Sign in to follow this  
santa*69

If Michigan loses? How far do they fall?

michigan blows either way, wow :music_guitarred:

I agree I am not a big fan of the conference to think they almost played Ohio St and Michigan again for the Nat Title????

They both just got kicked in the Bowl Games. One of the big games Notre Dame obvious horrible team.

Now they both open with lower division teams and this. Man the polls are BS.

Win of the decade. The spread offense is the great equalizer in football. The real question is can the spread o work in the pros like in college. The closest thing we may see is Vince Young and tennessee. Classic game though.

after a loss like that they should drop out of the top 25. you cannot lose to a 1-AA school and be ranked. No way. Michigan sucks and I love it. GO IRISH. ALUMN

after a loss like that they should drop out of the top 25. you cannot lose to a 1-AA school and be ranked. No way. Michigan sucks and I love it. GO IRISH. ALUMN

It's not 1-AA anymore sparky and ASU is really good! We're used to beating Div 1 schools, like Wake, who just happens to be the defending ACC champs. Speaking of teams that shouldn't be ranked...the Irish are always WAY overrated...

ASU alum :(

It's not 1-AA anymore sparky and ASU is really good! We're used to beating Div 1 schools, like Wake, who just happens to be the defending ACC champs. Speaking of teams that shouldn't be ranked...the Irish are always WAY overrated...

I take my hat off to you Sir. I also dig how long you have been a member and the number of post.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Yes, ND blows this year, but wow, Michigan sucks and swallows!!!!

Congrats at App State.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :(

I take my hat off to you Sir. I also dig how long you have been a member and the number of post.

New rule: Anyone who loses to a team outside 1-A cannot be ranked for the rest of the season. Regrettably, I believe this is as likely to get Lloyd Carr out of town as the Iraq War was to getting Bush out of office.

Congrats at App State.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :shocking:

i agree with this post, but i'd also add this:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

they were calling it the biggest upset ever on tv. they just gotta drop outta the top 50 or the polls are meaningless.

OK, more meaningless than they already are

The media love michigan.

Huh? You must be thinking of Notre Dame. Obviously, UM was overrated big time coming into this year, but that doesn't mean the media loves them.

Congrats at App State.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :shocking:

I'd say that, after today, neither Michigan nor Notre Dame should have much to talk about. That September 15 "showdown" is now getting scratched my calendar....

Michigan should fall out of the Top 25 all together.

What a pathetic display of football from a "powerhouse" team in a power conference.

Pathetic....that's all you can say!

New rule: Anyone who loses to a team outside 1-A cannot be ranked for the rest of the season. Regrettably, I believe this is as likely to get Lloyd Carr out of town as the Iraq War was to getting Bush out of office.

:ninja:

Not soon enough for either situation!

Michigan should be ranked #2.....

In D-1AA..

Seriously though, A tough last second loss, they probably will go down anywhere from 6-10.

In D-1AA..

Seriously though, A tough last second loss, they probably will go down anywhere from 6-10.

6-10??? More like 20.

Lifelong Notre Dame fan here. It's not that the media loves Notre Dame, its that everyone who hosts a bowl loves Notre Dame. To be honest, I don't like the system. Every year, Notre Dame gets invited to a bowl that often it shouldn't be in. That is why they lose so many bowl games. The people in charge of the bowls love Notre Dame due to their fan base. They know the bowl will be full of fans and they will make a ton of cash. So, basically, the first bowl that Notre Dame can qualify for they get picked by that bowl. That's why I don't like it. I would like to see them with an evenly matched opponent. I didn't even watch their bowl game last year. I knew the outcome before the game started. So, for at least some fans, such as me, I don't like being overmatched year in and year out. With that said, Notre Dame will be lucky to even qualify for a bowl this year.

Lifelong Notre Dame fan here. It's not that the media loves Notre Dame, its that everyone who hosts a bowl loves Notre Dame. To be honest, I don't like the system. Every year, Notre Dame gets invited to a bowl that often it shouldn't be in. That is why they lose so many bowl games. The people in charge of the bowls love Notre Dame due to their fan base. They know the bowl will be full of fans and they will make a ton of cash. So, basically, the first bowl that Notre Dame can qualify for they get picked by that bowl. That's why I don't like it. I would like to see them with an evenly matched opponent. I didn't even watch their bowl game last year. I knew the outcome before the game started. So, for at least some fans, such as me, I don't like being overmatched year in and year out. With that said, Notre Dame will be lucky to even qualify for a bowl this year.

Major props on a good post and for swallowing the homerism.

:cheers:

In D-1AA..

Last second loss - they should drop out of top 50

They deserved to lose. Unprepared against a Div. 1AA is sad, to lose at home sadder.

beaten by Darrel, Darrel and their other brother Darrel, how mant Ap. State players are related?

Last second loss - they should drop out of top 50

They deserved to lose. Unprepared against a Div. 1AA is sad, to lose at home sadder.

beaten by Darrel, Darrel and their other brother Darrel, how mant Ap. State players are related?

I am so happy to see them lose , those spoiled kids had no respect for their opponent they deserved what happened.

Don't start getting a boner just yet. Regardless of what they're calling you nowadays, it's still division 1-AA. Still a great win for App State. Only bad thing, this should end Carr's run (OSU homer here).

Imagine what's going through the minds of Long, Hart and Henne right now. :( One game in and they're returning goal is ruined.

Seriously though, A tough last second loss, they probably will go down anywhere from 6-10

Did you watch the game? I dont think "last second loss" gives it the instant classic status it deserves. Michigan got handled and if they are in the Top 10 or Top 100, where does that put ASU? If Michigan is ranked and ASU isnt then there is a serious problem with the system.

FWIW - ASU is a whole lot better than we are giving them credit for. Are they this years Rutgers?

Don't start getting a boner just yet. Regardless of what they're calling you nowadays, it's still division 1-AA. Still a great win for App State. Only bad thing, this should end Carr's run (OSU homer here).

What?!? Back-to-back national titles and beating Michigan in the BIG House or whatever it's called. There are boners all over Boone tonight...

Lifelong Maize and Blue fan here.

They shouldn't get to play the rest of the season after this loss. Thanks for getting the loss early this year I guess so I don't have to hold my breath waiting for another National Title. Thanks D and Special Teams. Not 1 but 2 Fourth Quarter blocked field goals. OUTSTANDING!!!

I guess the offense is going to have to score 50+ every game. That out to earn Mike Hart a Heisman at least. And how about you find a way to get Manningham the ball a little more often.

A big F U to the Big 10 network as well. So now I have to pay to watch football. Greedy pigs. I remember the old days when televised college and pro football was free for everyone.

Bitter. Not me.

It only makes sense that they should be ranked right below Appalachian State. THEY LOST AT THE BIGHOUSE FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD.....(which is what Wolverine fans will be doing for a while).

I left the bar for my friends 40rth bday quite pissed. We had 20-25 poeple in Boca raton, Florida hanging out drinking. I tore off my Manningham jersey quite angrily. The season is over.

Can we please get rid of Lloyd Carr now?

www.firelloydcarr.com

Ah, yes, the faithful all want to fire Carr now.

But, prior to this loss, all they talked about was how this team was a national title contender.

And prior to their previous loss, all we heard was how they were the second best team in the country and getting screwed by the BCS.

And prior to the loss before that, all we heard is how they were going to prove they were the best team in the country.

When exactly was the last game of importance on a national scale that Carr and Michigan won? At least this loss was to some kind of national champ.

One of my friends little brother plays offensive line for Michigan. Had a chance to speak with my buddy last night who had a chance to speak with his brother. SHOCK is the word. Strangest locker room he has ever been in. They had guys crying after the first game of the season. It does not sound like the prepared at all for this team. Hard to believe considering they are two time defending champs in the division and run the spread.

Not much to play for now.

I still go back to this team was wanted by the media to play Ohio State again for the title. Just think if that had happened. We would hear all these media types talking about how great this conference is. Nobody in this conference except maybe Wisc can beat anybody at the top of any major conf in the country right now. Thank God they got exposed in the bowl games last year.

Guest _my_2_cents_

My cousin is a professor at Michigan. He said the mood is "bleak". People are "glum" all over campus and everyone's watching the windows to see who jumps. The concensus feeling is that their season is over, with all the build up all off-season deflated in an instant.

This school had high hopes of competing for a national title and now they fall victim to one of the greatest upsets in college history.

Gotta love it. :music_guitarred:

Diehard U of M fan here. Every Michigan fan knows what the teams weakness is. A running quarterback and spread option offense kills us every time. There is a very good chance Oregon beats us and we start out 0-2. And then we will start playing teams like Wisconsin and we will beat them handily because they run a basic offense. The ASU game was a trap game and we had no business scheduling them. It was a no win situation. Alamo Bowl, here we come!

LoL at emartin. Running QBs have killed the Wolverines for as long as I can remember.

For people talking about the Championship 'LAST YEAR'. That was a different team with many defensive starters that are now in the pros. It's plainly apparent that this year's D is not even in the same ballpark.

Who cares about a Big 10 title? We wanted the National title. Now I hope they run the he77 out of Hart and earn his a Heisman. What else do they have left to do?

Gotta feel bad for Hart

what else can the guy do?

his coaches and special teams have put the team in a noose

Hart won't get the Heisman either...it'll be either McFadden or Colt Brennan (the kid threw for over 400 yds and SIX TD's yesterday.!.......in the FIRST HALF)

Hey, wasn't ASU DI-AA champions for the last 2 years? Yes, Michigan should have a better recruits, but com'on ASU is still a good team. Yes , Michigan's defense and special teams sucked in that game. Let's not assume a bad season on the first game. All Michigan haters out there loved that it was the upset of the century in college football, but they still have a highly ranked offense.

And futhermore, ND should not even be compared to Michigan. They have nothing going for them!

ND SUCKS - Go BLUE!

Let's not assume a bad season on the first game.

The problem is that this is college football. You lose your first game of the season to a 1-AA opponent as a top 5 team, it's a bad season. They could win the rest of their games 50-0, and still not get a National Title shot. Could they still show respectability? Sure. But any dreams of playing in a title game were gone with the 2nd blocked field goal. They're done.

Diehard U of M fan here. Every Michigan fan knows what the teams weakness is. A running quarterback and spread option offense kills us every time. There is a very good chance Oregon beats us and we start out 0-2. And then we will start playing teams like Wisconsin and we will beat them handily because they run a basic offense. The ASU game was a trap game and we had no business scheduling them. It was a no win situation. Alamo Bowl, here we come!

Don't you mean there is a very good chance Oregon beat them and they start 0-2 and then they get to start playing that weak ass Big 10 Schedule and beat those teams handily because they suck.