fan of Gandhi. I rarely call myself indian-american or any of that non-sense. If someone asks me where i'm from i say Fresno. Then they ask, nah like, where were you born. I say fresno community hospital. Then they're like nah you know, what are you. I say, umm american, what are you? But yea, if people do ask what ethnicity i am, i say punjabi.

Two out of three portray geeks - thanks for proving my point!

So you are saying that Indians and middle easterners are the same?

So you are saying that Indians and middle easterners are the same?

I know you are f0cking retarded. I didn't say they are the same. I said they are all portrayed as typically three types of people, and you proved my point. I'm sorry you keep losing to a girl. Get over it.

when i think of indian people, i think of:

honor student

doctor

investment banker

engineer

business owner

actor/actress/bollywood

successfully married

indian terrorist or oil barron? lol! umm, i think that answers your question about whites and racism because oil and terrorist never come to mind when i think of east indians.

btw,

for how long have pakistani and indian people been labeling themselves as brown?

I guess the difference is that I didn't use it as an excuse when I don't take care of myself.

i don't understand this post. :huh:

I know you are f0cking retarded. I didn't say they are the same. I said they are all portrayed as typically three types of people, and you proved my point. I'm sorry you keep losing to a girl. Get over it.

The girl inferiority complex card this soon? Come on, Mona. So you believe yourself that I should be embarrassed for losing to a girl? That's kind of sad. That and the fact that you didn't know the difference between Indian and middle eastern.

:huh:

when i think of indian people, i think of:

honor student

doctor

investment banker

engineer

business owner

actor/actress/bollywood

successfully married

indian terrorist or oil barron? lol! umm, i think that answers your question about whites and racism because oil and terrorist never come to mind when i think of east indians.

btw,

for how long have pakistani and indian people been labeling themselves as brown?

i don't understand this post. :huh:

I dunno, in cali its been goin on for a while. With my friends and cousins it started more of a joke. Like, you never ask a black man what he is and you never ask a white man what he is. So when people would ask us what we are, we would say brown. Then there was a wave of those UPS shirts. You know, "what can brown do for you." But then there are too many brown people in the world.

Thats another thing, i associate more with pakistanis than i do with indians. Punjab got split in half by the british government in 1948 when they left. Why you would have non-south asian people from thousands of miles away make the border is beyond me. Which is why i don't claim to be indian, because man-drawn borders don't determine who or what i am. Well, i guess if i was born and raised in india, my passport would say i'm indian, so those borders would determine what i am. I guess its more ideological when i say that about my ethnicity.

Thats another thing, i associate more with pakistanis than i do with indians. Punjab got split in half by the british government in 1948 when they left. Why you would have non-south asian people from thousands of miles away make the border is beyond me. Which is why i don't claim to be indian, because man-drawn borders don't determine who or what i am. Well, i guess if i was born and raised in india, my passport would say i'm indian, so those borders would determine what i am. I guess its more ideological when i say that about my ethnicity.

In that case, then I am Pangean!!!

The girl inferiority complex card this soon? Come on, Mona. So you believe yourself that I should be embarrassed for losing to a girl? That's kind of sad. That and the fact that you didn't know the difference between Indian and middle eastern.

:huh:

I like everyone pulls out "cards" according to you. But of course, you never do right. Wait, don't you pull out the "well we're right so we can't complain about racism towards us because according to everyone else, theres no such thing" card. Thats right, you do.

Anyways, she's made it clear she knows the difference. She was saying in movies, thats how they are portrayed. Not what SHE thinks, but what they are portrayed as. Even though, i think she was kinda off as far as what we're portrayed as, that wasn't even the important part.

From what i've seen, its either geeks, like she said, or Dr.'s fresh from india that have a thick accent.

The chick from E.R. is holdin it down for us. No accent plus she's not indian, she's punjabi.

In that case, then I am Pangean!!!

Whats that.

60% of my daughter's college friends are brown.

she said it's the first time she's ever been in a school environment where her race doesn't come up. she said she hasn't had one uncomfortable moment yet. no one has ever slipped and said something racist by accident.

I like everyone pulls out "cards" according to you. But of course, you never do right. Wait, don't you pull out the "well we're right so we can't complain about racism towards us because according to everyone else, theres no such thing" card. Thats right, you do.

You say your American yet you can't write English?

:confusing:

That was pretty bad english. Give me a math problem i'll be on top of that though.

I never tire of seeing Toro get owned. Watching him trying to pretend he isn't owned by telling people they said or implied something that they never said nor implied... is priceless!

:wub:

HOLY FOCKING LMAO!!!

Did I mention priceless? Thanks for the laughs today, Toro. EXPERTLY done! :huh:

That was pretty bad english.

Yores wuz batter then hiz. ;)

Yes, Us Americans are known for our mastery of the English language...

HOLY FOCKING LMAO!!!

Did I mention priceless? Thanks for the laughs today, Toro. EXPERTLY done! :ninja:

Yores wuz batter then hiz. :D

:banana:

sounds more like stereotyping than racism to me. :banana:

Agree. Everyone does their fair share of stereotyping others rather you would like to admit it or not. It could be color, weight, job, sex, we always have our opinion made up about others without every talking to them. Sure that opinion changes once we get to know them, but with everything going on in the world and the daily stories we hear on the news we are going to connect people's looks or past in some way with other experiences we've had through out our lives. Unfortunately you are connected to a negative situation just because of the color of your skin, and that then causes you to have to prove yourself. As a woman I'm looked upon as week, a sex object, a b!tch and emotional...some of those are true...although I have to prove myself to show that the others are not. It sucks, but you can't look into things and worry about other's biasness and ignorance.

If my turban could get me free drinks like your teets can for you, maybe it'd be easier. But yea, sexism is still prevalent. When i went to wal-mart yesterday lookin for spray on tint i headed over to the paint section. As i was walkin up, i noticed a chick was manning the station and i assumed right away she would have no idea what i was talkin about. I know i know, it puts me in the same boat as the guy from the bar.

I was using some spray on tint for my tail lights so i could black them out. The reason i figured she wouldn't know was because i assumed she would have no idea what i'm talkin about when it comes to cars and stuff. When i went to hobby town the guy knew right away but they didn't have enough.

(black people stereotype each other too...on my black hair care site there was once a thread about whether you've ever been racist to another black person. omg, the stories, like one girl said she went into a clothing store and avoided the black salespeople because she felt they wouldn't be as helpful as the white salespeople. i guess we all need to check ourselves.)

Peenie, i sent you a private message or an email, dunno which. Let me know if you got it.

(black people stereotype each other too...on my black hair care site there was once a thread about whether you've ever been racist to another black person. omg, the stories, like one girl said she went into a clothing store and avoided the black salespeople because she felt they wouldn't be as helpful as the white salespeople. i guess we all need to check ourselves.)

She does have a point :dunno:

shut up strike! you are evil!

i didn't receive a pm. :dunno:

As a woman I'm looked upon as week

No, you are looked upon as a retard, much like Toro... who cun't spel write.

Quick, everyone run!!! Itsbigmoni has a bomb!!!! :banana:

:banana:

frau4bzna@hotmail.com

But it just made my belief stronger that white people are "racist." Again, i think most people wouldn't consciously act on it and if we were at the same table would give me a chance, but that doesn't happen all the time.

Oh don't fool yourself. The black people think that way about you too. I mean come on man I am not saying that you are a terrorist by any means but it would be stupid to think after 9/11 anyone from the middle east would not get prejudged. Im a white man and I will do a double take on a middle eastern person any day of the week and twice on sunday before I even look at a black person. You wanna know why? Because black people don't blow themselves up. Simple as that. I am sorry that you feel like you are being discriminated against. But you have not seen anything yet. Wait till we go to war with IRAN. I am just being realistic here.

Sounds like the messican guy wants to fock you up the ass. :banana:

I hate saying this because i think its wrong in most cases, but this is more to explain the differences, not to blame muslims. Most muslims don't wear turbans. The ayatohllas and some other people do, but a majority of them don't. A terrorist would especially avoid wearing a turban because thats unnecessary attention. If you see a turbaned guy, you should be happy. My religion is Sikhism and its most prominent in north west punjab, which borders pakistan.

Would you be afraid of these guys?

http://www.utterwonder.com/archives/images/sikhs%20copy.jpg

SFW

But yea, i hate saying that because, after 9-11 our church went on a mini marketing campaign saying, we're not the terrorist, its the muslims. Which i think is the wrong message.

I never tire of seeing Toro get owned. Watching him trying to pretend he isn't owned by telling people they said or implied something that they never said nor implied... is priceless!

:mad:

HOLY FOCKING LMAO!!!

Did I mention priceless? Thanks for the laughs today, Toro. EXPERTLY done! :wall:

Yores wuz batter then hiz. :(

Once again, your stupid ass and stupid focking little biatch of a girlfriend think you own someone over a common misspelling often used on this bored.

Just because that stupid cunt doesn't know the difference between Indians and other nationalities doesn't mean you need to jump in and start defending her. Your punk ass has been owned so many times on this board for things other than misspellings, you are the last one to jump up and say anything.

So next time you or your stupid little slut want to start owning people, find something more than a misspelling to do it.

:D

No, you are looked upon as a retard, much like Toro... who cun't spel write.

Wow. It must kill you that we probably make more then you (being that we are retarded) and this is all you can pin-point that is wrong. Keep pointing out the fact that I type fast and make spelling errors due to the fact I work during the day and posting on this site is not my job or number one priority, if it makes you feel better about yourself more power to you. Good luck with that :dunno:

don't even worry a lil bout it...its coo

:unsure: