Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Corey Dillon to the Packers?

Read on another site that local Fox 11 news in Wisconsin is reporting the offensive player the Pack is planning on signing is Corey Dillon.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just passing on what I've read.

Any Green Bay locals in the house to confirm?

If Dillon can play like last year he'd be a nice addition. He's on the downside of his career but if he's used correctly (i.e. about 8-10 carries a game along with goal-line duty) he can still contribute. With Jackson and Morency basically being unknown quantities it won't hurt adding another veteran. The key with Dillon is that the expectations are realistic.

Packers | Former employee says a big name may join team

Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:29:18 -0700

Tom Pelissero, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports former Green Bay Packers director of player development George Koonce said during a radio interview that the Packers may add a big name offensive player before training camp. "The offseason's not over with quite yet, so don't be surprised if ... a big name (comes) in before training camp," said Koonce, who left the team to become Marquette University's senior associate athletic director.

This is as close as I can find about this. Doesn't speculate on Dillion, just a big name player. But I'm sure the radio probably threw names out there that are still FAs.

Packers | Former employee says a big name may join team

Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:29:18 -0700

Tom Pelissero, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports former Green Bay Packers director of player development George Koonce said during a radio interview that the Packers may add a big name offensive player before training camp. "The offseason's not over with quite yet, so don't be surprised if ... a big name (comes) in before training camp," said Koonce, who left the team to become Marquette University's senior associate athletic director.

This is as close as I can find about this. Doesn't speculate on Dillion, just a big name player. But I'm sure the radio probably threw names out there that are still FAs.

Keyshawn!!!!! :cheers:

Keyshawn!!!!! :thumbsdown:

Yes, Keyshawn would definitely qualify as a "big name", not a great player...but they would have been more specific by saying "huge ego" or something i think...

Yes, Keyshawn would definitely qualify as a "big name", not a great player...but they would have been more specific by saying "huge ego" or something i think...

:thumbsdown:

yes, Key has a big ego, but he also understands & accepts his role and does it very well...

i actually like the idea of Key going to GB... really gives Favre a legitimate short-yardage/possession WR threat to throw to while Driver and Jennings can stretch the field...

i think it would really open up the passing game for them and take pressure off of Jennings to have to develop too quickly...

I would laugh my ass of if they signed dillon. :thumbsdown:

My bet is culpepper, which would be equally funny...

:cheers:

yes, Key has a big ego, but he also understands & accepts his role and does it very well...

i actually like the idea of Key going to GB... really gives Favre a legitimate short-yardage/possession WR threat to throw to while Driver and Jennings can stretch the field...

i think it would really open up the passing game for them and take pressure off of Jennings to have to develop too quickly...

Hasn't Key already signed a contract with a network already?

yes espn/abc, there is no point in even bringing him up, he aint coming back....

Didn't Cris Carter sign with HBO before joining the Dolphins?

I would laugh my ass of if they signed dillon. :cheers:

My bet is culpepper, which would be equally funny...

From what I've read, supposedly it's Culpepper, which I don't understand. Unless GB management figures they have seen enough of Rodgers, and he is not the future. Cpep takes over the reigns when Favre retires next year.

Didn't Cris Carter sign with HBO before joining the Dolphins?

didn't Deion have a contract before coming back to the Ravens??

tv contract means nothing... until a player files their retirement papers, they can come back... and i'm certain any NFL contract pays well enough to break a tv contract...

From what I've read, supposedly it's Culpepper, which I don't understand. Unless GB management figures they have seen enough of Rodgers, and he is not the future. Cpep takes over the reigns when Favre retires next year.

although i agree it's most likely CPep, i just can't imagine how peeved Favre will be when the 'big name offensive FA' the Pack signs is a backup QB to possibly eventually replace him... they won't spend a dime to bring in guys to help him out, but i'm certain they will overpay for a has-been QB w/ a bum knee and bad psyche...

and it's not like Driver is getting any younger either. it's like the team is just writing off the next few years in addition to the last several they already have written off...

shows you the competence level of their FO right now...

didn't Deion have a contract before coming back to the Ravens??

tv contract means nothing... until a player files their retirement papers, they can come back... and i'm certain any NFL contract pays well enough to break a tv contract...

although i agree it's most likely CPep, i just can't imagine how peeved Favre will be when the 'big name offensive FA' the Pack signs is a backup QB to possibly eventually replace him... they won't spend a dime to bring in guys to help him out, but i'm certain they will overpay for a has-been QB w/ a bum knee and bad psyche...

shows you the competence level of their FO right now...

tenn offered him a pretty good contract and he still retired, just saying.....

According to Stanley, the Titans were an appealing option and made a very competitive offer to land Johnson, who has known Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher since Fisher played at the University of Southern California in the late 1970s and Johnson was a ball boy there.

“The Titans made a very serious competitive commitment to try and land Keyshawn. It was a multi-year deal in the $7-8 million range,” Stanley said. “Keyshawn’s relationship with Jeff Fisher and the situation with their young quarterback [Vince Young] made it a very attractive option.”“

He leaves having finished up on a high note with the season he had last year and having played nearly 90 percent of the offensive snaps,” Stanley said. “He still has some gas in the tank to play, but he would rather finish this way with his body intact instead of waiting to the point where he could no longer play at a high level.”

tenn offered him a pretty good contract and he still retired, just saying.....

i remember that offer - and i DON'T think GB would beat it... but just maybe GB is slightly more attractive than TEN since they could actually have a chance of makin the playoffs where TEN at best could finish second in their division, and could very easily come in 3rd behind Indy & Jax...

just speculating...

I seriously feel bad for Green Bay fans...all you can possibly get excited about is signing a washed-up Dillon or a washed-up CPep? :thumbsup:

I think Key adds more to that offense than Dillon would.

please lord let this happen :thumbsup:

less they sign Cpepper for a song I'd rather this didn't happen b/c he'd only be a stopgap anyway. He's washed up.

2008 is the year to draft a QB. Good talent in next year's draft.

I seriously feel bad for Green Bay fans...all you can possibly get excited about is signing a washed-up Dillon or a washed-up CPep? :rolleyes:

Well, they get excited about a washed up Fav-re, don't they?

please lord let this happen :D

don't know ya Mozzy and I've had a few tonight, but I'm hoping yur a GBay hater to wish for this pig to ink there <_<

kills me to see this as a diehard packer fan....please no more washed up, refuse-to-retire players that wont do any good in the rebuilding process. how bout letting the young talent grow for themselves rather than adding in short term band-aids

don't know ya Mozzy and I've had a few tonight, but I'm hoping yur a GBay hater to wish for this pig to ink there :huh:

:banana:

Every single rumor coming out of GB has turned out to be false this offseason.

I need more proof than someone saying they might bring in someone who might be brought in from someone who says that sed someone is potentially a big named someone who might be brought in to sign with the Packers.... :lol:

Wake me when the Packers sign a FA

I heard yesterday on a local radio station in Wisconsin that LJ's name was brought up as a possibility.