Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Terrorist attack is imminent

LOS ANGELES - It's 48 days in the clink for "24" star Kiefer Sutherland.

The Emmy-winning actor who plays all-American hero Jack Bauer on the hit Fox TV series pleaded no contest to a single DUI count yesterday in a deal that leaves little room for one of his signature TV escapes.

Sutherland must serve 18 days starting Dec. 21 to pay for the fact that his recent drunk-driving bust violated the probation terms of his 2004 DUI conviction. Cushy house arrest with electronic monitoring is strictly forbidden. He then must serve another 30 days by July, with no Paris Hilton-style reprieve, officials said.

"He has to serve the time ... [There's] no credit for overcrowding," said Frank Mateljan, spokesman for Los Angeles city prosecutor Rocky Delgadillo.

Sutherland, now a twice-convicted drunk driver, was busted last month after making an illegal U-turn in West Hollywood and flunking a breath test at the scene.

"I'm very disappointed in myself for the poor judgment I exhibited," Sutherland, 40, said in a statement. "I'm deeply sorry for the disappointment and distress this has caused my family, friends and co-workers on 24 and at 20th Century Fox."

Fox issued a statement of support for Sutherland reiterating its commitment to a "long relationship" with him. The actor must also complete an 18-month alcohol-education program and get therapy.

Don't these people understant that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want? How can you jail Jack Bauer during the holidays for God's sake? That's when terrorists are the most active. They HATE Christmas! Dammitt People! The very fate of this country is in peril and we TELL the Terrorists when Jacks' gonna be out of commission? What were they THINKING! :unsure:

Kweefer gets 48 days and Paris Hilton gets a weekend. :thumbsdown: :unsure:

Kweefer gets 48 days and Paris Hilton gets a weekend. :thumbsdown: :unsure:

'Course Paris got jail for driving on a suspendorded license, not a 2nd DUI.

But after all that Jack has done for this country, for God's sake...

Don't these people understant that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want? How can you jail Jack Bauer during the holidays for God's sake? That's when terrorists are the most active. They HATE Christmas! Dammitt People! The very fate of this country is in peril and we TELL the Terrorists when Jacks' gonna be out of commission? What were they THINKING! :wall:

Come on dude. Do you REALLY think Jack Focking Bauer doesn't break out of jail at the first hint of a terrorist attack? This is just our way of baiting them in and then POW!!! Bauer's on the case!! :lol:

:lol: :wall: That 48 days in jail wil be a walk in the park for him. I wonder how many people he kills while in jail????

:lol: :wall: That 48 days in jail wil be a walk in the park for him. I wonder how many people he kills while in jail????

:banana: :lol: That 48 days in jail wil be a walk in the park for him. I wonder how many people he kills while in jail????

Yeah, after doing time in a Chinese clink (or, "Crink"), this ought to be easy time for the Jackster. But still, that's JUST the kind of opening that the terrorists have been waiting for. Fock Christmas presents, I'm stocking up on duct tape and saran wrap. :lol:

Maggots, Billy.

You're eating maggots

:doublethumbsup:

Kiefer Sutherland by Michael Caulfield/WireImage.comKiefer Sutherland on Tuesday pleaded no contest to the single DUI count stemming from his September arrest, and as such will first serve 18 days behind bars starting Dec. 21 — house arrest with electronic monitoring is not an option (if only because Chloe could disable that with a hairpin) — and then put in another 30 days by July 1. Sutherland could have served less time overall, but instead went for a two-part stint, the first batch coming during 24's holiday hiatus, to avoid a production shutdown. In a statement to the Reporter, 24's producers say, "[Kiefer] told us that even if he had to sacrifice more time in custody in order to protect the show and the jobs of those who work with him, he would do so. It is evident he is a man of his word."

Sutherland himself says in a statement, "I'm very disappointed in myself. I'm deeply sorry for the disappointment and distress this has caused my family, friends and coworkers

Wow. Jack's a pretty standup guy. Not a lot of Hollywood types who would give 2 chits about anybody but themselves. :wall:

Isn't this like his third DUI? I wouldn't praise him for stepping up Wiffle.. The first two should have done that.

How convenient. When ever his ratings hit a new low...Dumbya says another "attack" is imminet.

BUSH SUCKS