Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

I was wrong

I was saying 2 months before the season began, to anyone that would listen, that T henry would finish top 5.

I didnt expect him to test positive on a piss test. I apologize to anyone that drafted henry based on what i said, and I hoped you took Young as well the last couple weeks.

In a way though, he did finish top 5 as he's currently in the top 5 and... he's finished.

Guest _my_2_cents_

I applaud you - as someone who also tries to own both his good and bad predictions, I respect you for posting this topic.

I thought it would be an injury that would get him - didn't know he'd go all Ricky Williams on us.

Not sure if he's gone or not, but man - Selvin owners are drooling right now.

There are many, many, many more here who were on Henry like white on rice in the preseason...I don't blame 'em. Denver looked like a great fit.

but what should we expect from henry young? similar stats to henry? or much less?

I say give him the Chargers game to see what he can do. If he looks good, then yeah, expect the same or maybe even better numbers from him as henry, cause he's faster. But he also get's tackled easier, so he may not get the consistent 1-2 yards at a time that henry gets when hit at the line, which could lead to rbbc in Denver yet again :pointstosky:

Looks like in this situation everybody was right and wrong at the same time.. Can't deny the talent, he is leading the league in rushing.. Also can't deny his ability to be a complete moron..

I was saying 2 months before the season began, to anyone that would listen, that T henry would finish top 5.

I didnt expect him to test positive on a piss test. I apologize to anyone that drafted henry based on what i said, and I hoped you took Young as well the last couple weeks.

You can't predict a positive drug test. So far, T Henry was looking great, just a little lighter on TDs than you'd expect from a top 5 back, though no RB is really lighting things up this year.

For those of you on the Selvin Young bandwagon... Keep in mind that Selvin spent much of his time at Texas nursing injuries. It may behoove you to grab Mike Bell or Cecil Sapp.

Hard to argue you were wrong when the guy was leading the NFL in rushing yards. That's as right as it gets.

I had Henry on my FF roster when he was a rookie, always thought he'd be terrific. This is plain stupid and sad; waste of talent and a life. And he shouldn't be appealing when he knows he did something this stupid.

As for Young, you know what, I hate the Denver RB thing, which this is a return to and you know what I mean; so I'm supposed to get Young (and yes I got him, whew), Sapp and Bell to cover my bases (no, Sapp "or" Bell doesn't do it because at that point who knows who Shan puts in)? I don't think so.

Hard to argue you were wrong when the guy was leading the NFL in rushing yards. That's as right as it gets.

I had Henry on my FF roster when he was a rookie, always thought he'd be terrific. This is plain stupid and sad; waste of talent and a life. And he shouldn't be appealing when he knows he did something this stupid.

As for Young, you know what, I hate the Denver RB thing, which this is a return to and you know what I mean; so I'm supposed to get Young (and yes I got him, whew), Sapp and Bell to cover my bases (no, Sapp "or" Bell doesn't do it because at that point who knows who Shan puts in)? I don't think so.

What? SO you're saying that you wouldn't appeal? If you career was on the line?

And don't tell me that you wouldn't have done it in the first place...

If you got caught... With the NFL possibly not having followed the rules, you were due millions of dollars, leading the league in rushing, you wouldn't appeal?

I call BS. There is no way someone wouldn't appeal.

Why don't criminals just plead Guilty? They know that they were wrong... They should just fess up.

Yeah right. That's not how the world works - you should know that by now.

If you got caught... With the NFL possibly not having followed the rules, you were due millions of dollars, leading the league in rushing, you wouldn't appeal?

Why don't criminals just plead Guilty? They know that they were wrong... They should just fess up.

I plead not quilty... I hate fockin quilts... nice one moron... MB

ps. Kill the bold print it makes you look like a f@g... Not that there is anything wrong with that...

way to go with the quick edit feature... :huh: I call BS on your drunk round buyin' arse... :rolleyes:

I plead not quitly... I hate fockin quilts... nice one moron... MB

ps. Kill the bold print it makes you look like a f@g... Not that there is anything wrong with that...

way to go with the quick edit feature... :huh: I call BS :rolleyes:

What?

Your post might have been funny... But it's not.

How do you think this is going to end up? he isn't claiming (from what I can tell) that he had taken some other drug that would produce similar results or that it was second hand or whatever. No, he's claiming that he didn't get to have his own expert at the test per the rules (meanwhile the NFL is saying they sent the names of about 10 experts to him but he failed to take advantage). So he's going to roll this through the appeal and guess what, he'll lose. His rep, his team's work and effort, discord among fans and coaching staff and locker room while he gets to play what, 1 extra game, 2, 3? I understand how the real world works and what he's just doing is frivolously using the system when he, the Commish, every NFL fan, his teammates, the judges, and everyone know he screwed up about as much as anyone could screw up. Yes, he ought to ditch the appeal and apologize.

How do you think this is going to end up? he isn't claiming (from what I can tell) that he had taken some other drug that would produce similar results or that it was second hand or whatever. No, he's claiming that he didn't get to have his own expert at the test per the rules (meanwhile the NFL is saying they sent the names of about 10 experts to him but he failed to take advantage). So he's going to roll this through the appeal and guess what, he'll lose. His rep, his team's work and effort, discord among fans and coaching staff and locker room while he gets to play what, 1 extra game, 2, 3? I understand how the real world works and what he's just doing is frivolously using the system when he, the Commish, every NFL fan, his teammates, the judges, and everyone know he screwed up about as much as anyone could screw up. Yes, he ought to ditch the appeal and apologize.

He might have a legit appeal. I don't think you or I have enough knowledge on the subject to make an educated opinion.

We just don't know all the facts. You shouldn't speak about them like you do..

I agree - the guy is an idiot. But to say that he shouldn't try to fight it.. Well that's just silly.

This just in... Not only does Henry C. hate all of you, but he also hates quilts too... Freakin loser... MB

ps. Of course he needs to appeal... His 9 kids from nine different mommas all gotta eat don't they... Daddy run ball, I get food... Daddy smoke pot, I go hungry... And the courts get pissed off at daddy...

This just in... Not only does Henry C. hate all of you, but he also hates quilts too... Freakin loser... MB

Quilts? Really? So... you enjoy quilts?

Please fill me in.

Quilts? Really? So... you enjoy quilts?

Please fill me in.

Next time try the spell check first, bar fly boy... LOL MB

ps. nice quick edit on your part though

I'm not sure who if anybody really saw this coming, even though we all knew he was one positive test result away from a year-long suspension.

I'm just glad I handcuffed Henry with Selvin Young.

Next time try the spell check first, bar fly boy... LOL MB

ps. nice quick edit on your part though

What edit?

I don't know what you're talking about.

I laughed. :dunno:

Don't pay attention to the angry drunk... LOL MB

ps. He craves it.... BTW: Do yourself a favor go see the movie "Into the wild" it will change your view of life I promise... Henry C. prolly not... ;)

I laughed. :dunno:

You laughed at what?

Him pretending that I misspelled a word - but I didn't.

Pretty funny... I guess... I'm having a great time with it...

But i'm really not.

Damn.

Don't pay attention to the angry drunk... LOL MB

ps. He craves it.... BTW: Do yourself a favor go see the movie "Into the wild" it will change your view of life I promise... Henry C. prolly not... :dunno:

Who are you?

You laughed at what?

Him pretending that I misspelled a word - but I didn't.

Pretty funny... I guess... I'm having a great time with it...

But i'm really not.

Damn.

Dude, don't be afraid to admit you typed "quilty" instead of Guilty... after all your a full time drunk, those types of things are forgivable... MB

Who are you?

I am the mad one, been here a long time, calling out peeps at the fftoday, although not as well as you I admit... MB

ps. My week 5 opponent re-did his line-up tonight, benching Henry for Kevin Faulk... OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, don't be afraid to admit you typed "quilty" instead of Guilty... after all your a full time drunk, those types of things are forgivable... MB

She's crafty. She get's around. She's crafty and she's always down.

Of course Henry should appeal. What other option does he have? From what I've read he is appealing based on the fact that the NFL didnt allow him to have someone present at the testing. The NFL is saying that per the CBA players have the right to have someone at the testing as long as said person is not affiliated w/ a lab. Apparently Henry's "person" was affiliated w/ a lab. ;)

But to suggest that the guy shouldnt appeal when his livelihood is on the line is stupid. I own him in a FF league and Im ready to send a lawyer to defend him.

Im 99.9% sure that his appeal will fail but FOCK it. You gotta go out swingin.

Anyways, Henry may have screwed my FF season but nothing I can do about it now. A RB starved guy in my league avtually drafted Young so all I could do was pick up Bell. But Fock it Im drunk, wife is out of town til Saturday and my Kim Kardashian sex tape download is almost complete.

:dunno:

Why is pot even tested for in the NFL? It's not like it gives you any sort of advantage. It's a lame approach to police the players for a non-performance enhancing substance. The NFL isn't the frigging local task force. LAME.

LEGALIZE IT

Of course Henry should appeal. What other option does he have? From what I've read he is appealing based on the fact that the NFL didnt allow him to have someone present at the testing. The NFL is saying that per the CBA players have the right to have someone at the testing as long as said person is not affiliated w/ a lab. Apparently Henry's "person" was affiliated w/ a lab. ;)

But to suggest that the guy shouldnt appeal when his livelihood is on the line is stupid. I own him in a FF league and Im ready to send a lawyer to defend him.

Anyways, Henry may have screwed my FF season but nothing I can do about it now. A RB starved guy in my league avtually drafted Young so all I could do was pick up Bell. But Fock it Im drunk, wife is out of town til Saturday and my Kim Kardashian sex tape download is almost complete.

Exactly.

Oh and the Kim sex tape - ehh overrated. She doesn't really get down.. Ray J just goes down on her for most of the video.. Kim didn't seem very giving.

Oh well, she is bangin'.. You just don't get that great of a look at her.

Ray J is a f@g by the way - the tape confirms it.

He might have a legit appeal. I don't think you or I have enough knowledge on the subject to make an educated opinion.

We just don't know all the facts. You shouldn't speak about them like you do..

I agree - the guy is an idiot. But to say that he shouldn't try to fight it.. Well that's just silly.

Coming clean may have some benefits, If Vick would have come clean in the very beginning he "might" have still been playing football. It would have prevented all the nastiness getting exposed.

Not that Henry's situation is nearly as bad. He already knows the extend of his suspension and If his appeal was successful he would make a couple buck and still play. I would have done the same thing in Henry's shoes.

That is a hypothetical situation in my case, I never lie. But may need to appeal that last statement.

Why is pot even tested for in the NFL? It's not like it gives you any sort of advantage. It's a lame approach to police the players for a non-performance enhancing substance. The NFL isn't the frigging local task force. LAME.

LEGALIZE IT

I think you should send a letter to the NFL.

I bet you could make a difference.

You laughed at what?

Damn.

"ps. Kill the bold print it makes you look like a f@g... Not that there is anything wrong with that..."

This would be where I laughed. Granted not a Ed McMahon gufaw but it was definitely funny.

LEGALIZE IT

As someone who has smoked the sweet cheeba w/ varying levels of regularity for about 11 years and still managed to do ok in life I agree completely.

But the fact is that they do test for it. Henry knew this and all he had to was wait until October 1st when he could throw himself a Tyrone Biggams weed party after he had cycled out of the program. But NOOOOOOOOO!!! This dum fock had to fire up and ruin my FF season.

Fockin Idiot!!!!!!

"ps. Kill the bold print it makes you look like a f@g... Not that there is anything wrong with that..."

This would be where I laughed. Granted not a Ed McMahon gufaw but it was definitely funny.

That wasn't the joke.

It's cool though. We're laughing with you - I promise.

Ask around Dirty boy, I have a habit of making people laugh... Henry he usually just rails on people and makes guys say "god, what a freakin' ###### this Henry C. guy is... Go check the back logs, you'll see what the MB is talkin' 'bout...

ps. Now his feelings are hurt cause he thinks he funny.. LOL

Ask around Dirty boy, I have a habit of making people laugh... Henry he usually just rails on people and makes guys say "god, what a freakin' ###### this Henry C. guy is... Go check the back logs, you'll see what the MB is talkin' 'bout...

Come on... I'm a nice guy.

I give people good advice.

Okay, my suggesting he just fess up, not appeal and apologize was inititally an off-hand comment; so I'm not going to try to defend it as though I expect the guy to actually drop his procedural rights and the union to not care either, etc. Yes, he'll appeal to the end; they all appeal.

But I was really speaking from a question of 'right and wrong' - not the morality of pot for cryin out loud, no just basically him knowing he screwed up and he ought to just deal with it and not try to prolong the agony for everyone. He will lose.

Besides that, I'll say that if he does lose, he will be prolonging the time that he can reenter into the NFL season next year by however many weeks he can keep this going. And if he ever asks the NFL for any kind of leniency or early readmission based on whatever else he has in his favor, he ain't exactly making Goodell any happier at this point.

Yes, I'm a Henry owner and my season was going pretty well (not great, but pretty good) and even though I snagged Young I don't mind admitting I'm a little ticked too.

Come on... I'm a nice guy.

I give people good advice.

Sure you do like an angry drunk... :dunno: I'm just ridin' ya big man, most of your non angry posts are vaild and I like... Ok some of them... ;)

Sure you do like an angry drunk... :dunno: I'm just ridin' ya big man, most of your non angry posts are vaild and I like... Ok some of them... ;)

Ha.. Yeah I know I get carried away sometimes.. But sometimes people deserve it... I try to remain civil when at all possible.

Oh well..

That wasn't the joke.

It's cool though. We're laughing with you - I promise.

Lemme set you straight HC (no pun intended); you can't believe that you can turn that around on me, making me out to be the fool. Seriously, that was a focking lame attempt. All you've done is expose your weakness here; you don't like being called a f@g. Let the shelling begin.

I answered your question and you launched a salvo at me. Missiles are warming up in the silos bud.