Sign in to follow this  
dpbuddha

Smart or cheap?

So an owner in my league has a matchup against a team with all 4 WRs on the injury report. Who knows if any or all of them will play at this point but this owner went to the league site this morning and systematically picked up and dropped each of the top 20 WRs on the board just so his opponent couldn't get ANY kind of last-minute fill-in. I understand that this owner with the banged-up WRs could have picked someone up before the last minute but I also see how he needs to wait to see which of his guys will be able to play. Is this stunt simply good strategy/gamesmanship or is it a cheap way to opperate?

In that example, I think it is taking advantage of your waiver process. I have no problem with a team picking up a player to prevent another team from getting them. I did that this week, my opponent's defense is on bye, so I acquired the only D that had a good matchup this week. However we have a bid system for free agency so i have to use some of my cap to make the move. In this case your player loses nothing. There's no strategy in that kind of move and it should be reversed.

Players who are dropped go through a 2 days waiver period where you have to put in a claim to try and pick him up...you'll either get him or not depending on your WW priority. After the 2 days, if that player hasn't been picked up then anyone can pick him up at any time.

Thanks for the input so far guys, anyone else?

pretty slimy move if you ask me. one of my leagues caps moves for the year at 25 which is a pretty modest restriction and would prevent this type of bs.

very unfair and should not be allowed

our league has a 5 dollar per transaction fee that is a way to avoid this problem........

very unfair and should not be allowed

our league has a 5 dollar per transaction fee that is a way to avoid this problem........

Yup. $$$$ keeps this from happening. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THIS POS LOSES THIS WEEK. He deserves it.

It's called churning the wire and it's unethical, Your league should be charging per transactions, with a steep increase in cost after say 3 or 5 transactions(example 1 dollar a transaction until 5 transactions then 5 dollars a transaction) atleast this way they pay through the nose to do it.

I don't like that and would consider that poor gamesmanship. He isn't only screwing the guy he is playing, he is preventing the whole league from picking up a last minute replacement.

I would not allow that and put him on notice.

That is where a max ww moves in a week, or a cash amount per transaction would be handy.

I would be disappointed if someone in my league were to pull such a bullshit move.

Sorry for posting here, but I can't get into ANY other part of FFTODAY except for your thread. My apologies if this has already posted too...but I can't see the board.

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Ahman Green (knee) will sit again today vs. Miami. Considering the Raiders hung 299 rushing yards on Miami last week, Ron Dayne is looking like a very sexy start.

pretty slimy move if you ask me. one of my leagues caps moves for the year at 25 which is a pretty modest restriction and would prevent this type of bs.

agreed. that is bullsh*t. the commish should grant the other team the wr of their choice, if for no other reason than to keep the competitive integrity of the league. as far as the dude who pulled this, very bush league tactic.

This is dumb. Most of the leagues I am in allow a player who has been picked up and dropped within the same week that was not on a roster the week before to be fair game.

agreed--this is totally unethical. the point is that he's taking advantage of the online system, not the league rules. i'm very active on the wire, but i've never even considered screwing an opponent over in this way. as has been posted, transaction fees are a good fix for this.

So an owner in my league has a matchup against a team with all 4 WRs on the injury report. Who knows if any or all of them will play at this point but this owner went to the league site this morning and systematically picked up and dropped each of the top 20 WRs on the board just so his opponent couldn't get ANY kind of last-minute fill-in. I understand that this owner with the banged-up WRs could have picked someone up before the last minute but I also see how he needs to wait to see which of his guys will be able to play. Is this stunt simply good strategy/gamesmanship or is it a cheap way to opperate?

Cheap!

And I would to either leave a league with a "player" like that or have him leave.

It's asshats like that that ruin FF.

You need to reverse what he's done and ban him from playing next season, it's complete garabge.

You need to reverse what he's done and ban him from playing next season, it's complete garabge.

QFT, and introduce his 16 year old daughter to tequila.

If the commish allows that, he should be replaced.

I personally would lay a beating on the shady owner for purposely trying to screw me, just as I would if he tried to screw me in some other aspect of life.

Major a__hole move by this guy. The Commish should come down like a hammer. I realize it is a loop-hole in your system, but please. Commish should let guy looking for a new reciever off the ww choose any reciever off this tools team. Wouldn't seem like such a smart mobe then. :doublethumbsup: