Sign in to follow this  
Tacks

Maroney Limited In Practice, Status Uncertain

The Associated Press reports Laurence Maroney (groin) will not play in Week 7 against the Dolphins.

I think Heath Evans will get most of the carries & be the goal line RB... JMO

do you think k. faulk will just go away?? he might get goaline but faulk will be the main threat. 15 carries in the 2nd half against dallas says that loud and clear

I think Heath Evans will get most of the carries & be the goal line RB... JMO

Evans has 10 carries all year and has not had a carry in 3 weeks as of this Sunday, and has been a non-factor since Moroney went down.

Maybe you are right, but from a fantasy angle, I think you have to go out and get Faulk before you go out and get Evans.

Evans has 10 carries all year and has not had a carry in 3 weeks as of this Sunday, and has been a non-factor since Moroney went down.

Maybe you are right, but from a fantasy angle, I think you have to go out and get Faulk before you go out and get Evans.

I agree, but Faulk has never been one to stay healthy & Evans will get all the goal line TD's. Something just ain't right with Maroney. Either he got caught f-ing the coaches wife or he has an injury that the pats dont want to discuss. It would'nt surprise me if Maroney doesn't see the field again this year. I know that is a bold statement & I will get slammed for it, but if he doesn't play this week, I would consider him done...

did you get that straight from the AP or from rotoworld quoting the AP?

from what i've heard it's a total misprint. AP was referring to Sammy Morris being out while Maroney was most likely returning.

from what i've heard it's a total misprint. AP was referring to Sammy Morris being out while Maroney was most likely returning.

According to this rinkster, he practiced on Wednesday.

But with Beliputz, who knows....He could not be on the injury report the rest of the week and then be a gametime inactive... :music_guitarred:

I agree, but Faulk has never been one to stay healthy & Evans will get all the goal line TD's. Something just ain't right with Maroney. Either he got caught f-ing the coaches wife or he has an injury that the pats dont want to discuss. It would'nt surprise me if Maroney doesn't see the field again this year. I know that is a bold statement & I will get slammed for it, but if he doesn't play this week, I would consider him done...

What's all the fuss about?

Rotoworld 10/17/07 @ 9:08PM Eastern:

The Associated Press writes that Laurence Maroney is likely to return in Week 7 against the Dolphins. Maroney reportedly ran well in a limited practice Wednesday. In one version of an AP article linked below, the writer says Maroney will not play this week. It appears to be an editing error, though, because other versions of the article say Maroney is likely to play. The local Boston papers also believe Maroney will return.

Sounds like he's playing to me....

looks like Maroney will be on the bench again for me this weekend.....who knows what is true anymore with this guy. ESPN reports just about every week that he will play, then we find out he is a gametime decision, then inactive. Now the AP states he is not going to play then state it was a misprint and he will probably play. I wish more than anything an accurate report would come out with his true injury and status so a decision to keep him or drop him could be made. I know why I am holding on to him because like all other Maroney owners I look at the potential but this is getting really frustrating.

Why would N.E. risk playing Maroney vs. Miami when they should handle them with ease without him? It makes more sense to utilize Evans and Faulk and give Maroney another week,since they'll need him more by the time they play Indy,let him get a few carries vs.Wash. next week....

Sounds like speculation from the AP. In any case, they may end up being right anyway. I could see them heading into this game with Faulk, Evans, and Eckel as the only RB's, and going with a Brady aerial attack all day. Problem is no matter what year it is, the Dolphins defense always manages to apply pressure to Brady, at least when they play in Miami. This should be a slam dunk, but for us Pats fans that has seen all these NE/MIA games, it's far from it. It's nice not to have to worry about Chambers, at least.

But yeah back on topic, nothing is confirmed as far as Maroney's status for this Sunday, but prepare as if he won't play.

sounds like this poster doesn't know what he read or what he is talking about...

I don't have Maroney, nor his backup, nor any patriot - but even I know from just reading the news this week that all reports, from every where, from everyone, point to Maroney likely playing this week and him practicing today.

clown.

:shocking:

I beleive its been corrected now. Just a poorly written AP piece.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Larry miss a game before Sammy makes it back.

picked up K. Faulk yesterday owner

If you look at the link above in my previous post, or the quote a couple of posts down, that information is bogus. It was a misprint by the AP. That's all.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Rotoworld has added a blurb on Maroney indicating that the AP report saying he wouldnt play was an editorial error.

It says that the Boston papers and other sources believe all signs point toward Maroney playing.

I was skeptical of the AP saying Maroney wouldnt play on a Wednesday when he was a GTD the weeks before and we all know how Bellicheck deals w/ injury reporting. But anything is possible when talking about Bellicheck and injuries.

Hopefully, Maroney plays and puts up some numbers on his way to a big second half. Then I will happily eat crow about what I thought of him all off season.

Yeah, I agree it does sound like he will play. I did hear on a RI radio station yesterday that he was limited in practice yesterday...for whatever that's worth.

Heard the same thing from DY on "the other board".

And he has been right on about Maroney so far this year.

Anyone with Maroney just has to wait till the last second to find out if he is dressed for the game. If Maroney is dressed then he will play and he will be a good start. Belichick isn't going to play him unless he is completely healthy. That is the way the patriots do it. So if Maroney is not in street clothes then start him.

Heard the same thing from DY on "the other board".

And he has been right on about Maroney so far this year.

yes he has. it's proven invaluable to me so far this year being a morris/maroney owner.

Why would N.E. risk playing Maroney vs. Miami when they should handle them with ease without him? It makes more sense to utilize Evans and Faulk and give Maroney another week,since they'll need him more by the time they play Indy,let him get a few carries vs.Wash. next week....

Given that its a divsion rival, and given that MIA beat the Pats last year, I dont think anyone on the team is writing this off as a guaranteed win.

Anyone with Maroney just has to wait till the last second to find out if he is dressed for the game. If Maroney is dressed then he will play and he will be a good start. Belichick isn't going to play him unless he is completely healthy. That is the way the patriots do it. So if Maroney is not in street clothes then start him.

He taped and dressed for the game last week, and did not play. Just FYI.

He taped and dressed for the game last week, and did not play. Just FYI.

He was declared inactive and was not dressed during the game.

I just plan on checking the inactive list when it comes out.

He was declared inactive and was not dressed during the game.

I just plan on checking the inactive list when it comes out.

I didnt say he was dressed during the game. But he taped up and dressed and participated in the pregame warmup. He worked out, and based on that workout, he was declared inactive. There is a huge difference between that sequence of events and what you wrote.

I didnt say he was dressed during the game. But he taped up and dressed and participated in the pregame warmup. He worked out, and based on that workout, he was declared inactive. There is a huge difference between that sequence of events and what you wrote.

Whatever.

Im checking the inactive list which is what I thought the guy who posted earlier meant by seeing whether or not he dresses for the game. I would suggest people use the inactive list instead of worrying about if a guy was taped up during warmups.

dear god :unsure:i i drafted maroney as a #1 rb and luckily i've been able to piece together a decent rb or 2 every week :wacko: this week is a little tougher losing javon walker at wr and having guys on a bye :headbanger: its going to be a tough week and thats only 1 team of 6 i have this year : :unsure: if i get into the rest it could be a soapbox injuries are killing me this year.

Maroney was my keeper for 5 million in a auction draft, so for 5 mil It was'nt a big hit, but damn what a little ###### he is. He's got no durability it seems like. He has been a huge bust. To think I could have had Addi last year for the same price :headbanger: Its a 1:00pm start just wait till the inactives come out. Better stay by you computer, cause chances are Billshit will screw FF owners any chance he gets

Oct 19 Shalise Manza Young, of The Providence Journal, reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (groin) practiced Friday, Oct. 19. Maroney is listed as questionable for Week 7. He told reporters he feels good but it is not his decision whether he plays.