Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

What's a Laurence Maroney worth?

I keep reading that his guy will pick it up in the 2nd half, so what's he worth? What's the trade value on Maroney right now? What would you offer to get him or take to let him go?

you couldn't get a ball of lint and a gumball for him right now. i have no plan on trading him at all. i think he's going to pay off at the most important time of the ff calendar.

you could probably get him for cheap if the owner in your league listens to the crap that's constantly spewed on FF websites about him every day.

I'm trying to swing him, Berrian and Shaun McDonald for Chad Johnson. I know, normally a reach since I'm getting a stud WR back but the guy really needs a RB (he's starting Brandon Jackson and Chester Taylor at RB for crying out loud!) and he's mulling it over tonight. If not, I may try to get Stallworth and something else.

i traded him straight up for colston. if that helps......even when he returns to full strength he's a between the 20's runner at best that doesn't catch the ball

After watching ESPN for the past 3 weeks to see if he is playing each week, and after he finally is healthy enough to play and then only get 6 carries, i decided enough was enough and was going to cut him. Then I got offers of Larry Fitzgerald for Maroney and Kellen Winslow/Roy Williams/Marshawn Lynch for Maroney/Reggie Wayne. I seriously considered getting Lynch since i was going to drop maroney anyway and i'm pretty set with WR that i can afford to replace Wayne with Roy Williams and i'm desperate for a TE (even though he's hurt right now).

But then i thought that maybe there's more value to Maroney that what i had first thought. Can NE really keep this passing game up, even when the weather gets brutal in the end of November and december? I'm going to hold on to him unless some sick deal comes my way. Besides, can he really get any worst??

After watching ESPN for the past 3 weeks to see if he is playing each week, and after he finally is healthy enough to play and then only get 6 carries, i decided enough was enough and was going to cut him. Then I got offers of Larry Fitzgerald for Maroney and Kellen Winslow/Roy Williams/Marshawn Lynch for Maroney/Reggie Wayne. I seriously considered getting Lynch since i was going to drop maroney anyway and i'm pretty set with WR that i can afford to replace Wayne with Roy Williams and i'm desperate for a TE (even though he's hurt right now).

But then i thought that maybe there's more value to Maroney that what i had first thought. Can NE really keep this passing game up, even when the weather gets brutal in the end of November and december? I'm going to hold on to him unless some sick deal comes my way. Besides, can he really get any worst??

you're going to regret not making either one of those deals

i have a chance to trade maroney and driver.....for colston and mbIII

i was gonna do deshaun foster and driver..........but this shows you what i think of maroney

when you are up by 30+ points, and your QB is still throwing td's.....i see no upside for the running game

Been offered Maroney for D. Bowe.

Here is what my team looks like:

QB: Kitna, Warner

RB: ADP, KJones, AGreen, Bennett

WR. Ocho-Cinco, S.Smith, T.O., B.Marshall, Stokley, R.White, D.Bowe

K-who cares

Def: Tampa Bay

What do you think? I do need more depth at RB.

Been offered Maroney for D. Bowe.

Here is what my team looks like:

QB: Kitna, Warner

RB: ADP, KJones, AGreen, Bennett

WR. Ocho-Cinco, S.Smith, T.O., B.Marshall, Stokley, R.White, D.Bowe

K-who cares

Def: Tampa Bay

What do you think? I do need more depth at RB.

I just traded Henry and Selvin Young for Maroney and Morris

I am looking to trade my second round pick next year for him in my money keeper league.

My team is in my sig line. MBIII and SA are on byes this week and I am not looking forward to starting Betts alongside Addai.

granted, since it is a two man keeper, my second pick is really like a fourth round pick.

I think he has got some upside. Especially considering that there are literally no defenses guarding against the run anymore.

There should be some games where he opens up some big plays.

I traded Travis Henry and Boldin for Maroney and Burress on Sunday morning of week 6.

If you consider Burress and Boldin a wash then Maroney is basically worth a guy who is likely to only play 3 more weeks.

And even then Im feeling like I got hosed.

Just have to keep telling myself to be patient but . . . . . . .

I HATE FF this year.

I traded Travis Henry and Boldin for Maroney and Burress on Sunday morning of week 6.

If you consider Burress and Boldin a wash then Maroney is basically worth a guy who is likely to only play 3 more weeks.

And even then Im feeling like I got hosed.

Just have to keep telling myself to be patient but . . . . . . .

I HATE FF this year.

at this point in the season i think you got great value. how is burress/boldin a wash? i'm a burress owner and beyond him not practicing every week and being questionable he's a joy to have on your team. he's been automatic every week but this last. eli looks to him 1st, especially in the red zone.

Maroney/henry is a good trade for you too. you got rid of a headache in henry because maroney's value is so low. i thing his value has no place to go but up while henry could have no value very soon.

at this point in the season i think you got great value. how is burress/boldin a wash? i'm a burress owner and beyond him not practicing every week and being questionable he's a joy to have on your team. he's been automatic every week but this last. eli looks to him 1st, especially in the red zone.

Maroney/henry is a good trade for you too. you got rid of a headache in henry because maroney's value is so low. i thing his value has no place to go but up while henry could have no value very soon.

My league is ppr and Boldin is actually averaging MORE points per game than Burress. So it easily could be considered a wash. I really like Burress as well but Boldin has been great when he's played and has a favorable schedule from here on out.

Overall I do think it was a good trade for me and one I HAD to make but I was just adding to the thread about what Maroney is worth right now. The guy who drafted him was so frustrated w/ him that he would rather gamble on getting a few weeks out of Henry and hoping he somehow beats his suspension than wait on Maroney to get healthy and actually contribute.

But wait...........think about it...........

We all know what Bill Belichick's favorite time-killer hobby is! Focking with the minds of other Coaches and Fantasy Ballers.

He's just waiting to lull everyone into the "the Patriots are such a great passing team, that we now have to "ballz-out" guard the pass" mindset.

THEN......he's gonna spring his secret weapon on the League! A well-rested, clock-killin, fire-breathing LAURENCE MARONEY!

...after every Fanstasy Baller who drafted him in the 1st Round has traded him for a used piece of gum.

...it won't matter because this won't happen until they reach the playoffs and most FF Leagues Championships have been won.

TRADE HIM FOR THE GUM.

Would you trade Maroney and SMorris for JLewis and SMoss??

My Team:

QB: Rothlesberger, Bulger, Warner

RB: Gore, Maroney, Rhodes, Wright, Morris

WR: CJohnson, RWilliams, Whitten, Holmes

My thinking was RBBC in NE when Morris returns + the Brady show is not good for Maroney. But like another poster said there is a lot of upside to Maroney. JLewis has easy schedule 12-15 but is injured. Should I accept, reject, or counter for LBetts, DBowe, CBrown with JLewis??

I'm holding Addai, Edge, Lynch, DeAngelo Williams and Selvin Young right now. I'd like to trade one of those last two for somebody I believe in more. The guy who has him has Westbrook, Jacobs, Maroney and Kenny Watson and I'm trying to figure out whether I go for him or SJax and who's more likely to rebound. Both scare the hell out of me right now. I'm probably just gonna sit on it for a couple of weeks and pray that Henry gets suspended (in which case I'll sell Selvin Young quick, before Ratface Shanny focks me) and pray like hell that DeAngelo cracks the starting spot and never looks back. I really want a 4th RB that I can sub out based on matchups.

Ha someone offered me Maroney for DeAngelo Williams straight up...does this trade even matter?

If so, who's more likely to be better in the long run?

I traded Fitzy and Ahman Green and got Maroney and Cotchery before week 7. The Arizona QB situation frightened me going forward (this was before Warner was healed by God) and I wanted Maroney for some reason I'm still trying to fathom.

I can't believe what people are willing to trade Maroney for. I got him for Davenport and Porter (from Willie Parker owner). My thoughts are that his value is very low. He is playing for the hottest offense in the league right now. The Patriots will not beat every team by 20-30 points and Brady will not throw for 61 TDs (he probably will throw for 48+). The Patriots are a veteran team and they know at some point they will have to break out the running game. The Patriots are thin at RB and I honestly think they are saving him for the colder weather coming up. Maroney will be in for a nice second half. With that said I wouldn't rely on him as a starter until he shines in back to back games. But I would take him over the likes of Benson, Lewis, Jacobs, etc. as a second half weapon, assuming you can afford to stash him for 2-3 weeks.

I advise you all to get Maroney while he's still cheap! Yall didn't listen to me about Randy Moss in the pre-season, don't make the same mistake with Maroney! :music_guitarred:

I just traded:

Maroney

Colston

O.Daniels

For:

Andre Johnson

Kellen Winslow

I didn't really need Maroney, as I had 5 other RB's, but I don't see him doing much, with Brady trying to throw as many TD's a game as he can. Sure, he'll come back and get 75-100 yards rushing a game, but I don't see very many TD's his way.

OK, We get it...the Pats will eventually start pounding the rock......but this guy has NO upside. does he catch? No Does he score? No does he stay healthy? NO what's to wait around for?

I just traded:

Maroney

Colston

O.Daniels

For:

Andre Johnson

Kellen Winslow

I didn't really need Maroney, as I had 5 other RB's, but I don't see him doing much, with Brady trying to throw as many TD's a game as he can. Sure, he'll come back and get 75-100 yards rushing a game, but I don't see very many TD's his way.

I just pulled the trigger too:

I got: Denver D(Ravens bye) / Derek Anderson / LenDale White

He got: Maphony/James Jones / Jason Campbell

I'm on a three game skid, and pretty solid elsewhere. At thispoint, I need wins NOW.