Sign in to follow this  
Pimptaddy

LJ wants 40 carries versus the Vikings.

Pro Bowl RB Larry Johnson, who held out for 25 days, has only 36 touches for 174 yards in the first two games - roughly what he normally would get in one. But the Vikings and everyone else know that is almost certain to change. Johnson went to coach Herman Edwards and passionately argued that he wanted 40 carries this week. "I said, 'In one game?'. I went, OK, sounds like a good number to me. So, if we run it 40 then we only have to pass it 20 times," Edwards said. "That's probably right. He won't carry it 40, I don't think."

Sounds like LJ wants to get more than the 15 carries Herm has been giving him. I don't blame LJ, Herm needs to ride his stud and stop this madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9LIZXy1dyc

Guest _my_2_cents_

Let's see...40 carries X he sucks, X Viking's stout run defense, carry the one...yep - LJ blows. Can't argue with math. :overhead:

Let's see...40 carries X he sucks, X Viking's stout run defense, carry the one...yep - LJ blows. Can't argue with math. :overhead:

:overhead:

:overhead: :overhead: :lol:

40 carries x 2 ypc = 80 yards

solid RB2 day w/receiving yards

glad I don't own him

:overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

LJ has not been averaging 2 ypc. Thanks for playing. :lol:

He will against the Williams

HTH, don't beeyotch just because you drafted him over Addai and Gore

:overhead:

Your lack of intelligence is amusing. :banana:

Let's see...40 carries X he sucks, X Viking's stout run defense, carry the one...yep - LJ blows. Can't argue with math. :banana:

Yup LJ blows :overhead:

63 yds, 0 td, 1 fumble for LJ this week. mark it down.

no way they can continue running the ball if they only gain 1 or 2 yds each run... if they want to beat the Vikings, they have to do it through the air. (Lions had the right game plan)

I could see LJ's ceiling this week at about 100 total yards and a TD, however i think 80 total yards and no TD's is more reasonable.

I'm sure LJ would love forty touches.

I would love to walk into my house after work and see Jessica Alba handcuffed to my bed, but that isn't going to happen.

Sorry, LJ - Maybe you shouldn't of worked for a deal and just asked to be traded :overhead:

Sorry, LJ - Maybe you shouldn't of worked for a deal and just asked to be traded :doublethumbsup:

The guy was guaranteed 19 million bucks. I'm sure he would play flag football with you and your sisters in your weekly game if you paid him that kind of money.

Guest _my_2_cents_
The guy was guaranteed 19 million bucks. I'm sure he would play flag football with you and your sisters in your weekly game if you paid him that kind of money.

nategraduates is a nun? :(

Who knew! :doublethumbsup:

Johnson is one of the best RB's in the NFL, and would be an upgrade to any NFL team if he were ever traded. But as long as KC is terrible, LJ will not have an opportunity to get stats. It doesn't matter how good he is.

I have been saying it all week. In order for the chiefs to win they HAVE to give LJ 25-30 touches a game. Even if he only gets 2-3 yards a carry it will take pressure off the terrible passing game and allow for a play action pass to work. Bowe showed last week that he can be a good wr if given the chance. Not with the TD steal from TG(allthough funny) but more with the jump ball that he pulled down in the endzone(that was called back for illegal shift) The quicker herm realizes that he can't even start to smell a win without running larry a lot the better both lary will be and the chiefs will be.

Johnson is one of the best RB's in the NFL, and would be an upgrade to any NFL team if he were ever traded. But as long as KC is terrible, LJ will not have an opportunity to get stats. It doesn't matter how good he is.

Can't say I agree. If he was "one of the best" and not a product of a once great OL, then he would still be tearing it up to a point. LT did it when the Chargers were sucking, Barry did it and the Lions were never "good" during his stretch, aside from a couple playoff runs, which you can thank Barry for.... The Cards still suck pretty much, but Edge is tearing it up.... there is a pattern here.....

I'm not saying LJ sucks or anything, he is very damn good, but to call him one of the best, even among the current active RB's, is a really big slight to some of the truly great ones we have playing now.....

63 yds, 0 td, 1 fumble for LJ this week. mark it down.

no way they can continue running the ball if they only gain 1 or 2 yds each run... if they want to beat the Vikings, they have to do it through the air. (Lions had the right game plan)

The game will be close cause Minny isn't gonna be scoring much at KC.

LJ didn't look bad vs. a tough Bears run D on the road (in fact his ypc was better than LT's) and if not for special teams KC would have been right in it allowing them to run.

LJ ypc is not that bad, they just aren't running enough. And LJ is a guy who does a lot of damage late in games, but they aren't letting him get in a rhythm.

Can't say I agree. If he was "one of the best" and not a product of a once great OL, then he would still be tearing it up to a point. LT did it when the Chargers were sucking, Barry did it and the Lions were never "good" during his stretch, aside from a couple playoff runs, which you can thank Barry for.... The Cards still suck pretty much, but Edge is tearing it up.... there is a pattern here.....

I'm not saying LJ sucks or anything, he is very damn good, but to call him one of the best, even among the current active RB's, is a really big slight to some of the truly great ones we have playing now.....

Maybe you should check the pathetic rushing stats the undisputed great "LT" is averaging RIGHT NOW. How many yards rushing did he get vs. Chicago vs. how much LJ got?

Cards don't pretty much suck, Whiz has got that team running like an NFL team should and they have one of the best WR tandoms in the league so they don't face 8 men in the box.

And LJ tore it up last year without a great Oline....kinda making the point you were not trying to make (LJ carried a bad team to the playoffs in a very tough AFC)

You should really get in touch with 2007 football before you rant on LJ.

That isn't anything, if he signed with a good team with a shot to play in the Super Bowl I am positive his agent would advise him to take a huge pay cut on guaranteed money. When you play for a winning team and you're a star, you will make a great deal more money in endorsements alone.

When is the last time you've seen a Larry Johnson commercial?

I personally am waiting for the LJ27 Nike Zoom Cleats with Nike Shox Bubble Control.

So much hate and so much love coming from two sides here. LJ has good ypc, and he did well with his ypc against a tough bears defense. I say let him loose against the vikings. Only good things can happen and he is the centerpiece of the offense. Give him all the carries he wants until he says he can't run it anymore.

He will against the Williams

HTH, don't beeyotch just because you drafted him over Addai and Gore

:pointstosky:

Since YPC is the question, let me point out that LJ's current YPC (3.8) is greater than Gore's (3.6) even though LJ has faced Houston (2-0) and Chicago (2-0) while Gore has faced Arizona (1-1) and St. Louis (0-2). Plus, if you take away Gore's 43-yd TD run, he only averaged 1.9 YPC against the Rams.

Maybe I don't fully grasp the hyperbole on this board, but what could be more ignorant and fickle than saying of LJ (the number 2 fantasy back in 2005 and 2006): "[H]e sucks."

Since YPC is the question, let me point out that LJ's current YPC (3.8) is greater than Gore's (3.6) even though LJ has faced Houston (2-0) and Chicago (2-0) while Gore has faced Arizona (1-1) and St. Louis (0-2). Plus, if you take away Gore's 43-yd TD run, he only averaged 1.9 YPC against the Rams.

Maybe I don't fully grasp the hyperbole on this board, but what could be more ignorant and fickle than saying of LJ (the number 2 fantasy back in 2005 and 2006): "[H]e sucks."

You are too wise to post on this site. :pointstosky:

LT ypc is 1.9 :pointstosky:

Sjax is 3.0 :shocking:

Gore is 3.6 (as mentioned)

How is LJ at 3.8 deserving of so much (he sucks, the team sucks, he will never do anything)?

This is LJ's last 5 games at HOME...great games even against teams like Baltimore and Jax

10/29/06 vsSEA  39 155 3TD 
11/19/06 vsOAK  31 154 2TD 
11/23/06 vsDEN  34 157 1TD 
12/10/06 vsBAL  23 120  
12/31/06 vsJAC  33 138 3TD

LT ypc is 1.9 :shocking:

Sjax is 3.0 :shocking:

Gore is 3.6 (as mentioned)

How is LJ at 3.8 deserving of so much (he sucks, the team sucks, he will never do anything)?

This is LJ's last 5 games at HOME...great games even against teams like Baltimore and Jax

10/29/06 vsSEA  39 155 3TD 
11/19/06 vsOAK  31 154 2TD 
11/23/06 vsDEN  34 157 1TD 
12/10/06 vsBAL  23 120  
12/31/06 vsJAC  33 138 3TD

:pointstosky:

Guest _my_2_cents_
Maybe you should check the pathetic rushing stats the undisputed great "LT" is averaging RIGHT NOW. How many yards rushing did he get vs. Chicago vs. how much LJ got?

LT scored 28 TDs in a 10 game stretch in 2006.

just read that.

LT scored 28 TDs in a 10 game stretch in 2006.

just read that.

Yeah, dude can play which is why I am puzzled at people claiming he sucks. They actually think the player sucks? :pointstosky:

Cards don't pretty much suck, Whiz has got that team running like an NFL team should and they have one of the best WR tandoms in the league so they don't face 8 men in the box.

And LJ tore it up last year without a great Oline....kinda making the point you were not trying to make (LJ carried a bad team to the playoffs in a very tough AFC)

You should really get in touch with 2007 football before you rant on LJ.

I'm the one who should check themselves? LOL to funny. Dude, get over yourself and stop being either a delusional homer or LJ owner. Fact is fact, last year LJ had a HoF lineman left still, a QB that was at least mediocre, and he didn't holdout throughout preseason and training camp.

Talking about not paying attention to stats. You do realize that YPC means jack and sh!t to Fantasy Football right? So your saying LT2 sucks after having two bad games against very good teams and defenses in NE and Chi, yet LJ is great even though he sucked against the friggin Texans !? Sure he did ok against Chicago, but you can't knitpick your stats here bub, they do not lie.

So lemme get this right Smurf74, LJ can have a couple bad games and is still Fantasy Gold, but LT can't, even though he's been doing it longer and better? Gimme a focking break.

And the cards do still pretty much suck. This "one of the best WR tandems in the NFL" is currently not as good as any 2 Detroit WR's, not as good as NE's better 2 WR's, hell even CLEVELAND is diong it better in the air than Arizona is. Whats funny is I own Leinart and James in my main league, and I'm not delusional over the fact that Zona doesn't have a defense, Leinart is turning the ball over and only performing at a mediocre level. They are 1-1, not even in the top half of the NFL in scoring, nor in the top half in defense.

Maybe you should get your head out of your arse and pay attention to Fantasy Football this year. Or did you decide to just say fock it since you drafted LJ and your team is a nightmare, so you just come here and thrash everyone's opinions? Thought so.

This is just a support thread for sad LJ owners. :banana:

Should have spent that #3 pick on Gore or Addai.

These are the facts:

-LJ is still a very talented and strong runner.

-Herm Edwards has destroyed the KC offense, making LJ the only option.

-For KC to be successful, they have to feed LJ the rock. For LJ not to break down, he needs to have his touches limited.

See the catch 22?

Many owners drafting at the #3 spot read the tea leaves, and some didn't. Sorry if you didn't.

Your lack of intelligence is amusing. :thumbsdown:

OK, I was wrong.

24 carries for 42 yds = 1.75 ypc

1.75 ypc * 40 carries = 70 yards, off by 10 yds

Sorry LJ owners, sucks to be you

:wall:

I forgot the 1 catch for -5 yds

Guest _my_2_cents_

you just can't argue with math. :first:

I sadly own LJ in one of my leagues. The guy is killing me in that league, but luckily I have Edge and Peterson to ease the pain. I do not care who is to blame, I don't care if it is LJ or the o-line, or the coach. This stupid piece of sh-t will never be in my starting lineup until has a breakout game. I am sick and tired of his bullsh-t. I will not defend him anymore, and will not tell others he will turn it around. He is performing like a piece of crap #3 RB at best and is without a doubt the biggest bust so far. Thread closed, LJ sucks co-k and I hope he burns in hell. :thumbsdown: :wall: :bench: :bench: :bench:

By the time he turns it around(prolly week 6), my teams will already be sucking the sand from other owners flying right by me...

I wish I drafted Addai!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!

I KNEW he was gonna struggle a bit, but THIS is just retarded.

For the LJ owners who did not see the game, he had a long run where he nearly scratched the end zone, but it was called back for holding.

For the LJ owners who did not see the game, he had a long run where he nearly scratched the end zone, but it was called back for holding.

If holding was allowed, there'd be a lot of long runs.

OK, I should have picked Gore. I've known I blew my draft since 5 minutes after it was over. Now that that's over - if I offer LJ and a bucket load of players or cash what can I get for him?