Sign in to follow this  
nos23

Branch to miss 2 games

Out 2 games. should be back week 9

Where did you hear or read that? I have pretty reliable Seahawk information and nothing is being reprted there yet.

Deion Branch is expected to miss two games after suffering a mid-foot sprain in Sunday's loss to Pittsburgh.

Seattle expects Branch back after its Week 8 bye, along with fellow Week 1 starter D.J. Hackett (high ankle sprain). The loss of Branch is terrible news for Matt Hasselbeck, who looked lost without him for most of the game against the Steelers. Ben Obomanu, rookie Courtney Taylor, Nate Burleson, and Bobby Engram will attempt to fill the void. Engram could benefit most in fantasy leagues.

Source: Seahawks Insider Blog

Rotoworld.com

Deion Branch is expected to miss two games after suffering a mid-foot sprain in Sunday's loss to Pittsburgh.

Seattle expects Branch back after its Week 8 bye, along with fellow Week 1 starter D.J. Hackett (high ankle sprain). The loss of Branch is terrible news for Matt Hasselbeck, who looked lost without him for most of the game against the Steelers. Ben Obomanu, Courtney Taylor, Nate Burleson, and Bobby Engram will try to pick up the slack. Engram stands to benefit most in fantasy leagues.

Rotoworld.com

Seattle expects Branch back after its Week 8 bye, along with fellow Week 1 starter D.J. Hackett (high ankle sprain). The loss of Branch is terrible news for Matt Hasselbeck, who looked lost without him for most of the game against the Steelers. Ben Obomanu, Courtney Taylor, Nate Burleson, and Bobby Engram will try to pick up the slack. Engram stands to benefit most in fantasy leagues.

:thumbsdown: Worst bye week coming up and now I'm down Wayne and Branch at WR :mad:

Just hope this "sprained" foot heals better than SA's foot last year :thumbsdown:

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2..._branch_2_games

Strong out for season, Branch 2 gamesPosted by Darrin Beene @ 02:57:52 pm Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren just finished his Monday press briefing and had two bombshells regarding fullback Mack Strong and receiver Deion Branch.

Holmgren said Strong has suffered a neck injury that will likely end his season. He said more details are coming but surgery is a possibility.

Branch has a mid-foot sprain – nothing's broken – and will likely return to the team after the bye, which means he would miss the next two games.

More details to come.

Where did you hear or read that? I have pretty reliable Seahawk information and nothing is being reprted there yet.

I guess not that reliable if your the last to know.

Judging by the recent string of events this year, I'd advise everyone to pick up Marcel Shipp. Edge is my last keeper out of 8 that's not injured or playing like a bag of feces.

Sucks that he'll miss the New Orleans game and I think it's the Rams after that, those were fantastic match-ups for him.

Definitely pick up Bobby Engram off the waiver wire, he's Hasselbeck's favorite receiver - especially on third downs.

Bah, I traded for Hasselbeck so I would have him as a Bye week fill in against NO next week. I did pick up Engram for the same purpose too, so who knows, maybe it will work out. :dunno:

Besides Engram, who stands to benefit the most? Probably Burleson I'd think. With Branch out, and Roy on a bye I'm forced to start Cotchery, Curry, Vincent Jackson and one more flex. I need to decide whether to pick up Dennis Northcut :rolleyes: , Burleson or Dunn to fill my last flex spot. Also thinking of picking up Wright since Jamal might be out. Boy it sucks to have Addai on a bye and forced to have him handcuffed with Keith and Travis Henry on a bye and facing a year long suspension. My team is in shambles.

My team was looking tough before this last week happened to me.

Anyway. Sorry for rambling. My main question is what can we expect from Burleson against NO?

Burleson is the most physically talented receiver on the roster. He completely disappeared against Pittsburgh last week and has some drops this season.

However, against New Orleans I could see him working over Mekenzie or David for a score or two.

I still think Hackett is the best reciever they have

agreed, but Burleson has the most talent.

I can't wait for Hackett to get back. This would have been his breakout year.

branch was on a roll.

this kinda sucks for us branch owners.

Yeah it does, 20+ points a game in my PPR league the last 3 weeks, and now this. I was trying to sell high on him on saturday too, the day before he got injured.

Engram should've been picked up when Hackett got hurt but now with Branch out he may be tough to get. The guy never drops any passes and gets plenty of targets regardless. I think he'll have something solid like 7/75 TD and if Burleson keepings dropping balls it could be even better.

agreed, but Burleson has the most talent.

I can't wait for Hackett to get back. This would have been his breakout year.

Anyone know when Hackett is scheduled to return?

Branch is one of those guys that is on almost all my rosters, so it really sucks!. :doublethumbsup:

Anyone know when Hackett is scheduled to return?

Branch is one of those guys that is on almost all my rosters, so it really sucks!. :thumbsup:

Everything I've seen says he'll be back after their bye week, so that would be Week 9. Someone just dropped Hackett in my dynasty league so I'm hoping I can grab him off waivers.

Guest _my_2_cents_

then the flood of links fly in....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

such a seahawks insider there. lmfao! pwnd! :thumbsup:

then the flood of links fly in....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

such a seahawks insider there. lmfao! pwnd! :wave:

pwned is the Niner organization for drafting Alex Smith and you for thinking he is an NFL QB.

Engram should've been picked up when Hackett got hurt but now with Branch out he may be tough to get. The guy never drops any passes and gets plenty of targets regardless. I think he'll have something solid like 7/75 TD and if Burleson keepings dropping balls it could be even better.

I thankfully picked up Engram a few weeks ago, he's been very productive for my team which hasn't been notably productive receiving-wise.