Sign in to follow this  
m4rk0

MJD hobbles off the field

Left knee sprain....he will be fine next week......should not have been in the game tho....

Left knee sprain....he will be fine next week......should not have been in the game tho....

Dr Andrews??? I didn't know you frequented this board...

How can you possibly determine is return just watching him limp off the field.

You gotta wonder... what the hell was he in the game for? Pride???? That's it? Gimme a break. It's not like the Jags season was over because of this loss!?!? If I were coach, no way in hell my star players are in during garbage time.

I almost hope it's serious just to spite Del Rio. :dunno:

overheard dungy ask delrio when they shook hands how mjd was doing if it was the knee and delrio responded it wasnt bad it was just the ankle

:dunno:

Because sprained knees are nothing to worry about? Ask Andre Johnson.

All I know is MJD was shaking his head and limping badly. Not sure why some of you guys are blowing it off like it's nothing and saying he's going to play next week. I guess you have him and it's wishful thinking. Didn't look good to me...that's all I'm saying. I'm not stupid enough to speculate.

Yes, because that's so easy to see by the way he's limping....... :dunno:

kinda like RB was limping off of the field yesterday.... <_<

You can't tell anything about knee injuries until they do the MRI tomorrow... :lol:

Dr Andrews??? I didn't know you frequented this board...

How can you possibly determine is return just watching him limp off the field.

I dont need to be a doctor to assess what I saw and what I heard. Commentators said it was a left knee sprain. He was able to walk off the field and into the lockeroom under his own power. Did not look very serious at all. How much would you like to wager that MJD is fine and plays next week? I would bet any amount of $$$ under the sun because I am that confident that its not a serious injury. Do you need to be an NFL coach to know when to call a particular play and the effectiveness of said play call after it has been executed? Do you need to be an NFL scout to assess a players strenghts and weaknessess? Do you need to be a lawyer to know what laws are?

Maurice Jones-Drew left Monday night's game with a left knee sprain.

Jones-Drew walked off the field and then headed to the locker room as time wound down. He had rushed 13 times for 52 yards and a touchdown before leaving. He also had caught two passes for 12 yards, and had more touches than Fred Taylor for a second consecutive week. We'll update his status as we know more.

ROTOWORLD

Look, even if he didn't blow his knee out, he is done for a few weeks. Jacobs took 3/4 weeks & A.Johnson still is trying to comeback. Knee sprain is a technical term for FUC%ED!!

How do you know he will even have an MRI? How do you know he wasnt shaking his head because they lost the game and he was disappointed? Yes I own him, and yes I will be optimistic about the situation. It did not seem to be a bad injury. You can disagree all you want, but I will continue to be optimistic based on what I saw and heard. We can agree to disagree. No need to be sarcastic douche bags.

Maurice Jones-Drew left Monday night's game with a left knee sprain.

Jones-Drew walked off the field and then headed to the locker room as time wound down. He had rushed 13 times for 52 yards and a touchdown before leaving. He also had caught two passes for 12 yards, and had more touches than Fred Taylor for a second consecutive week. We'll update his status as we know more.

ROTOWORLD

Look, even if he didn't blow his knee out, he is done for a few weeks. Jacobs took 3/4 weeks & A.Johnson still is trying to comeback. Knee sprain is a technical term for FUC%ED!!

LOL!!!! How can you say he is done for a few weeks???? Just because Jacobs and Johnson missed time doesnt mean MJD will. There are what are called DEGREES of injury......

Talk about bitter sweet. I won my fantasy game by 1 point thanks to those garbage points by MJD :doublethumbsup: , yet I might lose him now after trading MBIII away. I have Taylor, so it might turn out ok. :pointstosky:

I dont need to be a doctor to assess what I saw and what I heard. Commentators said it was a left knee sprain. He was able to walk off the field and into the lockeroom under his own power. Did not look very serious at all. How much would you like to wager that MJD is fine and plays next week? I would bet any amount of $$$ under the sun because I am that confident that its not a serious injury. Do you need to be an NFL coach to know when to call a particular play and the effectiveness of said play call after it has been executed? Do you need to be an NFL scout to assess a players strenghts and weaknessess? Do you need to be a lawyer to know what laws are?

Dude, Ronnie Brown walked off of the field into the locker room yesterday under his own power. Watching the video, he didn't seem to be limping even as much as MJD was. Of course, we know the end result of that one.

Trying to speculate on an injury based on what you see and some basic diagnosis without any medcal equipment to confirm is pure idiocy in the making.

Dude, Ronnie Brown walked off of the field into the locker room yesterday under his own power. Watching the video, he didn't seem to be limping even as much as MJD was. Of course, we know the end result of that one.

Trying to speculate on an injury based on what you see and some basic diagnosis without any medcal equipment to confirm is pure idiocy in the making.

yeah, but brown was rolling on the ground in pain with trainers running out to him. MJD got up and walked off on his own without trainers and then walked into the locker room without them. not that any of this means anything, but we can hold out hope.

the fact that he was shaking his head as he walked off is not a good sign, but it could have just been frustration on his part...

lets just hope and pray for the best.... he is my keeper in a dynasty league! so this could be devastating for me!

How do you know he will even have an MRI? How do you know he wasnt shaking his head because they lost the game and he was disappointed? Yes I own him, and yes I will be optimistic about the situation. It did not seem to be a bad injury. You can disagree all you want, but I will continue to be optimistic based on what I saw and heard. We can agree to disagree. No need to be sarcastic douche bags.

First of all, probably because they do MRIs when somebody falls out of bed funny. Also, because that's the easiest and most accurate way to determine if there is any more to the injury than just a sprain or a tear, or whatever.

Dude, if you seriously think that he won't be getting an MRI tomorrow, you win the award for Idiot-of-the-Year hands down, and we still have a lil' over 2 months left. Here's your sign (and award).. :doublethumbsup:

Stop already...he was not shaking his head because he was disappointed...you sound ridiculous. He was shaking his friggin head because he just got tackled and could barely walk. We all saw the same thing. Now I'm not saying it's serious or not but all I will say is I hope you have a backup plan next week. Again, just an opinion. We'll see when he doesn't practice all week.

LOL!!!! How can you say he is done for a few weeks???? Just because Jacobs and Johnson missed time doesnt mean MJD will. There are what are called DEGREES of injury......

When was the last time you heard a RB being diagnosed with a sprained knee & being able to play the next week?? He will have an MRI tomorrow & we will find out more then. But he will be playing on a short week & that also doesn't go well for him...

yeah, but brown was rolling on the ground in pain with trainers running out to him. MJD got up and walked off on his own without trainers and then walked into the locker room without them. not that any of this means anything, but we can hold out hope.

the fact that he was shaking his head as he walked off is not a good sign, but it could have just been frustration on his part...

lets just hope and pray for the best.... he is my keeper in a dynasty league! so this could be devastating for me!

I have no problem with being optimistic and holding out hope. I do think it's idiotic to try and say that the injury doesn't look serious based solely on the fact that he walked off of the field under his own power.

You can never tell how serious injuries are involving the knee until the doctors use their advanced medical equipment to diagnose how serious it is.

I'm certainly not going to try and make a prognosis based on what I saw on TV, nor based on what is released as the preliminary diagnosis. Nobody will know nothin' about nothin' until they look into it further tomorrow.

Good luck to you in your situation. I hope it turns out OK.

First of all, probably because they do MRIs when somebody falls out of bed funny. Also, because that's the easiest and most accurate way to determine if there is any more to the injury than just a sprain or a tear, or whatever.

Dude, if you seriously think that he won't be getting an MRI tomorrow, you win the award for Idiot-of-the-Year hands down, and we still have a lil' over 2 months left. Here's your sign (and award).. :dunno:

Idiot of the year :blink:

MJD owners had no problem with him being in last week with Jags up 30-7 in the middle of the 4th when he broke a long TD run and did that stupid flip into the end zone. This week he is in the game down 3TD's late in the 4th and gets hurt and may miss time.

Looked to me like he just banged his knee on the tackler's helmet. Could be nothing more than a bruise. Who knows for sure but it didn't look like an typical acl injury. :pointstosky:

Could be one of a million things... only an MRI will tell. In all likelihood there was some soft tissue damage based on how he walked off the field. Whether it's a mild sprain or a blown ACL, we won't know until later this week.

In all likelihood there was some soft tissue damage based on how he walked off the field.

no.

this is a little ridiculous.

guys, there is no focking point in speculating.... the way he got hit, how he walked off the field, blah blah blah means nothing.

after the MRI the extent of the injury will be known. until then all us MJD owners just hold our collective breaths and hope for the best.

Here is a thought, rather than speculating, or pannicking, or sniping at each other for claiming to not know, or not caring enough, or for not jumping off a building, LETS WAIT FOR some NEWS!

Deep breaths everyone. :dunno:

X-Rays came back negative and he's expected to play Wk8. No I do not have the source handy but I read it on MyFantasyLeague.

All of you self-appointed orthopedic surgeons here can go back to your day jobs now.

X-Rays came back negative and he's expected to play Wk8. No I do not have the source handy but I read it on MyFantasyLeague.

All of you self-appointed orthopedic surgeons here can go back to your day jobs now.

Ronnie Browns X-Ray was negative too. To bad his MRI wasn't!

Assuming he plays next week, how will the running game be affected with Garrard out?

No it wasn't! Where did you hear that? Do you just make stuff up?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=3155

The Dolphins are initially calling Ronnie Brown's knee injury a sprain. He will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the injury's exact extent.

Brown, who was injured in the third quarter Sunday while trying to make a tackle on an interception return, left Dolphins Stadium on crutches with his right leg in an air cast. He says X-rays came back negative, but more will be known on Monday. Knee sprains can be multiple-week injuries. Jesse Chatman will start vs. the Giants in Week 8 if Brown can't play.

He is right. I think an apology is due....

Assuming he plays next week, how will the running game be affected with Garrard out?

The questions here are amazing. Let me just take a quick look in my crystal ball and get back to you.

I'm no doctor, but aren't XRays used for bones and MRIs used for ligaments, tendons, and strucural damage?

So if it's a knee "sprain" an Xray wouldn't show anything.

But I'm starting to feel better about it. There are now multiple quotes saying he will be fine.

And I think the initial diagnosis of "sprain" was just loosly termed. They said that like 5 minutes after it happened after he walked into the locker room. So there is no way they had any tests or evidence to back up that diagnosis.

Looking at it again, it didn't bend back or anything, he just got popped on the knee. Hopefullly just a bruise and he'll be fine.