Sign in to follow this  
dpbuddha

How long does it take to read a damn MRI?

This seems a little excessive as far as being able to report whether Henry really screwed himself up or not. All I can seem to find is that he had an MRI on Monday and results won't be available until later this week, does anyone have some insight or is it just gamesmanship from the Broncos not releasing info?

Guest _my_2_cents_

Ask newbieJr - I heard he once got a lightbulb stuck up his ass and the MRI results were back in 3 hours.

hth

There will be 3 different topics with people racing each other trying to break the news when the MRI is released.... Just check back here peridically.

I heard they were still waiting for some swelling to go down...and that the MRI was inconclusive :thumbsup:

Ask newbieJr - I heard he once got a lightbulb stuck up his ass and the MRI results were back in 3 hours.

hth

And I assume the results were along of lines of "yep, Newbie's got a lightbulb stuck up his ass, again" or perhaps, "Rectum, damned near killed 'em". Oh, and just because the results were back in 3 hours, how long afterward was the lightbulb removed, or is Newbie's neither region still glowin to this day?

:thumbsup:

Good luck getting anything from Coach Ratface.

I slept too long and missed out on Selvin Young, so he'd better be ok. :thumbsup:

UNSUBSTANTIATED rumors on other boards saying Henry could be done for the year

Run, don't walk, to your nearest WW for Young.

Any way to elaborate there Rasta?

sh!t I hope this doesnt come out until 2morrow, my waivers run 2night and I think I have a good shot at getting young.

I read this report on the other board I frequent and it is a big rumor, so far no truth behind it. I wouldn't worry yet Henry owners.

Can you say where you found this? What boards?

Would anyone drop Buckhalter for Young with this rumor (and I have heard it from several places now too)

LOL...get people all panicked!

Henry is fine...isn't practicing today but should play Sunday.

I just dropped Brandon Jackson in a flash just on the possibility that this is true...somebody please provide a link!!!

I just dropped Brandon Jackson in a flash just on the possibility that this is true...somebody please provide a link!!!

Well...that would be a no-brainer to drop him.

I wish I had an easier decision.

Well...that would be a no-brainer to drop him.

I wish I had an easier decision.

I heard they were still waiting for some swelling to go down...

That's the problem on and off the field for Henry, apparently the swelling never subsides with this prolific procreator. The dude is like a Rainbird Sprinkler with his jizz. Anything in a 30 foot radius from this guy gets covered.

I grabbed Selvin Young yesterday afternoon and hoping Henry is DONE.

Are you a Denver homer? Just curious.

yes i have a very reliable source that works for the broncos...i got panicked when i saw this post due to having henry too. I called my source and asked if Henry was done. She checked quickly with someone in her office and they both burst out laughing. All she said was he sat out today but its not a big deal. I take that as him playing on Sunday.

hth

So if he passes gas, does that mean "Watt" an idea he just had?

I'm a Denver homer (live in Denver) and as soon as I get any info, I'll post it.

no info yet. he's not practicing, so that's not great news.

Can you say where you found this? What boards?

FBG.

Again - just a rumor. But if Young is available and you have room go get him.

yes i have a very reliable source that works for the broncos...i got panicked when i saw this post due to having henry too. I called my source and asked if Henry was done. She checked quickly with someone in her office and they both burst out laughing. All she said was he sat out today but its not a big deal. I take that as him playing on Sunday.

Well I hope you are right my friend. :music_guitarred:

I went to the "other" site for the first time in about 3 years to check it out, and apparently a pretty reliable source (doctor) is floating this rumor on the Titan's message board. Who knows?

It was enough for me to drop Pittman to find out. I figure the reward is certainly worth the risk.

I went to the "other" site for the first time in about 3 years to check it out, and apparently a pretty reliable source (doctor) is floating this rumor on the Titan's message board. Who knows?

No, it's some guy named Bongo who posts on many boards and isn't a reliable source on any of them.

They burst out laughing because they couldn't believe someone was stupid enough to think they would release injury info to someone over the phone.

That or you're completely full of ######.

I just dropped Kevin Jones for Selvin, hopefully Travis is at least out for 4 weeks so I can have someone to man-down my roster until Steven Jackson comes back.

Most people are almost certain he won't play on Sunday, with the swelling in that knee we don't know the severity of the injury but at least Selvin would be a great filler for this week.

Please Gods of Fantasy, give me TOP 10 RB FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!

The rumor builds . . .

"He is scheduled for another MRI on Thursday..........so I'll keep my ears open. He was in a brace and did very little today....................I was told he is not likely to play because they know he has a torn MCL in his right knee but with all the swelling they are not sure about his ACL yet. So pick up SYoung but dont dump Henry yet........he may just miss 2-4 weeks if his ACL is OK."

Here's the link to the post by Bongo:

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/ti...post?id=2195359

His latest update says they "know" he has a partially torn MCL at least, but not sure about the ACL.

here's BONGO

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/ti...post?id=2195359

his last update

He is scheduled for another MRI on Thursday..........so I'll keep my ears open. He was in a brace and did very little today....................I was told he is not likely to play because they know he has a torn MCL in his right knee but with all the swelling they are not sure about his ACL yet. So pick up SYoung but dont dump Henry yet........he may just miss 2-4 weeks if his ACL is OK.

:shocking:

Did you ask how many touches he'll get? Maybe they have the script of the first 20 plays on sunday. What department did you call? The Mike Shanahan Fantasy Football Help Line.

MRIs for the average American takes up to a week to get official results from a radiologist, unless you're critically ill (i.e. ICU/trauma patient) and then the results come back the next day. Star NFL running back gets MRI on Monday - NFL team gets results from a radiologist on Tuesday at the latest - info gets released to the public on Friday so Vegas can adjust their lines appropriately.

Disclosure: I am a trauma RN at a major metropolitan regional trauma center.

MRIs for the average American takes up to a week to get official results from a radiologist, unless you're critically ill (i.e. ICU/trauma patient) and then the results come back the next day. Star NFL running back gets MRI on Monday - NFL team gets results from a radiologist on Tuesday at the latest - info gets released to the public on Friday so Vegas can adjust their lines appropriately.

But wouldn't a specialized doctor give his opinion just from walking around/running pains in parts of the knees when he tests Henry? The Broncos doctor might have said that a partially torn or completely torn MCL is likely even when the concrete MRI results aren't in yet. From what I know there are certain parts of the back of the knee where if pain is present doing ordinary things like walking/jogging then you could at least give an estimated guess as to how badly the muscle is torn and which muscle it is. Am I correct in this?

That is what the rumors suggest, at least.

Is your last name Focker and your first name Gaylord?

Is that like Brian Westbrook laughing on NFL Network last week about being hurt, saying he was fine and then being inactive Monday?

LOL - says the Henry owner praying if he says it ...it is true. You don't know if he's fine or not.

Shanny at his best. ofcourse they know what his MRI says but there not telling. Best bet is that the swelling was bad and couldnt see how much damage there is. That would be the reason for the second MRI on Thursday , when the swelling goes down. I am in no way trying to guess anything , he could be perfectly fine. Just giving my opinion on the reason behind the second MRI .

Shanny at his best. ofcourse they know what his MRI says but there not telling. Best bet is that the swelling was bad and couldnt see how much damage there is. That would be the reason for the second MRI on Thursday , when the swelling goes down. I am in no way trying to guess anything , he could be perfectly fine. Just giving my opinion on the reason behind the second MRI .

We dont even know he is having a 2nd MRI. Some assdart named Bongo proclaimed he is, not anybody credible. :huh:

Disclosure: I am an MRI technologist at a major regional trauma center. The radiologist has already read the MRI I performed on a routine outpatient an hour and a half ago. Results are ready for the ordering physicians within hours. The average patient doesn't know their results for 24 to 48 hours because of the time it takes to transcribe and fax the results then get a hold of the patient to review the results. In the case of Henry (or any NFL player) I am 99.999999% confident that the team's medical staff was told of the results within an hour or so of the player getting out of the MRI machine.

Disclosure #2: I am sick of RN's thinking they know about MRI's. Take your damn stethoscope off before you walk into my scan room. How many times do I have to tell you!! (Not you specifically Snotpies, but I have heard RN's tell people things that are absolutely 100% not true about MRI's.) Example: "It's OK to walk in there now because the magnet is off." Reply: "It's a superconducting magnet genius, the magnet is always on!!!"