Sign in to follow this  
phenom

What is everyone giving up to get S. Jax

I have the opportunity to get Jax. I'm thinking of rolling the dice. I'm in need of a sparkplug on my team. I've always loved the way Jax runs and I think if he comes back he'll perform with the remaining schedule he has. I'm just wondering what some of you are entertaining giving up to get him for the stretch run?

I personally was thinking of doing McGahee and Branch for Jax/ Leonard and H. Ward

A guy today offered me Jacko and Gates for AP....I would've pulled the trigger had San Diego not been on bye this week. I need all hands on deck this week....

Hopefully we'll be able to revisit that deal next week.

I have the opportunity to get Jax. I'm thinking of rolling the dice. I'm in need of a sparkplug on my team. I've always loved the way Jax runs and I think if he comes back he'll perform with the remaining schedule he has. I'm just wondering what some of you are entertaining giving up to get him for the stretch run?

I personally was thinking of doing McGahee and Branch for Jax/ Leonard and H. Ward

Nah, I still think that is too much. Branch>Ward and it hurts me to say that. So you are trading someone slightly higher than McGahee for the St. Loius starting RB.

McGahee is 8th in standard scoring. There is no reason to believe that this trend wont continue, and that he would finish around 5th-12th best RB, a solid #1 RB for a 2nd round pick, pretty good value.

Sjax on the other hand, has the possibility to blow up down the stretch. And in the meantime Leonard, has proven he is capable of being a low end #2.

I would rather have McGahee, rather than St Loius RB and a downgrade in WR.

So to get back to the Topic title, what do i think Sjax is worth. MJD, SA, Bush, or a 15-25 WR range as well Coles, fitz, driver, or boldin.

As a SJax owner I have decided to hold onto him. I've had a few "eh" offers, nothing good enough to sway me away from the potential of a huge close to the season. His stretch-run schedule, weeks 10 and on, looks quite appetizing :unsure:

im in a ppr league and just offered brandon jacobs, derrick ward, bobby engram, and lee evans for steve jax and reggie brown and the owner has been thinking about it for a day and a half so far...said he would let me know tonight ..... i know its a gamble but the idea of hitting the stretch run with a starting lineup of kitna, s-jax, mjd, steve smith, andre johnson, jags d, stover and either torry holt, brandon marshall, or dallas clark as my flex was too good to pass up....thats a pretty strong lineup for a 12 team ppr league if you ask me....he is only considering it because he is already 3 games back in his division and needs help now.

Im still hesitant to pay a lot for him...I offered the guy who has Steven Jackson this trade:

Romo

Crumpler

Ward

D. Williams

for

Jackson

Gates

Brees

The other team does not have ONE starting RB as of right now in a 14 team league...yet he is 5-1! He is starting K. Keith and Rhodes this week! I know I lose BIG with Romo but if Brees just plays average, and Jackson comes back strong, my lineup could look like this:

Brees

LT

Jackson

Holt

Crayton/Cotchery/C. Johnson (play the matchups)

Gates

How is that?

Im still hesitant to pay a lot for him...I offered the guy who has Steven Jackson this trade:

Romo

Crumpler

Ward

D. Williams

for

Jackson

Gates

Brees

The other team does not have ONE starting RB as of right now in a 14 team league...yet he is 5-1! He is starting K. Keith and Rhodes this week! I know I lose BIG with Romo but if Brees just plays average, and Jackson comes back strong, my lineup could look like this:

Brees

LT

Jackson

Holt

Crayton/Cotchery/C. Johnson (play the matchups)

Gates

How is that?

If I were the owner with Jackson, Gates, and Brees I would not accept that trade. Brees should only improve from here on out, Jackson will be money down the stretch, and Gates is Gates. If he is 5-1 then I don't see why he would trade. He only has to "hold on" for a few more weeks until SJax is back.

If you want Steven Jackson, you're running out of time to get him. Even now it might be too late, as reports keep circulating of his improving rehab. The guy who's been sitting on Jackson all this time isn't likely to give him up just as he's about to return to action.

I gave up MJD (after his slow start) and Torry Holt (after Bulger went down) for S. Jax and Kenton Keith (I have Addai).

One of the stupider trades I ever made because it was only a matter of time before Jones-Drew got his head out of his ass and Holt produces with anyone at QB.

Meanwhile, I got one week's use out of Keith and I'll probably never get to use Jackson.

I gave up MJD (after his slow start) and Torry Holt (after Bulger went down) for S. Jax and Kenton Keith (I have Addai).

One of the stupider trades I ever made because it was only a matter of time before Jones-Drew got his head out of his ass and Holt produces with anyone at QB.

Meanwhile, I got one week's use out of Keith and I'll probably never get to use Jackson.

i would think saying you'll never get to use jackson is incorrect. I would say week 8 looks good. Hell, worst case scenario is week 10 after the bye. Then we can be sure he'll be fully ready to go. plus his schedule yields the following games starting week 10

Nov 11 @New Orleans 1:00pm

Nov 18 @San Francisco 4:15pm

Nov 25 Seattle 1:00pm

Dec 2 Atlanta 1:00pm

Dec 9 @Cincinnati 1:00pm

Dec 16 Green Bay 1:00pm

Dec 20 Pittsburgh 8:15pm

Dec 30 @Arizona 4:15pm

For those who own Jackson, sell him for whatever you can get. For those trying to pick him up on the cheap, come to your senses. Jackson has a groin injury that needs about 3 or 4 months of natural healing time to recover from. Its not a pull, its a 40% tear. When or IF he gets back out there to give it a go, he's going to do one of 2 things. he's either going to get hammered behind that pathetic excuse of an Oline there in St. Louis, providing very little in the way of stats and very much in the way of :thumbsdown: . Or, he's going to re-injure that groin and be put on IR. Either way, its a no win situation. If youve already made the move to get him, here's a little early dose of the rest of your fantasy season :lol: . If you havent, sit tight and do the best you can with the 'other leading brand'. and no, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Either way, good luck.

For those who own Jackson, sell him for whatever you can get. For those trying to pick him up on the cheap, come to your senses. Jackson has a groin injury that needs about 3 or 4 months of natural healing time to recover from. Its not a pull, its a 40% tear. When or IF he gets back out there to give it a go, he's going to do one of 2 things. he's either going to get hammered behind that pathetic excuse of an Oline there in St. Louis, providing very little in the way of stats and very much in the way of :shocking: . Or, he's going to re-injure that groin and be put on IR. Either way, its a no win situation. If youve already made the move to get him, here's a little early dose of the rest of your fantasy season :wall: . If you havent, sit tight and do the best you can with the 'other leading brand'. and no, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Either way, good luck.

Ok, lets be real. I tore my quad playing basketball about 10 months ago. I am not a pro nor is my body conditioned like one. I will tell you that I tore it so bad that I ended up in the ER with my leg swelling to almost double the size. The pain was not to be believed. I was on bed rest for a few days & a crap load of drugs. I started physical therapy within days (they do this so the scar tissue doesn't build up) I couldn't bare weight on my leg for about 2 weeks & didn't have the strength to pick up my leg to get it on & off the gas pedal. Within four weeks after my injury I was able to run on a treadmill & after 6 weeks I was back playing hoops. Now although I went to rehab two to three times a week (Thanks God for insurance) I healed pretty quickly.

Now Jackson has been out a month, doing rehab, strengthing, stretching, icing, etc., 7 days a week and hours upon hours per day. He is a pro athlete, who's body is in better shape than anybody on this board. He also only had a 40% tear in the middle of the muscle. If anything, the leg is stronger than it was before the injury. He has focused on the muscle groups & built up strength in the surrounding areas. He also has fresh legs while most defensive players have been playing for 7 weeks now. I think Jackson could be & will be a top 5 RB the second half of the season. It took LT2 6 weeks to have a huge game, It took LJ 6 weeks to score his first TD, for all of Willie Parkers yards, he still only has one TD. So once Jackson's mind is not worried about planting on the leg & cutting, watch out. Not saying he will do what he did last year, but with the easy schedule & fresh legs, he could be just what the Dr. ordered...

Shhhhhhh My impatient friend dropped SJAX b/c he needed a bye week rb and I dropped Brian Leonard to get him on waivers. Also this is a very competitive league and this was the only stupid move of the season. On a side note it was the day after one of our best friend's wedding so I think he was still drunk and impatient but still no reason to do something stupid like that. Now I have FWP, Edge, SJAX, and Selvin which is pretty good and I'm hoping he comes back soon to kick ass for those of us who own him. Also if you read his blog on espn.com/ff you'll notice his comeback is imminent as in probably week 8. http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...tory?id=3068845 Ninja Shhhhhhh. :shocking:

I was trying to offer maroney and kevin curtis. The owner didn't bite. Would holt/maroney be too much?

I was trying to offer maroney and kevin curtis. The owner didn't bite. Would holt/maroney be too much?

no it's not too much if you're deep at WR. Maroney and jackson are basically twins right now anyway

I got him early last week in a huge deal

I gave up T. Jones, Vince Young, James Jones, Merecedes Lewis and Hines Ward

for Joey Harrington, Brian Leonard, S-Jax, Crotchery, and Vernon Davis

Both of us were 1-4 and wanted to switch things up, now we are both 1-5 :rolleyes:

I gave up Kevin Jones and Julius Jones for SJax, (no ppr) I have Tomlinson and Selvin on the bench for when Henry goes away. If SJax comes back strong great, if not worth the chance.

i originally traded coles and k. jones for sjax and gonzo a few weeks ago. i then traded s. jackson and j. walker for farve and driver. ii sure hope he doesnt come back to haunt me in the playoffs.

Traded SJax and Driver for Westbrook and Colston.

He keeps SJax in 11th rd next year. I keep Westbrook in 2nd. Leading my division so was worth getting Westbrook to go with Bush and take a run at it this year.

I'm so tempted to go after SJax too. His owner is 1-5 and desperate to get rid of him and/or Brees. I was thinking of offering Bush and Driver for Plax and SJax but it's just so risky. I'm sitting at 5-1 and pretty set for the playoff's. Bush also has a really easy playoff schedule so I don't know if the risk is even worth the reward. Especially considering Sjax plays PITT in week 16 so even a healthy Jax might not be too much help in the playoff's.

just got s-jax and reggie brown for brandon jacobs, micheal bennett, and bobby engram....my lineup and scoring system is in my signature...tell me what you guys think

i think that's fantastic for you. In my league I'm still having to overpay for his ass. I'm offering up McGahee who is currently 5th in ppr at rb to get Jax and L. Evan in return

If the Rams keep him out - like I expect them to- until week 10, I do not think 1000 yards is out of the realm of possibility. He currently has 233 yrds. If he is healthy in the remaining weeks, he would have to - check the math here - average about 95 yards per game to hit the 1000 yard mark. Granted his line must improve but he does have some favorable matchups when he returns:

10 @NO - #14 Run D - 105 ypg

11 @SF - #22 Run D - 122 ypg

12 SEA - #18 Run D- 116 ypg

13 ATL - #24 Run D - 132 ypg

14 @CIN - #29 Run D - 145 ypg

15 GNB - #12 Run D - 100 ypg

16 PIT - #4 Run D - 72 ypg

17 @ARI - #16 Run D - 114 ypg

Above represents the matchups in each week and each teams rushing D ranking and yards yielded per contest (per ESPN), respectively. If you assume he comes back in week 10 healthy, he has above average matchups in in all but two contests (assuming 100 yards is the favorable/unfavorable cut off) week 15 and 16. At first glance, you would say these two games are not great as they are in the playoffs, but most playoffs start in week 14 and Cincy represents a very good matchup, likely one that could see Sjax go off for a large number. And in the weeks that follow, who knows what could happen? ALso, after checking the game log for game 15 for GB last year - GB against a Lions team gave up over 70 yards on the ground; game log from game 16 last year, Pitt gave up 77 and 1 TD yards to Jamal Lewis, 98 in total - these are just for reference for late year games and rushing yards allowed.

My conclusion is that if he needs to average 95 yards per game to get to 1000 [(1000 yards - 233 yards already gained) / 8 games remaining = 95 ypg], this schedule provides the opportunity. And while 1000 yard rusher is not what Sjax owners bargained for, all hope is not lost.

Ok, lets be real. I tore my quad playing basketball about 10 months ago. I am not a pro nor is my body conditioned like one. I will tell you that I tore it so bad that I ended up in the ER with my leg swelling to almost double the size. The pain was not to be believed. I was on bed rest for a few days & a crap load of drugs. I started physical therapy within days (they do this so the scar tissue doesn't build up) I couldn't bare weight on my leg for about 2 weeks & didn't have the strength to pick up my leg to get it on & off the gas pedal. Within four weeks after my injury I was able to run on a treadmill & after 6 weeks I was back playing hoops. Now although I went to rehab two to three times a week (Thanks God for insurance) I healed pretty quickly.

Now Jackson has been out a month, doing rehab, strengthing, stretching, icing, etc., 7 days a week and hours upon hours per day. He is a pro athlete, who's body is in better shape than anybody on this board. He also only had a 40% tear in the middle of the muscle. If anything, the leg is stronger than it was before the injury. He has focused on the muscle groups & built up strength in the surrounding areas. He also has fresh legs while most defensive players have been playing for 7 weeks now. I think Jackson could be & will be a top 5 RB the second half of the season. It took LT2 6 weeks to have a huge game, It took LJ 6 weeks to score his first TD, for all of Willie Parkers yards, he still only has one TD. So once Jackson's mind is not worried about planting on the leg & cutting, watch out. Not saying he will do what he did last year, but with the easy schedule & fresh legs, he could be just what the Dr. ordered...

LOL. Wishfull Jackson owner. Jackson is not in better shape than me and i'm no pro athlete but a body-builder. Get whatever you can get for this bum. Remember St.Louis is playing for nothing I would be suprised if he saw the field at all this year.

gave up jacobs, ward and vince young for sjax a few weeks ago. this is a dynasty league i have his salary locked in for five years.

If the Rams keep him out - like I expect them to- until week 10, I do not think 1000 yards is out of the realm of possibility. He currently has 233 yrds. If he is healthy in the remaining weeks, he would have to - check the math here - average about 95 yards per game to hit the 1000 yard mark. Granted his line must improve but he does have some favorable matchups when he returns:

10 @NO - #14 Run D - 105 ypg

11 @SF - #22 Run D - 122 ypg

12 SEA - #18 Run D- 116 ypg

13 ATL - #24 Run D - 132 ypg

14 @CIN - #29 Run D - 145 ypg

15 GNB - #12 Run D - 100 ypg

16 PIT - #4 Run D - 72 ypg

17 @ARI - #16 Run D - 114 ypg

Above represents the matchups in each week and each teams rushing D ranking and yards yielded per contest (per ESPN), respectively. If you assume he comes back in week 10 healthy, he has above average matchups in in all but two contests (assuming 100 yards is the favorable/unfavorable cut off) week 15 and 16. At first glance, you would say these two games are not great as they are in the playoffs, but most playoffs start in week 14 and Cincy represents a very good matchup, likely one that could see Sjax go off for a large number. And in the weeks that follow, who knows what could happen? ALso, after checking the game log for game 15 for GB last year - GB against a Lions team gave up over 70 yards on the ground; game log from game 16 last year, Pitt gave up 77 and 1 TD yards to Jamal Lewis, 98 in total - these are just for reference for late year games and rushing yards allowed.

My conclusion is that if he needs to average 95 yards per game to get to 1000 [(1000 yards - 233 yards already gained) / 8 games remaining = 95 ypg], this schedule provides the opportunity. And while 1000 yard rusher is not what Sjax owners bargained for, all hope is not lost.

that is one of the dumbest things you can to just to justify a trade.

the packers D and steelers D this year are good (steelers great) so what they did last year is inconsequential.

some of the good rush D's of last year (Denver,Miami,Atlanta) all have horrendous rush D's this year.

you get my drift? last years stats are last years stats. This goes for Defenses more than any other position.

SJax has a torn groin, and Pitt is the #4 rush D in the league THIS YEAR. That is a terrible combo when the championship is on the line.

Andre Johnson is my #3 WR, behind Chad Johnson and Steve Smith. Yep, I went WR-WR-WR to start my draft, and I am 6-1, and outscored everyone in my league my a wide margin. Tony Romo and Gonzo have helped. My #4 WR is Jerrico Cotchery, and we start 3 WRs.

Today I was offered Stephen Jackson for Andre Johson. Tempting to pull the trigger. My current pair of starting running backs come from Lamont Jordan, Kevin Jones, Lendale White and Cedric Benson. Very tempting.

Rat's Ass.

I gave up D Anderson, Lamont and Chambers for him. It almost broke up my league of 13+ years and

my co-commish revoked my commish privileges. ( Which I have to talk to CBS about...I paid for the league)

I guess some people are still high on him.

I realize everyone is going to make fun of my league and say I in a league with girl scouts...but whatever..I will admit I do play in a money league with a couple of rookies...that being said...some dude in my MONEY League just dropped Steven Jackson...

Only problem is I am LAST on waiver priority.... :ninja:

that is one of the dumbest things you can to just to justify a trade.

the packers D and steelers D this year are good (steelers great) so what they did last year is inconsequential.

some of the good rush D's of last year (Denver,Miami,Atlanta) all have horrendous rush D's this year.

you get my drift? last years stats are last years stats. This goes for Defenses more than any other position.

SJax has a torn groin, and Pitt is the #4 rush D in the league THIS YEAR. That is a terrible combo when the championship is on the line.

I think you have the wrong idea. I was merely putting in something for reference. It has no merit for what I think he would do against those teams, just that teams do give up yards in the latter part of the season. Maybe i made a mistake putting that in, but I didnt mean for it to take precendence. SO if that is the case, I apologize -- and yes, of course I get your drift. I will admit mistakes, and this is probably one of them, but I didnt mean for it to be a comparison, merely a reference point of some point. But I will stand by the fact that Sjax will run against Cincy in the first round of my playoffs. And when healthy, its as good a combo as Pitt is a bad one. But thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it, always room for improvement.

Edit: Oh, and just so you know, my post has nothing to do with trading, I was merely giving what I feel is an optimistic projection.

I traded T.Jones, Chris Brown, and B.Marshall for SJax, Leonard, and Berrian.

:rolleyes:

Did you trade with Gary the Retard or Crackhead Bob?

I traded Jacobs, D Ward, and Holt for Jackson, Leonard, and Andre Johnson. Now I just have to pray they come back soon.