Sign in to follow this  
Clash of the Titans

*** official *** " jerry porter was a dumb pick league "

.........completely free league with only fftoday members....this will be the 2nd year for those interested.....looking for older fftoday members primarily.....scorinng system listed below...draft should take place some time in late june.... :dunno:

players for 2007

Clash

Sweetness

Steel City Blues

Yippie Skippy

Jocstrap

Ace

Grateful Parrot

Football Scooter- commish

mobb deep

whynotme

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: December 1, 2006

Trade Review: League Votes

Waiver Time: No waivers

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-2)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-1)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Sack (1)

Interception (1)

Fumble Recovery (1)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)

Points Allowed 0 points (6)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (0)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (0)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (0)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (0)

Points Allowed 35+ points (0)

Fractional Points: Yes

Negative Points: Yes

Here and accounted for. No Deshaun Foster in the third round this year. But then again you guys said I should have taken Boldin and his 4 td's instead :banana: . Maybe I was wrong and ALL of you were wrong also.

Looking forward to the draft! :banana:

bump.. hoping that we can get a few more guys back, but I really like the core group that is ready to draft.

I'd be cool with Scooter taking over as commish, or anyone else being a co-commish if Solo doesn't show. We need someone to take the bull by the horns and get this ball rolling.

A draft date would be a good starting point.

bump.. hoping that we can get a few more guys back, but I really like the core group that is ready to draft.

I'd be cool with Scooter taking over as commish, or anyone else being a co-commish if Solo doesn't show. We need someone to take the bull by the horns and get this ball rolling.

A draft date would be a good starting point.

im in as long as it is free of course..........scooter being commish would be fine as long as he allows trades....i remember him getting really upset over that deal i made last year of vick and someone else for steve smith....i may have gotten the better end of it.....but there was nothing wrong with it...no trade is ever going to be 50/50....again qbs have a lot of value in this format

i see ace08 and steel city blues around- come on boys jump in and hang out with --------> :D

im in as long as it is free of course..........scooter being commish would be fine as long as he allows trades....i remember him getting really upset over that deal i made last year of vick and someone else for steve smith....i may have gotten the better end of it.....but there was nothing wrong with it...no trade is ever going to be 50/50....again qbs have a lot of value in this format

i see ace08 and steel city blues around- come on boys jump in and hang out with --------> :lol:

I'm ok with trades...I just don't want any trades of draft picks. It slows things down.

And I was co-commish with solo last year - remember who ran the topics and kept the rosters updated? Yeah - all those hours of work was me. Nice to know one is appreciated for one's efforts. :mad:

lol

And I was co-commish with solo last year - remember who ran the topics and kept the rosters updated? Yeah - all those hours of work was me. Nice to know one is appreciated for one's efforts. :ninja:

lol

What do ya want, flowers?? :banana:

I suggested you as commish because I do remember the great job you did last year.

I've seen the parrot flying around here too. It would be nice if any of them could post that they can't be back if that is the case.

What do ya want, flowers?? <_<

I suggested you as commish because I do remember the great job you did last year.

yeah after we got through those first couple of rough weeks, but i'm glad we all had a great time in the end. and I'm not drafting Eli this year. Lesson learned. I thought it was a great job as well. Of course, I'm one of the very few that enjoy scooters posts some time, even though it might not be pc correct.

I've seen the parrot flying around here too. It would be nice if any of them could post that they can't be back if that is the case.

Yeah I'm here. pretty much every day. having knee surgery tomorrow morning...just a scope. gives me more time to sit in front of the computer.

:angry:

Of course, I'm one of the very few that enjoy scooters posts some time, even though it might not be pc correct.

Regarding that 1st week...hey, who knew I'd offend Clash so much by suggesting that jocstrap was MIA because he was masturbating furiously to gay midget pron? :headbanger:

...and who knew I was right! :thumbsup:

:doh:

Regarding that 1st week...hey, who knew I'd offend Clash so much by suggesting that jocstrap was MIA because he was masturbating furiously to gay midget pron? :(

...and who knew I was right! :wub:

I had to pass the time somehow :dunno:

Drafting with a bunch of deranged lunatics in June????

Sign me up baby! Your season points leader is back and ready for action.

Looks over Joc's shoulder at the ghay midget pron pages tucked inside his fantasy mag.

you guys are gonna have to make do without me this year. it was fun, but this was my 5th league last year, and I kindof burned out a little on it. Im gonna step back, lay low, and let somebody new join you ladies in the big JP. good luck and look forward to following your draft.

That puts us at 7 or 8

Clash of the Titans

Scooter

Sweetness34

Jocstrap

Yippie Skippy

Grateful Parrot

Steel City Blues

Rye and leaf said yes on other board but not here :cry:

Scooter, this looks like the number we have, time to add 4/5 and get this beast started. Let's go ahead and make it a free league, but I'll give something sweet for 1st (shoes or a racquet) and will now throw in a 2nd place award ;) . Not a money league but prizes for 1st and 2nd non the less that have value.

We can draft on Jerry Porter was a Dumb Pick, and we need get the scoring site set. It's time and we need to add 4/5 pronto. Post a recruitment topic on the main and lets do it. The official check in from Clash and JPWADP board has had plenty of time for a head count.

Game on and no Deshaun Foster early for me ;)

That puts us at 7 or 8

Clash of the Titans

Scooter

Sweetness34

Jocstrap

Yippie Skippy

Grateful Parrot

Steel City Blues

Rye and leaf said yes on other board but not here :cry:

Scooter, this looks like the number we have, time to add 4/5 and get this beast started. Let's go ahead and make it a free league, but I'll give something sweet for 1st (shoes or a racquet) and will now throw in a 2nd place award ;) . Not a money league but prizes for 1st and 2nd non the less that have value.

We can draft on Jerry Porter was a Dumb Pick, and we need get the scoring site set. It's time and we need to add 4/5 pronto. Post a recruitment topic on the main and lets do it. The official check in from Clash and JPWADP board has had plenty of time for a head count.

Game on and no Deshaun Foster early for me ;)

Sweet. I'll try to kick in a bottle of hot sauce to the winner or something.

Clash - please edit this topic, and set it to an invite for 4 open positions. Long time members get dibs over n00bs. :)

Not a lot of prize incentive, but with pride on the line, who needs money.

:banana:

bump for new members :)

I'm here to check in and remind Scooter of just how good Kellen Winslow, Frank Gore, and Jon Kitna are/will be. My team had horrible luck last year but no worries....

Hollar at your boy.

That puts us to 8 or 9

Clash

Sweetness

Steel City Blues

Yippie Skippy

Jocstrap

Ace

Grateful Parrot

Football Scooter

Not sure about rye and leaf

If there's a spot still available, I'd be interested. Lately I've had a run of bad luck with the Fantasy Football. It's been several years since my last championship, but man what a team that was:

QB: Eric Hipple

RB: Freeman McNeil

RB: William Andrews

WR: Louis Lipps

WR: Flipper Anderson

TE: Emery Moorehead

K: Al Del Greco

D: Oilers

Looking back at that team, I can see where I went wrong with the recent picks of Troy Williamson and Jerry Porter and JJ Arington and Michael Bennett and Michael Clayton and......sigh......it'll be better this year, I just know it will.

Clash this is freddy d from a while back. I have just returned to the board and would like to be in this league. You should remember me from the college league and a few others that I played in with you..

Clash this is freddy d from a while back. I have just returned to the board and would like to be in this league. You should remember me from the college league and a few others that I played in with you..

If Clash can vouch for you, you'll be at the top of the list.

Ace - good to have ya back. :banana:

If there's a spot still available, I'd be interested.

As mentioned, old school geeks will be given 1st priority. Nothing personal - it's a long season considering we draft in June, so we can't afford to have anyone bail.

This is a very loose league when running, but very selective to get there.

;)

this doesn't necessarily exclude you, but if an old timer or geek especially known to me or one of our members applies, they'll be given priority.

:D

mark freddy in as the 1st official replacement.......i can vouch for him... <_<

Do we have a specific date in mind yet to start the draft? I'm getting married in early August and will be out of the country for a few weeks so I'd prefer starting it (since we all know there will delays along the way) as soon as possible.

what about a target date of saturday june 16th????? :rolleyes:

Obviously this league needs me.

I'm sure Scooter and the crew would concur. Count me in if there's still an open spot.

:headbanger:

Obviously this league needs me.

I'm sure Scooter and the crew would concur. Count me in if there's still an open spot.

:thumbsup:

Agreed - pencil in mobb_deep, who should be a solid addition. :thumbsup:

what about a target date of saturday june 16th????? :dunno:

YES

Agreed - pencil in mobb_deep, who should be a solid addition. :thumbsup:

sounds good to me! welcome aboard mobb-deep :thumbsup: . I'll drink a budlight to that!

This message was paid for by the "Scoot for commish of the year foundation."

:(

As for Saturday the 16th, no can do. It's father's day that weekend and I'll be out of town up at my pop's place.

I'd be down for Saturday the 23rd, or even a weeknight? :lol:

Or Sunday the 24th?

Let's toss out some dates folks...eventually we should be able to reach consensus.

:(

As for Saturday the 16th, no can do. It's father's day that weekend and I'll be out of town up at my pop's place.

I'd be down for Saturday the 23rd, or even a weeknight? :lol:

Or Sunday the 24th?

Let's toss out some dates folks...eventually we should be able to reach consensus.

All dates are good for me. Why not make it during the middle of the work week since you guys seem to spend more time posting than working :) . What is the future of our country coming too? Como esta's!

Father's day is no good for me either. I'm not crazy about a weekday. Contrary to popular belief, I work for a living.

Saturday the 23rd. :P

We are gaining some momentum here.

let's just begin june 23.........

solo matisse- this league was your baby and you did a great job.....i can't believe you are leaving us after one season.....sure you don't have time- even if you have to step down as commish :thumbsup:

so for not getting to you guys i forgot to let you guys know that im not going to be able to do the leage this year. best of luck and lets hope scooter doesnt scare any members away this time :banana:

so for not getting to you guys i forgot to let you guys know that im not going to be able to do the leage this year. best of luck and lets hope scooter doesnt scare any members away this time ;)

hate to hear it ellisonb11. :shocking:

Dang. I liked your draft too ellison. Preseason injuries killed you if I remember right. You still have time to reconsider.

I second the notion of not letting captain Solo bail so easily after working so hard to get things going last year. Get your arse back over here and join us for a fun draft and submit a line-up each week. Not many trades or anything to worry about either.

The best part...you have a 1 in 11 chance of winning a pair of shoes or a raquet. (Joc couldn't win if we spotted him LT and SJax) :pointstosky:

I'm open as far as the draft date. Weekends work better for me, but I can do a weekday too if needed.

:pointstosky:

Scooter and everyone else in the league...

Let's take a deep breath and hold up a sec...I know we are all anxious to get anything resembling fantasy football back in our lives but this needs to be done right. We had 12 good owners last year so since we're not starting the draft until June 23....we need to give all 12 guys who were in it last year right of first refusal UP UNTIL JUNE 23 before you start adding new people. Mobb Deep would probably make a great addition as well as other but fair is fair.....give everyone a chance before you just start promoting turnover.

Keep in mind...the start of the season is still 3 months away....in all honesty I'm not in "all out fantasy football mode yet" and I hadn't been visiting this site every day. I just happen by luck to check the board the day they made this thread (or a couple of days after) if not apparently I might have gotten left out in the cold as well. Solo is a long time poster on these boards and a great guy.....give him a chance to show up (people do take vacations alot in the summer) before the draft so that he can decide on his own whether he wants to do it again. That goes for ALL 12 members....and I'm fully aware one of them was Solo's friend.

That's no way to run a league.....the goal is to have AS LITTLE turnover as possible from year-to-year. In the meantime feel free to start making a waiting list (mobb deep, etc etc etc) in anticipation of some guys not showing...but to officially let them in at this point is ridiculous.

Scooter and everyone else in the league...

Let's take a deep breath and hold up a sec...I know we are all anxious to get anything resembling fantasy football back in our lives but this needs to be done right. We had 12 good owners last year so since we're not starting the draft until June 23....we need to give all 12 guys who were in it last year right of first refusal UP UNTIL JUNE 23 before you start adding new people. Mobb Deep would probably make a great addition as well as other but fair is fair.....give everyone a chance before you just start promoting turnover.

Keep in mind...the start of the season is still 3 months away....in all honesty I'm not in "all out fantasy football mode yet" and I hadn't been visiting this site every day. I just happen by luck to check the board the day they made this thread (or a couple of days after) if not apparently I might have gotten left out in the cold as well. Solo is a long time poster on these boards and a great guy.....give him a chance to show up (people do take vacations alot in the summer) before the draft so that he can decide on his own whether he wants to do it again. That goes for ALL 12 members....and I'm fully aware one of them was Solo's friend.

That's no way to run a league.....the goal is to have AS LITTLE turnover as possible from year-to-year. In the meantime feel free to start making a waiting list (mobb deep, etc etc etc) in anticipation of some guys not showing...but to officially let them in at this point is ridiculous.

I think we have heard from all participants already :banana:

and get your game face on boy it's already June